Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Order of product usage for AM and PM--need your suggestions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Need some suggestions. I am finally on a good regimine that has been controlling my acne and oiliness, but want to make sure that I am using all products best way possible to take advantage of their benefits. Can you just take a look and recommend any changes to my current routine.

AM

Gentle cleanser
IFP DMAE
IFP Matrixyl 3000
Carekates Pearl Cream
IFP clarifying serum
IFP healing serum, if needed
Carekates Ylang Ylang oil to control oil
Silk Dust powder
MMU
Spritz to set

PM

BHA/AHA, wait 30 mins
IFP Pearl Cream
IFP clarifying serum

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Need some suggestions. I am finally on a good regimine that has been controlling my acne and oiliness, but want to make sure that I am using all products best way possible to take advantage of their benefits. Can you just take a look and recommend any changes to my current routine.

AM

Gentle cleanser
IFP DMAE
IFP Matrixyl 3000
Carekates Pearl Cream
IFP clarifying serum
Carekates Ylang Ylang oil to control oil
Silk Dust powder
MMU
Spritz to set

PM

BHA/AHA, wait 30 mins
IFP Pearl Cream
IFP clarifying serum

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Hi, I don't know if I would be of that much help since I am still getting confused about my own routine. Have you tried PMing Kim of IFP to see what she'd suggest?

One thing I noticed is you don't use any eye cream. Is that by choice?

Maybe you can also post how old you are, and what your skin type is. I know you mentioned acne and oily, but is it all over, or just t-zone? Some people are oily but dehydrated.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh, sure. I am 38 years old, Asian, with olive/red skin, tough skin can resist anything. Very few wrinkles, just two fine lines on forehard. I really do not like to put anything on my eyes but I do put some DMAE on them. Would like to look into it though.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's a lot of stuff in the a.m., LOL! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of stuff in the a.m., LOL! Smile

I was thinking that, too. LOL I would never make it out of my house if I had that many things to put on. As it is, I take an hour to get ready. Very Happy

ETA: I wonder if you would like to simplify your AM routine a bit. Since most of the cell renewals occur at night while you're sleeping, maybe it would be more beneficial to switch things around?
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
My concern would be that perhaps not all of the products can perform to their maximum potential when layered like that - and also that some of the products are basically 'the same'.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
And diva, just in case you don't know this, Kim is not at liberty to discuss products on an open public forum, so if you want to know the details, you should pm her.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I can discuss products - just not MY products. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Gotcha...I will try and put more things in the PM. Should I go ahead and just put the BHA/AHA in the am then?
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure how to answer this & not break any guidelines, so just PM me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also noticed you don't have any sunscreen listed in your routine. What do you think of Vit C? I am not using one now, but will be making my own one just as soon as I got the liquid oat BG from GoW. I think it's important to use that in the AM to ward off all the pollutions. Very Happy

The challenge with using the AHA/BHA in the AM is due to the wait time. Most people do it in the PM. I am ok with AM usage for myself. I just wash my face and apply the BHA as soon as I wake up. Then I go get lunches ready for the kids. Then I go on with the rest of the routine after the 30 min wait is over.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |