Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Diana Yvonne 40% TCA Latte Peel - Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've read through all the TCA peel threads and haven't quite found what I'm looking for, so hope someone who's used this product can advise.
I got a sample yesterday and applied it to the lines around my mouth with a Q-tip and left it on. OMG, it stung like hell, but I suffered in the name of beauty Smile. Now today I have red spots and some light peeling going on - but I'm not sure if I did it correctly.....
I'm looking for specific instructions as to:
1. Can it be left on or should it be removed after a particular time-frame?
2. If it should be removed, will just plain water do?
3. Can I apply other products over top (i.e. moisturizer, Vit C, day/night creams etc.)?

Her website doesn't really address these issues as far as I could see, and it's reported to be very mild - NOT Shock. I just can't imagine putting this all over my face !

TIA Smile
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Anya -- a TCA Peel from DY? I didn't think that DY sold TCA peels?

Are you sure you didn't get a Lactic Acid peel?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Wow.. 40% sounds really strong. I did a patch test on my 16%, and my skin turned brown the next day.. not red. hmm

You might want to check this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=255730&highlight=#255730
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
If it is the LA40%, then water does neutralise it. You need to start slowly. 30 second increases at most. Do not apply vit C. Use emu and/or HA/aloe vera and some dilute copper peptide serum if you have it. Otherwise steer clear of any other actives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
If it is the LA40%, then water does neutralise it. You need to start slowly. 30 second increases at most. Do not apply vit C. Use emu and/or HA/aloe vera and some dilute copper peptide serum if you have it. Otherwise steer clear of any other actives.

DY doesn't sell TCA that I know of. I think Guapagirl is correct. LA40% to me is very strong IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
Anya -- a TCA Peel from DY? I didn't think that DY sold TCA peels?

Are you sure you didn't get a Lactic Acid peel?

Brick wall D'UH my bad - I meant to say LA. I'll see if I can change the topic name since I don't want to confuse anyone else.

I went for the 40% strength as it sounded like a mild solution from reading about it on her site but its surprisingly strong Shock

Lisey I also applied a dab of it on a stubborn pale brown acne mark, now its dark brown which is kinda weird as the area around my mouth is bright red. Gosh I sound like a mess, but luckily I didn't put it all over my face Rolling Eyes

ETA: Darn, I can't change the topic name!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Anya! Becareful! Even on platinum skin care, for tca 30% they put:

WARNING! This peel is not meant to go on full strength! This peel comes with complete directions on how to easily change the percentage from a very mild solution to a stronger one.

Here's instructions for 20%..
http://platinumskincare.com/product_img/peels/directions/20tca.html Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I use the DY 65% lactic acid and do a peel once a week. I leave it on for 3-4 mins and it does sting like hell - it actually hurts more than the 15% TCA peel that I have used.

To do your whole face - I would just start off with one minute and see how you go, everyone's skin is different. I haven't had any adverse affects from using the LA - I wash it off with the green tea soap and then apply emu oil which is very soothing to the skin. I'm not sure why the LA stings so much because it doesn't make my skin peel as much as the TCA does.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Lisey Very Happy For sure I'll be diluting this stuff before I try it again, which leads to another question....what do I dilute it with...water?

Keliu I salute your tolerance to pain Very Happy Having used Lactic Acid peels, have you noticed any reduction in lines, or does it just improve your skin texture?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Thanks for the link Lisey Very Happy For sure I'll be diluting this stuff before I try it again, which leads to another question....what do I dilute it with...water?

Keliu I salute your tolerance to pain Very Happy Having used Lactic Acid peels, have you noticed any reduction in lines, or does it just improve your skin texture?

When I started with the Lactic Acid peels it was mainly to try to get rid of these cystic lumps and my congested pores. Dermatologists had told me that the only way to address the cysts was to have them lasered off. Well, the LA has really cleared my pores and the lumps on my forehead are just about gone - its a huge improvement. As for the wrinkles - I am getting these prune like wrinkles around my mouth which I am obsessing about. They are not magically disappearing and I have recently ordered some Retin A cream to see how I go with that.

My beautician told me that LA is really good for the skin so I'm definitely going to keep on with it. Although it stings, from what I've read and heard, it isn't as problematic as TCA as regards burning of the skin.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I am getting these prune like wrinkles around my mouth which I am obsessing about.

Yes, yes, me toooooo Crying or Very sad I so want to get rid of them, or at least minimize them and that's what got me going on Lactic Acid. From what you've said, it doesn't look like LA is the answer. Let's know if Retin A does a better job Confused
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:

Yes, with water. Smile I would use distilled or purified water because tap water is filthy! BTW... The patch test I did, was on an age spot on my face. Is that what you call them? The brown spots caused by UV exposure? Today the skin came off, and it's gone!! Shock
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm still flaking around the mouth, and the acne mark is still brownish/red, but I'll wait until both these areas shed completely before trying it out again - diluted this time Embarassed

Lisey I call those brown age spots "freckles" Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |