Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jojoba oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aer817

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I recently started using a small amount of jojoba oil at night in place of a moisturizer. Things seemed to be going well (considering I break out very easily) until I added a bit of rose seed oil to it. javascript:emoticon('Mad') OH MY GOSH- my face has broken out horribly! I found it strange that I reacted so badly to it, since I don't see any other comments about it bothering anyone else. Any thoughts?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello do you mean rosehip seed oil? If so is the rosehip oil organic? Did you get if from a reputable dealer? With the popularity of rosehip oil you will find all kinds out there and if you are not getting an organic oil it could be that your particular oil has traces of synthetics, chemicals, or pesticides which could be causing the bad reaction. If the oil is organic than your skin might just not like it. I don't know know how much oil you are using but you only need one or a couple of drops of oil. Just add them to your palm, rub together and massage into your face. A little bit of oil goes a very long way. Hope your breakout improves soon.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
It is rosehip seed oil. I bought it at the health food store. It is the "NOW" brand and says 100% pure and natural. I don't know which oil broke me out so bad, I mean it is a BAD breakout. I'm assuming it wasn't the jojoba oil though, since I had been using that for over a week without any problems.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Some people do breakout from Rosehip Seed Oil and almost no one would break out from jojoba oil I think.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I quit using both oils for now while I give my face a rest. I looks horrible. I'm embarrassed to go to work! Once it clears up, I'll start using the jojoba oil again and see how things go. Right now, I'm just sticking with my basic routine- Purpose soap and Nuetrogena oil free moisturizer. Boring, I know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Some people do breakout from Rosehip Seed Oil and almost no one would break out from jojoba oil I think.

You can also break out from jojoba. Everyone's skin is different. What works for one person might be another person's nightmare. Sometimes it takes a while for the skin to react. The only way for you to know which is the culprit is to use each one separately for a while and see what happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
aer817 wrote:
It is rosehip seed oil. I bought it at the health food store. It is the "NOW" brand and says 100% pure and natural. I don't know which oil broke me out so bad, I mean it is a BAD breakout. I'm assuming it wasn't the jojoba oil though, since I had been using that for over a week without any problems.

I'm not familiar with the "NOW" brand you've mentioned but I've seen many oils sold at health food stores that really aren't the best quality. They are affordable and thus marketable to the general public, but they usually aren't the greatest. If you're looking for good oils I would suggest getting them from an aromatherapist or a distributor who only sells oils or someone who specializes in aromatherapeutic goods. This way not only will you be getting quality items but you will have the opportunity to benefit from their knowledge and advice as well. "Pure and natural" doesn't cut it in my book as thousands of products out there or sold under these pretenses and unfortunately are anything but.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |