Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
I'm gonna HOOP DANCE!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a hula hoop...not the kids size dinky ones of your youth...but adult, weighted hula hoop.

Two of my friends are currently taking classes on hoop dance. It's is AMAZING for your body. A famous hoop dancer named Cristabel (aka Hoop Girl) went from 180 to 125 pounds after changing her diet and hooping.

I just bought a DVD. Here's the demo. I bought the gold and pink hoop that she uses in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKN0A4knNk

These are the girls that do the DVD...they are sooo awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9seFsuHnrM

I'm also looking into buying the Hoop Girl DVD:
http://www.hoopgirl.com/

I've never done this before...but it looks sooo fun...I can't believe it's exercise! I borrowed my friend's hoop and even after 10 minutes my abs felt like they had been worked for 2 hours! I never got that feeling even after doing 200 crunches (I work out at the gym).

I don't have time to take a class...it's two days a week, but with a job, roller derby, full time graduate classes and a thesis to write...I just don't have time until after the semester is over.

Seriously...i'm soooo excited...I'm gonna be a HOOPER!
ANYONE can do it...you don't have to look like these people (not all women...some guys do it too!) and in fact...hooping helped them look the way they do now.

I had to share my enthusiasm. I've been looking for a unique, fun, exercise routine and I think this might be it!

There is also club hooping...where you are like a go-go dancer only you do it with a hoop. Intense but it looks soooo fun! I tried to get into belly dance but it wasn't for me.

If you end up trying it...let me know!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I know it supposed to be really good for you. I do have a couple of hoops in the shed. Maybe it is time to get them out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
That DOES look like alot of fun - but I fear I'd dislocate something trying to wiggle like that...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
My boyfriend bought me a hula hoop one day because I randomly mentioned one day I held a record as a kid. So he comes home with a hula hoop the next day! Laughing This was a few years ago.. I still got it!! Laughing He got me one with a gel filled inside or something. I still use it now and then because its a mood lifter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Is it good for loosing weight?
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
That DOES look like alot of fun - but I fear I'd dislocate something trying to wiggle like that...

I'm thinking the exact same thing!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I'd so love to do this! I bet I'd probably be crap, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:

YES

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroikam, how heavy is your hoop? I have a 6 pound one. Please take a class if you can. Start slow and be very careful. I've read about weighted hoop causing bad spine damage!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
That looks fun! Too bad there is a 99% chance that the first time I had the hoop over my head it would go flying and break something. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like lots of fun. Ahh I remember the days of childhood and hula hooping. Those were the days. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
ParisTroikam, how heavy is your hoop? I have a 6 pound one. Please take a class if you can. Start slow and be very careful. I've read about weighted hoop causing bad spine damage!!!

The ones for dance are only 1.5 pounds. The fitness hoops vary in weight. I"m doing it for both exercise AND dance so I decided to go with the standard one sold on the hoop dance websites.

I'll dink around with my DVD until the semester is over. The teacher we have in town also does classes at a dance studio...since I'll be working full time I'll probably be able to afford to go there instead of the campus recreation center (I won't be able to use the facilities as I won't be a student anymore...).
My two friends are in the class and have gotten AWESOME. This teacher is certified through hoopgirl.com...another great website.

I was just notified my hoop was shipped today! SOOO excited! I can't wait! I live near a park, so I put on my ipod and go for a hoop walk!

This is the one I bought Image

I love this one too!

There are also many sites where you can design your own color combination too! www.superhooper.org

I REALLY want one of these when (if!) I get really good...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wow..this looks really really cool. how long do you think it'll take for a person to actually do just as good to do a dance?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika, my friend hula hoop dance everyday! Her hula hoop is WAY bigger and bigger than those!! I tried it, but I'm sooo tiny.. and it kind of hurts my stomach a lot.. Maybe I don't do it right. You've made me want to try this! I want that tiny waist!! Drool
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hoop dancing is supposedly the new pole dancing in Hollywood, so you are in good company in terms of the latest fitness idea. However, I have tried the weighted ones like MACrisis mentioned and they are killer, so I bet your DVD will be great and should totally help with looking great and dancing. When I saw this on, I think, E News I was really tempted but living in VT where we barely have enough pilates classes, I think I will have to wait. Let us all know how it goes and if the DVD's are worth it! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've inspired another friend to get in on it. I haven't stopped hooping since I got my hoop!!!

I just bought the travel hoop fromwww.hoopnotica.com

It's comes in 6 segments designed by an engineer...sooo easy to travel with!!! So excited!

I truly am a hooping fool!
Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
The music on the DVD preview vid sounds amazing! Must track down some of those tunes.
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I was just thinking about using multi hoops as exercise.

anyway... this hoopnotica thing looks like belly dancing with hoops.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I know it supposed to be really good for you. I do have a couple of hoops in the shed. Maybe it is time to get them out.

Love the smiley! Where did you find that? Smile
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
That looks fun! Too bad there is a 99% chance that the first time I had the hoop over my head it would go flying and break something. Cool

LOL! My fear also! I'm going to bubble wrap everything breakable and then have a go!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:51 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
helenzwl wrote:

YES

I can't see how you can loose weight? Do you get out of breath doing it?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
It takes a lot of core (i.e. abdominal and back) control in hooping...add dancing, moving around, for an hour and you've got a FABULOUS workout. Just like those dance classes, in hoop dancing you have resistance with the hoop. You can also get weighted hoops to make an intense workout. One gal (HoopGirl) is currently collecting information on how much weight hoopers have lost. She herself, like I said before, went from 180-5 to 125 with hooping, but as any exercise routine, you also have to change your diet.

After hooping for 15 minutes, I feel like I've worked my abs for an hour!!! I do have bruises (normal...they go away quickly) from the hoop, but I'm having so much fun! I'm surprised how quickly one can learn. I went from Saturday, having a hard time keeping the hoop up above my hips (hence the bruise on my hip bone) to last night doing my first quick 360 spin. I only pick it up and do it 15-20 minutes at a time...I hope to set aside 30 minutes every day to do it...

Lisey...it's normal if you hurt or are sore at first. Your body has to get used to the hoop. The key is to work through it (what I'm doing right now) and it'll subside. I've done a lot of reading about being new to hooping and all have said bruises, soreness, are normal and will go away quickly if you keep it up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
It takes a lot of core (i.e. abdominal and back) control in hooping...add dancing, moving around, for an hour and you've got a FABULOUS workout. Just like those dance classes, in hoop dancing you have resistance with the hoop. You can also get weighted hoops to make an intense workout. One gal (HoopGirl) is currently collecting information on how much weight hoopers have lost. She herself, like I said before, went from 180-5 to 125 with hooping, but as any exercise routine, you also have to change your diet.

After hooping for 15 minutes, I feel like I've worked my abs for an hour!!! I do have bruises (normal...they go away quickly) from the hoop, but I'm having so much fun! I'm surprised how quickly one can learn. I went from Saturday, having a hard time keeping the hoop up above my hips (hence the bruise on my hip bone) to last night doing my first quick 360 spin. I only pick it up and do it 15-20 minutes at a time...I hope to set aside 30 minutes every day to do it...

Lisey...it's normal if you hurt or are sore at first. Your body has to get used to the hoop. The key is to work through it (what I'm doing right now) and it'll subside. I've done a lot of reading about being new to hooping and all have said bruises, soreness, are normal and will go away quickly if you keep it up.

Sounds very tempting, doesn't cost too much money, is easy to store and fun at the same time. How do you get bruised though? They're not that weighty surely? I would love a new exercise, my house is full of exercise items that I've started (aerobic trampalene, exercise bike, weights, etc) that I've got tired of and are just sitting gathering dust, at least a hoop isn't so big. Smile
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Just seen the demo, wow they make it look SO easy. How long does it take before you can hoop like those girls? I've also got enormous jugs, would they get in the way?! I'm really tempted! I wonder where I could buy a hoop from. Smile
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I just bought a hula hoop...not the kids size dinky ones of your youth...but adult, weighted hula hoop.

Two of my friends are currently taking classes on hoop dance. It's is AMAZING for your body. A famous hoop dancer named Cristabel (aka Hoop Girl) went from 180 to 125 pounds after changing her diet and hooping.

I just bought a DVD. Here's the demo. I bought the gold and pink hoop that she uses in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKN0A4knNk

These are the girls that do the DVD...they are sooo awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9seFsuHnrM

I'm also looking into buying the Hoop Girl DVD:
http://www.hoopgirl.com/

I've never done this before...but it looks sooo fun...I can't believe it's exercise! I borrowed my friend's hoop and even after 10 minutes my abs felt like they had been worked for 2 hours! I never got that feeling even after doing 200 crunches (I work out at the gym).

I don't have time to take a class...it's two days a week, but with a job, roller derby, full time graduate classes and a thesis to write...I just don't have time until after the semester is over.

Seriously...i'm soooo excited...I'm gonna be a HOOPER!
ANYONE can do it...you don't have to look like these people (not all women...some guys do it too!) and in fact...hooping helped them look the way they do now.

I had to share my enthusiasm. I've been looking for a unique, fun, exercise routine and I think this might be it!

There is also club hooping...where you are like a go-go dancer only you do it with a hoop. Intense but it looks soooo fun! I tried to get into belly dance but it wasn't for me.

If you end up trying it...let me know!

I'm gonna have a go too! Just been doing a search though and I can't really find one in the UK that isn't either a FIRE HOOP or a little kiddie size version?! Where you getting yours from? Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |