Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Creating Cheekbones!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys. I really would like to know how to do this, mine are really flat. And I find that cheekbones can give a face defenition (sp)(something extra). Are there some other people who also have flat cheekbones?! Any videos on how to do this?!

Thanks in advance guys Wink

Cheekbones like this would be great, doesn"t have to be like Jlo or something!

TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pipilover! I read a tip on this once so thought I would share it. You can use a bronzer on the lower part of your blushline, and the actual blush/highlighter a bit higher up for contouring purposes. The bronzer down low gives an appearance of indentation making your cheekbone area look more pronounced. I know in a post Avalange used this method too. I also find it works pretty well to help give your cheekbones a bit of a pop. HTH!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
In addition, you can use a highlighter (I like benefit highbeam or moonbeam) and highlight a semi circle starting at the browbone, use very lightly across the temple by the eye, and finish along the upper side of your nonexistent cheekbone, stopping about 1/3 in from the outer corner of your eye. If you do it in bright light, you'll be able to see that in creates a gleam where light would hit if you had more pronounced cheekbones. Takes a bit of practice, but works great.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Below are two sites with step-by-step guide which may give you a clearer idea of what Waffle and TAMgirl had said earlier:

http://www.temptalia.com/tutorial-contour-blush-highlighting-the-face

http://www.movingmakeup.co.uk/lessons.htm

I'm not good in contouring and don't do it often enough too. So far, IMO, I think the correct shade is critical and must be light-handed to achieve a more natural look.

Have fun!

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tahnks for the tips, will try those and practise Wink
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Or you can use a darker shade of foundation and put it under your cheekbones. Very Happy

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
pipilover- if you look really closely at that picture, it looks like that girl has almost a white stripe across her cheekbones. That's where she put highlighter. If I want some major cheekbones, after I apply blush I take highlighting powder and just draw a stripe right across my cheekbone and blend--- it works quite well! As for what I use, I use Alima's Lumina shimmer powder. It's a nice neutral color, so I think it would be a good match for just about anyone. HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
pipilover- if you look really closely at that picture, it looks like that girl has almost a white stripe across her cheekbones. That's where she put highlighter. If I want some major cheekbones, after I apply blush I take highlighting powder and just draw a stripe right across my cheekbone and blend--- it works quite well! As for what I use, I use Alima's Lumina shimmer powder. It's a nice neutral color, so I think it would be a good match for just about anyone. HTH!

Yes I know what you mean with the white stripe. Thanks for the Alima powder tip, will give a look at it.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Another ? Does anyone knows which mmu brand offers (almost) the same type of color in the next picture? My skin color is almost the same type!

TIA. Wink

violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Here is what I do when I want to play up cheekbones:

Apply a brozer in a C-shape, starting at the apples of my cheeks, and going up to my temples. I'll also dust a little on my nose to balance things out.

Then, I apply blush to only the apples. If I'm feeling jiggy, I will occasionally blend it back more towards the hairline right above my ear, but with a much lighter touch than on the apples.

Then, like the other girls said, I use a cream colored iridescent highlighter right under my eye towards the top of my cheekbone. Sometimes I will also dust it on my temples. I just use Wet n' Wild eyeshadow in the creme shade and apply it with a blush brush. I don't like the line- of- highlighter look. I blend it in.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
As someone who used to model (decades ago), I have a lot of good tips. Although I have high cheekbones, I get a really dramatic look by doing this: Close your lips, but make sure your teeth are relaxed and apart. Then suck in your cheeks. The hollows that form, are the area where you want to apply a MATTE bronzer, or a blush that that has a tawny tint. Any cosmetition can help you with shade choices if you are unsure. Highlighting the upper cheekbone is risky, and only looks great in photos. It's deadly if you are more "mature", because the frost or shimmer in the highlighter will bring attention to any lines. If you still want to use the highlighter trick, use a MATTE highlighter.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

As someone who used to model (decades ago), I have a lot of good tips. Although I have high cheekbones, I get a really dramatic look by doing this: Close your lips, but make sure your teeth are relaxed and apart. Then suck in your cheeks. The hollows that form, are the area where you want to apply a MATTE bronzer, or a blush that that has a tawny tint. Any cosmetition can help you with shade choices if you are unsure. Highlighting the upper cheekbone is risky, and only looks great in photos. It's deadly if you are more "mature", because the frost or shimmer in the highlighter will bring attention to any lines. If you still want to use the highlighter trick, use a MATTE highlighter.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
Highlighting the upper cheekbone is risky, and only looks great in photos.

I think it must vary from person to person (or maybe it just depends on the highlighter you use?). I highlight my cheekbones with shimmer powder almost every day, and it really helps my cheekbones look more defined, and dewy as well. It's a great look for me! I don't do it when I'm in a hurry and rushing through my makeup, but when I have time to do it people always comment that I look really pretty, fresh, well-rested, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
If you still want to use the highlighter trick, use a MATTE highlighter.

I agree, luvyourskin... us less young ( Cool ) women need a matte highlighter..

and for my next question...

do you have a favourite to recommend?

TIA
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
luvyourskin wrote:
If you still want to use the highlighter trick, use a MATTE highlighter.

I agree, luvyourskin... us less young ( Cool ) women need a matte highlighter..

and for my next question...

do you have a favourite to recommend?

TIA

I would think a creamy lightweight concealor one shade lighter than your skintone would do it. Lauren Hutton actually has great instructions for highlighting bone structure for the ladies past the age of shimmer-appropriateness. By the way though, I'm 25 and can't wear shimmer powder too close to the eyes either -- I don't have noticeable lines but shimmer powders do seem to settle in what lines I do have. I like a gleamy cream like the benefit I mentioned above, but several companies make a much more matte highlighter. Dior has one I believe...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have barely there cheek bones, and thanks to Liz's great review on the MAC 169 angle blush brush- I know have amazing cheek bones!
I love this brush! I can now apply blush to give me that great high cheek bone look.
I actually have had a few people ask me what I'm doing differently since I have been using this brush.

I can't be bothered with highlighters or darker foundations for contouring- this brush is perfect!
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I apply the highlighter first b/c then when you do the color for the apples on your cheeks it blends better. I apply the highlight to the tops of my cheekbones & in a backward "C" around the temple & up above the brows. I just dot it on w/my fingers & then blend it in. (I also use it down the center of my nose, forehead & chin) I use Revlon skinlights in Nude light. If you're oily though, you may want to avoid these areas.

Then I do the bronzer. I use a matte bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks & blend out towards my temples. I use wet n wild. Cheep & effective. Sucking your cheeks in will help you find proper placement. I also use the bronzer on the sides of my nose & around the perimeter of my face - jaw bone, hairline. A good angled brush will help w/flawless application.

Then I apply the blush w/a skunk brush to the apples of my cheeks.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |