Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you use to remove sunblock (SPF 50+)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just use a cleansing oil, most any brand cleansing oil works for me followed by a foaming cleanser.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I use makeup remover to remove high SPF or waterproof sunblocks.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I just use facial cleanser.
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil is the best. I'm a sunscreen fanatic and reapply at least twice a day so I really need something effective in removing the stuff. Contrary to what many people think, specifically designed cleansing oils do not add oil to your skin and can in fact, more effectively remove impurities. They should be differentiated from regular "oils" though...cleansing oils emulsify with water and rinse off easily. My skin has never been softer or clearer! And although I don't use mascara, I use gel eyeliner...the Shiseido removes this as well.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
It is often recommended to use an Oil cleanser (OCM) to remove sunscreen and MMU.

Most OCM seem to be on line only.

However, lots of ladies on Makeupalley tried and liked the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm. I have tried it (purchased during GWP) and really like it. It takes it all off and does not leave a residue. No need to follow up with a separate cleanser.

I would not use on eyes to take off mascara. (ok for eye lids.)

I would use a cleansing water for mascara removal. I like Vichy (you can use this all over your face, too.)
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use DHC cleansing oil and cleansing milk/lotion after, same as removing make up. Sometimes, I will use cold cream & wipe with cotton pad, then wash with cleansing gel again.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Yup. i am using cleansing oil to remove sunscreen, and now i am using Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I have oily and sensitive skin. I have been hearing a lot about the importance of pH in cleansers. I am really not sure all my cleansers are pH balanced but aren't we supposed to be balancing with a toner afterwards anyway? Are you guys all doing this?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just used facial cleanser and double wash my facial, but i think i should be try cleansing oil to remove it first .
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use a milk cleanser or cleansing cream.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I use Babor cleansing oil followed by milky cleanser. I've tried several cleansing oils, and like Babor the best.
I've used the cleansing waters, and thought they left residue on my face. But I can use them as a precleanse with no problem.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I wash my face twice with a gel cleanser and follow up with toner. I *assume* this washes all the sunscreen. Embarassed
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I use Decleor milk cleanser first, followed with Shiseido foam cleanser.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think that depends. If the sunscreen is water resistant, it is safer to use a cleansing oil or milk to remove it. If it is not, I just wash my face twice use normal cleanser.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
I think that depends. If the sunscreen is water resistant, it is safer to use a cleansing oil or milk to remove it. If it is not, I just wash my face twice use normal cleanser.

If you don't mind me asking, which cleansing oil is good? I never tried a cleansing oil before because I worry about it leaving a film on my face. But I think it might be better for getting rid of oil based/water resistant makeup/sunscreen.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what other uses, but for removing make-up, I use BABY OIL... It works every single time and it does not break the bank Smile Smile Besides, I am still a "baby" Smile Smile Smile

Stardustdy wrote:
Like what the question implied. I heard that using a normal cleanser won't do and a makeup remover such as a cleansing oil will effectively remove it. If sunblock is not thoroughly removed, it'll cause blocked pores. So just wondering if any of u just use a cleansing cloth or remover besides cleansing oil to effectively remove everything? Cuz I don't really like the thought of using oil on my face since some ppl develop horrible allergic reaction to it such as rashes or bumps. Thanks!
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I use cleasing oil.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
i used cleansing oil and now use jojoba oil Very Happy
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I just used daily cleanser .will be add cleansing oil for more clean.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I use Shu Uemura cleansing oil and then a foaming cleanser afterwards. I've also tried a Biore cleanser that was both a makeup remover and facial wash and it worked pretty well too.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |