Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Delicious Hair Tip
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

So, I've began the 'conditioner-only' style of hair washing, and the jury is still out. On the one hand, my scalp and hair seem to be just as clean as it was when I actually used shampoo, and my hair definitely more manageable. On the other, it feels a bit fluffy and light, and parts of it are beginning to tangle easily. Not sure what is up--perhaps another clarifying treatment is in order.

I came up with a little hair spritz that is very effective at adding a little texture and moisture to the hair, not to mention it smells AMAZING. I came up with it when I woke up with smoke-scented hair after a long night of Parisian partying.

I dumped some rosewater hydrosol into a spray bottle, added a couple of drops of lemon EO, a few squirts of pure aloe vera, and about a tablespoon of rosehip seed oil. This is amazing, weightless, and smells great--now I spritz my damp hair with it as well when I get out of the shower. Results: nicely separated, but not oily or coated, waves! And shiny too. I've also used it on dry hair with the same results. It sort of reminds me of the Bumble and Bumble product called 'surf spray,' but without the damaging sea salt element.

I assume you could really add anything you want to this kind of spritz, but I amazingly hit on a winning combination just by desperately combining things I had in my stash. Credit goes out to carekate for turning me on to Lemon essential oil!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:08 am      Reply with quote
That sounds absolutely, deliciously lovely, avalange. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

You realize I'm going to have to try it as soon as I wake up. This insomnia is killing me. Laughing

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
avalange -- be careful about the rosehip. been there, done that and my hair loves it. but the rosehip then gets on your pillow and when your face smushs into the pillow.... i know you're not nearly as acne prone as i, but if you start breaking out -- you'll know the culprit. (BTW, this can also happen to areas around the hairline.)

i've gotten to the point where i will not use anything on my hair that i can't use on my face.

Ari -- you poor thing! you've got it bad, don't you?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like a wonderful tip indeed! Thank you for sharing.

Just out of interest, is the rosehip oil necessary. I want to avoid any possible causes of acne-inducing products.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I might try this. Should certainly smell gorgeous too.

I've been doing the CO washing for the last few weeks and thought it started off pretty well. Sadly, I've lately noticed that my formerly dry, dull, frizzy hair is now - drier, duller and frizzier. Looks like it ain't working for me. Crying or Very sad
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Sounds like a wonderful tip indeed! Thank you for sharing.

Just out of interest, is the rosehip oil necessary. I want to avoid any possible causes of acne-inducing products.

I use jojoba in my hair spritz - dont know if that's better for you?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill was just recommending jojoba plus sunflower oils in another thread for hair, so now I will have to add Lemon EO to the list of oils to get for my hair. hehe Thank you, Avalange, for sharing your secret. You're a doll. I hope all is well in Paris. Very Happy
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I might try this. Should certainly smell gorgeous too.

I've been doing the CO washing for the last few weeks and thought it started off pretty well. Sadly, I've lately noticed that my formerly dry, dull, frizzy hair is now - drier, duller and frizzier. Looks like it ain't working for me. Crying or Very sad

i know, isn't that so weird??? I'm noticing the same thing here re: dry hair--lots more tanglies on the second day, and not an oily dirty scalp in sight!

I'm going to try a different approach: I have this very basic jojoba conditioner that is not too heavy, and that is what I will use to wash my hair. Then i will rinse with acv, and then douse my hair with my new hair spritz--will keep you posted on results!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Never thought about it! Great idea, now I just need to get myself some Lemon EO...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I should try this method. My scalp is sodry Sad yet my hair itself gets greasy quickly Confused The day i find a solution to all my hair problems will be a miracle in my eyes Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great tip Avalange - I remember your pic from a previous thread and it is gorgeous Exclamation

I started the curly girl/co wash routine a couple of wks ago. It takes A LOT of experimentation of different conditioners, leave ins, etc. That said, my DH luvs my hair "natural" (aka really curly) and my hairdresser said yesterday my hair is in the best condition she's seen it in in 8 yrs.

I'm trying to go more natural in haircare and skincare - keep your fingers crossed for me Laughing
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that rose water can make a good conditioning hair spritz after washing and towel drying one's hair.

Avalange- your recipe sounds like it smells quite yummy. You've inspired me to try out something similar but I think I'll use jojoba oil instead of the rosehip.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I tried out avalange's recipe and used jojoba oil instead of rosehip. Didn't work so well. My hair was still super tangly and took forever to comb it out. There must've been too much jojoba oil in there as well b/c my hair was heavy and greasy looking.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Well, I tried out avalange's recipe and used jojoba oil instead of rosehip. Didn't work so well. My hair was still super tangly and took forever to comb it out. There must've been too much jojoba oil in there as well b/c my hair was heavy and greasy looking.

amnis, oh no! did you use too much? In my second batch, i put in about a half tspn skb and only about a half tspn rosehip. it does not leave my hair oily at all, and I normally apply it when it is still damp. i'm not forgoing conditioner altogether, though, or using this in place of it. are you?

--avalange

amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
amnis wrote:

amnis, oh no! did you use too much? In my second batch, i put in about a half tspn skb and only about a half tspn rosehip. it does not leave my hair oily at all, and I normally apply it when it is still damp. i'm not forgoing conditioner altogether, though, or using this in place of it. are you?

--avalange

Yes, I was stupidly trying to use it in place of conditioner (like a leave in detangler) but obviously it's not going to work for me to avoid conditioner. I think I used more jojoba oil than I thought thus yielding the overly oily results. I only had a little bit of rose hydrosol left in my spray bottle so I threw in the jojoba and aloe vera (I actually forgot the lemon EO b/c I was in such a hurry). Maybe I got too much aloe vera in there too. I'm not giving up... I will just have to be more careful w/ my measurements next time. Wink But now I'm out of rose hyd so I'll have to wait to try anything until I make my next order of goodies.

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
avalange wrote:
amnis wrote:

--avalange

Yes, I was stupidly trying to use it in place of conditioner (like a leave in detangler) but obviously it's not going to work for me to avoid conditioner. I think I used more jojoba oil than I thought thus yielding the overly oily results. I only had a little bit of rose hydrosol left in my spray bottle so I threw in the jojoba and aloe vera (I actually forgot the lemon EO b/c I was in such a hurry). Maybe I got too much aloe vera in there too. I'm not giving up... I will just have to be more careful w/ my measurements next time. Wink But now I'm out of rose hyd so I'll have to wait to try anything until I make my next order of goodies.

Hi amnis,

For the record, I started with a full 8 oz. bottle of rose hydrosol... And really only a scant teaspoon of rosehip. I'd imagine you could use a little more jojoba than that, but again, I would spray it lightly as a leave in, not in place of regular conditioner. I should alert you, though, to this simple, light jojoba conditioner I found, made in France, called "Ri-ci-ka baume jojoba." It's very nice, although I'm still having hair issues, since conditioner-washing only with it is not working for me... Sad Ah, well. I'm going to try it with my bioderma node fluid shampoo, which is sulfate free; I'll let you know if it is worth looking into.

The main reason it is nice is because it doesn't have all those other bad ingredients that many leave-ins have...

--avalange

amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
amnis wrote:
avalange wrote:
amnis wrote:

--avalange

Hi amnis,

For the record, I started with a full 8 oz. bottle of rose hydrosol... And really only a scant teaspoon of rosehip. I'd imagine you could use a little more jojoba than that, but again, I would spray it lightly as a leave in, not in place of regular conditioner. I should alert you, though, to this simple, light jojoba conditioner I found, made in France, called "Ri-ci-ka baume jojoba." It's very nice, although I'm still having hair issues, since conditioner-washing only with it is not working for me... Sad Ah, well. I'm going to try it with my bioderma node fluid shampoo, which is sulfate free; I'll let you know if it is worth looking into.

The main reason it is nice is because it doesn't have all those other bad ingredients that many leave-ins have...

--avalange

Co-washing didn't work for me either. Sad

Speaking of hair... wasn't it you who was interested in an in-shower water filter b/c the Parisian water was reeking havoc on your hair? How's that?.... Did you find one and is it working?

Quote:
I'm going to try it with my bioderma node fluid shampoo, which is sulfate free; I'll let you know if it is worth looking into.

Yes, please do. Wink

I googled Ri-ci-ka baume jojoba conditioner b/c it piqued my curiousity but came up with nothing.... must not be that well known or something. Oh well.

Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much
great info

avalange wrote:
Hi Everyone,

So, I've began the 'conditioner-only' style of hair washing, and the jury is still out. On the one hand, my scalp and hair seem to be just as clean as it was when I actually used shampoo, and my hair definitely more manageable. On the other, it feels a bit fluffy and light, and parts of it are beginning to tangle easily. Not sure what is up--perhaps another clarifying treatment is in order.

I came up with a little hair spritz that is very effective at adding a little texture and moisture to the hair, not to mention it smells AMAZING. I came up with it when I woke up with smoke-scented hair after a long night of Parisian partying.

I dumped some rosewater hydrosol into a spray bottle, added a couple of drops of lemon EO, a few squirts of pure aloe vera, and about a tablespoon of rosehip seed oil. This is amazing, weightless, and smells great--now I spritz my damp hair with it as well when I get out of the shower. Results: nicely separated, but not oily or coated, waves! And shiny too. I've also used it on dry hair with the same results. It sort of reminds me of the Bumble and Bumble product called 'surf spray,' but without the damaging sea salt element.

I assume you could really add anything you want to this kind of spritz, but I amazingly hit on a winning combination just by desperately combining things I had in my stash. Credit goes out to carekate for turning me on to Lemon essential oil!

--avalange
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
avalange - after seeing your hair (in a long ago thread) I'd try anything you said was good for hair!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
thank you very much for sharing, i have a long hair too.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |