Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perfect Complexion Serums - method of application?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I've just started using Perfect Complexion products, namely HA-Soy Lift, Retinol Peptide serum, Apeel Light and Amazing Day Cream. I'm very impressed with all these products but I do have a question re the application of some of them.

Julie recommends applying the Retinol Peptide by squirting the serum onto a dampened face cloth to use as a compress and hold on each area of the face for 4 or 5 minutes. Now here is my problem - I am way to lazy and time strapped to spend this much time applying a serum. I like to slap and go! The frugal side of me also worries about wasting so much product on a wash cloth. She also recommends to apply the HA-Soy Lift by pushing and twirling it onto the face with q-tips. I prefer to use my fingers with this too.

So how do all you other Perfect Complexion junkies apply your products. Do you do the right thing, or are you lazy like me? Opinions please.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

I think you're a little bit confused. The "twirling with q-tips" method refers to the application of Apeel and I don't think it as necessary with the Apeel Light. With the Apeel Correct, it serves to warm the area and it does enhance penetration, etc. You could achieve the same thing using your fingertips, but you'll end up using more product, the application won't be as precise, and you'll eventually erase your fingerprints. Laughing

As for the serums, you can apply those directly to your skin. The compress treatments are something she recommends as an additional method that gives you a bit more oompf, but not something that needs to be done on a daily basis. BTW, if done right, you don't waste serum - quite the opposite. It helps if you mist your face with Evian first. If you choose to apply the serums directly, do it sparingly. You don't need alot - i.e. you really don't need to "slap it on."

One thing that I've learned is that her "compress method" is a nice extra with with just about any protein serum. It's especially good with her's because they tend to be more concentrated.

I understand that you're pressed for time. I know that I certainly am. But, as with anything, you're results do depend on what you're willing to put into it. Good luck.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee,
Yes you're absolutely right, I was having a senior moment and mixed up the Apeels Rolling Eyes

In regard to the Retinol serum - what about if I apply a sparing amount all over my face, then cover with a warm wash cloth for 5 mins. Wouldn't this work as well? Thanks for your input.
Keliu Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Yep, in fact, that's the way I do my compresses and it works beautifully!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Yep, in fact, that's the way I do my compresses and it works beautifully!

Katee,
Can you compare Perfect Complexion Retinol Peptide serum to other retinol products you have tried before? E.g., Skinceutical and PSF,
Thanks first,
Wild Cat

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Never used it so I can't compare.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased some products from Julie, who is so generous and lovely, by the way! However, I'm still totally confused about her products after having read her product literature at least five times. I don't want to bother her because I know she gets barraged with emails all day long, but perhaps some of you could answer my questions:

1. retinol peptide serum--this is just to maintain the grade of the skin, like a light nightly retinol, but can be used in compress form for ... what kinds of results? see, she is detailed about application method but assumes we all know what these things are going to do to us.

2. apeel daily--i'm totally confused about the differences between the apeels, as well as what they do. i'm under the impression that in terms of strength, apeel correct>apeel daily>apeel light... If that is the case, then does one just use apeel daily and/or apeel light a couple of nights per week as a leave on serum (after the initial experimental period, of course) and skin will flake lightly? or must one actually follow the "peeling" procedure with all three? so far i put n a light layer the first night, and then the second night did her qtip twirling method, which was kind of strange, left it on for three minutes, wiped with a rosewater hydrosol on a cotton pad. today, only used a bit of sunscreen, no cleanser. but i am confused, because i do not think i am going to peel. i will wait three days, using minimal products, and see what happens.

3. what constitutes a protein treatment outside of julie's list of protein treatments?

4. tca latte: if i apply this a couple of nights in a row w/o rinsing off, will i induce a light peel?

i'm excited, but i do not want to overdo it, i just want to flake lightly and gently and not have any irritation. i'm assuming that if i do not peel in another couple days, i'll proceed with the tca latte. but then again, not sure what exactly the apeel accomplishes then...

obviously if anyone has any insights into any of the above qs, i would certainly appreciate it.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Avalange,
I'm with you, I also love Julie's products but am equally as confused. The instructions are fairly comprehensive, but really don't tell you that much! I don't understand the benefits of applying the Retinol Peptide Serum (or any other product for that matter) with a compress. I'm just applying it with my fingers at the moment.

I tried the sample of Apeel Light/Night that Julie sent me and was pretty impressed. My skin flaked off after a few days. I usually use LA or TCA but I found that I had a similar result from using the Apeel Light - I was amazed because its so easy to use and doesn't sting at all. I couldn't imagine using this product on a regular basis, you'd have no skin left! I'd really like to know what's in this - for a "light" peel it worked very well and I think my skin is pretty tough.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi Avalange,
I'm with you, I also love Julie's products but am equally as confused. The instructions are fairly comprehensive, but really don't tell you that much! I don't understand the benefits of applying the Retinol Peptide Serum (or any other product for that matter) with a compress. I'm just applying it with my fingers at the moment.

I tried the sample of Apeel Light/Night that Julie sent me and was pretty impressed. My skin flaked off after a few days. I usually use LA or TCA but I found that I had a similar result from using the Apeel Light - I was amazed because its so easy to use and doesn't sting at all. I couldn't imagine using this product on a regular basis, you'd have no skin left! I'd really like to know what's in this - for a "light" peel it worked very well and I think my skin is pretty tough.

Hello Keliu,

Will if I am indeed using the stronger stuff, I'll be able to keep you posted! So far it does not seem like I am going to peel, but who knows? Smile

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Is the apeel Light/Night a leave on product? I get the impression that you're supposed to leave it on all night-as opposed to the other peels...but I've never been able to get a clear answer...hence the unused sample. Confused
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm not registered at the Skininteractive board - but, if you are, maybe you could ask for guidance there? I remember that there are members there who use PC products.

Very interesting products and company --- I'm curious to hear for feedback from ya'll (I know Skalawagirl is happy with PC peels). A few months ago I sent an email to Julie asking for product recommendations. She sent me a very nice email back that talked just about everything BUT product recommendations Laughing .

I took it as a sign to hold off buying anything since I have more than enough skin stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I and waiting for my TCA Complex, Apeel Correct and HA-Soy Lift to arrive in the mail. From my understanding, Apeel night is a leave-on peel product, very gentle supposedly.

I emailed Julie regarding using other products and she told me that I have to stop using everything else when I am using her products...I think she said similar things on her website...but really? Everyone really stopped using everything else? No cleanser? No toner/hydrosol? No moisturizer or oil? no eye cream?
I don't know how compliant I can be with her rules... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Is the apeel Light/Night a leave on product? I get the impression that you're supposed to leave it on all night-as opposed to the other peels...but I've never been able to get a clear answer...hence the unused sample. Confused

Yes, it's a leave on product. It doesn't sting at all so it's a good introduction to facial peels.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
marina wrote:

Yes, it's a leave on product. It doesn't sting at all so it's a good introduction to facial peels.

Thanks..I love a straight answer..
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using Julies Products - Latte, TCA Complex and Soy Lift. Julie really needs to rewrite her instructions. It's ridiculous trying to figure out how to use them. If she had clear, concise instructions, she'd be bothered less with emails. I'm frustrated, because I'm really excited about the products, but I'm not happy that I have to play trial and error with my face.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |