Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
REVIEW: Super Viper 4% Complex 5 ml size Botox Alt
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I bought the sample size of Super Viper 4% complex which came in a 5 ml size for $12.95. I finished up the bottle in approx 2 weeks.

This is the description I took directly from skincarecentral.

Quote:
Economical and Safe Alternative to Botox Injections
Other companies are selling this exciting new peptide for more than $200 an ounce! Our Super Viper 4% Complex contains the same effective percentage of active ingredient at a truly affordable price.
Introduction
Mimic wrinkles are part of the visible face wrinkles. As time passes, these wrinkles persist permanently and become deeper and deeper: frown lines, laugh lines and crow’s feet appear more and more due to the repeated movements of facial muscles.

Super Viper 4% Complex (commonly known as "viper venom") has been developed as an efficient smoothing and anti-wrinkle care, particularly effective against expression lines by relaxing facial muscles. This active tripeptide acts in a manner similar to Waglerin-1, a neuromuscular blocking compound of the venom of the Temple Viper snake. "Viper Venom" is a synthetic tripeptide derivative that was developed based on the combined knowledge in snake venom research and peptide synthesis.

Acting at the post-synaptic membrane, this peptide is a reversible antagonist of the muscular nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (mnAChR). Researchers believe that the tripeptide is binding to the epsilon subunit of the mnAChR which prevents binding of acetylcholine to the receptor – consequently it remains closed. In the closed state, there is no uptake of sodium ions (Na+), so that no depolarisation takes place, and the muscles stay relaxed.

Safety and ecology
As the peptide has an effect on neurons, it has been extensively tested for safety aspects. Standard and well-defined safety testing has been performed on the active tripeptide ingredient, which has proved the product to be safe for cosmetic use. The data available does not indicate any environmental risks. The manufacturing process is designed to meet the criteria for the assessment of safety, health and protection of people and of the environment set out in the Responsible Care Program.

Skincare Central is proud to offer this latest product. Our own testing has showed results in as little as four days, especially on the brow area, but optimal results can take up to 30 days.

$69.95 full-size 1/2 oz. (remember you get 20% off at checkout!)

My take on this:
I think the bottle was extremely adorable in the 5 ml size. But the Super Viper 4% Complex did not work for me. I was hoping to diminish my perpetual frowns, and I don't think I've seen any changes in that department. I did not feel any sensation after the application. There was no feeling like I could not smile, etc. I basically was able to move all my facial muscles just like before, and all my creases and expression lines are still there when I smile.

I did have one user error. One time I grabbed the Super Viper thinking it was the Wild Berry with Kojic Acid serum, and I was applying it all over my face. After I put it down, then I realized I got the wrong serum. lol But other than that, I pretty much used it every morning and night until it was gone. There were some days I forgot to apply in the morning because I was in a hurry to go out the door. I might have missed one or two night applications. I was trying very very hard to use it daily, but I think I did miss a couple of times.

The way I applied it was to rub it on just the muscles over the brow area and along the cheekbones as well as the nasolabial lines. I didn't have to put a lot on. It seems little went a long way. That's why one little bottle lasted about 2 weeks or so.

Conclusion
Since the sample didn't work for me, I won't buy the full size one. I wonder if anyone else used this and it worked for them? I am thinking to try the PSF Browtox but am afraid of the agireline factor.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't work for me either.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I didn't work for me either.

Nor for me
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I used this faithfully twice a day for 28 days. I made sure to massage into the muscles above my eyebrows, not just the 11's. I saw little improvement in the 11s, but developed a twitch in one eye, LOL! So, I do think it was having some effect, but not a miracle for me. Then I developed dermatitis, and stopped use of all products, so could not continue my experiment.

Recently, I decided to use up the little I had left in my sample...this time, on my crow's feet. I massaged into the crow's feet, as well as top of my cheeks. Overnight, my crow's feet had smoothed out a bit...not completely gone, but much lighter!

I think my 11s are too deep, and perhaps I should consider botox. I think this product might be a nice followup to the botox, though. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
I used this faithfully twice a day for 28 days. I made sure to massage into the muscles above my eyebrows, not just the 11's. I saw little improvement in the 11s, but developed a twitch in one eye, LOL! So, I do think it was having some effect, but not a miracle for me. Then I developed dermatitis, and stopped use of all products, so could not continue my experiment.

Recently, I decided to use up the little I had left in my sample...this time, on my crow's feet. I massaged into the crow's feet, as well as top of my cheeks. Overnight, my crow's feet had smoothed out a bit...not completely gone, but much lighter!

I think my 11s are too deep, and perhaps I should consider botox. I think this product might be a nice followup to the botox, though. Confused

Hey, Nadjazz, glad this might be working for you. It seems that for the 11 lines to go away you need something to plump it out, right? Have you tried exfoliating your skin with AHA/BHA and then use Copper Peptides? Have you tried any product that contains Matrixyl 3000 in it? Also sounds like you need extra moisture in that area.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,bkkgirl -
Yes, I think you are right about needing to plump up. And then my dermatitis problem starting in the middle of my experiment! Anyways, that's all cleared up now.

But, my skin tends to be dry nowadays, and I use Exfol and CP serum most nights, followed by Emu/cranberry oil. About once a week I use PSF pumpkin enzyme peel.

CP serum usually makes me "glowy", but not lately...do you think it might help to step up to Super CP? I'm almost out of regular CP, so was planning to try Super CP on my next order of Skin Bio products.

I'm not familiar with any Matrixyl3000 products. Do you have any recs for me?

TIA! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hi,bkkgirl -
Yes, I think you are right about needing to plump up. And then my dermatitis problem starting in the middle of my experiment! Anyways, that's all cleared up now.

But, my skin tends to be dry nowadays, and I use Exfol and CP serum most nights, followed by Emu/cranberry oil. About once a week I use PSF pumpkin enzyme peel.

CP serum usually makes me "glowy", but not lately...do you think it might help to step up to Super CP? I'm almost out of regular CP, so was planning to try Super CP on my next order of Skin Bio products.

I'm not familiar with any Matrixyl3000 products. Do you have any recs for me?

TIA! Very Happy

I think you should be able to step up to the Super CP serum without a problem. It's my first one to try actually, and at first I was cautious diluting it but after its doing nothing for me, I tried not diluting it, and I started to see my skin looking better in the morning. I could see some plumping effect. Since I started using IFP's AHA/BHA to exfoliate, I am seeing an even better result. I usually save this for the PM routine, so I can just get home, wash my face, apply the AHA/BHA and wait at least 30 mins. Then before bed, I apply the super PC serum followed by the DHC extra nighttime moisture. I'm about to run out of the sample and so I'll probably use the various oil I bought (emu, camellia, argan, macadamia) until I finish them up before considering the next nighttime moisturizer to buy.

Kim at IFP is developing a new product with Matrixyl in it. I was fortunate enough to be chosen as one of her testers. I will be able to tell you more what results I get after I finish the 30-day test period. I'm really excited about this. She also sells a product called Line Eraser which has Matrixyl 3000 in it. You might want to check it out. I like Kim's products. She is also a very responsive vendor.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I will have to check out IFP...I have been resisting so far, LOL! I'm looking forward to your test results on the new product!

Thank you for the recs! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hmmm, I will have to check out IFP...I have been resisting so far, LOL! I'm looking forward to your test results on the new product!

Thank you for the recs! Very Happy

Do you use any toner? I was resisting the use for some time, but now I started to use the BBS Pore Refining Toner, and I'm seeing my pores getting smaller. I don't really have large pores to begin with, but I would rather not have any pores like I used to have in my 20s. Very Happy I'm sure that's not possible, but this toner seems to help me get these pores pretty small.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, I just went to BBS, and that toner does look lovely! I have large pores on my nose, this might help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Ooh, I just went to BBS, and that toner does look lovely! I have large pores on my nose, this might help!

You should try their samples. The toner comes in a very generous size, and you can choose 5 free samples for the shipping cost of $5. Can't beat that. I like their dead sea scrub, too.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I just today got my 3% Viper Venom from GoW, applied it hastily over my moisturizer and SS and STILL got a noticeable smoothing out of the crow'sfeet. Will have to give it more trials but so far for one application, I like it!
$17.50 + S&H for 5ml sample size.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 1:52 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I just today got my 3% Viper Venom from GoW, applied it hastily over my moisturizer and SS and STILL got a noticeable smoothing out of the crow'sfeet. Will have to give it more trials but so far for one application, I like it!

Shouldn't you apply the Viper Venom before your moisturizer? I was told to apply the Super Viper right after I cleanse my face pretty much before you put too many things on it, so that the Super Viper can be absorbed and it will be more effective.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I tried the viper version from the company that first came out with it (not invented, just got to market first) and it did nothing, I think its one of those products that you either see magic results from or nothing. There seems to be no inbetween with it. Again for me I saw nothing!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
fawnie wrote:

Shouldn't you apply the Viper Venom before your moisturizer? I was told to apply the Super Viper right after I cleanse my face pretty much before you put too many things on it, so that the Super Viper can be absorbed and it will be more effective.

Wow, fawnie, I'm jealous and amazed that you got results putting this OVER the moisturizer and sunscreen! I always put my Viper venom on clean face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
bkk and nadjazz,
I know I know! I should have removed my face B4 putting this on, but I was ready to go out just as my mail arrived and wanted to see what this stuff was all about so.... I just smooshed it on over my moisture and SS and out the door! I was really amazed that I got that "numb" feeling and smoothing of lines around eyes this way - but I did! I know from that numb feeling, I'm a former Botox junkie, but had to keep getting a "fix" every 4-6 wks, and that's when I gave it up and went looking for something as an alternative. I figured I was getting "immune" to it, if that's possible.
This just really shows some promise for me! and way cheaper than Botox too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lucky you, fawnie! I never got the numbing effect. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for the question, but what is BBS ? How do you compare this Pore refining product with other brands ?

Thanks in Advance
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Araia -
Try this link:

http://www.bestbathstore.com/

I have not ordered from here before, so hopefully bkkgirl can give you some comparison info.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
araia wrote:
Sorry for the question, but what is BBS ? How do you compare this Pore refining product with other brands ?

Thanks in Advance

I think BBS offers some really superb quality products at reasonable prices. Best of all, they offer you 5 free samples for the cost of $5 shipping only.

Their pore refining toner works great. My pores (not large to begin with) are closing up nicely. I can't tell you how it compares to other toners as I never used any other toner before.

I use the gentle cleanser from IFP and the extremely gentle cleanser from Skincarecentral alternately before I apply the toner.

If you're going to try the toner at BBS, be sure to try their intensive undereye treatment. It's rich and so great for the undereye area. It really helps with my dryness and dehydrated problem in the undereye area.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
bkk and nadjazz,
I know I know! I should have removed my face B4 putting this on, but I was ready to go out just as my mail arrived and wanted to see what this stuff was all about so.... I just smooshed it on over my moisture and SS and out the door! I was really amazed that I got that "numb" feeling and smoothing of lines around eyes this way - but I did! I know from that numb feeling, I'm a former Botox junkie, but had to keep getting a "fix" every 4-6 wks, and that's when I gave it up and went looking for something as an alternative. I figured I was getting "immune" to it, if that's possible.
This just really shows some promise for me! and way cheaper than Botox too.

Fawnie, I read that you're not supposed to put something over sunscreen. Don't recall why. Maybe something to do with trapping the chemicals in the sunscreen on your skin. Anyway, glad it worked for you. Keep using it and report your results back. I think you're the first one to report that it works, and on your first try at that. I wish it worked for me.
araia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information Nadjazz and Bkkgirl. It was a big help and I agree BBS have really very reasonable prices.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
araia wrote:
Thank you for the information Nadjazz and Bkkgirl. It was a big help and I agree BBS have really very reasonable prices.

You're welcome! Hope you liked the products if you tried some of them.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Day 3 and still lovin it. The VV I got was from Garden of Wisdom, don't know if that makes any difference, but I sure think it's helping smooth out those cross-hatch marks at the bottom corners of my eyes. Also her BLT serum is working wonders, slowwwly! fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 4:00 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Day 3 and still lovin it. The VV I got was from Garden of Wisdom, don't know if that makes any difference, but I sure think it's helping smooth out those cross-hatch marks at the bottom corners of my eyes. Also her BLT serum is working wonders, slowwwly! fawnie

What is the BLT serum doing? This is a serum I've been looking at. Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |