Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
what kind of suncreen would you like to use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody! As it gets warmer and warmer, most of us are considering suncreens. I used three products last summer: clinique cityblock spf 25, neutrogena spf 15 and Kanebo allie spf 50. Kanebo allie is my favorite, because it effectively blocks the sun and also not greasy at all. Now I have to get some new suncreen, and it is difficult to buy kanebo again in US. I really want to know what you would like to choose.

Thanks!
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh, by the way La Roche Posay is said to be good, but I do not know which one is suitable to combination-oily skin. They all look the same except with different spf.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use shishedo and feel good!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I had bad reaction to La Roche Posay. I use mostly physical sunblocks for they contain no chemicals that my skin react to.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to use one that hasn't been invented yet. I've got a drawer full of rave and non-rave SS and hate the lot of them. Laughing
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I want one that is light,silky,wont make skin greasy or dry. High PPD that mineral makeup can be worn over without stability problems. Am i dreaming?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Carol, I'm forgetting; there's one left to try. An Avene one which Poco recommends; high PPD, not oily and can use MMU. I'm thinking it might be a little drying though. I'll look up the ingredients. Just think it could be my HG Smile Yeah, sure............
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly let us know Smile Is it the cream/gel by any chance? Someone recommended it to me once but could i get my hands on it Confused Tubotica didnt have it but a couple of online stores did ,but the shipping was some ridiculous price so i didnt order it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:21 am      Reply with quote
that's the one - worth a shot I reckon considering all else has failed me. I want to check out the ingredients first though. These mattifying SS are hard to handle.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I can't find a full ingredients list anywhere, but I've ordered it from this French site which is very reasonable. A tenner (£10) including postage. So, here's to turning my last stone. I'm ever optimistic Very Happy

http://www.monguidesante.com/emulsion-haute-protection-avene-t50ml-prID=2963.html
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Molly sent you a PM but i see you've found it Smile Let us know what you think of it. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
so, Molly, you're getting the 20 and not the 50? i have the same gel/creme, but mine is the 50 (ultra high protection). unfortunately, i have way too many sunscreens and chucked the box so i can't give you ingredients. i'm wondering the difference in consistency between the 20 and the 50 (though, sigh, i think i do need the 50), etc. i'm not madly in love with it, but it is the one i reach for on most days (unless it's pissing down). now i'm just curious why the 20 is supposedly better....

ETA: is this not the same? http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_details_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1062272&classificationid=1037339
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:39 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
I want one that is light,silky,wont make skin greasy or dry. High PPD that mineral makeup can be worn over without stability problems. Am i dreaming?

Carol, this is exactly what I'm searching for as well!

I have lots of trouble finding a sunscreen that fits me; almost all of which I've tried are balling up and rolling off, making my makeup application very difficult to get smooth and even, and it doesn't look very pretty... Crying or Very sad I tend to skip sunscreen because of this, which obviously isn't a very good idea! Any suggestions?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 am      Reply with quote
B******** Lavie - I never managed to find it in Boots before and I've certainly never seen the 50 gel/cream anywhere online or off. Are you sure it exists?. What does yours call itself exactly?

Most days I use the Avene 20 cream unless it's really sunny because it goes on a bit easier and I'm really not exposed much at all. Besides I'm off the retinoids and acids so I reckon my skin's more protective. I've always used the creamy ones; sprays and gloops.

Well yes, that's the one I've ordered, but even with postage buying from France comes to about the same price.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
B******** Lavie - I never managed to find it in Boots before and I've certainly never seen the 50 gel/cream anywhere online or off. Are you sure it exists?. What does yours call itself exactly?

from your site: http://www.monguidesante.com/emulsion-avene-t50ml-prID=2980.html
Eau Thermale Avene Emulsion
Ultra haute protection
50+ SPF (i believe the PPD is something like 20)

Avene calls their gel/creams "emulsion" which just really means it's a lighter cream.... water resistant, hypoallergenique, non comedogene. and makeup can be safely worn over this.

ETA: US and Canadian customers can get it at: http://www.getcanadiandrugs.com/view_product.php?ProductID=2615

check out: http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreens/ and then the Avene link (though i'm not positive if the ingredients are up to date or no).
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
me again. tubotica has it, including ingredients: http://www.tubotica.com/ (results 81-90, under Avene)

for the 20:
Avène Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Butylparaben, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil (Curcubita Pepo), Decyl Glucoside, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Fragance (Parfum), Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, o-Cymen-5-OL, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum

for the 50:
Avène Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Cyclomethicone, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Water (Aqua), Glyceryl Stearate, C-12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil (Curcubita Pepo), Decyl Glucoside, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Fragance (Parfum), Isobutylparaben, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Methylparaben, o-Cymen-5-OL, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Glucoside, Tribehenin, Trithoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Zinc Oxide
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lavie

You're a wealth of information over there on the Avene. Funny, but Poco only recommended the SPF 20 gel (no mention of the 50 at all) so either the texture is more tolerable or she doesn't realise the other one exists.

Looks like another horrid mix of silicones, but we'll see Rolling Eyes at least the PPD is higher than Sofina.

Now I want to try the cream/gel 50 too, of course Laughing
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
hi helenzwl!
What product of ShiSheido do you use? Annessa? I am not sure about the spelling

helenzwl wrote:
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
My mom and I use epicuren zinc oxide sunblock (the same one that's popular on MUA). I really like it because it's a purely physical sunblock (zinc oxide is the only active ingredient) - I don't really like the idea of chemical sunblocks - it doesn't break me out, and it's easy to apply and doesn't make me look like a ghost!
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have severe breakout last summer, so I just hope the sunscreen to be nongreasy and will not induce acne.

[Carol, this is exactly what I'm searching for as well!

I have lots of trouble finding a sunscreen that fits me; almost all of which I've tried are balling up and rolling off, making my makeup application very difficult to get smooth and even, and it doesn't look very pretty... Crying or Very sad I tend to skip sunscreen because of this, which obviously isn't a very good idea! Any suggestions?[/quote]
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
hi helenzwl!
What product of ShiSheido do you use? Annessa? I am not sure about the spelling

helenzwl wrote:

Not Annessa, I forget what's exact name, but just one line sungreen of shishedo were selled in usa.
You can get it in some mall or in sephora.
you can search in sephora website.
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use shishedo as well . It's good !!!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
I have severe breakout last summer, so I just hope the sunscreen to be nongreasy and will not induce acne.

[Carol, this is exactly what I'm searching for as well!

I have lots of trouble finding a sunscreen that fits me; almost all of which I've tried are balling up and rolling off, making my makeup application very difficult to get smooth and even, and it doesn't look very pretty... Crying or Very sad I tend to skip sunscreen because of this, which obviously isn't a very good idea! Any suggestions?
[/quote]

blaziamm dont skip the sunscreen! Its strange so many are balling up - are you using one's with silicone? that could be the problem. I have sunsense daily face and that balls up on me, but its the only one ive come across that does.

Shiseido ultimate sunscreen would be good for oilies as its very matt. I didnt like it,made my skin really dry. Its high in zinc, i know some people find physical sunscreens clog their pores though. My skin seems to have gone from greasy to dry the past year.

I know,its very hard to find the perfect sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
so, Molly, you're getting the 20 and not the 50? i have the same gel/creme, but mine is the 50 (ultra high protection). unfortunately, i have way too many sunscreens and chucked the box so i can't give you ingredients. i'm wondering the difference in consistency between the 20 and the 50 (though, sigh, i think i do need the 50), etc. i'm not madly in love with it, but it is the one i reach for on most days (unless it's pissing down). now i'm just curious why the 20 is supposedly better....

ETA: is this not the same? http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_detail
s_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1062272&classifc
ationid=1037339

Im getting confused...so the gel/creme is actually the emulsion?

When i was searching for it, im sure i saw it with gel/cream labelled on the bottle.'scratches head'

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was confused but I think I'm getting it now.

I think 'emulsion' is another term for the 'gel/cream' (maybe they use that in the French just to confuse us further Confused) and it does have a distinct green label setting it apart from the lait, lotion and sprays.

I hadn't realised there was a whole new category to try so its good news really.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |