Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Roux 'Tween Time Haircolor Touchup Stick - RAVE!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I color my hair a shade that is very close to my natural color, so I don't really get "roots." However, I do have a smattering of grey hairs that seem to pop up between hair appointments when it's just a little too early to go back for an overall color. But I still don't want to look at the little suckers in the meantime!

So, I stumbled across this product at my local Sally beauty supply, and I cannot say enough good things about it! Not only is it cheap (I paid about $7.00 USD), it really works! There are several shades to choose from - http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=relvon%2Broux&tag=540-20&index=hpc&link_code=qs&page=1 - and fortunately for me, the Dark Brown is pretty much an exact match to my hair color!

And it's super easy to use! Just wet the end of the stick with water (it's basically like an oversized crayon) and dab it on the roots or greys you want to cover. Then just brush through your hair a bit, and voila! The stuff stays on 'til your next shampoo! I've used the stick numerous times over the months I've had it, and have barely made a dent in it. So, it's also long lasting!

Anyway...just thought I'd share!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have a red one and LOVE it.

It works excellently to cover up my completely grey roots between coloring. Smile My hair grows very fast, and I have visible distinctive all grey roots at two weeks. This completely covers them. And leaves a faint lavender scent to hair as well.

Washes out easily without buildup.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
That's great, Tangal! Don't you love it when you find something effective AND inexpensive?? And you're right...no buildup at all with this product!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
most definately! This is one great beauty find in my book also. Smile
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Mary! You made my day. I didn't know there was such a product.
I have to say, this is the biggest problem I have with my hair. Those pesky grey hairs between colouring. I recently tried Ardell's Grey Magic, but it just didn't cover the grey.

I just ordered some and can't wait to try it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this for years and absolutely couldn't do with it now. My hair starting to go white at 17 and so my roots look terrible when they show. Blonde is the colour I use, and my current stick of it has lasted for over 2 years!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Thank you so much Mary! You made my day. I didn't know there was such a product.
I have to say, this is the biggest problem I have with my hair. Those pesky grey hairs between colouring. I recently tried Ardell's Grey Magic, but it just didn't cover the grey.

I just ordered some and can't wait to try it.

Hi Debster!

You're so welcome! I didn't know this stuff existed either 'til I saw it at Sally Beauty, but holy cow...I will never go without it! Please post again and let us know how it works out for you!

And majorb...I believe you when you say the crayon has lasted over two years. I cannot seem to wear mine down, either!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have definetely got to get this stuff. Thanks for the tip. Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
I have definetely got to get this stuff. Thanks for the tip. Very Happy

Any time! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi MajorB,

Where did you buy your Roux Crayon - was it in the U.K.?

TIA
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
The current Sallys Flyer has a $1 off coupon for this product.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/specials.asp?page=4

They also have some UK locations.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/mapquest/locator.asp
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
yes, I have one and like it, another trick(and cheaper) is to spray a Qtip with hairspray ,dab on area to cover and take a small shadow brush with shadow the appropriate color of your dyed hair color and brush it over the hairsprayed area.,that covers well also.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Hi MajorB,

Where did you buy your Roux Crayon - was it in the U.K.?

TIA

I couldn't see any Roux Tween Times in the Newcastle-upon-Tyne branch of Sally Beauty, so I think they may not stock it over here.

It's been a while since I ordered it, so this may be out-of-date, but try ringing John Bell & Croydon (a chemists in London) on 0207 9355555 (Ext 627).

If that doesn't work, the distribution company was, at the time, a company called Colomer, and their contact number was 0208 3995624.

Let me know if you have no joy with those. I'm sure there's an Aussie or Kiwi on-line pharmacy that also stocks it and ships internationally, so I'll try and look it up for you if the other options don't work.
rhensel
5% products discount

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Does this make the hair sticky or stiff where it is applied? Also does it rub off on pillows, etc?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I only apply to hair roots. But I have applied it liberally to as much as 1 to 1.5 inches of root growth. It coats hair a bit, much like a mousse would. But does not really make hair stiff or sticky, but does mattify it a bit.

Easy to comb through though, and hair still "moves" I have never noticed rub off on pillows, (though OI only apply to roots around part line)and it holds up through water only showering for a few days. But removes with shampoo.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello majorb,
Many thanks for your kind offer to help me get a Roux Crayon.
I was clicking around and discovered that a hairdresser in the West End sells the Crayons over the counter. So as I was shopping in town this afternoon, I was able to buy one.
It cost me just over £12 - but it is £2 cheaper if you are a member.
Thanks once again.
Holmes.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Hello majorb,
Many thanks for your kind offer to help me get a Roux Crayon.
I was clicking around and discovered that a hairdresser in the West End sells the Crayons over the counter. So as I was shopping in town this afternoon, I was able to buy one.
It cost me just over £12 - but it is £2 cheaper if you are a member.
Thanks once again.
Holmes.

I'm really glad you managed to find one. Hope you like it as much as I do! Very Happy

BTW Please could you let me know which shop, as I might pop in there next time I'm in London? Ta ever so much.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello majorb,

The hairdresser is Martyn Maxey, 18 Grosvenor Street, London, W.1.

But they also do mail order, and if you join their club you can get discounts.

You can get them on:-www.martynmaxey.co.uk.

Best wishes.
galtx
5% products discount

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Based on the positive reviews, I bought and have just used the Tween Time. I got the same results as some of you mentioned above, and like it better than the root touchup kits -- more cost effective, too. Thank you, Ladies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm about 80% gray. I get salon color every 6 weeks, but, as someone else said, my gray roots become a problem at about 2 weeks. I used to use the Roux coverup stick. It's a pretty good product.

About a year ago, I switched to ColorMark, and I like it way better. For me, it's much easier to apply, and I can get better coverage on every single root, right down to the scalp. It leaves no feeling of residue on my roots, looks perfectly natural, and stays entirely put between washings and while using styling products. Not saying the Roux isn't good, it is. But, for me, the ColorMark is much better. Here's a link: http://www.colormarkpro.com/reviews.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Hello majorb,

The hairdresser is Martyn Maxey, 18 Grosvenor Street, London, W.1.

But they also do mail order, and if you join their club you can get discounts.

You can get them on:-www.martynmaxey.co.uk.

Best wishes.

Fabulous! Thank you! Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
lonevoice wrote:
I'm about 80% gray. I get salon color every 6 weeks, but, as someone else said, my gray roots become a problem at about 2 weeks. I used to use the Roux coverup stick. It's a pretty good product.

About a year ago, I switched to ColorMark, and I like it way better. For me, it's much easier to apply, and I can get better coverage on every single root, right down to the scalp. It leaves no feeling of residue on my roots, looks perfectly natural, and stays entirely put between washings and while using styling products. Not saying the Roux isn't good, it is. But, for me, the ColorMark is much better. Here's a link: http://www.colormarkpro.com/reviews.php

I did try a similar product, but the supposedly temporary colour wouldn't wash out and it ended up leaving bands of colour in my hair that my hairdresser had to dye out.

This sounds really good, but does it definitely wash out as easily as the blurb states? If so, I'd definitely like to give it a go.

Thanks!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I gotta say that this is a total shocker!!! I've seen the stuff in Sally's and just always assumed it wasn't worth trying!!!

My hair grows INCREDIBLY fast and there are just a few areas where I can see grey. I color and highlight my hair to my natural color and occasionally will use a toner as well, but I don't want to do it any more often than I am doing it currently. This could be something of a solution. Definitely worth a try. Great big thank you Mary H. Wink
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I gotta say that this is a total shocker!!! I've seen the stuff in Sally's and just always assumed it wasn't worth trying!!!

My hair grows INCREDIBLY fast and there are just a few areas where I can see grey. I color and highlight my hair to my natural color and occasionally will use a toner as well, but I don't want to do it any more often than I am doing it currently. This could be something of a solution. Definitely worth a try. Great big thank you Mary H. Wink

You're very welcome, Katee! I was definitely surprised to find something so cheap that worked so well...hope you have the same good luck with it that I did!

Mary Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
lonevoice wrote:

I did try a similar product, but the supposedly temporary colour wouldn't wash out and it ended up leaving bands of colour in my hair that my hairdresser had to dye out.

This sounds really good, but does it definitely wash out as easily as the blurb states? If so, I'd definitely like to give it a go.

Thanks!

majorb, I've been using it for a little over a year now, and I haven't had any problem with it not washing out of my hair. My colorist hasn't observed any problems with it, and he's very fastidious. If you give it a try, I hope you like it. It works rally well for me.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |