Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can I please ask for help for my Mum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I rang my Mum yesterday. We were talkinhg about the new skincare craze that is sweeping the UK (the Boots one). She is wanting to get it and I told her to wait until I'd talked to my personal skincare advisors - this is where you guys come in.
Very Happy

She is nearly 70 and has the usual wrinkles which she doesn't mind but she is getting unhappy about her "sagging cheeks".

She has had a lot of stress in her life which contributed to her hair thinning. That's on the way to be sorted now thanks to Carrie's Rosemary Scalp Balm and SAS stuff.

She has very sensitive skin - she has psoriasis and roseacea which doens't make it easy.

Can anyone please help me to help my lovely Mum.
Very Happy
Emma x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Emma, here's a thread about it. Have a read and see what you think.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22299H
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I rang my Mum yesterday. We were talkinhg about the new skincare craze that is sweeping the UK (the Boots one). She is wanting to get it and I told her to wait until I'd talked to my personal skincare advisors - this is where you guys come in.
Very Happy

She is nearly 70 and has the usual wrinkles which she doesn't mind but she is getting unhappy about her "sagging cheeks".

She has had a lot of stress in her life which contributed to her hair thinning. That's on the way to be sorted now thanks to Carrie's Rosemary Scalp Balm and SAS stuff.

She has very sensitive skin - she has psoriasis and roseacea which doens't make it easy.

Very Happy
Emma x

Has she considered something like 'Facercise'?

http://www.facercise.com/

I've got the DVD set and got it because I have some droop on one side of my face and have found the Facercise does improve it. I think your mum might benefit from this type of approach instead of possibly irritating her skin with actives that may exacerbate her rosacea and psoriasis.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both Very Happy
She can't use retinol derived products as they irritate her skin.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
Very Happy

Very Happy
Emma x

Maybe DMAE, Emma, but it might irritate her skin too. Perhaps get hold of a sample first to see?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
My mom got a face lift to correct this particular concern. Sometimes there's no skincare routine that can be effective after a certain point and one has go for the surgery, but then after that, one can take care of the skin well, so you don't have to go back again, at least for a very long time.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Your Mom might like AlphaDermaCE. I am 62 and been using it for three years. It has made a big difference in the elasticity of my skin. I would suggest, if interested, try the five day sample pack. EDS does carry all Janson Beckett products or you could go to their website. The top two products for your mom would be Mineral Prep and AlphaDermaCE. Both products are rather gentle on the skin. If you are concerned about the use with psoriasis and roseacea I would call the company first.
www.jansonbeckett.com
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
If you were thinking of Janson Beckett you can buy samples from a UK site now
http://www.skinstore.co.uk/m-77-janson-beckett.aspx
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I might be wrong, but AlphaDermaCE might have a chemical sunscreen it. Not always good for sensitive skin. Does anyone know?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much everyone.
Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |