Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to fix my ugly little toenail?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm being more of a girl these days. My feet were something I never cared about but it is starting to be something I'm more concious of.

All my nails are fine EXCEPT both my little toenails. They are discolored, split, and one is almost disappearing. I just tried to cut the cuticle on my toenail thinking it will help change the shape but I don't know anything else to do. Do I have hope? I can't think of anything else other than put oil on them.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream is useful for dry nail.
but you little nails seem infected by bacillus, maybe you should go to see a doctor for advice.
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
It probably would be a good idea to make sure you don't have some sort of bacteria or nail fungus. As long as that is not the issue I would suggest a really good foot cream that contains BHA/AHAs. I had some cosmetic issues w/ my toenails from too many pedicures, and to my great surprise rubbing lotion into them everyday really seemed to help. Or you could try one of those hand lotions that are suppose to also help your nail strength. I believe Vaseline makes a cheap one, I'm sure there are many others on the market.

Incidentally, if you do suspect toenail fungus, try coating them w/ Vick's Salve. It may take several weeks but it does work and is much cheaper than other remedies.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Along time ago someone suggested a toenail cure for dh that seemed to work. Just soaking the nails in a vinegar bath every evening. We also use teatree oil.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I had this problem, and tea tree oil got rid of it. I just applied a couple drops of diluted tea tree oil - about 50-50 w/ jojoba - directly to the toe nail every night until it cleared up.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:35 am      Reply with quote
sharky ~ the vinegar that you use is it just any form of vinegar? how about if the toe nails turn yellowish due to long period of wearing nailpolish?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I have same problem, so thanks for bring it up... can I use tea tree oil directly on the nail (without mixe with oil)?
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Nailtek or Creative's nail repair products?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
We used ACV half and half with warm water. I don't know that it matters what kind.

I used the tea tree oil directly though I suppose you can dilute it.

My dd had a very badly chapped lip last week and I used tea tree oil and vit E with an alow gel and one night gave great improvement.
o88odianao88o
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
That happens to me too! My problem is caused mostly by wearing shoes that are to tight for my wide toes, so they wear down my little-toenails. My toenails get better whenever I get a chance to stay away from these types of shoes for a while.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I was the only one with weird baby toenails!!! I too believe mine were at least partially caused by years of wearing high heels or boots that pinch my toes. (I have a very very very high arch. So some shoes and boots I can't get my feet into at all and the ones that kinda fit I just jam my feet into anyway.) When I went to wear my strappy sandals for the first time a couple weeks ago, I didn't feel like painting my toenails, so I used press-on toenails from Kiss and they looked really good. I think even when I do my toes, I will still use a press-on nail for my baby toes. I am going to start rubbing in the tin peptide cream for nails from skinbio and see if that helps.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Bunny7475. You should make sure that it is not a bacterial infection. If it is not an bacterial infection, tea tree oil may help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had these, too. Which I think is from wearing 'bad shoes' (shoving them into shoes that were tight (or narrow), and working on cement floors.) I had a calluses bulging from my pinky toes. Once I took care of those, the nails seem to grow smoother.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
You're not alone...my little toenails are really tiny and weird too! I think friction from shoes can shorten them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:53 am      Reply with quote
mur wrote:
I had this problem, and tea tree oil got rid of it. I just applied a couple drops of diluted tea tree oil - about 50-50 w/ jojoba - directly to the toe nail every night until it cleared up.

I've got the same problem and have tea tree and jojoba oil at home so am going to try it, will report back!

Z
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
I have same problem, so thanks for bring it up... can I use tea tree oil directly on the nail (without mixe with oil)?

Hi - I guess it's not a big deal to use it directly. I'd try diluted first, and if that doesn't work, then increase the strength of tea tree oil. However, I also agree that oftentimes, this problem is caused by shoes that are too tight. So if you're applying the tea tree oil, but continuing to wear your pointy toed stilettos, then your problem might not get better.
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny7475 wrote:
It probably would be a good idea to make sure you don't have some sort of bacteria...
<snip>

Agree definitely
Quote:
Incidentally, if you do suspect toenail fungus, try coating them w/ Vick's Salve. It may take several weeks but it does work and is much cheaper than other remedies.
Yep, apply Vick's or tea tee oil liberally to the area, or vinegar soaks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
if it's not fungus and just plain wear-and-tear due to high heels, wear a bandaid around that little toe whenever you wear shoes that may put pressure on the little toe.

consistent pressure on the little toe will definitely damage the nails and growth.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |