Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Does anyone else use two different sunscreens at once?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
on different areas of their face? Lately ive been using Bioderma spray under my eyes and above top lip.

Why? Because i can Laughing No really, i use mineral makeup so cant use the bioderma all over ( i dont apply makeup under eyes or above lips) sometimes I'll apply it to forehead too as its often looks clear and dosent need makeup.

So I just apply a physical sunscreen to rest of my face, cheeks mostly. Im prone to a bit of redness/irritation in the cheek area and find physical sunscreens better for that area.

So in 20 yrs i might have a half wrinkly face Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I guess I kinda do, if you consider mineral makeup as sunscreen Question I find virtually all sunscreens too oily to use on my t-zone so I only use MMU there otherwise I look very shiny Confused & use my regular sunscreen on my cheecks, neck etc. Apart from that I obviously use a seperate SPF lip balm product on my lips too.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:32 am      Reply with quote
i use 1 sunscreen product for my face and another for my lips. Wink but i never try using more then 1 sunscreen product for my face @ any one time.

unless you consider the sunscreen (SPF) content that is found inside the liquid foundation and loose powder that i use. Laughing

just curious, will there be any impact if you were to use 2 different sunscreen product on the face? for people with sensitive and combination skin, is it advisable?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:39 am      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:

just curious, will there be any impact if you were to use 2 different sunscreen product on the face? for people with sensitive and combination skin, is it advisable?

Think I'm not sure, but I have very sensitive skin & nothing has happened to me yet.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:00 am      Reply with quote
maybe i should note it down somewhere and bring this question up to my derm the next time i visit her again. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I do. I use Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion all over my face, but use Sofina Nuance Up around my eyes because I think the Shiseido is a little too matte and drying for that area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I use two - SVR 50B on my face and neck, and Sofina around the eyes. My eyes are very sensitive and did not like SVR.

I also use a 3rd one on my body - legs and hands. I drive for about an hour to work and then need to walk a few blocks - so these areas are exposed to sunlight.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Question
I just use one sunblock for face and body.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I usually use a different sunscreen around my eye area that what I use on the rest of my face. Even though I should, I never use any sunblock on my nose because I can't stand any extra shine there and the pores on my nose tend to clog up so easily. I prefer to just leave it free from products.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
My situation is a bit odd. I've used sunscreen for over 13 years. Even still at 32 I saw sun damage come to the surface on my face. So...I want to make sure that I am definately protected. I use two sunscreens...3 if you count my mineral makeup. I used the SVR spf 50 under my eyes. I then mix it with the Glycolix (17% zinc oxide) and put that on my face. After all that I put on my mineral make-up.
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I use Clarins Wrinkle Control Eye Area Sunscreen SPF 30 as my eyes are so sensitive to sunscreen products and this doesn't make them sting @ all. I also dust Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 30 powder over my sunscreen or makeup.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I do - I use NIA 24 Physical SPF 30 all over face and decollete and Shu Uemura SPF 50 PA+++ on my dark spots (acne scars, melasma, sun damage).
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use physical sunscreens but not all the ones I've bought have I ended up really liking. So the current one that I like gets applied to my face and neck. The ones that I don't love get used up on my chest, etc.
MakeupDiva
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I use MMU as my sunscreen on my face and traditional sunscreen on my body. Last year I was in Hawaii and I wore a waterproof sunscreen on my body and my MMU on my face. My body fried, but my face did not! Hmmmm, maybe I should just wear foundation all over my body. LOL
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
maybe use two is better, but i use the same one. chanel base spf30

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use different sunblocks for the area around eyes and face. Sometimes, I can add different sunblock at the end of my work before I leave if I don't have with me the one that I put on in the morning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
MakeupDiva wrote:
I use MMU as my sunscreen on my face and traditional sunscreen on my body. Last year I was in Hawaii and I wore a waterproof sunscreen on my body and my MMU on my face. My body fried, but my face did not! Hmmmm, maybe I should just wear foundation all over my body. LOL

Wow, that is quite amazing! What type of MMU did you use?

I am using one SPF 58 for my face and MMU on top to get rid of the shine. Sometimes I worry about clogged pores because I feel I am layering too many things on my face. Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |