Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Opinions Please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
OK after weeks of reading lots and lots of various threads I think I might have come up with a skin care routine but would really appreciate everyones advice on No 1. products, No 2. Whether to incorporate anything else in this routine and No 3> Is this an overkill of products.

Cranberry Eye Lift (to address sagging eyelids)

Relax-A-Line with Violax or Avene (to address deep wrinkles under eyes and crows feet, and also lines above lip area)

Ice Elements Edelweiss Serum (to address the neck area ie: sagging skin and very deep lines here!)

Baby Quasar (have ordered this am waiting on this)

Copper Peptides (to address some scaring on upper lip and overall skin care)

Pumpkin Peels

Vitamin C

Green Tea Toner

Most importantly Sunscreen

I would really appreciate everyones feedback to help me find the right routine and products. Very Happy
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
For neck area, maybe you can try Perfect Complexion HA-Soy Lift Cream $45.

Is your skin oily or dry? Different brands of C-serum work better for different skin types.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not one to suggest any routine as I can't seem to find mine but I must say you have a nice list of stuff there. I am sure someone with lots of knowledge will chime in for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
For neck area, maybe you can try Perfect Complexion HA-Soy Lift Cream $45.

You could also use this for your sagging eyelids instead of the Cranberry Eye Lift.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Probably it's trial and error. Let us know what works/doesn't work.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is not dry nor oily. I have a few pigmentation marks due to a hormone imbalance under my mouth, but other than that have no trouble with acne. As my job requires me to work in the sun all day, for years I thought I was protected by my sunscreen in my foundation, until last year when I really started pileing on the sunscreen, but obviously the damage is done and really want to address the wrinkles etc.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to say use only the sunscreen and the vitamin C and the serum as your moisturizer if you want to streamline your routine. You could probably use the Edleweiss around the eye area as well.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinical Super Serum is great and I also love Vivier 20% C-serum. Many also like PSF's new C-serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Just my 2 cents: Perfect Complexion HA-Soy Lift Cream dried up my eyes so much, that it made it look worse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like a good choice of products, but everyone is different and what is good for one person may not be good for the other...even if their skin types are similar. Let us know if it worked for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Just my 2 cents: Perfect Complexion HA-Soy Lift Cream dried up my eyes so much, that it made it look worse.

Sigma, can you tell me more? I am on the verge of ordering this for my sagging eyelids, but I don't want to fork out that kind of $ and have it not help. Do you think it would be OK with a moisturizer on top?
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would just say not to start with all of that at once, most of what you have listed is pretty strong stuff. Introduce one at a time. Otherwise if you react you won't know what caused it.

You know you can't use copper peptide and Vit C at the same time, right?

I have rather sensitive skin and can't take the actives that you have listed there, so can't really help with reviews. I am assuming you have pretty tough skin! The pumpkin peel is the only thing on your list (other than Vit C and sunscreen) that I have tried and it was way too strong for me.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
No I did not know that you can't use vit c with the copper peptides. This is exactly the reason I have posted this thread as your valued opinions on what to do and if I am going to be trying too much. I have looked at the soya product, and many others, everybodys skin care routine is different obviously I have just been searching through the threads and picked the most promising and best feed back "items' and that is where I have come up with these products. I think I might need some strong products though to address these lines as they are fairly deep and getting worse by the day. My diet is good and I drink plenty of water. I was trying MD eye cream although that wasn't too strong it made no difference. I brought skin doctors triple concentrate vit c last week and this hasn't bothered my skin but again it is not having any results my skin is actually looking worse for it : Rolling Eyes
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
The copper peptide and Vit C cancel each other out if used at the same time. I am not a copper peptide expert, but most ladies who use them seem to use Vit C in the morning and copper peptide in the evening. There are many threads (with input from smarter ladies than I) that will give you a good explanation of what actives to use when.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I will look thoroughly into each product before trying and have re-read the threads, but am unsure of which product to try along with or without the others to target these problems.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
yep, the least effective way of finding your skincare routine is to ask what the best skincare routine is...

Best advice anyone can give is:
a) do you research
b) test it out for yourself

good luck to you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mardy Bum. You mention some pigmentation problems.I have had the odd brown spot, and after a few weeks of using the Caudalie Beauty Elixer, and Juice Beauty Green Apple antioxidant serum, they are almost completely gone. I THINK the antioxidant serum is the main reason they've disappeared, but I could be wrong...the Beauty Elixer feels really great when you spray it on, and it seems to tighten and prep my skin. My skintone is definately better, and that's a good place to start. I haven't used copper peptides, but I have found Vit. C to be very helpful too. I will keep checking to see what suggestion come in, and am curious about the copper.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I do have two large brown patches due to polycystic ovary syndrome (too many cysts on ovaries) so I have to cover these up evry day. I am also looking forward to other suggestions I will look into what you are using also.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:
OK after weeks of reading lots and lots of various threads I think I might have come up with a skin care routine but would really appreciate everyones advice on No 1. products, No 2. Whether to incorporate anything else in this routine and No 3> Is this an overkill of products.

Relax-A-Line with Violax or Avene (to address deep wrinkles under eyes and crows feet, and also lines above lip area)

Ice Elements Edelweiss Serum (to address the neck area ie: sagging skin and very deep lines here!)

Pumpkin Peels

Vitamin C

Green Tea Toner

I would really appreciate everyones feedback to help me find the right routine and products. Very Happy

Have you noticed any difference to your eyes from the Cranberry Eye Lift?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
You want to use the vit C in the AM and the CPs in the evening, probably half an hour after the avene. I would really suggest you incorporate each of these actives slowly though. One at a time or you may get a bit of a reaction.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Mardy, it might help you get feedback appropriate to you if you share your age-range.

Thank you also for compiling your list and asking your question. I, and probably other relative newbies, will follow with interest.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am turning 39 this year but honestly I swear every morning I wake up my eyes seem to be getting more crepy and baggy Crying or Very sad I was also wondering whether everybody uses toners under their eyes or not? At the moment I am using the green tea toner with chamomile and lemon oil. I have not received nor tried any of these products that I have mentioned, so do not know whether the cranberry eye lift works or not, but am waiting on some samples of soya lift and the cranberry and pumpkin mask. I just wanted to know if I would be ordering too much too soon and what to actually start with to address these problems.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:

Pumpkin Peels

Vitamin C

Green Tea Toner

What are your AM and PM routines with all these products? What is your skin type? See this thread on skin type: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22380
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
what's your skintype?
I think if you take some moisturing mask and deep clean mask every week, which will be better.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Going by that thread my skin type would have to be DPW (Dry, Pigmented and Wrinkly) although my skin does not look dry or feel dry it does soak up any moisturizer I put on. At the moment my routine is pretty basic until I wait for samlples to arrive.

am: Cleanse, tone,vit c, eye cream and moisturizer with 20 spf sunscreen.

pm:as above.

I have not as yet tried any acid peels but am wanting to. By the way what is DMAE i see this all the time in threads and have searched but can;t find what it actually stands for.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |