Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

First Time No Hormanal Acne!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
This has got to be the first time in 7 years that I have no hormonal acne around that "time of the month." It just dawned on me today as I looked at my face in my compact mirror. Oh, my! My skin care routing has finally paid off! That you to YOU ALL for your suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the spelling! I meant HORMONAL! I was so in shock to tell you all!!!!!!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
What were the changes that you made?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
It's the "little" things in life that can totally make your day Wink
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
WHat is this great routine that is helping you????
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Don't keep us in suspense- tell us what your doing Laughing Laughing
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - I want to know too!!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yes please do tell, divalovesmusic! Smile I would love to know how I could possibily "avoid" the dreaded hormonal acne. Sad
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mad SPILL, DIVA!!! Mad

^ hormonal
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's wonderful! Congrats!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
What is your routine, Diva? Are you taking supplements too?
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes, please share!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes! Please share? Pretty pretty please.

I had 1 and half week of blemish free skin and then wham! forehead and chin breaks out like hell. Shock

*grrr* Brick wall

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I dealt with hormonal acne for 4 or 5 months, but didn't know it was hormonal. I posted on here often at that time. My skin has always been clear, then all of a sudden, acne city for the first time in my life, in my mid 50's! Incrementally I blamed my new mineral makeup, then my Anthelios sunscreen, then my skin cleanser, then high dose of Biotin and MSM I was taking, then my dirty cell phone...everything!! I never noticed it began when I decreased my dosage of my bioidentical hormones. As soon as I upped my dosage to what it used to be, my face totally and instantly cleared. Apparently it was too much testosterone Exclamation (she says flexing her muscles.)
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
While we're waiting, I'll throw out this question:

I've been wondering what kind of DIY stuff would topically mimic the effect on the complexion, even by a small percent, of taking birth control pills...

Wild yam? Soy isoflavones? I've seen those at SAS.
Pearl creams?
Others?

Bliss had a hormonal blemish busting stuff, but it's not available anymore and I have no idea what was in it.

(I do have fish/krill oil at home and progesterone cream, among othger things, for hormonal mood and pain troubles.)

For other sebum regulation, I've yet to try any Decleor or Carekate Ylang Ylang oil (if anyone knows how these two compare, please chime in).
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I think what made the difference was using natural products. Also, I do not use in Mall or OTC products any more! I am using I Feel Pretty (IFP) products and CareKate's Pearl Cream, understanding PH values, using BHAs and AHAs, and finally getting a skin routine for my skin type and age. I was using Benz Peroxide for my scne before and washing my face with harsh chemicals! Now I am learning more and more about Essential Oils and putting moisture back into my skin. Before I would do anything to like put products with SD alcohol to remove oil and dirt and cure my acne! Now, I am watching what I put on my skin, drinking more water and sleeping more! I will see how next month progresses! But so far, so good!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and forgot about vitamins. I have been taking Vit C/E and a multi and green tea, for years. No effect on my face really. But, I have started to drink more water and eat more veggies and my face has improved so much. Vitamins help, but eating right is better.

For a list of the products:

AM
Cleanse with very gentle face soap
IFP DMAE 3%
Pearl Cream
IFP Clarifying Serum
Eye cream
Silk powder (gives me enough moisture
MMU
Finish with antioxidant spritz

PM
IFP BHA 5% every other day (evening)
or
IFP BHA 2%/AHA 4% every other day (evening)
Pearl Cream
IFP Healing Serum on blemishes, if no blemishes then I use the Clarifying Serum
Eye cream

So simple. I hope that it lasts!!!!!! I am thinking about adding some CPs to help with the acne scars and some eyelid issues, but so far so good!!!!!!!!!
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Diva! I'm glad you found something that works for you! IS Clinical Active Serum (AHA/BHA) works great for my hormonal acne too. AHA/BHA can be a potent acne fighter at the right pH and concentration. Perhaps i'll try IFP's AHA/BHA when i run out of my active serum because it's cheaper.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Update--another month of NO HORMONAL ACNE~

I added IFP's mattifying pearl cream and IFP's pearl powder!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Pearl powder stuff is great for acne prone skin. I've had same results with pearl powder products.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby, do you also use I feel pretty's pearl powder? Which one do you use?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Rubby, do you also use I feel pretty's pearl powder? Which one do you use?

I use Silken Pearl product line:
http://www.silkenpearl.com/

I did a review under the DIY thread. I love what pearl powder and silk powder are doing for my skin.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to chime in that I'm with you Diva (this month anyway Laughing).

I attribute it to IFP 2%bha/4%aha. My t-zone isn't greasy anymore!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I just had to chime in that I'm with you Diva (this month anyway Laughing).

I attribute it to IFP 2%bha/4%aha. My t-zone isn't greasy anymore!

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I used the same thing for 2 months. I am using the 5% BHA and alternating with 2%bha/4%AHA. I got a sample of the 5%bha/10%aha, will try that in a week or two.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I used the same thing for 2 months. I am using the 5% BHA and alternating with 2%bha/4%AHA. I got a sample of the 5%bha/10%aha, will try that in a week or two.

Keep me posted Diva on the "big boy" Laughing Can I ask why you alternate between the bha/aha combo and just the bha?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |