Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Qui parle et comprend français? Super drôle lien est inclu!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Pour mes francophones amis qui sont ici, vous avez besoin de regarder ce lien! C'est un site québécois qui démontre Batman en perforant deux scènes: le premièr en français et le deuxième en québecois. C'est franchement hilarant!!!!!!

http://www.cyberjean.com/quebec/batman.swf

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Doing what to two scenes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
en jouant, ma faute. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Aucun problème. J'ai pensé perfore une scène était drôle, de toute façon. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Hysterical! I'm saving this one.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Laughing Laughing Hysterical! I'm saving this one.

Quel est hystérique? Le trombone de film ou nous?

5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have a first-rate top-notch Kentucky gal 8th-grade education and je parle tres bien francaise touristique. When in Paris I am able to make a fool of myself in any patisserie and can purchase Avene and Caudalie products like a native. My flawless accent and large lumpy derriere- not to mention my uncanny ability to get ripped off at the flea market- often cause me to be mistaken for a native Parisienne tres chic et sophistique. My girlfriends marvel at my fluency! They are still talking about the time last summer when I put that snippy waiter in his place by imperiously ordering an ice-cold glass of "loo" tout de suite! He was speechless!

That Batman thing was a goodie. Je rit avec ma bouche et dit merci, Scalawag! no one perforates like the caped crusader!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
tous les deux Cool
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle, prends pas offense! Mon mari est québécois et moi, je me déménagerai à Montréal cette année. Smile C'est fait par un québécois, en fait and juste pour les rires des jurons.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I can get away with speaking parisien till I say 'beurre'..then the quebecois comes out a bit & I'm found out Embarassed DH switches back & forth so easily depending who he's talking to , I get whiplash.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I can get away with speaking parisien till I say 'beurre'..then the quebecois comes out a bit & I'm found out Embarassed DH switches back & forth so easily depending who he's talking to , I get whiplash.

Comme Elvis Gratton l'a dit "beurre, beurre, BEURRE"!!!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Arielle, prends pas offense! Mon mari est québécois et moi, je me déménagerai à Montréal cette année. Smile C'est fait par un québécois, en fait and juste pour les rires des jurons.

No, no, not at all. I thought it was hilarious. By the way, I thought you were already in Montreal. Where are you?

Arielle

p.s. I'm so rusty I'm never sure of my grammar or syntax so I'm switching back to English.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

No, no, not at all. I thought it was hilarious. By the way, I thought you were already in Montreal. Where are you?

Arielle

p.s. I'm so rusty I'm never sure of my grammar or syntax so I'm switching back to English.

Not yet, toots. I'm still in Baltimore while we work out the immigration stuff. Wahoo for legalities!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ain't it the truth. DH and I want to move to Ireland but it's soooo difficult and we may not be able to. The U.S. should take a lesson!

A

p.s. I hope you weren't offended. I never get to practice anymore. No one here in Tejas speaks French. I'm now struggling trying to learn Spanish. I learned a smattering of French as a child in self defense. My mother and grandmother were French and spoke it when they didn't want me to know what they were saying--it was usually about me. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Arielle wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Arielle

Not yet, toots. I'm still in Baltimore while we work out the immigration stuff. Wahoo for legalities!

Maybe you'll be in Montreal by the time I get the nerve up to try CPs & peels....you could hold my hand so to speak.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
sbparadis wrote:
I have a first-rate top-notch Kentucky gal 8th-grade education and je parle tres bien francaise touristique. When in Paris I am able to make a fool of myself in any patisserie and can purchase Avene and Caudalie products like a native. My flawless accent and large lumpy derriere- not to mention my uncanny ability to get ripped off at the flea market- often cause me to be mistaken for a native Parisienne tres chic et sophistique. My girlfriends marvel at my fluency! They are still talking about the time last summer when I put that snippy waiter in his place by imperiously ordering an ice-cold glass of "loo" tout de suite! He was speechless!

That Batman thing was a goodie. Je rit avec ma bouche et dit merci, Scalawag! no one perforates like the caped crusader!!!

That's hysterical! It's also the main reason I'll never even try if I ever did get to Paris. What a Class-A fool I'd look like. ROFLMAO
Not that I'm likely to ever get to go, in any case.

A

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Maybe you'll be in Montreal by the time I get the nerve up to try CPs & peels....you could hold my hand so to speak.

You got it, girl!

SBParadis, hilarious! Arielle, no offense taken at all. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I had Fench in HS and repeated some in college -- and yet I couldn't follow much of this, it was so fast. Still hilarious, though.

What is this Quebecois expression I kept hearing: "co-alice?" ???
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
I had Fench in HS and repeated some in college -- and yet I couldn't follow much of this, it was so fast. Still hilarious, though.

What is this Quebecois expression I kept hearing: "co-alice?" ???

It just means 'chalice'..swear word..can't really translate it.. I guess like 'damn'. "Tabarnac' would be another popular one. 'colice de tabarnac' when you're really peeved.

Isn't EDS educational...
sbparadis
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
mais non, arielle! Avez vous le courage! The only good thing about suffering through Madame Kern's 7th period hour of merde is to get to whip out the ol' Francaise whenever you can- which for me is only in France, bien sur.

I've had great experiences with very kind and patient French people- including shopkeepers and waiters- if they're very busy I'm not going to torture them- that would be obnoxious- but if they have time they are always gracious and charming and everyone has fun. Once at breakfast I asked for something like "the small things that are round and blue with sugar for my mouth today please" and by golly the nice man brought me blueberries. We were both totally pleased with ourselves.

My command of the language is only surpassed by my influence on French fashion. alas- I cannot go this year- but I hear that this spring all the most chic women on the Blvd Haussmann will be wearing yoga pants from Target in homage to moi.

But French speakers everywhere will be thrilled to learn we're bringing the kids to Quebec to ski on Friday! Attendez-vous, Quebecois- la famille Paradis est bizarre, et ici!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm reading this and laughing because I went the other way. Born and raised in Montreal, moved to Ontario and then did the whole immigration thingie when I met my Texan husband. And, OMG, doesn't Immigration (either country) suck big time?????
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
J'ai comris rien mais c'était très drôle! Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Velvettt wrote:
I'm reading this and laughing because I went the other way. Born and raised in Montreal, moved to Ontario and then did the whole immigration thingie when I met my Texan husband. And, OMG, doesn't Immigration (either country) suck big time?????

Do doubt! I am trying to make sure we have all of our Ts crossed and are ready for anything with the immigration system but you never know. It is a long and tedious process.

I sent the link to my husband, who, of course, forwarded it to his friends. We were laughing like to idiots for the better part of 20 minutes over this. You have to understand, when he gets mad, he can go on and on like that - it is absolutely hilarious.

Don't forget that the pronounciation is key - for example, mon chalice is "mon cho-liss" with the stress on the first syllable. Very educational, I agree. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
A very colorful language of it's own. Most of us up here speak 'franglais' so, even when we speak English it's usually peppered with quebecois swear words or slang rendering us incomprehensible at times to tourists..esp. americans.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I agree, Marina and I don't know about your husband/family but mine are absolutely comical to the nth degree. Alain and I laugh like children most of the time - maybe it's that we find the same things funny but he is such a colorful character, anyway. When he's mad or not in a good mood, it's so weird. Smile He tells me, "Je ne suis pas une machine"! I'm always like, yeah, baby, just make me laugh again - like I'm a laugh addict. Laughing

Heureusement, j'ai "une oreille" pour français et j'apprend vite donc, je comprend la plupart quand je suis là mais les expressions...oh la!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |