Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dramatic mascara for sensitive/allergic eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
My mom is having an awful time finding a mascara that doesn't irritate her sensitive eyes and I'd love to hear your suggestions! I've read that a lot of you like Dr. H's, but it sounds like it gives a more natural look whereas she's looking for a more dramatic effect as she has very sparse, thin lashes. Also, I don't know if she can handle any fragrance in the product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
that is a tough one, because dramatic mascaras usually have a lot of fibers in them (to build volume and length). Fibers tend to flake off and irritate eyes. Maybe one of the new ones like Blinc would work for her? Do a search for reviews on it, I know there have been some recently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
lil_miss_skincare wrote:
My mom is having an awful time finding a mascara that doesn't irritate her sensitive eyes and I'd love to hear your suggestions! I've read that a lot of you like Dr. H's, but it sounds like it gives a more natural look whereas she's looking for a more dramatic effect as she has very sparse, thin lashes. Also, I don't know if she can handle any fragrance in the product.

Dr. H doesn't give you any volume or length. It is very natural looking, so it won't be dramatic. If you have whole foods market near you, you can take your mom to try it. They got a tester. I did that, and found I liked the look of Dr. H because it doesn't clump, but I'll wait till my lashes grow out more.
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the ideas, Ladies! I'm going to check out the reviews and also take my mom over to Henry's. (It's like a Whole Foods or Wild Oats) I feel so sorry for my poor mom! She tries mascara after mascara and they all usually bother her eyes so much they end up running down her cheeks from all the tearing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
What about Clinique mascara's, apart from Dr H they're also one other brand I can sort of use & not get any eye irritation. My fav is their naturally glossy mascara, but if you're after something more dramatic maybe try their high impact mascara, which I haven't used yet but have heard good things about. Wink
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I should check out some of Clinique's newer formulas for my mom. I think their Naturally Glossy mascara looks nice but unfortunately it gives me major raccoon eyes. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
i have very sensitive eyes and am a contact lens wearer. Dr H is my everyday mascara, but when i want more drama, i use Sisley Ultra-Volume. it is probably the *only* mascara that i've been able to use without irritation that gives a little oomph to my lashes: http://www.sisley-cosmetics.com/product_detail.jsp?productID=177&categoryID=46. it's quite a bit more expensive than the others but when i think about how much money i've wasted trying other brands, it's downright cheap!

ETA: that link doesn't work properly. just go to the main site: http://www.sisley-cosmetics.com/ and ckick on makeup, eyes, mascara, etc. or try to find a Sisley counter.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
You can get a dramatic look with Eco Nvey Moisturizing Mascara if you apply 2-3 coats. 1 coat is for a natural look. This mascara does not clump and smudge at all for me which is an A+. The downside of it is that I find the brush too big for my liking. I have really sensitive eyes and this one doesn't bother my eyes at all!

EcCO Moisturising Mascara is a luxurious, rich and nourishing mascara formulated with Vitamin B5 (D Panthenol), Nettle and Horsetail herb to strengthen, condition and build the lashes for a full, dramatic look.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Ethanol, Natural Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Cetearyl Olivate, Vitamin B5, Nettle Extract, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulharis Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Rosemarinus Officnalis Lead Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis Root Extract. May Contain: Ci77007, Ci77499, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide); Ci77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

http://www.econveybeauty.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=MMF
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
You can get a dramatic look with Eco Nvey Moisturizing Mascara if you apply 2-3 coats. 1 coat is for a natural look. This mascara does not clump and smudge at all for me which is an A+. The downside of it is that I find the brush too big for my liking. I have really sensitive eyes and this one doesn't bother my eyes at all!

EcCO Moisturising Mascara is a luxurious, rich and nourishing mascara formulated with Vitamin B5 (D Panthenol), Nettle and Horsetail herb to strengthen, condition and build the lashes for a full, dramatic look.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Ethanol, Natural Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Cetearyl Olivate, Vitamin B5, Nettle Extract, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulharis Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Rosemarinus Officnalis Lead Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis Root Extract. May Contain: Ci77007, Ci77499, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide); Ci77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

http://www.econveybeauty.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=MMF

That mascara sounds great, Lisey! Smile . Thanks for the recommendation & also for putting up the ingredients list saves me having to search online to find it! Wink I might definitely give that one a go next, even though I'm currently patiently waiting for the new Dr H "volume" mascara to arrive at EDS.
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
These sound like some great mascaras to try! I am going to give all of them a look. Thanks everyone! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I managed to get a sample of Clinique's High Impact mascara, & it's great! Smile Two coats of this stuff & my lashes have lots of volume & no clumping at all! I'm generally not a big fan of Clinique products, but I'm impressed with this one & of course the natural glossy mascara which really gives more of a natural look instead.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |