Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen - that's really good news. I got a little worried that my upcoming purchase won't help w/ my N/L folds, but hopefully, there are more out there that have had success like you.

The reason I asked is bcz I had heard it wouldn't help w/ those. Kinda made sense to me since they tend to come from loss of elasticity & facial fat loss. I can see the elasticity issue being helped w/ the roller, but is this enuf to really help those N/Ls?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen, I am sure it is mentioned in this long thread, but how often are you rolling and what size? Thanks in advance!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
My first roll today. Embarassed
I finally got my 2.5 DrRoller and after all the preparation rolled with even pressure until my face got very red.
No visible blood.Was that effective enough? Its been 3 or 4 hours and I feel like I have a mild sunburn.
So,my main question is,how do you know when it is a good roll ?

TIA
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Well, to save Bethany answering this post too.
She already said that you need to draw blood to get to the dermis.
And I (confess)still smoke, Sad so that has something to do with it. She is going to let me know her theory.

and Im fat too
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Well, to save Bethany answering this post too.
She already said that you need to draw blood to get to the dermis.
And I (confess)still smoke, Sad so that has something to do with it. She is going to let me know her theory.

and Im fat too

LOL..I posted my theory on the other forum. Smile

I don't think weight is an issue at all. I'm fat and still produce lots of blood when I roll. Very Happy

But my theory of why some people see blood with longer needles and others don't was that non-bleeders may smoke (or have in the past). Smoking is proven to greatly constrict the size of blood vessels, and therefore limit the amount of available blood flow (and nutrients) to the skin. But this will vary greatly by person based on a large number of factors, like how long they have smoked, how much they smoke, etc.

I also wonder if sun damage and and/or smoking impact the level of nerves in the skin, explaining why some people feel more pain than others. But I haven't looked into that yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:40 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
snowqueen, I am sure it is mentioned in this long thread, but how often are you rolling and what size? Thanks in advance!
\

I'm using a 1.5mm. Been rolling 6mths. Started rolling many times a week (didn't know better) then slowed to once a week, now probably fortnightly. I'm getting inspired again, now that I am really seeing results (my DH said the other night...wow! your skin looks amazing...its looks like you've had a facelift! ) so I might go back to weekly rolls.

HTH

rebecca

5% products discount

Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Hai all.

I am new to dermaroller. I am glad i found this forum ^^

I have the clearskincare face roller 0.75mm and have been using it for my face for better cream penetration... The thing about the roller is.... (im sorry to say) that it looks really cheaply-made... even the length of the needles are not equal at some part... and considering it's not cheap... i feel ripped Sad

I also just received the beauty mouse yesterday. The beauty mouse is suppose to treat the stretch mark I have. I regret I bought it before reading this forum. I think it will have no effect on my stretch mark since the needles are so short... Sad the beauty mouse looks like it is more professionally made than the face roller i got from clearskincare...

I think I will buy the 1.5mm dr roller for the stretch mark to use every 4 weeks and use the beauty mouse in between those period...

I want to ask you all... which cream/product should I use to treat my stretch mark? I read this advertisement about TRILASTIN cream. It looks promising...Has anyone use it?

How about bio-oil? or copper peptide? will those help the stretch mark??

Thank you very much for all the info you guys were sharing ^^
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:09 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
\

I'm using a 1.5mm. Been rolling 6mths. Started rolling many times a week (didn't know better) then slowed to once a week, now probably fortnightly. I'm getting inspired again, now that I am really seeing results (my DH said the other night...wow! your skin looks amazing...its looks like you've had a facelift! ) so I might go back to weekly rolls.

HTH

rebecca

Thanks for the reply, rebecca! I love to hear from those of you who have had results from rolling what size and how often you roll. I completed by 6th roll last week and am taking a few months off, but I miss the rolling already!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi rollergal - I've been using CPs for 4 mos now w/ GREAT results and want to add the roller in for an even greater effect.

The CPs I use are from Skin Biology. The Dr. that invented them (Dr. Pickart) has all the patents on them, so any products that have the copper peptide in them are from his research. He came up w/ them in the 70's w/ a co called Procyte. The one they developed was a GHK-Cu peptide and was used for wound healing. He left that co for health reasons, then started Skin Bio and developed stronger peptides based on the same science. The 2nd generation ones he developed at Skin Bio are not as sensitive to exfoliants as the 1st gens are (using exfoliants is the key to success w/ CPs). The stuff works great!

Sorry to detour this thread, if you want to know more, PM me.

Also, check this link out:

http://www.skinbiology.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:39 am      Reply with quote
im curious to know if anyoens rolled under their eye and if theyve seen a plumping/thickening of the skin there resulting in lesser dark circles.
kimber7
5% products discount

Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I've been researching the 1.5 dermaroller and have ???.
Does it hurt or bleed?
How long do you roll the tummy area?
Where do you buy?
I also have slight loose skin around the belly. will it help
Any info would be great. thanks
Lisa D
5% products discount

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone:

Did my first roll last night with a 1.5. Most definitely uncomfortable, but not unbearable, on my skin. Only went for 3-4 passes (instead of the oft suggested 10) in each direction, though. Immediately after, my face and neck were candy-apple red, but the redness disappeared after about an hour and a half. When I woke up this morning, my right eye was a tiny bit swollen on the lid, but I can't see any other adverse reaction to the roll.

I'm planning on a weekly roll for six weeks, as many of you have outlined in your posts.

Thank you all so very much for sharing your knowledge and experience, here - this is exactly the type of research I needed access to before making the decision to roll with a longer needle.

-Lisa
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
natefan87 wrote:
im curious to know if anyoens rolled under their eye and if theyve seen a plumping/thickening of the skin there resulting in lesser dark circles.

Hi Nathan,
I've been using the small 1.5 mm 3-line roller to treat the under eye area. I don't have dark circles, but I can tell you that the skin has noticeably thickened and plumped up to the point where my milia have, in some cases disappeared, and in others, have smoothed them out considerably.

Kimber, check out this thread on where to buy:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392&highlight=
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
rollergal wrote:
I think I will buy the 1.5mm dr roller for the stretch mark to use every 4 weeks and use the beauty mouse in between those period...

Rollergal,

CPs are what many people recommend for scars and stretch marks...you will want to go with one of the stronger Skin Biology CP products (like Super Cop or SC2x), but you may NOT want to apply it right after you roll because the pain/tingling will be very intense based on what Catski has said in previous posts.

You will definitely need a longer roller (like 1.5mm or up) to break up the scar tissue bundles.

And since your stretchmarks are not on your face, you could try rolling those every week or 2 weeks. The Beauty Mouse will be good to help get additional product penetration in between your deeper rolls.

Are you planning on using Retin A in addition to the CPs? You do need Vit A and Vit C to help that skin remodel, in addition to the CPs. I would also suggest emu oil to help regulate the amount of the CPs (in case they are too strong, you put emu oil on first).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
kimber7 wrote:
I've been researching the 1.5 dermaroller and have ???.
Does it hurt or bleed?
How long do you roll the tummy area?
Where do you buy?
I also have slight loose skin around the belly. will it help
Any info would be great. thanks

Kimber,

As far as the rolling hurting or bleeding, it depends on the person...it seems to me that smokers (current and past) have less of both. Others (like me have lots of blood and lots of pain).

Where to buy: There are lots of options in the Discounted Dermarollars for EDS Members thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

Loose stomach skin: There are some pics showing stomach improvements in the CIT/Dermarolling Articles and Presentations thread (see the links where I noted pics were present):
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860

5% products discount

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rollergal wrote:

Rollergal,

CPs are what many people recommend for scars and stretch marks...you will want to go with one of the stronger Skin Biology CP products (like Super Cop or SC2x), but you may NOT want to apply it right after you roll because the pain/tingling will be very intense based on what Catski has said in previous posts.

You will definitely need a longer roller (like 1.5mm or up) to break up the scar tissue bundles.

And since your stretchmarks are not on your face, you could try rolling those every week or 2 weeks. The Beauty Mouse will be good to help get additional product penetration in between your deeper rolls.

Are you planning on using Retin A in addition to the CPs? You do need Vit A and Vit C to help that skin remodel, in addition to the CPs. I would also suggest emu oil to help regulate the amount of the CPs (in case they are too strong, you put emu oil on first).

Hi Bethany
thanks a lot for your info Smile

You said I need vit A and C. Do I just mix those together with the CP and emu oil then apply it to the skin? If I apply the mixture an hour after the rolling, would the skin absorb them? Because I read that the tiny piercings caused by dermaroller will close in 1 hr?

do you know if dermarolling can help with small veins? my face skin is very thin the veins are visible especially under the nose area and some around the cheek... My mom said it's because I gain weight and makes my skin thinner (like a blown up baloon) :P
rollergal
5% products discount

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:25 am      Reply with quote
one more thing...

how long will the dr roller dermaroller last?
I will use it for across my butt, hip and thigh.. where the stretch marks are... :P
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:56 am      Reply with quote
rollergal wrote:
one more thing...

how long will the dr roller dermaroller last?
I will use it for across my butt, hip and thigh.. where the stretch marks are... :P

It varies based on how many times you use it, and longer needles dull more quickly due to a greater electrical charge.

However, I believe most people use them for about a year, though manufacturers' recommendations are usually for shorter periods of time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:11 am      Reply with quote
rollergal wrote:
Hi Bethany

You said I need vit A and C. Do I just mix those together with the CP and emu oil then apply it to the skin? If I apply the mixture an hour after the rolling, would the skin absorb them? Because I read that the tiny piercings caused by dermaroller will close in 1 hr?

do you know if dermarolling can help with small veins? my face skin is very thin the veins are visible especially under the nose area and some around the cheek... My mom said it's because I gain weight and makes my skin thinner (like a blown up baloon) :P

Dermarolling will help thicken your skin, which might make small veins less visible.

You cannot use CPs and Vit C within 12 hours of each other because they interact. If it were me, I would probably:
- Use Retin A an hour after you roll
- Alternate Vit C and Skin Biology LacSal in the mornings (you need LacSal to work with the CPs)
- Alternate CPs and Retin A in the evenings

You should start off using CPs OVER emu oil, then try the CPs alone, and work up to emu over the CPs (emu is a penetrating oil, so it will increase absorption). If it tingles too strongly, keep using the emu oil first to delay absorption.

If budget is an issue OR you want to start more slowly, I would personally go for the Retin A and Vit C over the CPs and LacSal (I have used all of them, and Retin A and Vit C are WAAAAY more clinically proven to be effective in collagen regeneration)

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I think its important to hear both sides of the CP debate, and for a great many of us, CP's have been the worst thing we ever did to our skin. Please read up on it before plunging down that path. I did everything right, working up V-E-R-Y slowly, but it "loosened" my skin and enlarged my pores.

I am 7 months into my rolling and doing it only every 2 wks now. I don't know if I rolled harder than usual last night (with my 1.5mm) but I got more blood spots than ever. I didn't realize that you need to draw blood in order to get the benefits. I don't numb myself in any way, and unfortunately, it never gets less painful. I would like to do my arms but am wondering if anyone has had any improvement there from rolling. I am very pleased with the results on my face,

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I didn't realize that you need to draw blood in order to get the benefits.

I don't think you do need to draw blood to get results. Did I miss this somewhere? Very Happy At least from the Nova Clinic, they say you will not bleed using the 1 mm, and I think they said the same thing for the 1.5 mm size. I will have to check on the 1.5/bleeding.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
I didn't realize that you need to draw blood in order to get the benefits.

I don't think you do need to draw blood to get results. Did I miss this somewhere? Very Happy At least from the Nova Clinic, they say you will not bleed using the 1 mm, and I think they said the same thing for the 1.5 mm size. I will have to check on the 1.5/bleeding.

Blood dots are generally proof that you have punctured the dermis where the blood vessels are located.

You do not need to look like a Halloween prop after rolling, but if you don't see ANY blood dots at all, you might not be pressing hard enough.

But as I said above, people have varying levels of vascular circulation...especially if you smoke (or have in the past).

I have never smoked, and actually got a couple of blood dots with my .15mm the other night. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
rollergal wrote:
bethany wrote:
rollergal wrote:

Rollergal,

Hi Bethany

1. Rollergal, could you please share your true age with us?

2. These products are serious business and you need a thorough understanding of them, before jumping in the deep end.

3. Never, ever start out with the highest level of CP's on any part of your body.

4. Could you please share what you know regarding the care, maintenance and sterilization of the 'needles'?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Just an FYI...I went straight to SC2x on pigmented sections of my face with no issues and used them for 6+ months. (though I did temper them with emu oil as suggested)

But CP discussions should really take place on a CP thread.

Here is one for any future CP discussions:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22230&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=275

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
rollergal - I sent you a PM

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |