Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
bethany wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:
I am a newbie here and I have read alot of pages so far and still will continue reading. I want to purchase a Dermaroller for the stretchmarks on my stomach. I was thinking of getting a 1.5 needle. I do have a stretchmark cream with good ingredients in it called Revitol. I was wondering if I could use this after I roll instead of the other products mentioned Like CPS and Vitamin A and C. I have a 6 month supply of this stuff and didnt want it to go to waste since it was kind of expensive.

It looks like the Revitol contains A, E, D, etc....I would make sure you take a Vit C supplement, since Vit C is essential to building new collagen (something you need if you are remodeling skin with strechmarks).

How much Vitamin C should I take? Or can I just apply some Vitamin C to my skin every day? Maybe like the cream or oil version

You want to take at least 1000mg a day of Vit C. You can also apply it topically, but products with ascorbic acid tend to sting when applied right after rolling. I prefer the oil-soluble versions.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
^^^^^ Should I do one or the other? or Both?

Should I also Buy 2 dermarollers? One 1.5 for every 2 weeks and maybe a .15 to use everyday for product penetration? I really want to make the most out of my revitol products since I read that only about 4% gets absorbed when rubbing normally. Such a waste. I need the full benefits of each of my products Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:

Should I also Buy 2 dermarollers? One 1.5 for every 2 weeks and maybe a .15 to use everyday for product penetration? I really want to make the most out of my revitol products since I read that only about 4% gets absorbed when rubbing normally. Such a waste. I need the full benefits of each of my products Very Happy

I would personally do both if you are serious about 1) your skin and 2) losing the stretchmarks.

You could go with a .25mm since it is your stomach and save a significant amount of $$$ over the .15mm (the .15mm is far cheaper). But it honestly depends on YOUR skin...I seem to have a ton of inflammation whether I use a .15mm or a 1.0mm!

But if you want to roll a couple of times a week for product penetration, you are better off using a .25mm than a 1.5mm because the 1.5mm gets dull far more quickly...having 2 rollers would help you save the 1.5mm for those more intense rolls.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:

I would personally do both if you are serious about 1) your skin and 2) losing the stretchmarks.

You could go with a .25mm since it is your stomach and save a significant amount of $$$ over the .15mm (the .15mm is far cheaper). But it honestly depends on YOUR skin...I seem to have a ton of inflammation whether I use a .15mm or a 1.0mm!

But if you want to roll a couple of times a week for product penetration, you are better off using a .25mm than a 1.5mm because the 1.5mm gets dull far more quickly...having 2 rollers would help you save the 1.5mm for those more intense rolls.

ok great I will get the pills and the Vitamin C for the skin. Do you know where I can buy vitamin C serum/Liquid and when do I apply it?

Now I do want to save the 1.5 for intense rolls. Maybe once every 2 weeks. So therefore you are saying use the .25mm in between the intense rolls?
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone use the roller on thier thighs for cellulite? Has it helped? How often do you roll?
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Bethany wrote:

If you recall from the inflammation research, 2 weeks is the magic time period for avoiding damaging inflammation, so I don't see where 10 days would be any better than 7 days.

But I do think that fewer aggressive rolls are better than more weaker rolls...you have to have a substantially high number of punctures to release the sufficient enzymes (or whatever they are called) in order to trigger the wound healing cascade.

I am really struggling with a schedule too...at this point I am thinking of these options:
- An aggressive 1.0mm roll once a month and skip any future breaks, OR
- An aggressive series of .15mm rolls within one week (basically every other day), then take 3 weeks off. When that has passed, do an aggressive 1.0mm roll and take off another 3 weeks. Then repeat with the baby roller. OR
- An aggressive 1.0mm roll, followed by an aggressive .15mm roll 4 weeks later. Repeat after another 4 weeks.

But the series of .15mm baby rolls I did with Retin-A this last week about did me in, so I will probably not use Retin-A after them in the future. Embarassed

I know this approach is far more conservative than other people, but the pics Chinachatters posted of the damage CAUSED by rolling too frequently scared the poo out of me, as well as the inflammation article. Confused

The pictures for those who have not seen them (she previously had no lines nor pigmentation on her forehead...both were caused by too much trauma from rolling):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30220[/quote]

Two weeks, eh? For some reason I got ten days stuck in my head...Ok, so if you decide on once a month with no breaks, how many rolls do you think you will do? Are you just going to play it by ear and see what your skin looks like?
I think I like the once a month schedule. I'm just wondering if after, let's say a couple of months if a break would still be a good idea just to let the collagen fully develop?
I'm almost on my 90 day mark. I'm trying to decide whether to extend that break or press on. I'm not anxious to mutilate my face Laughing , but I do want to continue to see results.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly wrote:
Two weeks, eh? For some reason I got ten days stuck in my head...Ok, so if you decide on once a month with no breaks, how many rolls do you think you will do? Are you just going to play it by ear and see what your skin looks like?
I think I like the once a month schedule. I'm just wondering if after, let's say a couple of months if a break would still be a good idea just to let the collagen fully develop?
I'm almost on my 90 day mark. I'm trying to decide whether to extend that break or press on. I'm not anxious to mutilate my face Laughing , but I do want to continue to see results.

I think that breaks will always be a good thing, and that less is actually more until there are some published studies down the road.

Maybe 3 rolls (one per month), and then 90 days off?

Here is a quote from Dr. Des Fernandes on how long the collagen development takes:

Quote:
The needles...automatically initiate a complex chemical cascade including numerous growth factors, such as fibroblast growth factor, platelet-derived growth factor, and transforming growth factors alpha and beta, which result in an invasion of fibroblasts. This surge of activity inevitably leads to the production of more collagen and elastin by the fibroblasts. Keratinocytes migrate across the epidermal defect and proliferate, thickening the epidermis.

Five days after injury a fibronectin matrix is laid down along the axis in which fibroblasts are aligned and along which collagen will also be laid down. This collagen is deposited in the upper dermis just below the basal layer of the epidermis. Collagen type III is the dominant form in the early wound-healing phase. Tissue remodeling continues for months after the injury and is accomplished primarily by the fibroblast. Collagen type III is gradually replaced by Collagen I over a period of a year or more.
http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/CITASJ.pdf

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
When people say intense rolls do you mean pressing harder? Or longer rolls for ex: 20mins
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
When people say intense rolls do you mean pressing harder? Or longer rolls for ex: 20mins

When I say intense, I mean pressing down harder AND rolling more times to create more holes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Thyckecutie, I roller my thighs with my 1.5 once every two weeks. I've been doing that for about 3 months. My cellulite is slowly improving. I don't roll super aggressively because I'm trying to spare the intgrity of the needles. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
But the series of .15mm baby rolls I did with Retin-A this last week about did me in, so I will probably not use Retin-A after them in the future. Embarassed

I must've missed this earlier. Could you tell me what happened w/ the Retin-A? And, have you ever tried applying it B4 rolling?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
Does anyone use the roller on thier thighs for cellulite? Has it helped? How often do you roll?

Thyckecutie I did a series of 6 rolls weekly on my thighs with the 1.5mm roller. I'm waiting for a few months for the collagen remodelling to occur before I judge the results. However I've also started a routine of rebounding, body brushing, massaging with a handheld infrared massager, essential oil mix and John Hill's fat burner, so I won't know if the rolling would've done anything on it's own. I'm going to buy the beauty mouse roller which has .15mm rollers for fat burner and oil penetration but only use 3 times a week.
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, Thyckecutie, I roller my thighs with my 1.5 once every two weeks. I've been doing that for about 3 months. My cellulite is slowly improving. I don't roll super aggressively because I'm trying to spare the intgrity of the needles. Smile

Great! This is what I plan on doing for my Cellulite and keep applying my Revitol. Hopefully it will do some good. Do your thighs feel smoother? Do you use a smaller roller in between the 1.5?
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:

Thyckecutie I did a series of 6 rolls weekly on my thighs with the 1.5mm roller. I'm waiting for a few months for the collagen remodelling to occur before I judge the results. However I've also started a routine of rebounding, body brushing, massaging with a handheld infrared massager, essential oil mix and John Hill's fat burner, so I won't know if the rolling would've done anything on it's own. I'm going to buy the beauty mouse roller which has .15mm rollers for fat burner and oil penetration but only use 3 times a week.

Thanks you answered my question
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I was just wondering, how many of you all have discovered the joys of plastic wrap? LOL I mean, prior to rolling using a numbing agent? It's great, I have to say, pleasantly numb works for me! Very Happy
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I was just wondering, how many of you all have discovered the joys of plastic wrap? LOL I mean, prior to rolling using a numbing agent? It's great, I have to say, pleasantly numb works for me! Very Happy

And who does rolling around the eyes? Reason I ask is I keep reading about how delicate the eye area is, wouldn't rolling in the eye area be uh, not such a good thing? Sorry, I'm a newbie to the rolling still.. But Bethany sure has been a big help! Well, ya'll are! Very Happy
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ooopsy sorry about the double posting.. Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
bethany wrote:

I must've missed this earlier. Could you tell me what happened w/ the Retin-A? And, have you ever tried applying it B4 rolling?

I always use Retin A 2-3x a week, on my face when rolling.

I decided to use the .15mm baby roller 3x a week, and applied the Retin-A after I rolled each time. However, I underestimated the impact of increasing the rolling/Retin-A combo to more than once a week, and ended up having a VERY bad reaction (extreme redness, histamine bumps, itching, etc.). Embarassed

Based on how bad I look today 3 days after I last rolled), I anticipate that it will take closer to 2 weeks before I am back to normal again. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
ok great I will get the pills and the Vitamin C for the skin. Do you know where I can buy vitamin C serum/Liquid and when do I apply it?

Now I do want to save the 1.5 for intense rolls. Maybe once every 2 weeks. So therefore you are saying use the .25mm in between the intense rolls?

Here is a thread on Vit C that should have some sources for you. You will apply it once a day, or at least every other day for at least 3 weeks after you stop rolling.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29775&highlight=vit

You can use the .25mm in between longer needle rolls, but more gently...you only need to puncture the skin for it to be effective.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:

And who does rolling around the eyes? Reason I ask is I keep reading about how delicate the eye area is, wouldn't rolling in the eye area be uh, not such a good thing? Sorry, I'm a newbie to the rolling still.. But Bethany sure has been a big help! Well, ya'll are! Very Happy

I roll the under eye area, but had to get the small 3-line roller (1.5mm needles) for this. The normal sized roller was too big and I was always afraid of stabbing myself in the eyeball Shock The smaller roller has been ideal.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Cleocatra wrote:

I roll the under eye area, but had to get the small 3-line roller (1.5mm needles) for this. The normal sized roller was too big and I was always afraid of stabbing myself in the eyeball Shock The smaller roller has been ideal.

I have to agree...for anyone focused on remodeling under the eyes, the 3Line is the BEST.

In fact, if I had to rate my rollers, I would list them in order of priority below:

Rollers that Beth owns:
.15mm (the Leaf & Rusher Dr. Roller)
.25mm (Dr. Roller)
.5mm (Dr. Roller)
1.0mm (Dr. Roller)
1.0mm 3Line (Dr. Roller)
1.5mm (Dr. Roller)

Rankings in order of importance for Beth:
1.0mm (Dr. Roller)
1.0mm 3Line (Dr. Roller)
.15mm (the Leaf & Rusher Dr. Roller)

5% products discount

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Quick question for anyone who cares to answer. Has anyone seen improvement rolling their chest area? I read some posts a while back that there was some trouble with this area. I'm wondering if anyone is still doing it, what the problems are they want to address, how they go about it, and of course are they seeing improvement?
Thanks.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm taking the conservative route. I have a .25mm and a 1.5mm. Reading chinachatters' tale scared me a little! I'm doing the 1.5mm on its own every fortnight, (3 more to go with the 1.5mm as I felt I wasn't very thorough before I bought pain relief!). I'll do the .25mm once a week thereafter.

My skin still gets upset using the .25mm, inflamed and red, stinging, some blood spots, though I don't have the pain that I soothe with Benzocaine after a 1.5mm session! If I didn't put it on I wouldn't get any sleep! Surprised

I really want to try my "cheaper" 1.5mm on my cellulite-y bits but I'm scared I might itch and sting like crazy. Maybe after one night on the vodkas I'll take the plunge!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly wrote:
Quick question for anyone who cares to answer. Has anyone seen improvement rolling their chest area? I read some posts a while back that there was some trouble with this area. I'm wondering if anyone is still doing it, what the problems are they want to address, how they go about it, and of course are they seeing improvement?
Thanks.

I am rolling my chest. The problems I wanted to address are mild hyperpigmentation and beginning stages of chest wrinkles...I don't see any during the day, but when I wake up in the morning, I will have some chest wrinkles from sleeping on my side.

I have noticed an improvement in the texture of the skin...it is smoother, and feels a bit thicker. But the hyperpigmentation is still there (probably because I can't use Retin A on my chest) and it's still too early to see drastic improvement on the wrinkles. Though come to think of it, I haven't noticed them lately at all...I'll have to watch more closely for this.

Lessons I have learned for my chest are that I have to use shorter needles (.5mm is the max I use on my chest) and limited actives, or I get horrible histimine bumps and out of control irritation/itching.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:

Here is a thread on Vit C that should have some sources for you. You will apply it once a day, or at least every other day for at least 3 weeks after you stop rolling.

You can use the .25mm in between longer needle rolls, but more gently...you only need to puncture the skin for it to be effective.

Do I have to use CP's as well? I hear alot of people talk about this but then again I also read that Vitamin A & C are enough. I just want to use whats best for my stretchmarks w/o using tons of creams.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |