Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just started rolling my arms recently, and all I can say is WOW!!! I am surprised at how much better the texture of my forearms look, and I don't even have much sun damage! Shock

I also noticed that the pigmentation on my hands is now 100% GONE...all I have done is use Retin A 2x a week, dermaroll once every 4-6 weeks (after my initial series of 6 weekly rolls followed by 90 days off) followed by Retin A, and then 3 days of 302 A Boost and C Boost after each roll. And now I have new hands again....it is really pretty amazing.

I do still have a couple of little colorless bumps of what looks to be abnormal skin cells. I am going to be watching those closely, and if they do not disappear soon, I may have to have them zapped off to the derm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I did it again....used Emla did my face not the forehead for some reason its too painful even with Emla there...I applied nothing for 20 mins then took out a collagen mask...wow!!! Its something !!!!! My skin looks so good and its after the roll would look lot better tomorrow Cool ...I thought I should share it with you guys..Its an hour post rolling and my skin looks amazing and its glowing I am thrilled....ladies try it after rolling and see for urself.I used the dermafresh collagen mask from the drug store..............Love it....
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
simplemd

what kind of skin and issues do you have? I would be afraid to apply a mask of that type to my oily, acne prone skin. I just have some laxity issues and a few wrinkles I need to deal with. No dryness or overall texture problems.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe,

My skin is acne prone and very sensitive..I can only use few products.It does not contain anything that would cause the problem..at least it did not cause any problem for me ...you should at least give it a try it will give you that lift we all want..I was amazed .
I am 35 but starting to see the damage on my skin due to acne scars and those hideous open pores!!!!Not many wrinkles but I think I am obsessed with the idea of preventing it before I get them .....so doing whatever I can do to get a better skin...
This mask at drug stores is made in Italy the brand I used was dermafresh look at the ingredients before you buy..... and try at least once 30 mins after rolling..you will see the difference.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just did a roll after using Obagi Nu Derm for 6 weeks straight. Tonight was a totally different ballgame for me. I had a lot of blood specks, way more than I ever have, as well as pain! I am not sure why it hurt tonight, but rolling above my lips brought tears to my eyes tonight! I followed the roll with Retin A all over, and CPx2 used on my vertical lip lines, as well as the glabellar lines. I will not roll again until I am done with my 2nd cycle of Nu Derm, which will be in 6 more weeks.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
anya wrote:
Bethany, did you ask your Derm for a numbing cream recommendation? I recall you had an appointment last Friday. Also dying to know what you think of the Emla cream Wink.

I did ask her, and she gave me some free stuff to try...two good size tubs. I opened them when I got home, and found that they were a benzocaine (20%), lidocaine (10%), tetracaine (4%) mix...which I know from past experience that I am allergic to (Super T is similar, but weaker).

I may try it on a small area anyway....a little irritation will go great with my black eye. Cool

All I can say is WOW!!! Shock

I decided to do a targeted roll just on my forehead and neck lines (which are both painful for me), and I put the EMLA on one and the Derm stuff on the other...there is NO comparison. The derm stuff (see formula above) is about as close to rolling dead/nerveless skin as I can imagine!

Granted, I have indeed had some irritation from this kind of mixture in the past, but if the goal is to induce inflammation, then irritation is probably a good thing. I decided to make the most of it, and am going to roll the rest of my face, even though I really don't like rolling more than once every 2 weeks or so. But I figure a series of rolls won't kill me if I then take a longer break.

I don't want to roll and do Nu Derm at the same time, so maybe I'll knock out a series of 6 and then take another 90-120 day break from rolling all together and do the Nu Derm regimen.

Ok...off to finish my roll!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I just did a roll after using Obagi Nu Derm for 6 weeks straight. Tonight was a totally different ballgame for me. I had a lot of blood specks, way more than I ever have, as well as pain! I am not sure why it hurt tonight, but rolling above my lips brought tears to my eyes tonight! I followed the roll with Retin A all over, and CPx2 used on my vertical lip lines, as well as the glabellar lines. I will not roll again until I am done with my 2nd cycle of Nu Derm, which will be in 6 more weeks.

Riley, welcome to my world of pain. Very Happy

I am betting the increased Retin A is rejuvenating your blood vessels and the nerves in you skin...it's actually a GOOD thing!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am betting the increased Retin A is rejuvenating your blood vessels and the nerves in you skin...it's actually a GOOD thing!!

Thanks! Laughing

I sure hope it is a good thing, Bethany. I can't say that I enjoyed the pain, but I am hoping your theory is correct on the rejuvenation aspect. I would definitely like to see some results, especially after really "feeling it" for the first time!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I am betting the increased Retin A is rejuvenating your blood vessels and the nerves in your skin...it's actually a GOOD thing!!

Thanks! Laughing

I sure hope it is a good thing, Bethany. I can't say that I enjoyed the pain, but I am hoping your theory is correct on the rejuvenation aspect. I would definitely like to see some results, especially after really "feeling it" for the first time!

More pain = more nerves which can only mean more rejuvenation. Smile

I am bleeding horribly tonight...as in major streams of blood running down my face and dripping on my chest. Shock But I am going for it and doing a very intense roll...I am done my face and neck, and am getting ready to do my chest and breasts. I also did a penetration roll with my .15mm on my hands and arms, but they really don't need any longer needles than that.

I have a hard time believing that a medical roll could be $3k more effective than what I am putting myself through tonight!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have a hard time believing that a medical roll could be $3k more effective than what I am putting myself through tonight!

For the curious and the doubters, this is a pic of AFTER I have cleaned the majority of the blood off so that I can continue the roll...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Lord, Bethany. That looks horrible. I do not get anywhere near that much blood and I have a platelet disorder! I sure hope your results are worth it!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
My roll is done, and I am VERY glad to be though the pain/torture.

I still haven't ordered my 1.5mm 3Line from Jack yet, but I need to do so on Monday. If I am going to torture myself, it needs to be effective as possible!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Oh, Lord, Bethany. That looks horrible. I do not get anywhere near that much blood and I have a platelet disorder! I sure hope your results are worth it!

That is the after the majority of the blood has been cleaned up, lol. But my results have definitely been worth it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
My God Bethany You are a real Roller girl .....I almost fainted after looking at this ....I hope results are worth the pain you went through.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
So, Bethany, what size of roller did you use that created all that blood?
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Can I ask you guys what you are using to numb your face? Ice doesn't interest me. I used my .5 roller yesterday for the first time and it hurt pretty bad. I want to start rolling once a week with my 1.5 roller but if I can't take the pain from the .5 I don't know how I'll tolerate the 1.5. Are any of you using a good nubing cream and if so can you name it and where you get it from? I really want to roll but I need to use something to numb my face to tolerate it. At least in the beginning. I hope my face will become accustomed to it after time.

Wow Bethany, I saw the pic of your neck and chest roll!! How do you stand the pain? I'm not afraid of needles or blood but tolerating the pain to get a good roll in is a different story. I appreciate any info you gals can give me about numbing products!! TIA !!!
Neenersan

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I just thought I'd tell you that I ordered a 1.5 Dr. Roller from dr-roller.eu and it only cost $69 and that includes shipping. According to the email I just received I should have it by Nov. 22. Thanks Mishey, for the link.

I'm going on the HCG diet this week for 23 days (hopefully it won't take a second round) then I'm going to start rolling. By the end of the year I should look like I did when I was 30. Okay, maybe not 30, but I sure won't look like an overweight 62-year-old great grandma like I do now. Don't get me wrong...I don't mind being a great grandma...I just don't want to look like one.

By the way, bethany, where did you get the ingredients for your numbing formula? Can I just get them from my friendly, neighborhood CVS pharmacy?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
So, Bethany, what size of roller did you use that created all that blood?

That was with a 1.5mm. But I get similar bleeding from a 1.0mm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Bethany that's one fantastic roll you did on your neck and chest Shock Brava!!! You're an inspiration!!

So did you feel any pain at all, or did the Derm's concoction completely numb your skin? If so, I'll take the formula to my Dr. and have him write a prescription for it.

I did another roll a few days ago using Tridocaine and quite honestly, I didn't feel any numbness at all Sad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
Can I ask you guys what you are using to numb your face? Ice doesn't interest me. I used my .5 roller yesterday for the first time and it hurt pretty bad. I want to start rolling once a week with my 1.5 roller but if I can't take the pain from the .5 I don't know how I'll tolerate the 1.5. Are any of you using a good nubing cream and if so can you name it and where you get it from? I really want to roll but I need to use something to numb my face to tolerate it. At least in the beginning. I hope my face will become accustomed to it after time.

EMLA is probably the easiest to acquire...I bought mine from some Canadian online pharmacy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Bethany that's one fantastic roll you did on your neck and chest Shock Brava!!! You're an inspiration!!

So did you feel any pain at all, or did the Derm's concoction completely numb your skin? If so, I'll take the formula to my Dr. and have him write a prescription for it.

I did another roll a few days ago using Tridocaine and quite honestly, I didn't feel any numbness at all Sad

This was the closest to numb that I have been...I seem to be pretty ultra sensitive, and I give the combination 2 thumbs up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

You are one tough cookie!!! I would not be able to stomach that much blood Shock I hardly get any blood on my face or neck and I have a 1.5 mm. I'm probably not rolling hard enough because I'm not totally numb.

Are you using LED afterwards? I think it could help speed up the healing and reduce the inflammation and hyperpigmentation faster.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Bethany,

You are one tough cookie!!! I would not be able to stomach that much blood Shock I hardly get any blood on my face or neck and I have a 1.5 mm. I'm probably not rolling hard enough because I'm not totally numb.

Are you using LED afterwards? I think it could help speed up the healing and reduce the inflammation and hyperpigmentation faster.

Nope...no LED. The inflammation is an important part of the wound healing cascade, and I just let it do it's thing.

But I do look pretty bad today...part of that is due to the numbing cream, since I know that either the tetracaine or the benzocaine causes some serious irritation for me. The areas where I didn't use it look ok.

As far as the bleeding...pics of medical rolls always look really bloody, and since I am trying to replicate that I was never really concerned about the bleeding. I do think the 1.5mm causes a little more bleeding than the 1.0mm for me, but the bleeding really picked up after I started using Retin A or retinol every day. Retinols/retinoic acid increase your vascular network within your skin, and that means more blood vessles for me to poke when rolling. Very Happy

Quote:
Over the long term there occurs formation of many new small blood vessels, markedly increasing the functional blood supply to the skin. As a result, the skin can react more effectively to external sources of damage and can then mount a more normal inflammatory response to fight infection. The increased blood supply allows the skin to clear irritants and toxins more quickly.
http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=1988000466&IA=WO1988000466&DISPLAY=DESC

Bleeding is actually an important part of the process:

Quote:
..when thousands or tens of thousands of fine pricks are placed close to each other and one gets a field effect, because the bleeding is virtually confluent. This promotes the normal post-traumatic release of growth factors and infiltration of fibroblasts. This reaction is automatic and produces a surge of activity that inevitably leads to the fibroblasts being ‘‘instructed’’ to produce more collagen and elastin. The collagen is laid down in the upper dermis just below the basal layer of the epidermis.
http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

I wonder if the intensity of my rolls and the resulting blood is part of the reason I have had such great results? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Bleeding is actually an important part of the process:

Quote:
..when thousands or tens of thousands of fine pricks are placed close to each other and one gets a field effect, because the bleeding is virtually confluent. This promotes the normal post-traumatic release of growth factors and infiltration of fibroblasts. This reaction is automatic and produces a surge of activity that inevitably leads to the fibroblasts being ‘‘instructed’’ to produce more collagen and elastin. The collagen is laid down in the upper dermis just below the basal layer of the epidermis.
http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

I wonder if the intensity of my rolls and the resulting blood is part of the reason I have had such great results? Confused

I think it's a good possibility, more blood=better results. The blood itself has many components that promote the collagen and elastin growth. I've been reading, off and on, this thread about injecting autologous or your own blood into acne scars to correct them. It has to be fresh, non-coagulated blood, so you get a syringe, draw out blood from yourself and reinject into the scars immediately. It's free and there is no chance of an allergic reaction. You have to use sterile technique and be willing to poke yourself and have a red spot on your face for a week or so though. You essentially are replicating hematomas, similar to what you are doing by running the roller over and over your skin and creating the excessive bleeding. This bulgarian doctor has been posting about it on acne.org. He seems to know what he is talking about. I see no reason why it wouldn't work on wrinkles as well. So your theory may be right.

Here's the doctor's thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Autologous-Blood-Injectio-t202694.html
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
bthany - that was quite a roll. does your face turn out like that as well??

I have not produced anything like that at all yet. I will the next time tho, now that I have some Emla.

As far as 'cleaning up' the blood post roll - have you tried saline soaked guaze pads afterwards? I thought I read that somewhere.

Oh - and can I ask? How old are you? (You have a nice, young looking neck)

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |