Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you with pigmentation issues:

Australian Cosmetic Surgery Magazine contains an add for the Dermaroller and two products to be used in conjunction with it - D:Light System and D:Crease System. The label on the De:Light System bottle says Neova Manganese Skin Brightening Serum.

"The D:LIGHT System works by brightening your skin! This system of the Dermaroller will stimulate your collagen and also will provide a delivery for the mineral, Manganese. Manganese helps to lighten and brighten discolouration, uneven skins and will also stimulate it too! Ideal treatment for those with pigmentation concerns."

I have never heard of Manganese as a skin lightener before. Unfortunately, the add does not list the ingredients for the serum. However, I thought this might be of interest to those of you that are battling with pigmentation.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Australian Cosmetic Surgery Magazine contains an add for the Dermaroller and two products to be used in conjunction with it - D:Light System and D:Crease System. The label on the De:Light System bottle says Neova Manganese Skin Brightening Serum.

"The D:LIGHT System works by brightening your skin! This system of the Dermaroller will stimulate your collagen and also will provide a delivery for the mineral, Manganese. Manganese helps to lighten and brighten discolouration, uneven skins and will also stimulate it too! Ideal treatment for those with pigmentation concerns."

I have never heard of Manganese as a skin lightener before. Unfortunately, the add does not list the ingredients for the serum. However, I thought this might be of interest to those of you that are battling with pigmentation.

That would be ME!! Thanks for letting us know about this. Smile

Quote:
Neova Manganese Skin Brightening Serum helps to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation or age spots in just 12 weeks. This clinically proven formula utilizes Manganese, an essential mineral (like Copper), and a component of important anti-oxidative enzymes involved in the defenses against UV induced photoaging.

This lightweight serum nourishes the skin, improving skin texture while leaving skin youthful and radiant. The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are diminished and overall skin clarity is improved.

Benefits:

Unique, antioxidant-rich formulation is scientifically proven to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and photoaging by 30%.
Lightweight serum nourishes and improves skin texture, while diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Improves overall skin clarity for a youthful and radiant glow.
Non-irritating formulation.
Smooth, non-tacky application.

Directions For Use:
Apply 1 to 2 pumps to face and neck after cleansing. Allow to fully absorb before applying moisturizer or sunscreen.

Ingredients:
Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-8, Propylene Glycol, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Glucosamine HCI, Manganese Tripeptide-1, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Sorbitol, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Diisospropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Diisostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Tocopherol, Oryzanol, Ubiquinone, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PPG-26- Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance.

http://www.skinstore.com/p-6314-neova-manganese-skin-brightening-serum-by-procyte.aspx

5% products discount

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Wow!!! So cool. Thank you for posting your routine Bethany. I am putting it in my notes. Ihave a whole file on skin needeling with all the articles on skin needeling that Bethany put together.

I just spent 350 bucks at lotion crafter (she is really great) on books to educate my self and equipment. I really want to learn the ins and outs of making a few specific anti-aging & anti-acne cosmetics for the skin.

I have decided to get my Clinical Esthetician certificate 600 hrs the school in my area offers gov financial aid too. In the mean time to get started I have on order a scale, beakers, mixing spatulas and the following books to keep me occupied until shool starts:

-Preservatives for Cosmetics
-Soap & Cosmetic Labeling (explains proper labeling so FDA doesn’t shut you down)
-Cosmeceuticals: Active Skin Treatment
-Beginning Cosmetic Chemistry

It would be so cool to top it all off by getting trained/certified in skin needling so that I can offer this to clients. I wonder if only dermatologists can be trained to offer skin needling. I am going to research it and try to find out.

I guess I will have to start off by doing it on my self first. I will have to read this thread again from the beginning.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:
It would be so cool to top it all off by getting trained/certified in skin needling so that I can offer this to clients. I wonder if only dermatologists can be trained to offer skin needling. I am going to research it and try to find out.

I have read about estheticians doing it with .5mm needles, but most articles generally talk about doctors doing it.

Check out the articles in the CIT/Dermarollers thread...there is one that is specifically addressing doctors on how to integrtate it into their practice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Thanks for posting that, Keliu. Very interesting. I don't suppose it showed any before/after pictures?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I don't suppose it showed any before/after pictures?

No, unfortunately not. Also, I've been doing some research on Manganese for skin lightening but haven't found anything yet. It would be good if we could just purchase the Manganese Peptide by itself. Will keep searching for more info.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Keliu. I remember trying to find info on the Manganese when it first came out, but was unable to at the time. Keep us posted if you dig up anything!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

I remember you posting pics of your undereye area after a roll - you wouldn't happen to know what page that was on, would you? The search feature isn't helping me at all. I actually chickened out on rolling the top of my left eye last night because the right one had some alarming things going on (visually, at least) and I can't remember offhand how yours looked. In any event, I was getting these deep purple welts coming up and it scared me away from finishing my eyes. Today, it just looks really bruised, so I guess I overreacted. But, last night... yikes!

Also, THANKYOU again for posting the recent set - that is exactly how I looked last night in the areas I spot-treated with the 1.5mm 3-line. Had I not known what to expect, I probably would have wimped out before doing enough to get any results.

Bottom line, the photos are *really* helpful (and appreciated)! Smile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I rolled again yesterday, and, thanks to bethany posting those pics, I was able to get the same results!

I still even have trackmarks today, along w/ the sunburn look. My 11's (one 11, really) has disappeared under some inflammation. Hope the collagen kicks in to fill that spot in.

The elma really helped - except for the upper lip area. I think I need to numb the lips up themselves so I can get the roller closer to the edge of the lip.

After getting results like I did from my roll yesterday, I don't really think I got much from my first few rolls. Those were probably more like .15mm rolls the way my skin looked afterwards.

So, I've done 5.5 rolls (skipped my cheeks once) over the last 3.5 months. Do I take a break now? I wonder, since I don't think the first few rolls did anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Bethany,

I remember you posting pics of your undereye area after a roll - you wouldn't happen to know what page that was on, would you?

Bottom line, the photos are *really* helpful (and appreciated)! Smile

No problem...I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that officially matches the pictures of the medical roll victims!

Here is the pic of under my eye...this is a couple of days after a roll with a 3Line.

While I get the bruises under my eyes the next day, I have never had any purple welts appear while rolling. Shock That would have scared me too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I still even have trackmarks today, along w/ the sunburn look. My 11's (one 11, really) has disappeared under some inflammation. Hope the collagen kicks in to fill that spot in.

After getting results like I did from my roll yesterday, I don't really think I got much from my first few rolls. Those were probably more like .15mm rolls the way my skin looked afterwards.

So, I've done 5.5 rolls (skipped my cheeks once) over the last 3.5 months. Do I take a break now? I wonder, since I don't think the first few rolls did anything.

Foxe, I think my great results have been due to the intensity of my rolls, so hopefully you will see the same benefits.

I kept wondering how people could be rolling all the time, not need numbing cream, and look like nothing happened to their skin. I suspected that I was rolling in a very different manner, and now I know that is the case...I am not just nuts! Very Happy

How often have you been rolling? Since you have not had intense rolls with lots of inflammation, there is probably no reason to take a break yet.

Editing to add: Are you using a 3Line above your lips? I think the regular roller is great for the up and down rolls, but using a 3Line from side to side is a whole new ball game!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Editing to add: Are you using a 3Line above your lips? I think the regular roller is great for the up and down rolls, but using a 3Line from side to side is a whole new ball game!

Gah, I tried using the 3 line above my lip. Owwww!!! Either I need to take up drinking - or I need a stronger numbing cream.

But, on a good note, I had a recent "ding" on my forehead (hiking + branch + not paying attention = ding) that looked like it was going to leave a pitted scar. I was putting lots of Neosporin on it - and, after the scab fell off, I got really worried. So, I dermarolled the heck out of the spot - and, afterwards, the skin thickened up - and then sloughed off in a big sheet. (Ew, gross, I know - but between the Exfoderm and dermarolling, my forehead never had a chance.) I'm very pleased to report that it looks like scarring has been averted... (Either that, or my hitting my head on a branch has addled my brains and I don't know what I'm talking about anymore...) Anxious
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Any other suggestions what I can use for as an antibacterial/antiseptic cleanser. There aren't too many alternatives in Australia, sigh!

You can use Isocol Rubbing Alcohol which is available in Oz.
mila100
5% products discount

Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking to buy dermarollers on dermarollers.us and I was wondering if someone bought from them before and could give me a feedback on the quality. How are they compared to Dr.Rollers.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Here is the pic of under my eye...this is a couple of days after a roll with a 3Line.

While I get the bruises under my eyes the next day, I have never had any purple welts appear while rolling. Shock That would have scared me too!

Thanks for re-posting that, I needed the reassurance Laughing

I just took a few pics right now; I have to laugh at how well the track lines are showing up (hope these aren't too big):

(left eye)

(left eye)

(right eye)

I think overall, the damage looks about normal, but I'm glad I held back. There's a part of me that still wanted to just go for broke, welts and all. This is becoming a strange * spam alert * Silenced
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I think overall, the damage looks about normal, but I'm glad I held back. There's a part of me that still wanted to just go for broke, welts and all. This is becoming a strange * spam alert * Silenced

I know exactly what you mean! Between the dermarolling and the facial exercise, I am really hoping to shave off a significant number of visual years in the next 12 months! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
mila100 wrote:
I am looking to buy dermarollers on dermarollers.us and I was wondering if someone bought from them before and could give me a feedback on the quality. How are they compared to Dr.Rollers.

Mila, since you posted the same question on 2 threads, I will answer you on this one:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392&start=125

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I was wondering this too, since my previous roll with the 1mm was not intense enough. I just waited two full weeks, to be on the safe side. After last night's roll, it will be at least 3 weeks before I go for another round. I should probably stretch it out to four weeks, but pain and misery aside, I find I have to really force myself to wait so long Embarassed
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
foxe wrote:

I was wondering this too, since my previous roll with the 1mm was not intense enough. I just waited two full weeks, to be on the safe side. After last night's roll, it will be at least 3 weeks before I go for another round. I should probably stretch it out to four weeks, but pain and misery aside, I find I have to really force myself to wait so long Embarassed

Lately I have snuck in a few targeted rolls, like on my forehead lines every 2 weeks. But I am pretty strict on waiting 4-6 weeks for a full roll. And my chest is definitely NEVER more frequent than every 4-6 weeks...rolling too frequently causes mine to become hyper sensitive. Embarassed

I am planning to continue the targeted rolls every 2 weeks through the end of the year on my forehead lines and neck lines, and the full rolls once a month. Then I will probably take a couple months off and start back on the Nu Derm regimen.

Editing to add:
If you want to roll something, why not do you arms and hands on a different week than your face? That way you can feel like you are doing something, but not overwork one area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
bethany wrote:

Gah, I tried using the 3 line above my lip. Owwww!!! Either I need to take up drinking - or I need a stronger numbing cream.

But, on a good note, I had a recent "ding" on my forehead (hiking + branch + not paying attention = ding) that looked like it was going to leave a pitted scar. I was putting lots of Neosporin on it - and, after the scab fell off, I got really worried. So, I dermarolled the heck out of the spot - and, afterwards, the skin thickened up - and then sloughed off in a big sheet. (Ew, gross, I know - but between the Exfoderm and dermarolling, my forehead never had a chance.) I'm very pleased to report that it looks like scarring has been averted... (Either that, or my hitting my head on a branch has addled my brains and I don't know what I'm talking about anymore...) Anxious

Oh my..that sounds horrid! I would expect that there is still some residual inflammation, but hopefully after a couple of months the micro-inflammation will be completely gone and any scar will be as well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Ninetynine wrote:
Any other suggestions what I can use for as an antibacterial/antiseptic cleanser. There aren't too many alternatives in Australia, sigh!

You can use Isocol Rubbing Alcohol which is available in Oz.

Hi Keliu

I found the Isocol Rubbing Alcohol on the weekend but it doesn't come in a spray. I plan to use it for soaking the roller every few weeks but I also want a spray so that I can spray the brush every time before I use it.

I want something to clean and wipe down my face before and after a roll. Do you think I can use a very weak Dettol solution for wiping down my face?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
I want something to clean and wipe down my face before and after a roll. Do you think I can use a very weak Dettol solution for wiping down my face?

I don't see why not - all you're trying to do is create a sterile environment in which to roll. Any anti-bacterial solution that's meant for the skin should do. You can always transfer it into a plastic spray bottle.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:40 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

How often have you been rolling? Since you have not had intense rolls with lots of inflammation, there is probably no reason to take a break yet.

I've been rolling either every 2, 3 or 4 wks, and that depended on either waiting for my numbing cream or waiting for my tea tree oil disaster to settle down. Rolling Eyes I think I might wait a bit before I roll again, tho. Today, my face is still red (fading) and is doing a bit of flaking/looking very dry. That was an intense roll I did!

I don't have a 3 Line roller (yet). I would like to get one, tho. Nice to hear it works great on horizontal rolls (just how some of those forehead wrinkles lie).

5% products discount

Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I've used Emla twice with my 1.5 dermaroller. However, I obviously did not read the directions on the package since I never placed an occlusive dressing (aka plastic wrap) after applying the EMLA.

Is everyone using plastic wrap? I have the opportunity to do an aggressive Bethan type roll since I have 6 days away from work. Very Happy
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Everybody, Bethany, I just saw your pic posted Nov. 9. My oh my! Shock

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |