Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hyeonjlee
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
what is bactine?

Where do I get it?
EMR
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:

EMR - i've only got a minute, but wanted say congrats!! - i posted to this yesterday or the daybefore, but some how i got bumped off....so here is the abridge version...sounds like you got a great roll!! - the blood is kind of shocking isn't it - i just want to mention that i get all the noise/popping when i roll, but i don't get the drag, or sticking, that you spoke of. My suggestion would be to get a magnifying glass and look over your roller to make sure none of the needles are bent - bent needles can cause scarring - if you find any, just pull them out w/ plyers! and ya!! don't you LOVE that post roll visible inflamation - i thought i was hot stuff for like 5 days!
best
m
ps
you HAVE joined a club!!
and - i'm coming up on my second roll next week YIPPEEEE!!

Thanks Moon,

Ya know I'm keeping track of your roller girl experience......There's something hugely masochistic...and yet addictive to this - I want to roll again and now! But I will wait the full 6 - 8 weeks....just can't bear to let the swelling go.......
Janabanana
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am awaiting my derma rolling kit and was wondering what is the best topicals to use with this system. I've read the posts for about a week now and if someone could sum up what's worked the best, I would appriciate it greatly.
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I've read forums till my eyes are sore, this one, SkinBio's, and acne.org's on dermarolling and after much searching of the web, I finally ordered one! Just wanted to let you all know that dermarollers.us is having a sale all rollers are 25% off and shipping is free, it just says for a limited time so I don't know how long. Also, John was quick to answer my questions and was very helpful, so the customer service was great too! If you like these rollers this is a great time to save for example, the 1.5mm 3 line is on sale for $45!
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Maria_312 wrote:
Also, Moongoddess - what size of dermaroller do you use, and do you think it would be beneficial for me?

I am 25 and I wouldn't be using it for wrinkles (yet), just acne scars...do you think I would see results?

I should mention I've been off Accutane for a month and a half now, I suppose I should wait a few months before I go ahead with this treatment, no?

hi maria

your post hit a very tender spot in me as my scaring is because of accutane! i used it for minor acne (15 years ago at age 31) and it gave me cystic acne and the scarring that goes with it....first, YES, i think DR will help w/ your scarring, but before you begin, here is my best advice (which is really bethany's advice) read the last 20 (maybe 24 at this point) pages of this thread and you'll get all the vital information...personally, i would wait a few months to get the accutane completely out of your system...you need to use a 1.5mm Dermaroller - anything less won't go deep enough. Again, read the last 20+ pages - you MUST UNDERSTAND what you are doing so you can roll in the most hygenic and effective manner. some people need major anesthetic, i didn't use any and it didn't hurt , so we're all different. Also, the Dr. DermaRoller is crosshatched which i believe is more effective but hurts more...i am quite happy with my uniform needles though i did just purchase the crosshatch...i say, start as kind as possible. you can pm me if you want - i'm a bit busy, but i will reply when i can...
you are way ahead of the "game" so take it slow
best
m
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:11 am      Reply with quote
EMR wrote:
moongoddess wrote:

EMR - i've only got a minute, but wanted say congrats!! - i posted to this yesterday or the daybefore, but some how i got bumped off....so here is the abridge version...sounds like you got a great roll!! - the blood is kind of shocking isn't it - i just want to mention that i get all the noise/popping when i roll, but i don't get the drag, or sticking, that you spoke of. My suggestion would be to get a magnifying glass and look over your roller to make sure none of the needles are bent - bent needles can cause scarring - if you find any, just pull them out w/ plyers! and ya!! don't you LOVE that post roll visible inflamation - i thought i was hot stuff for like 5 days!
best
m
ps
you HAVE joined a club!!
and - i'm coming up on my second roll next week YIPPEEEE!!

Thanks Moon,

Ya know I'm keeping track of your roller girl experience......There's something hugely masochistic...and yet addictive to this - I want to roll again and now! But I will wait the full 6 - 8 weeks....just can't bear to let the swelling go.......

EMR
LOL - you are such a kindred...my experience EXACTLY...keep us posted!
best
m
Maria_312
5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Moongoddess,
I may just have to take you up on that PM offer!

Hopefully you won't forget about me, because I will wait a couple of months before I do the dermarolling to make sure the Accutane is out of my system for good.

All I wished for was clear skin, and I didn't expect the scarring (that I didn't have prior) that went along with it.

I wish all the other dermarollers best of luck! Hope we all get the results we wish for!
Maria_312
5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to be so bothersome, but I have one more question;

How long do the results from dermarolling last?

Are they kind of like botox, you know, work for a pretty limited time, or is dermarolling something you have to continually do to preserve the effects?

Is there a point where you can stop and keep the benefits?

I would use it at this time for scarring. In a few years perhaps, I'd pick it up again and use it for wrinkles, etc.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Maria_312 wrote:
I'm sorry to be so bothersome, but I have one more question;

How long do the results from dermarolling last?

Are they kind of like botox, you know, work for a pretty limited time, or is dermarolling something you have to continually do to preserve the effects?

Is there a point where you can stop and keep the benefits?

I would use it at this time for scarring. In a few years perhaps, I'd pick it up again and use it for wrinkles, etc.

If you roll correctly and have a great response, the new collagen will last quite some time. But all cells break down over time and need to be replaced...since we do not generate new cells as quickly as we did when were were younger, the dermaroller helps initiate development of a larger amount of collagen...then hopefully you just have to do touchups on an ongoing basis, especially is you are doing other things that help promote cellular development like facial exercises.

I personally plan on rolling 2-4 times a year now, but not more frequently than that. But I am also doing Ageless If You Dare exercises, and currently testing the STOP as well.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany!

Moongoddess mentioned the Dr.Roller brand, do you have a particular brand you suggest?

Is it a good to start with the crosshatched version, as I read is more painful?

What would be a good vitamin a+c creme/product to start prepping my face with when I am ready to start?

I'm such a newbie!
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Maria_312 wrote:
Thanks Moongoddess,
I may just have to take you up on that PM offer!

Hopefully you won't forget about me, because I will wait a couple of months before I do the dermarolling to make sure the Accutane is out of my system for good.

All I wished for was clear skin, and I didn't expect the scarring (that I didn't have prior) that went along with it.

I wish all the other dermarollers best of luck! Hope we all get the results we wish for!

i'll remember you maria. and my accutane experience was exactly the same - all i wanted was my constant small breakouts to clear up and what i got was cyctic acne and scarring...

don't forget to read the last 20 pages (and take notes so you'll remember)
best
m
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Maria_312 wrote:
Thanks Bethany!

Moongoddess mentioned the Dr.Roller brand, do you have a particular brand you suggest?

Is it a good to start with the crosshatched version, as I read is more painful?

What would be a good vitamin a+c creme/product to start prepping my face with when I am ready to start?

I'm such a newbie!

I only use the Dr. Roller brand because the cross-hatched needles penetrate deeper...and that needle penetration is the ONLY way dermarolling works. My personal view is if I am going to punch a gazillion holes in my face, they may as well be effective!

At your age, I would definitely recommend 302 Skincare...especially since you have acne scars. Check out Boski's pics on page one of the 302 thread on the Product Reviews forum...she got rid of her acne scars by using 302 (including the 302 Protein Drops) and dermarolling.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28855

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I had a little browse around the Flexeffect forum and lilithd B made this comment about Dermarolling:

"I'm particularly interested in whether wrinkles are actually better treated with specific needling in the wrinkle itself, rather than overall rolling. It seems logical that if you want more collagen in the wrinkle to plump it out, rolling the entire surrounding area might be a little counterproductive."

I have a hollow between my brows (frowning and old acne scars) and I did think the same thing when I considered Dermarolling originally. Does anyone think "spot treating" by needling is a better option for scars/wrinkles?

Apologies if this subject has been covered, I don't think it has Smile

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I had a little browse around the Flexeffect forum and lilithd B made this comment about Dermarolling:

"I'm particularly interested in whether wrinkles are actually better treated with specific needling in the wrinkle itself, rather than overall rolling. It seems logical that if you want more collagen in the wrinkle to plump it out, rolling the entire surrounding area might be a little counterproductive."

I have a hollow between my brows (frowning and old acne scars) and I did think the same thing when I considered Dermarolling originally. Does anyone think "spot treating" by needling is a better option for scars/wrinkles?

Apologies if this subject has been covered, I don't think it has Smile

Believe it or not, it has been covered! Foxe posted about needle subcision, and I think she had some results on upper lip lines. Lowbrowscientist also tried is, and I think her final takeaway was they she used the wrong type of needle (a diabetic lancet) and was not happy the last time she commented on that (maybe she will post an update).

IMHO, for people in their late-30's and up, I think that treating just a wrinkle keeps you from benefiting from increased collagen production as a whole. It is certainly not counterproductive in any way since collagen decreases as you age.

But if I was young and had just a couple of acne scars that were not in close proximity, I would definitely consider just treating them instead of the whole face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
[/quote]Believe it or not, it has been covered! Foxe posted about needle subcision, and I think she had some results on upper lip lines. Lowbrowscientist also tried is, and I think her final takeaway was they she used the wrong type of needle (a diabetic lancet) and was not happy the last time she commented on that (maybe she will post an update).

IMHO, for people in their late-30's and up, I think that treating just a wrinkle keeps you from benefiting from increased collagen production as a whole. It is certainly not counterproductive in any way since collagen decreases as you age.

But if I was young and had just a couple of acne scars that were not in close proximity, I would definitely consider just treating them instead of the whole face.[/quote]

I remember reading about needling on this thread, I meant more how effective it is regarding wrinkle/scar filling versus dermarolling. Is rolling the whole face instead of targeting areas "counterproductive"?

Foxe, do you do rolling too (I think she does?).

Bethany, it's a good point that you feel needling on its own is missing out on increased collagen production and rolling is more beneficial as a whole. I must've missed that bit Smile

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Janabanana
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here and trying to figure out how to go about ordering goodies. Could someone tell me how to go about ordering from 302? I see the list in their website but no way to order. Plus could anyone recommend what products to use while undergoing the derma-torture. I've read most of the 113 pages of posts and seems a lot of folks have several different ideas. If anyone has been doing the roller and found some great products please share it.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
i only have a 2mm is that safe to use on your face or does it go too deep? i cant afford to buy a new one now.

and has anyone used the roller on their knees for red and kinda rough skin? i use lotion but its not enough.i guess it doesnt hurt to try anyway.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
i only have a 2mm is that safe to use on your face or does it go too deep? i cant afford to buy a new one now.

and has anyone used the roller on their knees for red and kinda rough skin? i use lotion but its not enough.i guess it doesnt hurt to try anyway.

very important
is that 2.0mm OR .2mm - big difference. bethany can answer you better, but i recall reading that you can not get past 1.5mm into the skin so the "big guns" are actually useless...but also, i have read a bit of conflicting info on that - having used the 1.5 i have NO INTEREST in using anything that could possibly penetrate deeper (and possibly create more damage) - - i would check into the links bethany has posted for info. about Dermarolling they're very informative.
also, becareful using a dermaroller on irrate skin - it really sounds like you should do more reading - there are some absolute NO NO's - don't roll when broken out, don't roll on moles, don't roll w/ excema - don't know what's going on w/ your knees maybe they're just winter dry...good luck
i'm sure someone will give you better answers than this, so hang tight..
m
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:

The only people that should consider using a 2mm are the people with extensive acne scarring.

Please also keep in mind that the longer the needles, the faster they become dull. You do NOT want to use a dull roller on your face.

Regarding the knees...if you have red irritated skin there, you need to figure out why and treat that accordingly. Dermarolling could actually make the sitation far worse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:

I have only rolled twice with the 2.5 and only applied witch hazel afterwards. I didn't put any special cremes and just let it all sit. I did have to use ice though and the only way you can see my cellulite is if I squish it. My boyfriend said that the difference was night and day.. I should have taken before and after pics, you would be impressed! Cool

How long did you wait before assessing the night and day difference?

Sorry that I haven't been on for a while. I was back home in Nebraska from Boston visiting family.

To answer your question Beth, my boyfriend said the morning after that he could tell the difference. He noticed my booty and legs when I was sleeping (I like to wear boy shorts to bed). So after he told me that, I took a hand held mirror and the full length mirror and did a through inspection in the sunlight!

I haven't done it since and need to do it again; that paranoia Anxious of getting cellulite is coming back. I always notice it when the light is just right. But I think with a healthy rolling routine and taking my time with it will help me in the long run to keep my legs looking like Tina Turners!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
bethany wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:

I have only rolled twice with the 2.5 and only applied witch hazel afterwards. I didn't put any special cremes and just let it all sit. I did have to use ice though and the only way you can see my cellulite is if I squish it. My boyfriend said that the difference was night and day.. I should have taken before and after pics, you would be impressed! Cool

Sorry that I haven't been on for a while. I was back home in Nebraska from Boston visiting family.

To answer your question Beth, my boyfriend said the morning after that he could tell the difference. He noticed my booty and legs when I was sleeping (I like to wear boy shorts to bed). So after he told me that, I took a hand held mirror and the full length mirror and did a through inspection in the sunlight!

I haven't done it since and need to do it again; that paranoia Anxious of getting cellulite is coming back. I always notice it when the light is just right. But I think with a healthy rolling routine and taking my time with it will help me in the long run to keep my legs looking like Tina Turners!

He was seeing the inflammation that actually takes quite some time to go away (way longer than just what is visible).

Here is an overview on rolling and cellulite from one of the inventors...the Beauty Mouse actually has needles that are only .15mm.

http://www.dermaroller.de/en/beauty-mouse-/beauty-mouse-5.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
ace243 wrote:

very important
is that 2.0mm OR .2mm - big difference. bethany can answer you better, but i recall reading that you can not get past 1.5mm into the skin so the "big guns" are actually useless...but also, i have read a bit of conflicting info on that - having used the 1.5 i have NO INTEREST in using anything that could possibly penetrate deeper (and possibly create more damage) - - i would check into the links bethany has posted for info. about Dermarolling they're very informative.
also, becareful using a dermaroller on irrate skin - it really sounds like you should do more reading - there are some absolute NO NO's - don't roll when broken out, don't roll on moles, don't roll w/ excema - don't know what's going on w/ your knees maybe they're just winter dry...good luck
i'm sure someone will give you better answers than this, so hang tight..
m

I noticed that several people have made the comment to not roll with eczema and I have that on my body. Face especially and haven't had any issues with rolling. When I do roll, I have no flairups but none-the-less I definitely roll on my face and on places that have eczema with no issues at all!
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:42 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:
bethany wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:

He was seeing the inflammation that actually takes quite some time to go away (way longer than just what is visible).

Here is an overview on rolling and cellulite from one of the inventors...the Beauty Mouse actually has needles that are only .15mm.

http://www.dermaroller.de/en/beauty-mouse-/beauty-mouse-5.html

Beth, I know I am going to go broke! THat beauty mouse is rocking! I definitely want that for my backside.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
BTW, I want a dermastamp. I think that this would be the answer to my chicken pox scars and acne scars that have hypopigmintation!

Beth, do you know where I can get a professional dermastamp or can I make one at home with some sewing needles?

They do give the diameters of the stamp on their website.

Also, how do you suggest I methodically stamp my skin?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
BTW, I want a dermastamp. I think that this would be the answer to my chicken pox scars and acne scars that have hypopigmintation!

Beth, do you know where I can get a professional dermastamp or can I make one at home with some sewing needles?

They do give the diameters of the stamp on their website.

Also, how do you suggest I methodically stamp my skin?

We have not yet seen any pics of the DermaStamp, and at this point they are only available to doctors. He was offering to send them to a person's doctor for free, as long as he received before and after pictures in return.

Here is the DermaStamp thread I started some time ago...I did post a link to some permanent makeup needles (multiple needles per unit) that look like a possible option. Please post any comments on that thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30611

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |