Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to check in with everyone. I have the 1mm roller and do several times per week including the top of my hands. I am happy with it. I have noticed real reduction in a surgical scar. I haven't gotten too close to my eyes and am wondering when I need to buy a new one still feels the same.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:37 am      Reply with quote
I am also using the 1mm dermaroller, have been going for 2 weeks. I started everyday and backed off to every other day. I found I was peeling too much (from my Retin a).

I am treating my face, hands and one arm (just to compare).

I think today I saw my first real signs of improvement - lines around my mouth softening, overall colour better, crows feet much better. I go as close to my eye as I can...but its not really close.

I found a great way of getting round the "stinging". I just get an icecube in one hand and rub it on the area I'm about to roll, then I roll with the other hand. Its really quick. I tried wrapping the cube, but it doesn;t work as well. When it drips too much I get a new cube.

I'm wondering how other dermaroller users are getting on?

cheers

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
What brand name is the 1mm roller?

I've been following this thread since the beginning and I'm thinking the 1mm is the right one for me. I don't have the scar issue; some redness or slight marks from past pimples only. But I'm 50 and I am interested in the collagen production program and the ability to "push" in products deeper.

Don't you just love EDS!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I do not know the brand of mine. I bought it from the Austrailian vendor on e-bay. I think that it is also billed for hair. the needles are 1mm and it came in a nice decorated tube that I use to store it in on my counter. I am really pleased with the results. I do not mind the feeling but I think I might use ice cubes now because it might by firming the skin help the roller work better. When I first got it I used it every day and also noticed that my skin was really peeling. I use Tazorac for adult acne but that had not happened before. I'm glad I started this thread because I didn't really realize how different this device is from others I've tried and I like the fact that my surgical scars are diminishing and the tops of my hands look great.

I will try to use it nearer my eyes but an scared to get too close.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I do not know the brand of mine. I bought it from the Austrailian vendor on e-bay. I think that it is also billed for hair. the needles are 1mm and it came in a nice decorated tube that I use to store it in on my counter. I am really pleased with the results. I do not mind the feeling but I think I might use ice cubes now because it might by firming the skin help the roller work better. When I first got it I used it every day and also noticed that my skin was really peeling. I use Tazorac for adult acne but that had not happened before. I'm glad I started this thread because I didn't really realize how different this device is from others I've tried and I like the fact that my surgical scars are diminishing and the tops of my hands look great.

I will try to use it nearer my eyes but an scared to get too close.

Sharky - I bought the same one!! I am in Melbourne. I think you are right about why the ice cubes work. I tried wrapping one in cling wrap last night, but it didn't really work, cause it didn't slide as well.

I am getting really exicited about this. The first thing that has really worked for me. What improvements have you seen in your hands? Mine have not improved much yet...but it is only 2 weeks.

cheers

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the skin on my hands is thicker because the veins seem less distinct. It takes a while. The biggest most immediate effect I noticed was in an old surgical scar and a raised pore on my face. Both starting diminishing after about 2 weeks. I'm very happy with this. At least for me it hurts less than I thought it would and I have to be good and not use it every day because I do not want to irritate my skin (but I'm seeing good results and want to see more).
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:

I found a great way of getting round the "stinging". I just get an icecube in one hand and rub it on the area I'm about to roll, then I roll with the other hand. Its really quick. I tried wrapping the cube, but it doesn;t work as well. When it drips too much I get a new cube.

rebecca

snowqueen this is a great tip. I have the heavy dut 1.5 one which i use on my hands and arms sporadcilly. I also have the Leaf and Rush one that I have stated to use again on my face.
I am going to 'ice' me tonight and see how we go! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:58 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I believe the skin on my hands is thicker because the veins seem less distinct. It takes a while. The biggest most immediate effect I noticed was in an old surgical scar and a raised pore on my face. Both starting diminishing after about 2 weeks. I'm very happy with this. At least for me it hurts less than I thought it would and I have to be good and not use it every day because I do not want to irritate my skin (but I'm seeing good results and want to see more).

Sharky, I'm wondering how you are getting on with your roller? Are you dealing with an pigmentation issues and if so, do you think it is helping?

I am confused as to when we can expect to start seeing real results...somewhere said 30 days, somewhere said 80....??? My hands actually look worse - they look dark and withered...like they are about to peel. My face always looks temporarily better, and then pretty much the same.

What topicals is everyone else using?

thks

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I bought leaf and rusher dermaroller 6 mos ago, however it never says on the container what length the needles are,they are very tiny, dont look like needles they look like whiskers on a roller!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading that the Leaf and Rusher needles are .25mm long.
That length would be for better product absorption.
KathyJ
5% products discount

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
WHERE can I buy one of these? I can't find one anywhere. Leaf and Rusher have been out for ages. Can anyone help?
KathyJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the Leaf and Rusher is .5mm and you can buy it off Ebay. That's where I got mine. I used it only a couple of times, then moved up to the 1mm. Now that I've used the bigger boy, I don't even want to bother with the baby one. I can't see how it does anything. The needles are so shallow. I am using the 1mm twice a week and have been applying
"Lets make Collagen" right after doing it. Then, an hour or so later, I wash that off and apply Oat Beta Glucans or Tazorac. I can't remember who recommended that routine, but I followed their lead. So far, so good.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
KathyJ
5% products discount

Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know. Where did you buy you 1mm roller? And what brand is it? Thanks for your reply!
KathyJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
There is no brandname on the 1mm. I bought it off Ebay and it came from Thailand. I believe I paid around $135 for it. It's a good quality too, not like the Leaf and Rusher which is very cheap looking. The only good thing about starting with the .5mm is it prepares you (mentally and physically) for the bigger one. I was very intimidated by the 1mm so after using the .5mm a few times, and saw it wasn't so bad, I felt I could handle the bigger one. Now I would like to get a 1.5mm!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
KathyJ
5% products discount

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Okay, thank you! I'm pretty gutsy when it comes down to it. I may just go or the 1mm to start. (and maybe ice my face first!!!) I also use tazorac at the highest strength, so that will be what I use after the roller. I can't wait to see if I gets results, too.
KathyJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Snowqueen: The first week or so when I used the roller I peeled both on hands and face. Most people's hands have a lot of dead skinetc. because they do not tend to exfoliate there. I've been using the DDF glycolic lotion on my hands every night so they were in prettey good shape. Some sunspots were left from last summer though and the roller really has made these fade. I started seeing real results in about 30 days but the best thing is these seem to be continuing and real texture changes took about 90 days.

I do use many actives also. When I started I used the PSF O2 serum for redness and drying. I also use a variety of purchased and self made creams (or doped ones) containing Maxtrixyl, EGF, carnosine, Idebenone and green tea (as well as other trace things). I still occasionally also do AHA peels so it is hard to say what has done whta but I have seen major improvement since using the roller
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
sharky - thanks for the info. Is your redness due to rosacea? I have just gotten a dermaroller but have put off using it until my
rosacea is under control.
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Snowqueen: The first week or so when I used the roller I peeled both on hands and face. Most people's hands have a lot of dead skinetc. because they do not tend to exfoliate there. I've been using the DDF glycolic lotion on my hands every night so they were in prettey good shape. Some sunspots were left from last summer though and the roller really has made these fade. I started seeing real results in about 30 days but the best thing is these seem to be continuing and real texture changes took about 90 days.

I do use many actives also. When I started I used the PSF O2 serum for redness and drying. I also use a variety of purchased and self made creams (or doped ones) containing Maxtrixyl, EGF, carnosine, Idebenone and green tea (as well as other trace things). I still occasionally also do AHA peels so it is hard to say what has done whta but I have seen major improvement since using the roller

im curious, what do you think about Matrixyl?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:05 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:

Sharky...thank you so much. You have made me feel more positive about this. I am still peeling heaps (3weeks)even though I ditched my retin A, which shows that it was the DR and not the Retin A so much. I am however using avacado oil and I think that might be contributing also. I need to find a really rich moisturiser for night use.

Last night I used the DR on my arms and hands and then apllied glycolic. Stung like mad, but I am hoping I may get some resurfacing out of it. I have neglected my hands for way too long.

I did notice today that my eyes look more "open". I have large eyes with heavy upper lids...and I have been rolling that part daily...perhaps its just starting to work??? I hope so.

Like someone else said, I am also now starting to think about the 1.5mm... Shock

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Rebecca: I wouldn't use AHAs and the roller at the same time until your skin is really used to it. Since you are still peeling I'd use healing creams after (Aloe/matrixyl/EGF, PSF O2 or something similar). I've always gotten into trouble when I try to go too fast.

Good Luck!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Rebecca: I wouldn't use AHAs and the roller at the same time until your skin is really used to it. Since you are still peeling I'd use healing creams after (Aloe/matrixyl/EGF, PSF O2 or something similar). I've always gotten into trouble when I try to go too fast.

Good Luck!

Sharky, this was only on my arms...I'm fine with it there. Actually, my face seems to have finally stopped peeling also Very Happy !!!!!!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Rebecca, from what I've read it takes about 90 days to see the real results. It's a relieving thought because since I switched to the 1.5mm Dr. Roller, I too peel like crazy.

Dr. Roller is a totally different quality than the Australian one and I'm so impressed with it. Tight wheel, protected packing and most important - the needles are sharp and make cleaner, less damaging wounds. I bled more with the old 1mm than from this! After I got my Korean assortment, I can't bring myself to use the other one again.

If you want to buy another one, I can't recommend it enough. It's the same as the one they sell here http://www.dermarollers.com/products.htm so it's not necessary to order it directly from the Korean business (but the price is much better there...) or ebay (more expensive).

I'm a bit sad that I wasted money on the Australian roller, but if nothing else, it has made me appreciate the good models more.

So far I've been rolling without any numbing cream, but I have ordered it and look forward to a little less painful rolling in the future.

Cadia
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia....thanks for the link. What a good price. I paid $50 more for my 1mm. I just bought the 1.5mm. I'm lovin' it!

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
These rollers look excellent. I contacted the Dr. Roller business directly but I had a bit of trouble with the language barrier so this site is the way to go - the price is also very good. Good work Cadia, you've found a gem!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
Rebecca, from what I've read it takes about 90 days to see the real results. It's a relieving thought because since I switched to the 1.5mm Dr. Roller, I too peel like crazy.

Dr. Roller is a totally different quality than the Australian one and I'm so impressed with it. Tight wheel, protected packing and most important - the needles are sharp and make cleaner, less damaging wounds. I bled more with the old 1mm than from this! After I got my Korean assortment, I can't bring myself to use the other one again.

recommend it enough. It's the same as the one they sell here http://www.dermarollers.com/products.htm so it's not necessary to order it directly from the Korean business (but the price is much better there...) or ebay (more expensive).

I'm a bit sad that I wasted money on the Australian roller, but if nothing else, it has made me appreciate the good models more.

So far I've been rolling without any numbing cream, but I have ordered it and look forward to a little less painful rolling in the future.

Cadia

Thanks so much for this info....I was already starting to search for a 1.5mm (and I've only had this one a few weeks!).

BTW I am sure that icing would be sufficient. If you place or slide a cube around the area just before you roll, it seems to work really well. The needles seem to go through the skin easier too,as the ice makes the skin more taught

rebecca

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |