Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Skincarejunkie, thank you for the info. I may try those. Honestly, I can't imagine anything being better but I'm willing to try.

Jackie, the instructions say to use plain water with the cloth. I liked OCM, but no matter how little castor oil I used, it still dried out my skin and plain oil wasn't enough to clean out my pores. This is perfect for me. It doesn't dry out my skin but it does clean out my pores better than anything else I have used. It has taken time but over the period of a few weeks, it has cleared out pores that I have struggled with for years.

I think it would be OK to use the cloth instead of a regular wash cloth to clean off the oils but you would have to wash it in the washing machine more frequently. With water, you can simply wash the cloth in the sink with soap and water and let it air out for the next usage. Oil may complicate that and you'd have to have several cloths to keep it going. Did that make any sense at all?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Mars, I'm willing to bet that noone has answered that question because noone knows the answer. I would guess that it will help but I don't know for sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Skincarejunkie, thank you for the info. I may try those. Honestly, I can't imagine anything being better but I'm willing to try.

Jackie, the instructions say to use plain water with the cloth. I liked OCM, but no matter how little castor oil I used, it still dried out my skin and plain oil wasn't enough to clean out my pores. This is perfect for me. It doesn't dry out my skin but it does clean out my pores better than anything else I have used. It has taken time but over the period of a few weeks, it has cleared out pores that I have struggled with for years.

I think it would be OK to use the cloth instead of a regular wash cloth to clean off the oils but you would have to wash it in the washing machine more frequently. With water, you can simply wash the cloth in the sink with soap and water and let it air out for the next usage. Oil may complicate that and you'd have to have several cloths to keep it going. Did that make any sense at all?

Well you like what you like. Sometimes something works for someone and sometimes it doesn't. That's skincare for you Laughing
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, I've asked before, but I don't recall getting an answer. My question is: Do you think needling will improve the appearance of white surgical scars? Thank you. Smile

I just wanted to tell you that I joined the OwnDoc forum. Sarah is very knowledgeable about dermarolling and I bet she would be able to answer your question. I signed up for their forum and she answered my question within a day or so. I hope this helps! Smile
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, I've asked before, but I don't recall getting an answer. My question is: Do you think needling will improve the appearance of white surgical scars? Thank you. Smile

Yes it does. I have some laparoscopic scars from my gallbladder surgery that I've needled. The white area is much thinner/less noticeable now.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

thanks Tonia,

so are these cloths effective with using only water ?

Jackie xx
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes!!! It's unbelievable.

Jackie284 wrote:
Tonia wrote:

thanks Tonia,

so are these cloths effective with using only water ?

Jackie xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks Tonia,

I got some of the body shop ones today, will give them a whirl,

Jackie xx
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
lagomorph wrote:
Mars wrote:

Yes it does. I have some laparoscopic scars from my gallbladder surgery that I've needled. The white area is much thinner/less noticeable now.

lagomorph - did you use any product when you needled your scar? What was the preparation for it? Did you use Vit C and Vit A for a long time prior to needling? How many times have you needled? What kind of needle did you use? (I have a SX scar I'd like to treat)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to try using LEDs after doing a dermaroll.

If I've applied Vit A, does anyone know how long I should wait before using my LED?
How long does Vit A stay in the skin for?
Danyel02

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if you guys remember me because I have not posted in a long time (I’m in college), and I am very new to this forum. I just wanted to update you guys on my progress. I started rolling on March 5th with a 1 mm on my arms and stomach. I use a 10% AHA cream in the morning and mixture of Cooper Peptides and Vit A at night. The progress is amazing. The stretch marks on my arms are noticeably lighter and the skin is much more firm. My stomach has a far way to go but it looks at least 20% better then before.

I'm really excited to see my progress in another month. Keep on rolling!

P.S Is there a place where I Can post pictures?

5% products discount

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello You all for the very useful information you provide in this forum, like a lot of us, I´ve bought almost everything, CP, vaculifter, dermaroller,etc.and also thanks to you all I´m getting younger everyday,I´m now 49.Have any of you considered using a tatoo needle to do the single needle puncture?
KaoriY
5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all

I am a newbie of rolling.

May I ask is rolling work for pore size reducing? Coz i dont have any other skin problem but huge pore size on my nose. Also, am I suit to use Cooper Peptide Serum + Retin A after rolling? or Vit C+E serum?

Thank you very much Smile

KaoriY
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I've just ordered a pack of single needles from own doc for persistent crows feet etc. However, I just wanted to ask how it's best to factor them into one's dermarolling routine? I've just done a 1.5 roll earlier this week, so should I wait a few weeks to use the singles, or can I use them along side of the roller ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi I'm new to dermarolling but want to get started on it. I am so sorry but this thread is so incredibly long and I cannot get through it all quick enough! Could anybody be so kind as to summarise the consensus for the below or direct me/ PM me re it?
Interested in dermarolling for:
-product penetration
-crows feet
-lines - nasolabial, btwn brows #11 etc, forehead, impending smile, poss neck rings

Would be so appreciated!

edit: currently using Retin A but want to start with Vit C and CPs too.
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
esofia wrote:
Have any of you considered using a tatoo needle to do the single needle puncture?

I think there was talk of some people seeing a tattoo artist to have their scars needled. I don't know if anyone bought tattoo needles to needle themselves. It seems like it would work.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:16 am      Reply with quote
where would you buy tatoo needles?
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
where would you buy tatoo needles?

It seems like you would be able to buy them pretty easily online.

When I run out of the diabetic lancets, I am thinking of calling around some of the tattoo parlors to see if they will sell me some needles. I think the tattoo needle size #8 is .25mm in diameter. Apparently you can find them with very long tapers too.

I found this really good primer on tattoo needles: www.taptatdaddio.com/The%20Tattoo%20Needle%20Primer.pdf
Pinkluv232

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I just purchased my first 1mm dr roller today and can't wait to get started with it! Since im new to derma rolling I was wondering about what products I should use on the nights that I roll. I'm currently using the Obagi clenziderm system on my skin. Would it be ok to wash my fash with the Obagi, apply the toner, and then start rolling? I've also been using retin-a...can I continue using that once I start with the roller? Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks guys!
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:04 am      Reply with quote
hi all,
now that this thread is 169 pages long! Surprised
I hope it's ok to ask a question that may have been answered already..I have done lots of reading up here and am well versed in the dermarolling...
I rolled for several months with a 1 mm roller stopping about 3 months ago.
I want to get back to it now with my 1.5 mm and do a weekly intensive for 6 weeks(then stop for 12 weeks)
What I need to know is if I'm on maintenace with my STOP device (once a week) and my AALS (about 3 x a week) what is the right way to schedule those treatments around the dermarolling as I do it over the next 6 weeks?
I'd rather not have to stop using my STOP and AALS and am hoping they can all work simultaneously..
any basic advice/guidance MUCH appreciated!

Very Happy

p.s. I should note with the 1 mm roller I had no major redness or bad reactions-no problems at all..

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
marycotter5678

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am new here and have been reading the posts.

I am 26 yrs old and on my face, my major complaints are old chickenpox scars, some acne scars and also some other scars from childhood! Also, slight 11's and nasolabial folds. I just got my 1.5mm dermaroller today and just finished rolling for the first time on my face.
I washed my face and dried it off. Then I rolled all over my face, going over each area 5-8 times in different directions. I didn't use a lot of pressure, I pressed some but not that much. It did cause my eyes to tear a little bit but I wouldn't call it very painful, mostly just an annoying type of prickly feeling. I did bleed a tiny bit on my 11's, on my nose scar and left side of lips scar (I rolled with a bit more pressure in those areas). My face was red right after and felt tight and stung. I rinshed with warm water, let dry and applied .05% retin A all over my face and Contractubex on scars only. It's been an hour and my face is still a pinkish red and stings a tiny bit.
I plan on applying the retin-a all over face every other night and contractubex 2x/day on scars only. I plan to roll again in 6-8 weeks.

I also have quite a bit of stretch marks from gaining/losing weight on my outer thighs, hips, lower back, breasts, calves and some on butt! I eventually want to start rolling there as well with more pressure and retin-a use. But I am not sure whether I should use the same roller as I use for my face or to get a new one... any thoughts?
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
hi all,
now that this thread is 169 pages long! Surprised
I hope it's ok to ask a question that may have been answered already..I have done lots of reading up here and am well versed in the dermarolling...
I rolled for several months with a 1 mm roller stopping about 3 months ago.
I want to get back to it now with my 1.5 mm and do a weekly intensive for 6 weeks(then stop for 12 weeks)
What I need to know is if I'm on maintenace with my STOP device (once a week) and my AALS (about 3 x a week) what is the right way to schedule those treatments around the dermarolling as I do it over the next 6 weeks?
I'd rather not have to stop using my STOP and AALS and am hoping they can all work simultaneously..
any basic advice/guidance MUCH appreciated!

Very Happy

p.s. I should note with the 1 mm roller I had no major redness or bad reactions-no problems at all..

just quoting myself in hopes someone can still asnwer this for me-really wanting to get back to the dermarolling and start-but want you lovely ladies expert advice on this! Very Happy

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
spence
5% products discount

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used my new roller yet as I'm still waiting to do a peel first.

However, I've been using my old roller just on the tip of my nose. I loathe how it sort of bulges when I smile. I honestly think it helps lift my nose a bit. The cartiledge (sp). Odd that I stumbled upon this.
Bunnybond
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi, after reading this thread decided to take the plunge & invest in a dermaroller & being a complete coward opted the 0.5mm.
I'm wanting to combine the treatment with my Baby Quasar (red).
So if anybody has any tips for optimal results I'd be extremely grateful.
Smile
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Here's something I found on ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-LED-MT-DERMA-MICRONEEDLE-FACE-SKIN-ROLLER-1-1-5mm_W0QQitemZ120523682525QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item1c0fc572dd

I suppose it'd be useful for dermarolling in the dark! Wink There's a blue version too.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |