Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MrOCD
5% products discount

Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Question

I have raised, white bumpy scars on my back... all over it! Will a dermaroller be of any use?

And is the dermaroller going to be effective even without using serums afterwards?
goingse

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi.

I've been trying Dermaroller on my face for 2 weeks. I think it works well. Deep wrinkles between my eyebrows are shallower than it used to be. But now I got some scratches on my face from last couple of time I used it. Dermaroller does not roll freely anymore. It takes some force to roll on my face otherwise, needles will scratch my skin. What can I do to make it roll freely again? I tried using jojoba oil to lubricate it but it only made a marginal difference. Please help....
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
A big question. I've been rolling with the 1.5 size roller 4 times in 5 months. The third time I rolled I was very aggressive, it was more painful and it took at least a week or more for my skin to totally heal. Not bad but red, sore, etc.

This time I rolled moderately. Was just pink, just a little pin point bleeding, 2 days later my skin looks untouched.

I'm unsure what is more effective - aggressive deep rolls or lighter rolls. I read recently a blog where it said that we only need .5 roller to create collagen and no need to roll deeply. So now, I'm really confused.

What have you guys done and what is working best?? Deep or medium rolls??

BTW I do break out after the .25 because it drys out the top layer of my skin, so when I use that I make sure to immediately address potential breakouts.

Deeper rolls less frequently are better than lighter rolls more frequently. No way will a .5mm create collagen..its just used for product penetration. Personally I wouldn't roll with a 1.5mm more than once every 6-8 wks. You need to give your skin time to go through the wound healing cascade before you "insult" it again! Rolling Eyes

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
goingse wrote:
Hi.

I've been trying Dermaroller on my face for 2 weeks. I think it works well. Deep wrinkles between my eyebrows are shallower than it used to be. But now I got some scratches on my face from last couple of time I used it. Dermaroller does not roll freely anymore. It takes some force to roll on my face otherwise, needles will scratch my skin. What can I do to make it roll freely again? I tried using jojoba oil to lubricate it but it only made a marginal difference. Please help....

It's possible you're roller is compromised already. If you have any bent needles on it, it will do some damage - like the scratches you've mentioned. And if it's not rolling freely, that makes me think it is all the more compromised.

Which size roller have you been using and what brand is it?

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
goingse wrote:
Hi.

It's possible you're roller is compromised already. If you have any bent needles on it, it will do some damage - like the scratches you've mentioned. And if it's not rolling freely, that makes me think it is all the more compromised.

Which size roller have you been using and what brand is it?

I've been using "Microneedle Skin Care System NEW SPA 2.00mm". I purchased it from Amazon. After using it, I put it in hydrogen peroxide solution to sanitize it. I looked closely at the needles and They seem to be all normal and straight.
sarasam

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:06 am      Reply with quote
How to you guys stay save online when shopping? I was told to not use my real bank card when i shop online so I went to wal*mark and bought this Walmart*Moneycard to use but now they are asking for my Social Security Number. As anyone use this card before and how did you activate it? It is also non-refundable. I know people who had their money stolen from their bank card and i have hear of people identity being stolen too. This will really help some of use newbie who can not get any of the items in any store near us.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
sarasam wrote:
How to you guys stay save online when shopping? I was told to not use my real bank card when i shop online so I went to wal*mark and bought this Walmart*Moneycard to use but now they are asking for my Social Security Number. As anyone use this card before and how did you activate it? It is also non-refundable. I know people who had their money stolen from their bank card and i have hear of people identity being stolen too. This will really help some of use newbie who can not get any of the items in any store near us.

I would never disclose my social security # on line. What website asked for that?? I shop at several different on-line websites and have never been asked for my SS# before.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank, but what do you guys use to shop online? Should I use my real bank card? It the new pay as you go card that is asking for SS# to activated ir.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased from owndoc.com and was not asked for my SS#. They are safe - buy from there.

Your Pay-as-you-go card should've been activated when you purchased it at the store you bought it from. Take it back w/ the receipt and get it activated.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey I went there and the lady told me to call the pay as go their self, she only sell them and has no power to activate it Sad so now i'll call and hear what they has to say

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 am      Reply with quote
sarasam wrote:
Hey I went there and the lady told me to call the pay as go their self, she only sell them and has no power to activate it Sad so now i'll call and hear what they has to say

I use my credit cards to shop online all the time, I neve had any problem.
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There

I am getting ready to dermastamp again.

When I check the needles, because they are so tiny I can't tell if any are bent or not? I tried going outside in the daylight where it was very bright, but they are just sooo tiny

Feeling a little bit hesitant to use it again, as I dont want to damage my skin with potential bent needles

How does one check accurately, without putting skin at risk with bent needles???

Thanking you in Advance
samantha66

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I have been reading here for a couple of years, have rolled a few times, and actually had great results, first test roll to gauge the pain actually resulted in 80% reduction in a small patch of 25 year old deep marks. It was amazing.

Now that I am getting ready to start for real this time, and stick with it, I am going to take before and after pictures. Can anyone tell me where other members pictures are and how to post my own? I have searched everywhere on this forum and keep reading references to others' pics, but can't find them.

Thanks!
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
hi samantha

i also got improvements afte my first try.

what skin issues are you treating?

and what needle length are you using?
Adav1925

Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Hey all! I'm new here and have been reading a lot of these threads for the last few months. I just wanted to share my story with all of you about my skin issues and how I'm repairing them slowly.

My name is Alexandria, I am 31 years old. I am a cosmetologist which includes hair, skin (esthetics) and nails however, I mainly do hair and make-up.

My husband and I live in Okinawa, Japan as he is in the military. It is very hot and humid here
which has caused many problems for my OILY (I use capitals because it's that bad) acne-prone
skin.

When I first arrived here, I broke out more than usual. My husband said it would subside after about a month or so (as he has been here for 2 years more than I have) and it did somewhat, but it was always a struggle. My skin was usually always clear living in the states. I suffered the occasional break-out, but nothing I couldn't control as long as I kept on top of it, and I did, religiously.

Mu husband deployed for 7 months and while he
was gone, my skin broke out a little more than I was comfortable with, and I was sick of trying to stay one step ahead of it when that obviously was not working well. Also, working in a salon, I think it's very important to always look your best otherwise people have a hard time trusting you with their hair. So off to the doctor I went
and received a prescription for Retin-A along with some other things; benzoyl peroxide wash, oral and topical anti-biotics.

At first everything seemed to work well. My face cleared up and it was like the Retin-A was making my skin GLOW!

Fast forward 6 months, and my husband finally came home, and my skin was a total mess. I broke out like I never have before in my life. My skin had a horrible reaction to the Retin-A. I know
some people swear by it, and if it works for them, I say "Great." For me it was a skin death sentence. The dermatologist here wanted to put me on Accutane. Accutane?! I'm 31 years old and never experienced acne like this. My husband used it when we were teenagers and it did WONDERS for his skin (his skin is perfect) but for me at prime baby-making age? No.

So I decided to enlist the help of a plastic surgeon who did a round of 3 light chemical
peels, and 2 rounds of IPL. Oh, did I mention the BC pills that gave me more acne and melasma? Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that. I cried... And cried....And cried for months about my face. It was embarassing. I never wanted to leave my house.

The peels and IPL helped clear my acne, but not totally. Then my skin took on a new problem. I had developed orange-peel textured skin, and large scarred pores. My face was red, it burned
all the time, and I had brown marks on my right cheek.

I went home to visit the states for a wedding. I was petrified to see my family. It was so noticeable. I was a total wreck. All I did while I was home was research laser resurfacing all day and cry thinking that I was never going to ever look the same again. I was finally put on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication as I could not eat or sleep because this was
consuming my life.

The dermatologist I saw in the states told me I have Rosacea. I used to put loads and loads of benzoyl peroxide on my face as well as every type of acid you could imagine and it never did anything bad to my skin. My face was always protected by a barrier of oil, so over-drying was just not something i ever experienced. Now it seemed like the even the most mild sunblock made my face burn. Also? I could pick at my face for hours (sorry for the graphics, but I'm a natural picker. I believe you either are or you're not. To work in the cosmetology field, I think you kind of have to be a picker) and my skin would never scar. Now if I had an itch, it left a dent on my face. I was devestated. Plus the lighting where I work makes everyone look like they have the flu. It's so bright you can see every flaw, and it's not pretty. That made doing my job so much harder because I have to stare in a mirror all day.

So my husband did the research on Fraxel and decided that for me, it wasn't worth the risks, as well as we don't have a lot of options for good plastic surgeons where we live. So I decided to start going more natural as it was all my skin could tolerate at this point.

I started using 302 skincare. I use the 302 cleanser, the protein drops, the calming mist and sometimes Ointment RX. I also dermaroll with a 1.5 mm.

I can actually say that my skin has improved about 80% since this whole trauma started. My scarred pores are almost gone. My skin tone is more even than it has been in the past year. My acne is gone. My face for the first time in my life is not oily, and I no longer look like a crackhead when I get to work from the make-up sliding off my face due to the humidity here. I have "normal" skin now. It's not dry, it's not oily...it's wonderful. I'm no longer afraid to leave my house. I don't feel self-conscious around people anymore and I don't think that all anyone is looking at is my horrible skin. I also don't analyze everyone else's skin anymore as I did while this was going on. I no longer feel as though I need any kind of laser treatment.

I took many pictures during this whole journey just to document my progress as it's hard to tell a difference if you have nothing to compare. The difference is nothing short of amazing.

Thank you everyone for letting me share my story. I hope someone gets something out of this post. If anyone would like to see pictures, please let me know. I can e-mail them, as I don't think I could post them from my iPad and I'm too lazy to break out my laptop ever.
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I have had cheap derma rollers before, but they don't stay sharp long enough for me to properly evaluate them, so I am going to get a Dr. Roller. I just want to ask, what is the difference between the SK and the original models? The SK is cheaper, but why? Is it just as good?
jhillo
5% products discount

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm worried.. I had some really uncomfortable stinging / burning sensation last night! I used the derma roller 0.5 then put on "Restoration Cream" (http://www.skinactives.com/Restoration-Cream.html)

I thought it was supposed to heal but it actually felt so uncomfortable I had to wash it off. Confused

Can the skin gurus let me know if anything in this cream could have been too much (irritating or damaging) for my skin after rolling??

The ingredients are:
Water, jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) seed oil, sea kelp bioferment, sorbitol, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, stearyl alcohol, sesame (Sesamum indicum) seed oil, almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis ) oil, avocado (Persea gratissima) oil, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) seed oil, rosehip (Rosa affinis rubiginosa) seed oil, natural active peptides, fucoidan, Indian pennyworth (Centella asiatica) extract, L-carnosine, ceramides, Aloe vera polysaccharides (mannnans), Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata ) extract , coconut (Cocos nucifera) endosperm, sodium hyaluronate, copper peptide (GHK copper), glycerol, epidermal growth factor, astaxanthin (and) lycopene (and) alpha-D-tocopherol (and) tocotrienols (and) lutein (and) alpha lipoic acid, polysorbate 20, citric acid, dimethicone, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol methylparaben, propylparaben.

btw, I love skinactives and all their other products!! It was just this one I felt was too strong for after a rolling session.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I see lots of alcohols fairly high on the list. Maybe that's what was stinging?
jhillo
5% products discount

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't the alcohol in there for preservatives? I'm not sure but thanks for your quick reply Lotus! I really appreciate it.

could it be the Epidermal Growth Factor in there?

rileygirl, Tonia, foxe, Keliu, Barefootgirl - You ladies know ingredients..let me know!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Adav1925 - can you please let us know how the dermaroller fits into your success? You mentioned it briefly but what kind of results did you see that can be attributed to this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I just purchased from owndoc.com and was not asked for my SS#. They are safe - buy from there.

Your Pay-as-you-go card should've been activated when you purchased it at the store you bought it from. Take it back w/ the receipt and get it activated.

Are you satisfied with the quality of the rollers from owndoc.com? Mine have some buildup of whitish stuff on them Confused I don't know may it is because I soak them in alcohol for too long.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've got 3 rollers from Owndoc.com have used them for months and they are holding up excellently!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Eureka! I finally broke down and bought a numbing cream. What took me so long? I just rolled after using = WHAT A DIFFERENCE! No pain. I can't believe now that I ever rolled without this cream. I used a few days ago to single-needle some lip lines. It was a miracle - painless.

Well, live and learn. I'll never do roll again without a numbing cream and I did a much more thorough job!

This is the one I got, and it worked fast! Within 20 minutes I was good to roll.

Lidocream 4 > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LVM8U4

Cool HAPPY!
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I can't decide between 1mm or 1.5mm I want to address uneven skin,sundamage,visible pores,fine lines and scarring on my face any advice.

The one I'm looking at says 1mm will help uneven skin but 1.5 is better for lines and scarring

I was planning to use vit c first then roll then retin a is this o.k I've been using these for a few months but never used a roller before also have a few stretchmarks on chest that I'd like to improve.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I would get the 1.5. You can always use less pressure on it and use it like a 1.0 - but after you get use to it, apply more pressure. Gives you more options.

I use the 1.5 and after 6 rolls in 7 months am starting to see some real improvements with the same issues you have! I've also single needled any old acne scars and deeper wrinkles. Patience is a must!! But love seeing the improvements!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |