Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Have any of you ladies that read a lot about rolling come across anything about damage surfacing post roll, or have any experience yourselves with this?

I did have 2 raised brown spots show up on my chest area last time I did a My-m treatment. I did a really long session last time because I knew it would be my last one for awhile. The spots showed up within a day and are now barely visible after 5 weeks. I don't really know what they were and I have never experienced this before. I am glad they have went away on their own. I want my chest area to look better not gain other problems.

It takes me about 30 maybe 40 min. to do my face with the My-m. If I add in my neck, chest and hands maybe 1 hour and 15 min. I use to use numbing cream with the dermaroller but found out I could get by without it with the My-m. It is not painless but for me the areas that hurt are the forehead and chest.

I take a shower before hand to help open up my pores and wash my face. I clean my face with an alcohol pad and make sure I spray any bottles or sink handles etc. that I will touch during a treatment with alcohol. Roll. Then take another shower and put a Vit. C and A product on my skin and go to bed.

I do bleed but I seem to be getting less blood with each treatment. Maybe my skin is getting thicker. I look ok by the next day. Sometimes I will have a little redness on the top of my cheekbones or a little sunburn effect. You can't really tell I have done anything but my skin is drier. My skin tends to soak in more product for the next few days. Maybe because it is drier then usual. My skin has stabilized in about 4 or 5 days and is back to normal.

Dermarolling has definitely help my under eye area fill in a little and decreased my NL lines.
I do think it has helped my hands look a little less bony but I didn't take pictures of those so I have nothing to refer to. It hasn't done anything for my neck, chest or pores. I also have a small scar on my forehead that shows no changes but overall I am happy I finally took the plunge. I do think it is helping to build collagen in my face and I will do another series when the time comes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I should probably add that I have filler in my tear troughs and I always notice the morning after needling that my under eye area is much puffier than the surrounding skin. I guess that doesn't surprise me, the goal of HA is to retain water....

BFG
CarolineP
5% products discount

Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:21 am      Reply with quote
BarefootGirl, which vitamin oil are you using post-roll? Is it a DIY product?

Thanks Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks CookieD, for responding. You were lucky that the brown marks disapeared on their own! Wink
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I used to make my own - it wasn't difficult, but it was messy and sometimes hard to find exactly the ingredients I wanted...so now I am using up my bottle of Garden of Wisdom chock full of vitamins.

Planning to switch to an Environ product soon (or maybe something else, after I get back from the skincare conference!)

BFG
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I did not have good luck with that!

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys this is all new to me and sorry for asking questions but I'm overwhelmed with information and want to make sure its right.

2 things I want to derma =

Some raised scars on my arms, kinda bumpy and Slight loose skin on my stomach, Its not much but If I get on top if now.

Is it a 1.5 derma roller I use on both? Or would a stamp be better for the scars?

Serums I am confused with, I don't know if its the same serums for Acne, scars and so on or different for each situation.

Do I need Vitamin C, retinol, cop?

Thanks in advance.
CarolineP
5% products discount

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Smile
It's great to know what already made products have worked well for you, as I had some trouble with even the simplest of DIY serums

I have not yet started derma rolling. But would like to have all my supplies and topicals ready for when I am mentally ready to start inflicting the self-poking with needles. Shock Shock Shock

I just find it so difficult, psychologically.
Although the progress others on this forum have achieved is quiet inspiring!
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have some dermarollers from about four-five years ago that I gave up on because I am a wuss, it hurt, and I didn't like the numbing gel. But some of these results (go Jae! Very Happy) are really inspiring, and I think I'm going to purchase a My-m or maybe even Dermajet. Despite a bit of controversy in the DJ thread, the device looks intriguing. Need to study a bit more before deciding to pay the extra $$$ for DJ over the My-m.

Meantime, a couple questions for you experienced needlers, please. Feedback appreciated.

Is anyone using CP's post-needling? If not, why? Is it supposed to be bad?

For those who needle and also microcurrent: does the downtime of rolling interfere with your MC schedule? If you do an aggressive roll, would that interfere for more than couple of days?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

It's quite a job. I can't imagine how much I would have to pay somebody to do this for me at a medspa.

Barefootgirl wrote:
Actually, I paid $300 in December for someone to lightly needle my face with the actual Dermapen - so this would probably cost at least $1K.

BFG

About 5 years ago I remember a Miami doctor was charging about $3k for an intense medical roll (2mm) but that included anesthesia.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:34 am      Reply with quote
In a couple weeks, I am going on a womans weekend with friends in Las Vegas and we'll be going to the medspa/esthetics conference that weekend to walk the floor, pick up samples and attend lectures on needling and serums and peels, etc.

I am hoping to learn something, lol.
If any of you have specific questions to ask the needling people, please let me know and I can make a list and we all learn something as I will come back and post what I learned. I hope they will take questions after the lectures...or at the very least, I can ask at the booths, presumably they will have trained people there.

Peace, BFG
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Can anybody give me an idea of the downtime with an aggressive, bloody, 2mm roll/stamping session?

Can you work the day after doing something like this?

I've read different things on this thread (one person's face crusted over for six days, others not much problem, etc.) and I'd like to try to get a better handle on a typical reaction to aggressive needling, if possible. I'm time-limited and infrequently have even two days in a row off. I don't want to do an aggressive roll and then find out I can't go to work the next day because my face looks like meat.

Any advice appreciated.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Can anybody give me an idea of the downtime with an aggressive, bloody, 2mm roll/stamping session?

Can you work the day after doing something like this?

I've read different things on this thread (one person's face crusted over for six days, others not much problem, etc.) and I'd like to try to get a better handle on a typical reaction to aggressive needling, if possible. I'm time-limited and infrequently have even two days in a row off. I don't want to do an aggressive roll and then find out I can't go to work the next day because my face looks like meat.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi Yubs,
Is there a reason you want to use a 2.0mm instead of a 1.5mm? Are you trying to get rid of a scar or use on stretch marks? If you are just using for fine lines/collagen then the 1.5 is fine in my opinion. It will probably also cut down on the trauma/downtime caused to the skin.

Downtime is really hard to judge because of differences between everyone skin. I don't have any problems going out the next day after a aggressive roll were I bleed like a stuff pig. I do think I am more the exception to the rule though. My face at worst looks like I have a sunburn and sometime you can see "strawberry" kind of marks on high points of my face like the cheekbones. I don't look totally normal but not bad enough that someone is going to wonder what happened to my face. I do sometimes get small skin flakes also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, I was mostly just posting worst case scenario to get response. From what I gather the 1.5 is the best for collagen formation but the 2.0 can be used...correct? You are right, I will probably go with 1.5. Now I just have to find time to do it.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Going to roll tomorrow. I was going to today but ran out of time.

But mostly I'm bumping this because this thread has almost *one million* views! Does anyone know if that's an EDS record? Can we push it over the edge? Very Happy
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
lots of information to be found on this site:
www.clinicalresolution.com

I was able to locate more info when clicking on parts of the world outside NA.

BFG
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Can I use the Lifeline Night Serum after a cosmetic roll? Or does it contain too much junk...? Confused

What can be used post-roll except Environ??
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Can I use the Lifeline Night Serum after a cosmetic roll? Or does it contain too much junk...? Confused

What can be used post-roll except Environ??

I've used AnteAGE serum and accelerator after a roll several times. Can't say I noticed any miraculous results though.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I've used AnteAGE serum and accelerator after a roll several times. Can't say I noticed any miraculous results though.

What did you like using after a roll most?
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
In a couple weeks, I am going on a womans weekend with friends in Las Vegas and we'll be going to the medspa/esthetics conference that weekend to walk the floor, pick up samples and attend lectures on needling and serums and peels, etc.

I am hoping to learn something, lol.
If any of you have specific questions to ask the needling people, please let me know and I can make a list and we all learn something as I will come back and post what I learned. I hope they will take questions after the lectures...or at the very least, I can ask at the booths, presumably they will have trained people there.

Peace, BFG

I hope you learned a lot and I can't wait to hear all about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

What did you like using after a roll most?

I really don't have a favorite. Not to be a downer, but I just haven't noticed much benefit from dermarolling or dermastamping. I've done a series of 6 0.5mm rolls followed by a 6 month rest period. With that series I rolled in a DIY oil mixture with retinyl acetate and tetra C.

Then I did a series of 6 1.0mm rolls with a 1.5mm dermastamp in the problem areas. After those I used AnteAGE. I will say that I had minimal after roll redness as a benefit from the AnteAGE. I just saw no improvement in the wrinkles I was trying to smooth.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi SG,

If you don't mind my questions -

How far apart did you space your treatments?

How long has it been altogether since you started?

0.5mm may not be long enough for collagen induction, but 1.00 and up should be.

BFG
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a favorite product to use either while rolling or afterwards?

I use the usual A,C,E combo but would like to add EGF.

I found this one at the Dr. Roller site. What do you think of it?

I'm not recommending anything just wanting to 'enhance' future rolls.

http://www.dr-roller-shop.com/100-egf-serum
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi SG,

If you don't mind my questions -

How far apart did you space your treatments?

How long has it been altogether since you started?

0.5mm may not be long enough for collagen induction, but 1.00 and up should be.

BFG

For the 0.5mm I did them every 7-10 days. For the 1.0mm and 1.5mm, I did them every 4-5 weeks. The last one was in January 2013. It's been about a year and a half since I started.

I do think there is some validity in the "need to bleed" to get results. I don't bleed much at all, even with the 1.5mm dermastamp fully in. Just some minor spots. I must have pretty thick skin.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use the NeoCutis BioGel (with EGF) during and after a dermal needle treatment. I can't say if it is the product or the tiny holes in my face but it feels fabulous 1 week out!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |