Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
FloridaUSA wrote:
Quote:
re: itching

I usually just put on cocoabutter. But I've done it with nothing after and still get the itching. Maybe itching is just part of the healing process, but its a real bother. And the itching lasts for days!!!

Anyone else get this?

I do sometimes. My belief has been that it's just the inflammation that rolling provokes. Your body may simply be ultra-sensitive to the histamines or whatever chemicals are secreted in response to the inflammation. I don't get it all the time, but it has happened. For me it lasts maybe 24-48 hours. Sometimes it's just a few hours. I'm sorry it's bugging you like that!

I may be off base, but that's what I think.

HTH... Very Happy
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
FloridaUSA wrote:
After I roll Im really itchy, and the itching can last for a couple days. Any suggestions?

If you are using a numbing cream, perhaps you're allergic to it.
FloridaUSA

Fri May 30, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think it might be the histamine, as it happens without numbing cream too, even a little bit of rolling on my face with the 0.5. Wonder if an anti-histamine would help. Maybe I'll try that! Thats whats really holding me back from really going at this, I cant stand the itching.

I googled and found this:

Wound healing is a very long and complex process which progresses in stages.

Three stages of wound healing can be classified as: I. Inflamation; II. Proliferation; and III. Remodeling.

These stages are fairly well understood and can be further broken down into specific cellular mechanisms that promote wound healing during each stage. The process can ultimately last for months or even years, depending on exactly where it is on the body, what type of tissue it is, and the kind of use that the tissue receives in terms of daily stretching and exposure to the environment. But in general, since sensation in and around the affected area comes from nerve endings (there are no nerve endings inside scar tissue ... but there are all around scars), itching comes from stimulation of those endings. In early healing, such stimulation can come from the processes of healing itself.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
FloridaUSA wrote:
I think it might be the histamine, as it happens without numbing cream too, even a little bit of rolling on my face with the 0.5. Wonder if an anti-histamine would help. Maybe I'll try that!

It's worth a try. Maybe 2 Benadryl 30 minutes before you roll will do the trick.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
And now it's time for "Rolling with The Newbie Wuss - Part III"... Very Happy

Tonight I rolled my face and jawline.

I wiped down my face with the Bactine Pain/Cleansing Spray and then applied Super T. I waited 30 minutes, and then wiped the Super T off my forehead and started there (I wiped the Super T off each area right before I did it).

I used my .5mm roller, and then wiped each area with the Bactine spray after I finished rolling.

The forehead was sensitive, and I started sneezing. The upper lip was also sensitive, and I sneezed there too (but it was manageable).

After I finished up, I pulled out the 1.0mm and did the sides of my cheeks where the pigmentation is, my 11's, my marionette lines, and a little on my crows feet. I think applying the Bactine after rolling with the .5mm helped it sink in and deadened the area further.

I am going to apply copper peptides after 30 mins, and Retin A 30 minutes after that. Then I will apply Vit C in the morning.

My face currently looks like a red beach ball...we'll see what it looks in the morning.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Laughing Shock Laughing Laughing

Bethany you crack me up to no end.. I find myself checking this thread, just to see what antics your up to.

I wish I had the balls to try this too.. Laughing
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany I'm following your progress with interest and I'm curious about the Bactine Spray..just how "numb" does it "numb"? I'm using Tridocaine and quite honestly I don't feel it numbs enough. When I roll (1.5mm), I want to apply 500 grams of pressure (I think I read that somewhere in this thread), but if I did that, you'd hear me screaming in Australia!!
After rolling I end up with that badly sunburned look, but I don't feel that the needles are penetrating enough. So I just wondered if Bactine would be a better solution Confused
BTW, what's Super T?
Thanks Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
bethany wrote:

Laughing Shock Laughing Laughing

Bethany you crack me up to no end.. I find myself checking this thread, just to see what antics your up to.

I wish I had the balls to try this too.. Laughing

Let's just say that I am thinking that there may be a direct correlation to Botox killing my brain cells, and my decision to try this, lol. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Bethany I'm following your progress with interest and I'm curious about the Bactine Spray..just how "numb" does it "numb"? I'm using Tridocaine and quite honestly I don't feel it numbs enough. When I roll (1.5mm), I want to apply 500 grams of pressure (I think I read that somewhere in this thread), but if I did that, you'd hear me screaming in Australia!!
After rolling I end up with that badly sunburned look, but I don't feel that the needles are penetrating enough. So I just wondered if Bactine would be a better solution Confused
BTW, what's Super T?

Thanks Very Happy

Anya,

I can tell you that numb isn't numb enough with the Bactine, lol. It barely takes the edge off of the .5mm, so it would NOT be good enough for the 1.5mm. Bactine combines Benzalkonium CL 0.13% w/w (First aid antiseptic) and Lidocaine HCL 2.5% w/w (Pain relieving spray)....I think the antiseptic is a definite benefit, and I like to use it as a germ killer before I roll.

The Super T is a numbing cream that I got from a tattoo supply place...it is 4% lidocaine, 2% tetracaine, 12% benzocaine cream anesthetic, and I am NOT wowed by this at all.

Today I ordered some "Climax Spray"...yes, it is to prevent premature ejaculation. Embarassed But it is 10% lidocaine, and I am hoping that it will help more than the Super T. I ordered it from India, so it will obviously take a bit to get here...but once it does, I can let you know that works.

Oh, I also have that badly sunburned look at the moment, and most likely will throughout the weekend. Fortunately, I am in Florida and most people would think that it IS a sunburn! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls...I just wanted to point out to the newer girls rolling, that a few of us have found that the pain/ouchies is not necessarily worse with the longer needles. I have recently been "multi tasking" my 1.5mm and using it gently several times a week in addition to my more intense rolls. I would say that the ouch factor is similar if not the same. I think the sensation of the needles on the skin is where the pain sensation comes from rather than the deeper penetration??? But just my experience.

I find that my hands do not hurt at all with the 1.5mm...and I quite delight in aggressively rolling them (no numbing) I must be a sicko!!!!

I mostly can't be bothered dragging out the ice for my rolls and just go for it. I really beleive it is just a case of mind over matter. But I am a toughie Laughing

congrats on rolling adventures to all the newbies.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I rolled my chest, neck and face with the 0.5 mm today. I agree with Rebecca that the pain factor isn't necessarily smaller with the shorter needles. Rolling is rolling, regardless of the needle size.

I applied a non-acid vit C serum pre- and post-rolling and used light/medium pressure when rolling. I have no idea how much 500 grams pressure feels like, but I am not able to use hard pressure as I don't use numbing cream or ice.

My initial plan was to carry out this treatment on my face three times a week in order to boost product penetration. On this point I have to say I am undecided whether improved product penetration is worth this pain and hassle three times a week. hmm

To treat scars and stretch marks on my thighs and legs with strong pressure and 1.50 mm needles once a week is much more manageable, in my experience.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Snowqueen: How do you do the 1.5 needles more than once a week. I did them once a week for 7 weeks and it took the week to recoup from that. I just did a hard roll on my upper lips on Tuesday and my face is still reacting from that roll. My face is peeling like crazy. Crusty peeling. I am going to roll parts of my face next week. Certainly not where I rolled this week. I just bought a .5 needles and will use that for my chest and face after I finish my last hard roll in the coming weeks. With my .5 roller, I will manage my skin with boosters every week. I will see how that goes. But I will not go back to the hard rolls for a long while... Couple of months I think. My lip lines look great. What I mean by that is.. they are almost gone. Yeah!!!!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Snowqueen: How do you do the 1.5 needles more than once a week. I did them once a week for 7 weeks and it took the week to recoup from that. I just did a hard roll on my upper lips on Tuesday and my face is still reacting from that roll. My face is peeling like crazy. Crusty peeling. I am going to roll parts of my face next week. Certainly not where I rolled this week. I just bought a .5 needles and will use that for my chest and face after I finish my last hard roll in the coming weeks. With my .5 roller, I will manage my skin with boosters every week. I will see how that goes. But I will not go back to the hard rolls for a long while... Couple of months I think. My lip lines look great. What I mean by that is.. they are almost gone. Yeah!!!!

No I don't do them more than once a week. I was saying I use my 1.5 GENTLY (like using smaller needles) for product penetration and hopefully skin density. I peeled a lot initially too, but don't anymore, but I have been going over 4 months.

HTH

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 7:02 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Quote:
I am going to apply copper peptides after 30 mins

Just FYI, I read somewehre that Pickart said wait an hour after rolling before applying CP's. Maybe you could reverse the application of retin-A and CP's? My understanding is that retin-A is supposed to go first on clean skin, before any other actives, anyway.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Kris Kringle wrote:
Quote:
I wish I had the balls to try this

Kris, I don't think it's a matter of balls, it's a matter of how vain are you? Laughing Obviously you're not vain enough yet. Wink

Seriously, I decided last night that I really do HATE using my 1.5mm roller. I dread it, and was actually whimpering a little the first few passes across my jawline. Rolling Eyes And this is with using a pharmaceutical pain pill AND a topical anesthetic (Tridocaine)! How much of a wuss am I???!!!

BUT...do you think I'm going to stop using my 1.5?

Hell, no.

It has too much potential value in an anti-aging regimen. The rationale behind it makes so much sense and there have been so many good reports here that I feel compelled to see where rolling can take me.

Last night was my last long-needled roll until the middle of August, when I plan to do another six week course to get beautiful for the holidays. Laughing I've even been thinking of buying a 2.0mm or a 2.5mm just for my jawline, because that's where I'm having the most trouble. I want it to TIGHTEN UP!

In a couple of weeks I'm also going to start with the .5mm several times per week to thicken my epidermis. When I start with the long needles again I'll give the short ones a break. Etc.

But my real point to all this is not to discuss my rolling plans, it's more to illustrate the fact that if I can do it, and keep on doing it in spite of my [apparently VERY] low threshold for pain, I think ANYONE can.

My advice is that if you really wanna, jump on in. The water's fine!!!! Laughing Laughing
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
FloridaUSA wrote:
After I roll Im really itchy, and the itching can last for a couple days. Any suggestions?

When I first started rolling, I used the Leaf and Rusher and I would itch like crazy! It only lasted for that one night- Thankfully. After about the third or fourth time, I didn't have the itching. When I use the 1.5, I don't itch at all.

I haven't read this thread for a couple of days and boy did I have some catching up to do.

I don't use any numbing when I roll but I think I "toughened up" with the smaller roller?
The only place that just kills me is my upper lip. I save it for last, squeeze my eyes shut and GO! I don't even think I breathe. Embarassed
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Kris Kringle wrote:
Quote:
I wish I had the balls to try this

Kris, I don't think it's a matter of balls, it's a matter of how vain are you? Laughing Obviously you're not vain enough yet. Wink

Seriously, I decided last night that I really do HATE using my 1.5mm roller. I dread it, and was actually whimpering a little the first few passes across my jawline. Rolling Eyes And this is with using a pharmaceutical pain pill AND a topical anesthetic (Tridocaine)! How much of a wuss am I???!!!

BUT...do you think I'm going to stop using my 1.5? :

Oh yea, I'm too vein. I see those lines and I get so mad at them. I'd grab my roller and just try to roll them away. After the roll, I'd be apologizing to my skin. But in my mind I'm thinking go away, go away, GO AWAY! Bad Grin

Ive finished my 6th roll and I am planning on stopping for 6 weeks. But now that it's time for the next roll, I have to fight myself and not do it. Whoever said it was addictive was right. I've got to find a place on my body to roll. Very Happy Am I crazy? I've never been into needles or self mutilation until now. Question
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
bethany wrote:
Quote:
I am going to apply copper peptides after 30 mins

Just FYI, I read somewehre that Pickart said wait an hour after rolling before applying CP's. Maybe you could reverse the application of retin-A and CP's? My understanding is that retin-A is supposed to go first on clean skin, before any other actives, anyway.

Yubs, thanks for the time check...I'll move the CPs out further next time.

Pickart advocates applying the CPs first, and then following up with the Retin-A to drive them in further. I have been doing that for about 6 months, and have found that while I still get the Retin-A benefits (mainly no zits for me), I do not get the irritation around super sensitive areas like near my nostrils.

Either the CPs are buffering the irritation from a wound healing standpoint, OR they are limiting it's effectiveness slightly. Either way, I am ok with it because I was having problems wearing MMU anywhere near the corners of my nose due to the Retin A irriation before I adopted this method.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Update on my .5mm/1.0mm roll of my face and jawline last night...

Today my color isn't too bad at all...slightly red, but not fire engine red.

The bad news is the swelling - while the sides of my face are fine, the center of my face is extremely swollen. However, I have more of a tendency to swell than most people, and saw the same thing happen with Fraxel. BTW, I have done very low sodium for 2 days to ensure I didn't have sodium water retention AND swelling from the skin trauma.

Just as an FYI, I do roll quite aggressively, both in pressure and in number of rolls.
And I can definitely tell the difference between the .5mm and the 1.0mm. so I must be a bit more sensitive than most (not so lucky me)....perhaps it is related to my fibromyalgia?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
BUT...do you think I'm going to stop using my 1.5?

Hell, no.

It has too much potential value in an anti-aging regimen. The rationale behind it makes so much sense and there have been so many good reports here that I feel compelled to see where rolling can take me.

I have to agree....the clinical results for this are just too compelling for me to ignore!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Today I ordered some "Climax Spray"...yes, it is to prevent premature ejaculation.

Laughing Where did you come up with the idea to use this stuff Bethany? Hope they ship in a plain brown wrapper Razz

Sherry, glad to see you're getting good results on your lip lines. I'm not noticing any improvement to mine, partially because they're awkward to do + the pain factor.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Quote:
Today I ordered some "Climax Spray"...yes, it is to prevent premature ejaculation.

Laughing Where did you come up with the idea to use this stuff Bethany? Hope they ship in a plain brown wrapper Razz

Well, they did say " *** Your discretion is assured *** " on my receipt! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
hi,someone posted this link on female first & we are all talking about the same subject,
w w w.
femalefirst.co.uk /board /about 22228-0-asc-5955. html (i put spaces cause they wouldnt let me post it)

i was wondering has anyone used the roller on stretchmarks & if so any improvement?
im waiting for my 2mm roller & emu oil,thats all i could afford for now.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
hi,someone posted this link on female first & we are all talking about the same subject,
w w w.
femalefirst.co.uk /board /about 22228-0-asc-5955. html (i put spaces cause they wouldnt let me post it)

i was wondering has anyone used the roller on stretchmarks & if so any improvement?
im waiting for my 2mm roller & emu oil,thats all i could afford for now.

Hi Ace...welcome to EDS!

I just used my roller for the first time on stretchmarks this week, so I can't personally speak to any success. However, here are a few posts of interest:

From page 35:
catski wrote:
Hi Scots. I did six of these very interventional rolls. Sometimes I spaced them apart by ten days or two weeks, to allow the skin to recover fully. I was using the 1.5.

I applied supercop2 afterward, too, sometimes pretty soon afterward ( really severely ouchy) and sometimes not untill the day after rolling.

It was dramatic, in terms of redness, swelling, hurtiness.And it was also dramatic in terms of really huge improvement.

What were previously fuschia 'runs in your stockings' deep marks, are now very pale, closer to the surface. And the whole area has better quality skin. It was previously ruined skin that was crepey and overstretched. ( I feel I should say that I got such appalling stretchmarks probably because I was depressed when pregnant and I ate like a horse and applied no oils to my body.. Crying or Very sad )

The skin now isnt noticeably ruined, from a distance. But it isnt even and smooth. So I'm planning to do another round of rolling in the autumn, and I'm wondering about getting a longer needled roller, as Zenity did for her sister.
I'm beginning to think that I maybe able to entirely undo the damage. It would not only lift my spirits hugely from the aesthetic point of view, but also make me feel I'd made it up to myself for the way I neglected myself when I was pregnant.
So it feels a wonderfully creative proccess. I'm very amazed by it.

From Page 10:

Zenity wrote:
Cahoot yes, the Dermaroller helps with stretch marks if used in a regular basis.
I have been using it on my sister's old stretch marks since September along with glicolic acid and tretitoin (also known as retinoic acid, not retinol) and results are amazing. In the most resistant areas they are not gone 100% but almost invisible , most of them are invisible, though.
I have heard from other users (just of the acids) that after 6 to 12 months of consistent use some of their strecht marks were gone forever, so i guess the dermaroller has helped a lot to accelerate the process. In some areas you would never ever suspect it was a stretch mark before.

So far we are very pleased an happy.

I have to say that we used the professional dermaroller 2mm deep sometimes the 3mm and I am the one giving her treatments, she is a bit scared to do it herself.

From Page 11:
Zenity wrote:
Cadia, it is great for hands!
I am using 1mm for my hands and can't wait to start using it for my face and neck
I totally love it! I am going to start using it too in elbows and knees. I have some sagging issues on "phase 1" that i want to stop to go to phase 2.

I think the dermaroller is just great.
My sister is so impressed with it that for the first time in 20 years cannot wait for the summer to wear a bikini and show her belly free of stretch marks to the world! yeeeeeeeaaaahhhh baby!
The side effect to her is a more taunt and thicken skin in the areas we have been working on, plus on her hips cellulite is dramatically reduced.
Really, this thing is absolutely doing wonders for her.
I am thinking on buying more of the professional rollers I have while I still have the chance. This things are quite expensive even in ebay and I really got a deal with them.
Wink

Keep rolling girls this is getting better and better!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just did my first roll tonight with the .5 mm. I did not use anything to numb the area, as when I saw the needles, they didn't look like anything to me! I may not have pressed very hard, as it is hard to know what pressure to use. I am a little red and a tad itchy feeling, but otherwise just fine. I am ready to get the 1 mm already for my lip lines! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |