Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the tips, snowqueen

I tried ice B4 and it did work a little better on the lip area. will do that again. and I think the fingers underneath is a good thing to try! this is where I need the most help, so I want to do the best job there

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am ending my break, and doing my firts long needle roll (well, long for me! Very Happy ) since July 4th.

I am going to try a slightly different tactic tonight. I have had fabulous results in the trouble areas where I have consistently use the Dr. Roller 3Line 1.0mm roller, which penetrates deeper than the regular 1.0mm roller. I used it on my 11's and around my eyes, and the improvement has been significant.

My process tonight is as follows:

- Begin the wine consumption, since I seem to have way more pain than most people, and this helps quite a bit.

- I cleansed with the Bactine Pain Relieving Spray (which also kills bacteria)

- I did a quick .15mm baby roll on my face, neck, chest, and hands to assist in quicker penetration of my numbing agent

- I sprayed my face (covering my eyes with cotton rounds) with 10% lidocaine "Climax Spray" (which should be named Anti-Climax Spray) from alldaychemist.com. I am now waiting for that to kick in...

- I will spot roll my forehead lines, 11's, crowsfeet, and neck rings with the 3Line BEFORE rolling with the regular roller. This will allow me to target those those specific lines before they get all inflamed from using the regular roller

- I will then roll everything with the regular roller (and continue to drink wine, sigh)

- When done, I take a long shower with tepid water to flush out my pores, and then apply Super GHK copper peptides when completely dry. 30 minutes later, I will apply Retin A on my face and hands only. My chest and neck will get 302 A Boost and Lightening Drops in the morning to avoid any retinol reactions.

We'll see how it goes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am ending my break, and doing my firts long needle roll (well, long for me! Very Happy ) since July 4th.

Wow...I think this new tactic is going to pay off in I do it every month.

I just finished up my 3Line targeted rolls, and I am waiting (and drinking) for the 2nd application of Climax Spray to kick in. I can't believe how much I bled during that...there is no way I could do a 1.5mm roll, but everyone's skin is different! I might work up to that over time, but I am not there now.

In a bit, I will be doing an all over roll with the regular 1.0mm roller.

I will be holed up for the next 3 days....I tend to look way worse than most people after doing this. Thank goodness I will only be doing it every 4-6 weeks going forward!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have to tell you that I am in SHOCK at how much I am bleeding during this roll....I think the the ZO Skin Health products are definitely regenerating my skin.

The pain and the blood far surpass anything I have experienced since May...this is probably a good thing, though I am not happy at the moment.

I still have to do my neck, chest, and hands, but I am out of wine!!! Shock Shock Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I look HORRID today...very swollen and very burned looking. Definitely a "why do I do this to myself?" kind of day. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I look HORRID today...very swollen and very burned looking. Definitely a "why do I do this to myself?" kind of day. Sad

Bethany, I can totally relate... a couple weeks ago I did the "subcision" with diabetic lancets on my N/L lines and frown lines and it's just now starting to look normal. It almost looked like I'd drawn in those wrinkles with a red marker : |

I'm eyeing up a 3 line 1mm roller for more spot treatments (I think that will be more effective than the lancets), but I'll be sticking to the .25mm for the rest of my face. I'm so glad I never got around to trying the 1.5mm on my face... I'd have had to hide out in the house for weeks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany, I can totally relate... a couple weeks ago I did the "subcision" with diabetic lancets on my N/L lines and frown lines and it's just now starting to look normal. It almost looked like I'd drawn in those wrinkles with a red marker : |

I'm eyeing up a 3 line 1mm roller for more spot treatments (I think that will be more effective than the lancets), but I'll be sticking to the .25mm for the rest of my face. I'm so glad I never got around to trying the 1.5mm on my face... I'd have had to hide out in the house for weeks!

It will be close to 2 weeks before my skin is back to normal, and that is only with the 1.0mm. I own a 1.5mm, but may never use it...not when I am seeing such great results with the 1.0mm and the 3Line 1.0mm.

I posted this on the thread where I shared my VISIA Digital Complexion Analysis results:

bethany wrote:
BTW, I haven't done Botox since February and it is always completely gone in 3 months (or less, sigh). My derm mentioned doing my forehead, but she didn't mention my eyes or my glabella 11's...the glabellas used to be HORRID and would be the first thing to reappear. They are now only 25% of what they used to be, and I really attribute that to the rolling.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30842

However, I do believe that some people really do need the 1.5mm...especially if they have deep wrinkles or folds, acne scars, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
a couple weeks ago I did the "subcision" with diabetic lancets on my N/L lines and frown lines and it's just now starting to look normal. It almost looked like I'd drawn in those wrinkles with a red marker : !

You did WHAT Shock More information please!!

Bethany, I'm almost jealous of your self-mutilation! I just don't get any bleeding at all. Do you go over each area 5 times and how hard do you press? All the best for a speedy recovery. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
a couple weeks ago I did the "subcision" with diabetic lancets on my N/L lines and frown lines and it's just now starting to look normal. It almost looked like I'd drawn in those wrinkles with a red marker : !

You did WHAT Shock More information please!!

Bethany, I'm almost jealous of your self-mutilation! I just don't get any bleeding at all. Do you go over each area 5 times and how hard do you press? All the best for a speedy recovery. Very Happy

Keliu, check on page 72 of the dermaroller thread (near the bottom) and you will see where Foxe first talked about subcision. Then you can see what Lowbrowscientist did on page 75.

As far as my self-mutilation (and that is exactly what it feels like, sigh), I do about 5 passes on each area in 4 directions. I do press quite hard the entire time, so I have no doubt that I am getting full needle penetration. I would rather do a very intense roll less frequently, since I look like crap no matter how short the needles are. Sad

But keep in mind that I even get a few blood drops when I use the .15mm, which is nuts, because you don't have any blood vessels in the epidermis.

Hmmm...maybe I have a very, very thin epidermis? This weekend I read a text book that Dr. Obagi wrote, and it said that the epidermis is no thicker than 3 or 4 book pages.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm with you now! I thought a lancet was like a scalpel - I thought Lowbrowscientist was cutting out her 11s Laughing

I'll be extremely interested to see if the effects of your intense rolling shows up on your Visia skin analysis - so keep us updated.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany - I applaud your technique!!
Begin the wine consumption, since I seem to have way more pain than most people, and this helps quite a bit.

I will use that one the next time. Of course - that might also have something to do w/ why your bled so much.... Oh well - better to be numbed up, IMO.

I so wished I could have had similiar results as you. I do think the blood might show deeper penetration (and - IE - lead to better results??). I definitely did not do 5 passes in each direction. Only did 2. Better do more next time.

It's really nice to hear you don't need so much Botox as time goes on. I have some pretty bad 11's. It would be nice to see results there. (Better work harder on that spot)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
bethany - I applaud your technique!!
Begin the wine consumption, since I seem to have way more pain than most people, and this helps quite a bit.

I will use that one the next time. Of course - that might also have something to do w/ why your bled so much.... Oh well - better to be numbed up, IMO.

I so wished I could have had similiar results as you. I do think the blood might show deeper penetration (and - IE - lead to better results??). I definitely did not do 5 passes in each direction. Only did 2. Better do more next time.

It's really nice to hear you don't need so much Botox as time goes on. I have some pretty bad 11's. It would be nice to see results there. (Better work harder on that spot)

Foxe, I drink that much wine every time (or I can't roll), so I can't blame the additional blood on that, but good thinking.

While I am not a proponent of getting sloppy drunk (because then I drag the roller and get scratches Shock ), I do think 2 glasses of wine loosens me up considerably, and allows me to ignore all those popping sounds as the needles puncture my forehead. Confused

The 3rd and 4th glasses let me do the most painful areas, like my neck and chest. But by the time I get to my hands, I am pretty shot.

I have to find a way to make this work with 3 glasses max...that 4th just kills me, and I'm scared to wake up in the morning and see what damage I caused, or what new area I decided to roll. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Ok, I'm with you now! I thought a lancet was like a scalpel - I thought Lowbrowscientist was cutting out her 11s Laughing

Holy cow...I bet you thought she was totally nuts!

Keliu wrote:
I'll be extremely interested to see if the effects of your intense rolling shows up on your Visia skin analysis - so keep us updated.

I think the intense rolls with lots of holes (as required to kick off the wound healing cascade) are what got me to the 99% on the wrinkles. I have rolled that way since maybe my 3rd roll (I think this was my 8th long needle roll).

I noticed out of the blue the other day that there is only 1 faint line left next to my eye...I was really surprised to see that. The glabellas have greatly improved as I mentioned above, and one forehead line is completely gone in the middle, and there is just a tad left on the side. The other 2 forehead lines have definitely softened, but they are still there, darn it.

So, it took 7 rolls and 4 months to see that improvement...not bad at all. Actually, those are FAR better results than I got with the stupid Fraxel for $3,500 2 years ago. Rolling Eyes

Hopefully another 7 rolls will knock the rest of them out completely! Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe and Bethany:

It sounds like you are putting your CPs on immediately after rolling? I thought I had read earlier in this thread that one should wait a bit before applying CPs.

Kiley
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kiley wrote:
Foxe and Bethany:

It sounds like you are putting your CPs on immediately after rolling? I thought I had read earlier in this thread that one should wait a bit before applying CPs.

Kiley

Kiley,

I take a long shower, flush out all my new wounds, and wash with soap to help disinfect.

By the time I have dried off enough to put the CP's on, it has been at least 30-45mins.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
As everyone may have read, I did a very intense, alcohol-fueled roll on Sunday night. I figure if I am only rolling every 4-6 weeks, I need to make it worthwhile! Very Happy

I had previously told my sister about the dermaroller, and she had declared me nuts, but was mildly curious. Of course SHE spends about $30k per YEAR at the derm, and that doesn't even include the airfare and travel to NYC to see him. Shock Shock Shock

Ok...back to reality for we common folk, lol....

Tonight was the first time that she has seen me post-roll, and when she saw my red, still-swollen face after 2 days, she just stared at me for a minute. Then she declared that my skin looked like one of my mother's old purses, and that she would be continuing her laser treatments at the derm. Rolling Eyes

Gotta love family, sigh.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kiley wrote:
Foxe and Bethany:

Kiley

Kiley,

I take a long shower, flush out all my new wounds, and wash with soap to help disinfect.

By the time I have dried off enough to put the CP's on, it has been at least 30-45mins.

Ah! Thanks so much!

Kiley

P.S. Sisters... don't get me started Mad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kiley wrote:

P.S. Sisters... don't get me started Mad

LOL...I know exactly what you mean!! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, are you using the 302 products and the CP's after your roll?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bethany, are you using the 302 products and the CP's after your roll?

I apply Skin Biology Super GHK after 30 minutes.

Then I apply Retin A to my face and hands, and 302 A Boost and Lightening Drops to my neck and chest which are more senstitive.

I will then apply the 302 mixture everywhere 2-3x a day for the next 3 full days to saturate the skin with A and C like Environ recommends. I also apply a mixture of tamamu and emu oil.

Of the 4th day post-roll, I go back to my regular products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Day 3 update on my roll....

...I started peeling WAY more than usual on Day 2, and I suspect that it is because I did the Retin A Mask a week ago, and never really peeled from that at all.

I also noticed that peeling in the areas that I spot treated with the 3Line roller was more significant...like the wrinkles on my neck.

My redness is starting to decrease, and I attribute that to the tamanu and emu oil - both are anti-inflammatories. I start using the emu oil 24 hours after the roll, and add in the tamanu after 48 hours...I wait a bit for that one because it stings, even after 24 hours. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bethany. I could not remember what you were using post-roll!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

It *looked* almost as bad as that!

And now I know why: the diabetic lancets have a beveled cutting edge. : /

Dr Fernandez (I think?) states that injection needles shouldn't be used because they have a cutting edge that can cause scarring, and the lancets have the same thing. I REALLY hope I haven't made things worse. I definitely see no improvement, but that means nothing at this stage. I guess I'll just have to cough up the cash for a 3 line if I want to get rid of these lines Neutral ... or maybe i can just try Foxe's method with a thin sewing needle? Am I a glutton for punishment? Very Happy
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kiley wrote:
Foxe and Bethany:

Kiley

Kiley - I actually applied the CPs before AND after my roll last time. Diana Yvonne recommended applying them before and I read somewhere else about doing them after, so I did both to cover both bases. No ill effects. It's been about a week since I did it too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
... or maybe i can just try Foxe's method with a thin sewing needle? Am I a glutton for punishment? Very Happy

That thin needle worked for me once before. Hoping it will again - but it's just been a week so far.

Speaking of a glutton - I definitely heard that popping sound Brittany spoke about when I used subscision.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |