Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
That's useful mangosteen, I think I'll try the Emla cream! I want *maximum* numbing"!

I have Tridocaine Spray and tubes of Lidocaine (the petroleum jelly stuff you mention); while both may numb my lips if they get into my mouth, I still find the Dr Roller painful. In fact as time goes on I find it worse, not better, and keep putting it off.

I wish drroller-eu would stock the 3-line roller, I get stung by customs whenever I order it from the US. Confused

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mangosteen,

Thanks so much for your input about EMLA and tridocaine. Very helpful!

(Well, carp - wish I'd known that *before* I ordered the tridocaine... Oh well...)

It's so confusing as other posters have said the exact opposite - that EMLA did nothing for them and the tridocaine worked. Maybe I'll just have to conduct my own "scientific" study and see which works best for me. (Of course, that entails ordering the EMLA now...) < sigh >

Just wondering - has anyone had experience with something called Topicaine? It comes in both 4% and 5% strength in a non-oily gel form. Any reviews on that one??? Question
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
mangosteen wrote:
A special shout out to Bethany for the links to all the articles and connection to Jack for discounted dermarollers. THANKS!!! You're a gem. Very Happy

You are VERY welcome!!

I am very much looking forward to receiving my EMLA cream....I sure hope it works that well for me. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I wish drroller-eu would stock the 3-line roller, I get stung by customs whenever I order it from the US. Confused

I'll write Kaia and ask today.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Bethany--I didn't see that you had ordered Emla already. Reading about your trials and tribulations is what inspired me to stop lurking and start typing. I hope the Emla is as effective for you as it is for me. Before using it(using tridocaine) I couln't get much of a roll at all on my sensitive upper lip area. With a layer of Emla on for twenty minutes, it is SO numb, I can't feel a thing. Maybe you'll be able to cut back on the wine and save yourself a post-roll hangover!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany and Mangosteen - Quick question - where's the best (and fastest???) place to order EMLA from?

(Can you tell I really would like to be numbed for the 1.5 rolling???) Wink
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
Hi Bethany and Mangosteen - Quick question - where's the best (and fastest???) place to order EMLA from?

(Can you tell I really would like to be numbed for the 1.5 rolling???) Wink

I just ordered from this place, and they said it would be manufactured in Isreal, shipped from the UK, and would take about 3 weeks to get to the US. And I picked them because I thought shipping from Canada would be faster! Rolling Eyes

http://www.canadapharmacyonline.com/DrugInfo.aspx?name=Emla%20Cream5500&RefID=froogle

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Gah! Three weeks??? I don't think I can wait that long...

< wondering if Baby Anbesol will work > LOL
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I just ordered from this place, and they said it would be manufactured in Isreal, shipped from the UK, and would take about 3 weeks to get to the US. And I picked them because I thought shipping from Canada would be faster!

Wondering if it takes so long because the EMLA needs to get a teeny tiny passport for all its travels... Laughing
mangosteen
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny, I got mine from canadapharmacy (different site than the similar name Bethany mentioned). I live in the US and it took just shy of three weeks, posted from UK.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mangosteen... I ordered mine from Canada Drug Superstore. I'm guessing that mine will take about the same amount of time as yours and Bethany's.

Guess I'll just have to be patient. Sad
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
For any UKers looking for Emla cream cheap, don't go on ebay! I paid £6.95 for a 5g tube, then discovered expresschemist is cheaper. That's what I get for clicking on the first link I find Embarassed

Looking forward to being Comfortably Numb (or something) Laughing

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
That's useful mangosteen, I think I'll try the Emla cream! I want *maximum* numbing"!

I have Tridocaine Spray and tubes of Lidocaine (the petroleum jelly stuff you mention); while both may numb my lips if they get into my mouth, I still find the Dr Roller painful. In fact as time goes on I find it worse, not better, and keep putting it off.

And eek, I meant Xylocaine spray above, Tridocaine is something different. Silly me. Either way, both of those options are no good for me. Eagerly awaiting the Emla!

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ljk wrote:

I'll write Kaia and ask today.

Done - I'll know if/when I hear back from her.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, I can't figure out how everyone does the quote thing....but you wrote this: "Gumgirl, do you cover your face with saran wrap and wait for 2 hours before rolling?

I just ordered some from the place below...my hangover today was just far too bad to continue with that nonsense!"

The EMLA cream is fast acting (15 minutes), no SARAN wrap necessary. However, it needs to be applied thickly, esp. above the lip. Make sure your face is dry. It is not necessary or recommend to rub this product in, simply apply a thick coat.

I got sidetracked and it was starting to wear off by the time I did the rolling.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
gumgirl wrote:

The EMLA cream is fast acting (15 minutes), no SARAN wrap necessary. However, it needs to be applied thickly, esp. above the lip. Make sure your face is dry. It is not necessary or recommend to rub this product in, simply apply a thick coat.

Gumgirl, I've been using Emla for years and the directions have always been to apply thickly (as you said), cover with an occlusive dressing (i.e. saran wrap, or a medical covering) and leave on skin for one to two hours. In fact, I'm looking at the insert right now, just to double check, and, same as always.

Is it possible that you have a different product with the same active ingredients? (Or maybe my version is an older one because I'm buying out of country...?)

Hell, I'd *love* to find a product that's equally effective but fast-acting and not requiring saran wrap. The saran wrap is such a pain to keep in place for that long!

Bethany, for the record, I never leave Emla on longer than an hour and I'm always totally and completely numb, so you can experiment with the time. I think some people leave it on even less and it still works great. It's possible that it wears off faster, though.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
gumgirl wrote:
Hi Bethany, I can't figure out how everyone does the quote thing....but you wrote this: "Gumgirl, do you cover your face with saran wrap and wait for 2 hours before rolling?

I just ordered some from the place below...my hangover today was just far too bad to continue with that nonsense!"

I got sidetracked and it was starting to wear off by the time I did the rolling.

Gum, look up at the upper right of each post, and you will see thw QUOTE option...click on that, and it will put the post in a quote format for you. Smile

I am shocked that it works that quickly!

Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Bethany, for the record, I never leave Emla on longer than an hour and I'm always totally and completely numb, so you can experiment with the time. I think some people leave it on even less and it still works great. It's possible that it wears off faster, though.

Totally and completely numb sounds like exactly what I need. If it does work that well for me, I could actually move up to the 1.5mm roller!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if any one alternates peel and rolling? Or is there any benefit to doing some peels prior to starting rolling?
(I already have some TCA 12% and 24%)
thanks
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to get some of that elma cream but I already have 3 tubes of the tridocaine (and I'm cheap so I'll have to use it all up!)

I also didn't get the elma originally bcz of the saran wrap business. where do you get the kind that doesn't need the wrap? (for when I run out of my current supply of tridocaine Wink )

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I would like to get some of that elma cream but I already have 3 tubes of the tridocaine (and I'm cheap so I'll have to use it all up!)

I also didn't get the elma originally bcz of the saran wrap business. where do you get the kind that doesn't need the wrap? (for when I run out of my current supply of tridocaine Wink )

I'm also interested in finding Emla that doesn't require saran wrap! I do have Emla and it works very well for me, but mine does require the SW and about an hour to kick in.

But in lieu of that, check out some of these numbing agents used for tattooing:

http://www.tattooequipment.com/medical_supplies.html (scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page)

http://www.dermalsource.com/dermal_home.html (first link on the top left of the page... and look! this site has their own dermaroller!)

http://www.superiortattoo.com/category.aspx?categoryID=251

I havent looked at all the options and compared prices yet, but I'm interested in trying one of these, since they do not require the saran wrap and they are fast acting.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lowbrowscientist -

Many, many thanks for the very helpful link! I think I may end up trying one of those topicals - and I'm thrilled that you found a store in the U.S. (3 weeks for delivery is just kinda long for an impatient gal like me...)

Plus, it looks like some of the topicals come in a gel or waterbased formula. (I'm really not a fan of the ointment type topicals - 'cause they're so hard to remove!)

Thanks a million!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I was wondering if any one alternates peel and rolling? Or is there any benefit to doing some peels prior to starting rolling?
(I already have some TCA 12% and 24%)
thanks

Have you seen Chinachatters' pictures? She overdid the rolling and the peels, and ended up with severely dehydrated skin and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

YMMV, but just something to consider.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Check out some of these numbing agents used for tattooing:

http://www.tattooequipment.com/medical_supplies.html (scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page)

http://www.dermalsource.com/dermal_home.html (first link on the top left of the page... and look! this site has their own dermaroller!)

http://www.superiortattoo.com/category.aspx?categoryID=251

I havent looked at all the options and compared prices yet, but I'm interested in trying one of these, since they do not require the saran wrap and they are fast acting.

Just an FYI...I tried the SuperT and hated it. It was very gritty and I actually had an allergic reaction that caused major inflammation and redness. And the container was VERY small!!

5% products discount

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding Emla and plastic wrap for occlusion, I'm pretty sure the instructions (which I can't seem to locate) did suggest using it. However, I never have done the plastic wrap thing and I get serious numbing in 15-20 minutes. I can't imagine I could get much more numb with an occlusion, nor would I want to. This method allows me to roll with reckless abandon. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for those links Lowbrow. I've used the Emla cream where you have to use Saran Wrap and found it such a PITA. I got it OTC at Walmart Pharmacy - tiny tube for around $12CDN. Currently using Tridocaine, but I'm still looking for a heavy duty numbing cream that will allow me to give myself a "bloody" good roll Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |