Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick update on a couple of things related to my last rolls....

Arms/Hands: While I have previously rolled my hands, I had never rolled my arms. As you may recall, I tried out my 1.5mm roller on my hands and arms (followed by RA), and ended up loosing sheets of skin from both areas. However, 2 weeks later both areas look great...I will definitely roll my arms again.

The Girls: I rolled them a week ago with the 1.5mm, followed by 302 A Boost and Lightening Drops (this is NOT an area for RA!). As anticipated, they also peeled lightly. I wouldn't mind getting rid of some silvery stretchmarks I have had there since I was a teen, but I am not sure that is feasible since they have been there soooo long!

The Roller: While I have had fabulous results with the 1.0mm roller, I really do believe that I will need the 1.5mm to get rid of some of these deeper lines on my forehead and possibly my neck. (drat!!)

Even though the pain from the 1.5mm was far worse that what I ever imagined, I am still going to try and incorporate it into every roll. I figure I will do as much as I can with the 1.5mm, and then switch to the 1.0mm when I just can't stand it anymore. That will allow me to get both some deeper injuries, as well as the dense needling required to kick off the wound healing cascade.

EMLA: I got my EMLA in the mail, so I may do a targeted roll just on my forehead lines tomorrow night. I already have a black eye (from some new numbing method that failed!!) and bruised lips from touching up my lip fillers at the derm on Friday, so why not some roller trackmarks to complete the look? Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany...are you going to change to a 1.5 3 line roller also? Good to hear of your progress Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
batwhirl wrote:
Hi Bethany...are you going to change to a 1.5 3 line roller also? Good to hear of your progress Very Happy

Hey Stranger, where have you been?? We've missed you!! Very Happy

I am indeed upgrading to a 1.5mm 3Line, which I have *hopes* of using if the EMLA does its job.

Jack (who I buy my Dr. Rollers from) told me 6 months ago to work up in needle length, and that the longer needle lengths would not be so traumatic if I did it that way. It didn't seem to play out that way the first time that I used the 1.5mm, but hopefully it will get easier with time like using the 1.0mm did.

But I am still replacing both of my 1.0mm rollers...I think I will still need them for quite some time.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one from a canadian company, Dermal Integrity (150cdn). They sell MTS Roller, it has 200 needles. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, about 3 times a week at night. My pores look so much better and so does the scar on my forehead.

Jen
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just looked at the Dermal Integrity site. Wow, the picture shows great improvement in the woman's skin.

Bethany, would you kindly remind me about the needles; length, size, etc, please?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bethany, would you kindly remind me about the needles; length, size, etc, please?

In what context...what you should use when?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I thought you posted something about the size of the needle (diameter) being important vs the amount of needles, or vice versa. I will try to search around and see if I can find what I am looking for!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
jarcham wrote:
I bought one from a canadian company, Dermal Integrity (150cdn). They sell MTS Roller, it has 200 needles. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, about 3 times a week at night. My pores look so much better and so does the scar on my forehead.

Jen

Which model did you buy?

Also, can you tell me about the needle pattern...are they all in straight rows, or do they zig zag a bit?

Thanks!

BTW, I thought this was one of the most honest statements that I have seen from any rolling vendor (MTS is really great about documentation, etc.)...I believe they are referring to one of the longer needle lengths (.5mm or longer) since those are recommended for estheticians and other trained providers:

Quote:
Q: Do you see a difference after one MTS Roller™ treatment?

A: Yes. Some improvement will be evident after one treatment, but real differences are achieved with monthly clinical treatments. After the third treatment, in conjunction with weekly personal roller use, a patient will notice significant changes. The full effect is achieved after five to six months.

http://www.dermalintegrity.com/microneedling/mtsroller.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I thought you posted something about the size of the needle (diameter) being important vs the amount of needles, or vice versa. I will try to search around and see if I can find what I am looking for!

Most rollers have about the same number of needles...196-200.

However, the thickness of the needles often varies...the lower-end knockoffs seem to have the thinnest needles. In this instance, thinner is not better, but you cannot go too thick either. The Dr Roller needles are Max.0.3mm (at the base), Min.0.03mm (at the pointy end)

The needle pattern is fairly important...cross-linked needles create more tension on the skin, and allow needles to penetrate more deeply. If the needles are lined up in straight rows like this :::::: then they are NOT cross-linked. Cross-linked needles are staggered, like bricks are laid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bethany. That is what I was looking for, specifically the "thickness" of the needle!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, Bethany. That is what I was looking for, specifically the "thickness" of the needle!

Oh, there are SOOOO many places I could go with this, but I will refrain. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Oh, there are SOOOO many places I could go with this, but I will refrain. Bad Grin

Too funny! Naughty girl. Laughing
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I rolled again last night. Been doing it about every 3 wks. Skipped my cheeks a couple of times when I had the reaction to tea tree oil (actually took about 8 wks to completely clear up).

I am really hating this. And I didnt' have any wine first (might've helped Confused )

I sneeze on my forehead when I roll it and my upper lips are way too tender. Just can't do the lips at all. I did a pretty good job otherwise - at least as far as more rolls and deeper penetration too. I couldn't ignore the lips, tho, and did use subscision on them. That hurts me way less.

I cleansed, used Retin A 45 minutes before, then tridecaine for 20 minutes. After rolling, I cleansed and then applied Super CP Serum. My face was a nice beet red in most places (obviously rolled better in some spots). I also had quite a few pin pricks of blood. More than I've ever had.

I have been having such great results w/ the CP serum that I believe using the roller for deeper penetration of the CPs will really kick my results up a notch! I've used the CPs for 7 months and rolling for the last 2 months. I hadn't done many rolls nor were they very deep (and also skipped the cheeks on earlier rolls.)

The comments I've gotten recently speak volumes for what I'm using on my skin. (Me thinks CPs have given me the most results, keeping fingers crossed the roller helps too).

Just this past weekend a 60 yr old guy I was talking to guessed me to be 40-ish. He is married to a much younger (47) and very pretty wife. He was floored when I told him I was 50 and couldn't get over it. Even said something about my skin. (Thank goodness those blemishes finally faded!) This almost tops getting carded last month (they have to card everyone under 35).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations, foxe. Sounds like you are having great results. Thanks for sharing your results with the CP's. It is encouraging to hear of peoples improvements!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I couldn't ignore the lips, tho, and did use subscision on them. That hurts me way less.

Foxe - what did you use for subcision, sewing needle?
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
batwhirl wrote:

Hey Stranger, where have you been?? We've missed you!! Very Happy ... But I am still replacing both of my 1.0mm rollers...I think I will still need them for quite some time.

Busy, how about you? I am anxious to hear how your new numbing cream works...I'll be watching the forum for your progress!

In fact I've been to busy to complete my last roll about a month ago so I may start a new series next month instead of waiting 90 days:-).

I can see improvement on my crows feet and lip crinkles using the 1mm rollers but I would like to see more improvement so maybe I'll jump to the 1.5 also...

I'll be lurking! Have a great day everyone!!!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, did you ask your Derm for a numbing cream recommendation? I recall you had an appointment last Friday. Also dying to know what you think of the Emla cream Wink.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
foxe wrote:
I couldn't ignore the lips, tho, and did use subscision on them. That hurts me way less.

Foxe - what did you use for subcision, sewing needle?

Yep - that's what I use. It's as narrow a needle as I could find in my stash. Does the job for me. At least I don't squirm using it and only needle myself as much as I can stand (not much in other words). Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Congratulations, foxe. Sounds like you are having great results. Thanks for sharing your results with the CP's. It is encouraging to hear of peoples improvements!

Thanks rileygirl. The CPs have done a lot for me. In other areas than my face, too. So I have a lot to shout about. If the roller can kick in additonal results for my aging issue - they might be mistaking me for my daughter!! LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I should've waited an extra day before rolling!! My Elma cream arrived in the mail today.

How do you go about occluding the areas covered by the cream anyway? Full sheet of plastic wrap w/ holes cut out for the eyes,nose and mouth?

Or not bother w/ wrapping?

Do you think I can roll those upper lip lines tonight (using Elma) since I didn't hit them very much last night?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Bethany, did you ask your Derm for a numbing cream recommendation? I recall you had an appointment last Friday. Also dying to know what you think of the Emla cream Wink.

I did ask her, and she gave me some free stuff to try...two good size tubs. I opened them when I got home, and found that they were a benzocaine (20%), lidocaine (10%), tetracaine (4%) mix...which I know from past experience that I am allergic to (Super T is similar, but weaker).

I may try it on a small area anyway....a little irritation will go great with my black eye. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've got 2x 5g tubes of Emla too from ebay. I'm a bit nervous about overdoing it after reading the contraindications on the leaflet so I want to do it safely!

How much should I need for the face/neck? I don't have any bandages; will it still be as effective? TIA. Very Happy

Also, how long until the Dr Roller goes "blunt"? I've used my 1.5mm about 6/7 times so far.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
anya wrote:

I did ask her, and she gave me some free stuff to try...two good size tubs. I opened them when I got home, and found that they were a benzocaine (20%), lidocaine (10%), tetracaine (4%) mix...which I know from past experience that I am allergic to (Super T is similar, but weaker).

I may try it on a small area anyway....a little irritation will go great with my black eye. Cool

Laughing Too funny!

I'm due for another round of pain myself and would really appreciate if you would post the name of that cream Bethany. I could ask my Dr. to prescribe it for me. Other than that, then I'll have to use a bottle of wine Bad Grin
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I'm due for another round of pain myself and would really appreciate if you would post the name of that cream Bethany. I could ask my Dr. to prescribe it for me. Other than that, then I'll have to use a bottle of wine Bad Grin

I just looked at the container, and it appears to be something that my derm had specially compounded at the pharmacy for his office...it has 99 refills left, lol. Unfortunately, I also noticed that it expired in April 2007! Shock

That EMLA better work, because that's the only option I have left!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

That EMLA better work, because that's the only option I have left!

Hi Bethany - What happened to the Climax (Anti-Climax?) spray? I was thinking about ordering some, on your recommendation - but won't if you're not recommending it now... Wink

TIA!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |