Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the dermaroller from the skincarewebsite.Can you use it under your eyes though?I have one little line that just popped up and I wonder if I use the dermaroller would help smooth it out.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use it near the corner of my eye - crow's feet area. Just depends how sensitive you are.

Did you get it fromwww.skinstore.com?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes it was the skinstore.com but now they emailed to say it is backordered! I went to the other website too leafrush...I dont remember and they were out of stock.Ebay only sells the 400 model so I will just wait for the skinstore to send it....
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy,

I see the consumer dermaroller for sale on Ebay. Here are two postings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEAF-RUSHER-DERMA-ROLLER-NEW_W0QQitemZ330111500378QQihZ014QQcategoryZ116151QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leaf-Rusher-DERMA-ROLLER-NIB-Sealed-2-99-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ150114339719QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33164QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
thanks! I canceled the skin store because it was 50 more than the ebay seller.I didnt see that one on ebay I had missed it somehow thanks for bringing it to my attention.I just bought the one for 70, its still new in box and cheaper.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, too! I just purchased one, as well, since I've been lurking and reading up on this little device. My last TCA peel was a great success for my pores so I'm hoping this will further my smoothing goal.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
To "kyplantjunkie"

I also have some white scars on my face from picking at blemishes/acne a long time ago. White spots that are smaller than the size of a dime, about 3-4 of them.

This derma roller that you have with the longer needles, are you saying it works better than one with shorter needles for the white scars?

I'm wondering if my skin's too sensitive for one with longer needles, it's used to AHAs and BHAs and Vit. A, etc., so it's not super sensitive, but it's pretty thin and kind of sensitive.

Also, to anyone with dermarollers, how do you sterilize it? It seems it could cause infection if it's not sterilized after each use since it's needles ?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
A rep from Dermaroller said to use denture cleanser to clean.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I cant remember where I read it but I heard after using you should rinse in hot water and keep it in a jar of alcohol. Also put it in the dishwasher once a week.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:
How do I maintain the Dermaroller ? How long can I use the Dermaroller ?

The needles will become blunt after several months of use. We recommend to use a new roller after 3-4 months. To keep the roller germ free we recommend to keep the head in isopropyl alcohol all the time. The roller comes with a special box which can be used for that. Just fill in enough alcohol to cover the head. Shortly before use just rinse the head with water. The roller can and should be washed in a regular dishwasher every 7 days. The high water temperature and the detergents are ideal to clean the roller head. Maintaining a clean head is especially important if you use the roller for creamy substances like MGF, Spirolotion or simular...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
do you use this once or twice a day? Before or after putting on your face creams?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use it once a day. After cleaning and putting on products to help push the product into the skin. I think using it more than once a day might irritate my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
thanks.What improvements do you think you have experienced since using the dermaroller?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well, as I posted before, I think it's a combination of using the Dermaroller with Leaf & Rusher Active Serum and Eye Treatment. Noticeably reduced fine lines (crow's feet, ll, and horizontal lines across forehead), pore refinement (smaller), better skin tone + a nice glow.

I initially had a little bit of breakout on my chin and forehead - might have been a combination of hormonal and reaction to introduction of Leaf & Rusher actives. On FAQ onwww.leafandrusher.com , they say this is normal. That has gone away and IMO my skin is looking like it did when I was years younger. This is only after a month of using!

I just got two more Leaf & Rusher products to add to my regimen: Day Treatment and Rapid Resurface. I used the Day Treatment (cream) yesterday for the 1st time and will be trying the Rapid Resurface today. These are the 1st products that have really made me say WOW

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
so you are saying that we NEED to buy the leaf rusher products for it to be effective? I think I only purchsed the dermaroller I dont think products came with it....
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I searched my email for what the Dermaroller rep said about taking care of it. She wrote:

Quote:
Make sure you do not soak it in any type of solution as there is medical grade bonding; any wet solutions may affect the bonding. Spray with alcohol and let dry. Several times a week soak in a solution of water and denture tablet to dissolve the fat enzymes on the roller. Once the fizzling stops -- rinse and let air dry. I usually suggest a toothbrush holder with the handle down.

I myself don't soak it in alcohol and after reading this, I think this is best.

Re: "needing" to buy Leaf and Rusher products

No, I'm not saying that but I am saying that I started using the dermaroller (which Leaf&Rusher is the distributor of in the US) and the Leaf&Rusher products at the same time. So, it is hard for me to distinguish if it is the combination of both that is causing the difference - but there is a visible difference in my skin since starting about a month ago.

I'm sure the dermaroller is good for helping any products penetrate the skin. I also think the needles force the skin to produce more collagen to repair the "tiny holes" that you can't see (that is my just my opinion).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I do think needling helps to build collagen and better absorption of products. I will try the dermroller first with my products and if I do not see any visible difference I may purchase the leafrusher products.If it only lasts 3 months then it costs approximately 300 pr yr to regularly replace,...may have to skip a botox treatment!
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
The Novaderm roller came with instructions not to soak it in anything-simply to rinse under hot tap water, air dry, AND to be used by only one person.
After rolling, I rinse with warm water, then apply Vit C serum and Retin-A. Every second or third time(I'm not terribly consistant) I use cp's and retin-a.
I've also gotten a 1.5mm roller (from ebay-canada), which I've used twice now- it seems to be the extra oomph I needed to begin repigmentation of some white spots on my face from old acne. I assumed it would hurt (the novaderm doesn't faze me), so have applied a topical anesthetic 15 minutes before rolling with the long one!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I have some confusion about the dermaroller.If you go towww.consultdrminas.com you can click on the dermaroller and he has a whole section on it......it seems the home use one may help you absorb your products but it is also to be used in conjunction with the medical use roller(treatments by a dr) for the deeper treatments you get maybe twice a year.The deeper treatments induce collagen growth...not so sure the home use model does as much...I have a little confusion on that but I will try it anyway.
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I found this website few days ago, they sell dermaroller and many other products.

I think they sell the dermaroller for 90 usd. Smile

http://www.consultdrminas.com/eng/06_pharmacy/00_roller.php
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if the skin is irritated by using Derma roller.And can I use it my face with acne pimple? Crying or Very sad
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone's skin is different. It probably depends how sensitive your skin is. But I definitely would avoid rolling over a pimple or other skin "irritation".

From http://www.consultdrminas.com/eng/06_pharmacy/00_roller.php#04:
Quote:
The Dermaroller should NOT be used on pustular acne lesions, active herpes outbreaks, or any other acute infection or inflammation of the skin. If you are in doubt of your skin condition do not hesitate to consult your MD.

My skin gets a little pink afterward but it goes away quickly. It is recommended to use the dermaroller at night before going to bed - for this reason. It only takes a little while for the skin to calm down (on most people).

I was using the dermaroller every day with actives and think I will back off to every other day. I have fair skin and I think it needs a little rest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Okay I want full reports back from the ladies who just bought these. Especially you Scally! I just went to potentially purchase one but there isn't any being sold less than $100. Guess I'll just have to wait!

I do wish they would come out with one that is equal or greater than .2mm for at home use. The .13 cannot reach the dermis and therefore isn't considered "collagen stimulating". I wonder why they jumped from .13 to .5 without anything in between? There are other brands but the dermaroller company does a great job at making these other ones appear inferior, including the Novaderm.

http://www.dermaroller.de/Needle-info.htm
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
tamgirl so what are you saying that the dermaroller with.13 sold at leafrusher will not stimulate collagen Crying or Very sad ? The longer needles though are for medical use and to be used only twice a year right?And I think you need several days at least to recover from it.I thought the one at leafrusher would stimulate collagen.I always hear certain products will stimulate collagen(like retin A etc) How do they really know?Sometimes I think skin co.'s just use that as a sales tool when they are trying to sell skin products...new lasers etc....I have come to mistrust a lot of claims having been duped more than once!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
tamgirl so what are you saying that the dermaroller with.13 sold at leafrusher will not stimulate collagen Crying or Very sad ? The longer needles though are for medical use and to be used only twice a year right?And I think you need several days at least to recover from it.I thought the one at leafrusher would stimulate collagen.I always hear certain products will stimulate collagen(like retin A etc) How do they really know?Sometimes I think skin co.'s just use that as a sales tool when they are trying to sell skin products...new lasers etc....I have come to mistrust a lot of claims having been duped more than once!

I was trying to do as much research on this as I could, so I will share with you what I have learned so far. The epidermis of the face is around .15mm thick. Therefore, you need a roller at least .2mm thick to hit the dermis where collagen is stimulated/formed. The dermaroller site even says that the one for home use only penetrates up to .07mm so it doesn't even come close. I haven't seen any sights that sell the dermaroller claiming to increase collagen directly. They all mention that it helps actives to penetrate further which could help or not, but it all depends on the actives being used.

While I realize not all of the info out there on the net is always right, this information was pretty consistent throughout all of the sites (including other needle roller sites).

Here the dermaroller site compares it's various models and only the professional ones mention collagen stimulation:

http://www.dermaroller.de/derma-t_engl.htm

HTH!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |