Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
also is 0.1% too strong?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, one tube of Retin-A from ADC doesn't last that long for applying daily to stretchmarks, but it depends entirely on where you're treating. They aren't very large tubes. I'm probably 1/4-1/2 of the way through my first tube. Where are you treating Ella's Mommy? And after you treat the first area, do you have others you're going to roll?

Next time I buy from ADC I'm buying at least 12 tubes of the Retin-A. And the Climax spray is pretty small as well. I bought a pack of 3 with my first order. I'm still on my first bottle. I will say that I thought the Climax spray was useless the first time I used it, but I rolled my lower abdominal area last night (very sensitive!) and I sprayed the Climax spray and left it there for around 5-10 mins., then rolled and it was very numb.

.1% should be fine. I'm using the .05% from ADC because I wanted the cream, not the gel (burns and dries me out), and they don't carry (as far as I can tell) the .1% in the cream formulation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, the DIY Vit. C for body recipe is on page 2 here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=393753#393753

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I knew I should have brought 10 of those. I'm doing my belly. i don't have stretch marks directly down the center,just on the opposite sites of my belly down to the panty area. it looks like i have () on my belly (the shape looks like that). does that make any sense? don't think im getting it out right. my belly is the only thing i'm worried about it, so its the only thing i'm working on. I also have loose skin around my navel

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, well a tube should last you awhile then. Maybe around a month? I really have no idea. Just pay attention to it and reorder so you don't run out! Smile I also think the rolling will help your loose skin. There's a picture on one of the articles Bethany posted that has an improvement of loose belly skin. I've also noticed my skin on my boobs firming up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
about the glycerin. I think its a thicking agent... to make it more of a "serum" consisteny.

I figured since i have so much going on in my tummy area im gonna do a little experiment. i ordered the LAA for the diy vit c serum and retin a so i'll just add it when it arrives. but until then...
one side i will only derma roll ( LIGHTLY just enough to for my aloe vera which contains vit a,c,e to penetrate) and lotion that contains collagen elastin.

the other side I am using the jean wu method followed by light rolling to also help those lotions to absorb.

however when my products do arrive i will continue to do the same thing only i will no longer use those lotions but the diy vit c and the retin a. however i also ordered climax. the jean wu side will remain the same except for the vit a & c, but the rolling side will be more aggressive followed by the a &c.

i hope that the 5 tubes that i did order will last at least 3 months so i can leave decent feed back on both side. I'm thinking about posting pictures but i heard that its a bit diffcult, so i'll just post it 3 months from now. if anyone has any suggestion plz feel free to comment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
your boobs firmed up? by rolling and vit a & c? did u roll all over?... now i wanna roll my boobs Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy,

I think the experiment is a good idea. I sort of wish I'd left one side alone now. But, oh well!

Yes, my boobs did firm up somewhat, but it's not like I had a breast lift or anything! LOL I'm definitely not walking around with perky adult film star boobs! Wink I just did the tops of them so far, but I plan on doing underneath later and then in awhile, the tops again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Ella's Mommy wrote:
'okay so i've been trying to post this for DAYS now but i keep getting an error message... i've been reading the tread from page 1 and i'm no where close to being done, but has anyone ever tried the stretch mark cure dot com? I've been trying it since november but no improvement, so starting next week i'll combine that method with derma rolling for the stretch marks. has anyone ever tried that before? or seen any improvement for doing it

LOL...I don't know why but your "BS" comment made me laugh hysterically. Smile

Re. that website. It's called the Jean Wu Method and you can read a lot about it online if you search it. Some say it works, some say it does nothing, I tend to lean towards it doing nothing.

I don't think you really need to include this with your rolling protocol. I doubt it would hurt (except for a few days after rolling), but I don't see much purpose. Personally, I'd stick with the standard Vit. A and Vit. C. I add in dry brushing, but I don't know that it has any effect on the rolling process whatsoever.

I will say that now that I'm about 2 months post first roll I'm seeing a huge difference in my stretchmarks. Huge. I'm going to wait another month and then re-examine, but I think I might need maybe one more roll on this particular area to eliminate them completely.

im reading the female first thread and a few girls are saying they are seeing results as well. i read that someone said that they used vit C serum after rolling then Retin A the next day. but since you said ur having results id rather ask you. do you use then together or apart as well?
(forgive me if you already posted that,i have been reading for a few hours tonight & im tired,everythings kinda blending together right now lol)

also i want to add thanks to everyone on this thread,everyones so helpfull.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:53 am      Reply with quote
LOL...I'm one of those having results on the Female First board--I'm Erin. Smile

Anyway, I use Retin-A at night and the Vit. C spray in the mornings. I also apply Retin-A right after a roll (after I shower post-roll). It doesn't seem to bother me, but if you're sensitive, you could wait a day to apply the Retin-A.

I do not apply the two together. I'm not sure if there's a technical reason why or if this shouldn't be done, but I'm just following what's suggested for facial application.

It's all definitely working--I wish I had taken some before photos!

5% products discount

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I reside in Canada where many of these vitamin a and c drops are hard to come by (302 in particular), and purchasing vitamin A and C serums by most skincare lines are pretty much unaffordable with the currency exchange.

I see some are making their own vitamin C serum with Ascorbic Acid...where can one acquire it?

Also...what about making my own vitamin A mix? Has anyone got any ideas of what to use, ar a more generic product that has proven efficacy? RetinA thins out my skin too much and I don't wish to use it again if other forms are available.

Thanks!!!
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
I knew I should have brought 10 of those. I'm doing my belly. i don't have stretch marks directly down the center,just on the opposite sites of my belly down to the panty area. it looks like i have () on my belly (the shape looks like that). does that make any sense? don't think im getting it out right. my belly is the only thing i'm worried about it, so its the only thing i'm working on. I also have loose skin around my navel

mine look like that too,i don't have any down the middle either. and the same with the loose skin around my navel.i cant say i have any real results yet but I'm sure it has to do with what I'm using & not using with it.so I'm waiting for the stuff to make my vitamin C serum. and looking into other things.ill post my routine when i pick one. and hopefully ill have something great to post When i get results (gotta think positive)
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanx ACE. i'm glad im not alone on that one. I have a few trips coming up so i'm doing everything i can to make my belly look better. I started my experiment last night, but i also ordered all my stuff yesterday. right now my roller is only 1mm i'll wait a week before i order 1.5, i saved the link to the discount rollers.

P. Girl,
do you use the 1.5 on your boobs? as soon as i get all my products i'm rolling my boobs all over. i won't be able to wear a bra for a few days i'm sure. I doubt i'll have perky adult film star boobs Laughing but the closer i get i'll wear a tank top all year round... even when it snows... well maybe Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
LOL...I'm one of those having results on the Female First board--I'm Erin. Smile

Anyway, I use Retin-A at night and the Vit. C spray in the mornings. I also apply Retin-A right after a roll (after I shower post-roll). It doesn't seem to bother me, but if you're sensitive, you could wait a day to apply the Retin-A.

I do not apply the two together. I'm not sure if there's a technical reason why or if this shouldn't be done, but I'm just following what's suggested for facial application.

It's all definitely working--I wish I had taken some before photos!

well now i dont have to post on both lol.my name is the same on both.i dont post much on there because not a lot of people respond to me.i dont understand why because ive never been rude.
also i had a friend named erin lee who recently passed away.she also worked in a spa.(she was looking into the results of the lasers and other stuff there to tell me if they had any Real results)
and now u erin lea started posting about having results with ur stretchmarks.maybe its a sign. (maybe im crazy lol but i think thats pretty cool) either way im def gna follow your routine.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Retin A is also for acne & i read a lot about it making acne worse before it gets better. i don't have bad acne just a touch of breakouts,usually during my time of month,

that's what i got my dr to write the scrip for and luckily my crappy insurance paid for it (the generic) mostly i want to use it for my stretch marks but i wanted to add a little to my face for my forehead line and old acne scars

anyway ill get to the point lol, i used a touch on my face already and i did get more breakouts.has anyone had this problem? how long does it last & does the Vitamin C counter act that side effect?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
Retin A is also for acne & i read a lot about it making acne worse before it gets better. i don't have bad acne just a touch of breakouts,usually during my time of month,

that's what i got my dr to write the scrip for and luckily my crappy insurance paid for it (the generic) mostly i want to use it for my stretch marks but i wanted to add a little to my face for my forehead line and old acne scars

anyway ill get to the point lol, i used a touch on my face already and i did get more breakouts.has anyone had this problem? how long does it last & does the Vitamin C counter act that side effect?

Retin A causes more initial breakouts because it's "purging" the skin of impurities and things that need to come out. It brings all the gunk to the surface and once it's gone, your skin starts looking a lot better. On the other hand, some people have more problems than usual with the peeling and dryness of retin A and they never get to the "really great skin" phase. I'm one of those peole, actually - retin A just isn't for me. I can use it on a VERY light schedule (as in, twice a week or less) but I doubt I'm really getting any benefit from that. So, I'm going to be using 302 A Boost from now on, since it's the only vitamin A product I can use on a regular basis and get really great results with. If retin-a turns out to be a problem for you, don't forget all the other options. There are a lot of good retinol/vitamin A products on the market right now that can offer similar results.

Vitamin C, as far as I know, will not have any effect on the acne one way or the other.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:

P. Girl,
do you use the 1.5 on your boobs? as soon as i get all my products i'm rolling my boobs all over. i won't be able to wear a bra for a few days i'm sure. I doubt i'll have perky adult film star boobs Laughing but the closer i get i'll wear a tank top all year round... even when it snows... well maybe Confused

LMAO...I hear you on the tank top!

Yes, I'm using a 1.5 on my boobs. I'd be gentle when doing underneath and use the Retin-A sparingly there. That's where I got the most irritation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:

well now i dont have to post on both lol.my name is the same on both.i dont post much on there because not a lot of people respond to me.i dont understand why because ive never been rude.
also i had a friend named erin lee who recently passed away.she also worked in a spa.(she was looking into the results of the lasers and other stuff there to tell me if they had any Real results)
and now u erin lea started posting about having results with ur stretchmarks.maybe its a sign. (maybe im crazy lol but i think thats pretty cool) either way im def gna follow your routine.

That's a pretty strange coincidence I'd say. Maybe it IS a sign! Wink

And yes, that other board is a PITA. I cringe everytime I go to post there.

How long ago was your first roll btw? It took me a good 2 months to see real results, but these are definitely results I see on my left arm area. It gets better everyday. Woo hoo!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrow-This is a bit off-topic, but have you tried Tazorac? I'm using Retin-A on my body b/c it's cheaper, but I use Tazorac on my face because it just does something different to my skin. Retin-A worked okay, but I didn't wake up with WOW skin, but with Tazorac, I get that wow factor.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
wow it sounds so great

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Lowbrow-This is a bit off-topic, but have you tried Tazorac? I'm using Retin-A on my body b/c it's cheaper, but I use Tazorac on my face because it just does something different to my skin. Retin-A worked okay, but I didn't wake up with WOW skin, but with Tazorac, I get that wow factor.

No, I haven't, but thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't even considered it, actually. So, the tazorac really made a difference, huh? I was under the impression that retin a and tazorac would do pretty much the same thing, just with a different delivery system. I love the 302 A Boost but I'd love to be able to use something a little stronger during the winter months (I'm leery of anything that will make me more sun-sensitive during the summer)

Can tazorac also be purchased without a prescription? If I can get it at a reasonable cost, I might give it a try!
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you can get the Tazorac from Alldaychemist without a prescription. I was SO happy to find it there because I'd used it years ago (my mom's a doctor and had samples of Tazorac at the time) but then I had to stop because she was out of samples and it's expensive to buy. So I went back to using Retin-A and immediately noticed a difference. When I got my Tazorac from ADC I woke up the next day with the skin I wanted. For me, it's a miracle product. I'm not sure what's different about it, but for me it's a huge difference. I've heard from other people (there are people on this board that've mentioned this) that they have the same experience with Tazorac. Also, the generic Tazorac from ADC is very moisturizing, which is nice.

It's around $4 a tube at ADC so it's a steal! I'm stocking up on my next order. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
P Girl wrote:

That's a pretty strange coincidence I'd say. Maybe it IS a sign! Wink

And yes, that other board is a PITA. I cringe everytime I go to post there.

How long ago was your first roll btw? It took me a good 2 months to see real results, but these are definitely results I see on my left arm area. It gets better everyday. Woo hoo!

i roll every 6 weeks,i think ive done a total of 3 or 4 rolls.i have a 2.5mm dr roller. it sounds like you roll more often. mabe im not doing it enough.i hate the wait anyway,i get so excited about my next roll except when im actually doing it & i think "what the H am i doing" lol (everyone else looks at me like im nuts when i tell them i roll) lol the lengths we will go for beautiful skin.

i dont want to use any numbing stuff because i feel it may effect results.i may be wrong.im going to try ice next time.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ace,

Well, I'm rolling several different areas, so it's sort of a staggered treatment schedule and then it seems like I'm rolling myself constantly. My left arm, where I'm seeing the best results, has been rolled twice. The latest time was in early-mid February (very intense pressure) and I'm now seeing the results. (I've since started a little diary so I can keep track of when I'm rolling)

I also did decide to do an experiment where I roll my left side very intensely, but not very often and then I'd do my right side with much lighter pressure and do it weekly. I've started the experiment, but it's way too soon to tell anything. The last time I rolled my right arm was March 3, so by my experiment schedule, I need to do it again this week. I do, however, think it's going to be difficult for me to tell if one way is better than the other (aside from no results) because my left arm has shown so much progress, to the point where the stretchmarks are barely even visible. So a comparison will be difficult.

I know what you mean--my husband thinks he's going to come home and find that I've gone crazy and rolled my entire body into oblivion! It hurts way too much to get that carried away though! LOL

Ice works pretty good. It's kind of a pain, but just do small areas at a time and it works fine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Ace,

Well, I'm rolling several different areas, so it's sort of a staggered treatment schedule and then it seems like I'm rolling myself constantly. My left arm, where I'm seeing the best results, has been rolled twice. The latest time was in early-mid February (very intense pressure) and I'm now seeing the results. (I've since started a little diary so I can keep track of when I'm rolling)

I also did decide to do an experiment where I roll my left side very intensely, but not very often and then I'd do my right side with much lighter pressure and do it weekly. I've started the experiment, but it's way too soon to tell anything. The last time I rolled my right arm was March 3, so by my experiment schedule, I need to do it again this week. I do, however, think it's going to be difficult for me to tell if one way is better than the other (aside from no results) because my left arm has shown so much progress, to the point where the stretchmarks are barely even visible. So a comparison will be difficult.

I know what you mean--my husband thinks he's going to come home and find that I've gone crazy and rolled my entire body into oblivion! It hurts way too much to get that carried away though! LOL

Ice works pretty good. It's kind of a pain, but just do small areas at a time and it works fine.

so you roll your left side about once a month? how hard do you roll very hard or moderate?and i think i read on the other forum that the silvery color is blending in as well (im so excited,you definitely gave me hope back)

also does anyone know the difference between L-ascorbic acid & ascorbic acid? because i found this site that looks pretty cheap but its ascorbic acid and i don't want to get the wrong thing.

http://bio-alternatives.net/vitamin-c.htm?gclid=CKWA18jXnJkCFRENDQodmm3YCg

I'm going to call them to see how much shipping is because i found other "cheap" sites where the shipping is 4 times the amount of the product.

here's the cheap site i found for L ascorbic acid

http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Vitamin-C-L-ascorbic-acid--p188.html
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |