Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl aka Erin

i just finished reading your last few posts on the other thread.

so let me see if i got this right. your taking vitamin c & msm, thio & calc flo & the creams & serums your using are retin A & vitamin c serum. and rolling once a month on your left side.

are you also still using the tazorac?(on your face ,body or both?) im going to ask my dr to write a script & see if my insurance will pay for that too.if not ill just order it on that site u posted.

i know im probably forgetting something lol im tired again and the words are just blending in lol
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ace,

Okay, let's see...I'm taking 3000 mg of MSM, 1000 mg. of Vit. C., Biosil, and a multivitamin. I actually just started the calc fluor so it has nothing to do with my results. I decided to take the calc fluor primarily for the elasticity benefits, as well as the benefits for tooth enamel, not directly for the stretchmarks.

The only thing I'm doing topically on my body for my stretchmark treatment is Retin-A and l-ascorbic acid. I use Tazorac on my face because I prefer what it does to my skin, but Tazorac is more expensive than the Retin-A, so I just use it for my face.

Yes, I rolled my left side once a month (it may have been more like 5 weeks apart) with VERY hard pressure. The first roll I did on it was medium pressure, but the second roll I did was intense. I pressed down as hard as I possibly could. It was very unpleasant.

You can't even pick up any silvery discoloration on my left arm anymore. The only way they can be seen is if I twist my arm around to where the light is hitting the indentations from the side; however, the indentations are so shallow now that I can't feel them with my hand and some of the marks are gone altogether. I think it's going to require another roll, but I'm not positive.

I don't know the difference between l-ascorbic and just ascorbic--might want to ask that on the DIY Vit. C thread. I bought the 8 oz. tub of l-ascorbic from Making Cosmetics as you posted. It's a pretty good deal--the tub is big.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
i brought the 4.4 oz of LAA,but then again i'monly doing my tummy and pretty soon my boobs.i think it'll last me tho.

P Girl
since you found the tarozac cheaper will u start using it allover?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I heard many times the issue of l-ascorbic Vs ascorbic, and the former is the form one should look for, but the differences are not apparent other than the ascorbic is cheaper, moreover, both terms are used interchangeably when referring to either one.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
here's the cheapest i found for the emergen C with msm that P girl mentioned(i couldnt find it in the stores here)

http://www.vitacost.com/Alacer-Emergen-C-Lite-With-MSM

i found a few things im still reading and doing research but i thought id post the site

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/HealingTechniques/Dry_Brushing_Technique.htm

thats what i read about dry brushing a few months ago,i was most interested in this

(After brushing, take a hot shower with soap (about three minutes in duration), followed by a 10-20 second cold rinse. Repeat this procedure three times. If the hot/cold showers are too extreme, a warm shower can be used. Follow the shower with a rubdown with either a sponge or towel to remove dead skin)

i do the (easy) dry brushing (just brushing upwards) then the cold & hot shower about 3 times.my skin actually tingles afterwards.im still reading so i dont yet know what its all for.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
i brought the 4.4 oz of LAA,but then again i'monly doing my tummy and pretty soon my boobs.i think it'll last me tho.

P Girl
since you found the tarozac cheaper will u start using it allover?

No, the Tazorac is more expensive so I just use it on my face and use the cheaper Retin-A on my body. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
well i guess as the moment ADC isn't taking credit cards. just got an email asking for a check, but they said that my order is still being processed

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
That's annoying. There's another thread somewhere here that is talking about that. Someone said her order was being shipping and they weren't waiting for her check to arrive and clear.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
good. i hope it doesn't take forever. 2 weeks is already 2 long. and i don't wanna order another roller until i get that stuff in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
i found the answer to the hot & cold water after dry brushing.

(Finish up with your regular shower and ending with three hot and cold cycles. That means turning on the water as hot as you can take it for several seconds, then as cold as you can handle it, then hot, then cold for three cycles. End with either hot or cold.

**This will further invigorate the skin and stimulate blood circulation, bringing more blood to the outer layers of the skin.**)

i read somewhere (probably here lol I'm half asleep again) when there's more blood circulation thru the layers of your skin stretchmarks are easier to treat.
PhilipWB
5% products discount

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I have just treated myself to a dermaroller - can't wait to try it!

I went to a holistic therapist who suggested the best way to dry brush was to:

dry brush the whole body - working either away or towards the heart - I am not sure which way so don't quote me and then rub yourself in epsom salts in the the shower, no water yet, then rinse in cider vinegar, which gives you a little skin detox and then balances the skin's acid mantle - then shower.

Your skin feels lovely afterwards.

Any tips on how to get started with the dermaroller?

Philip
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
just got my LAA WOOHOO!!! the 1st thing i did was mix and then take a shower. I used the spritzer DIY also...now all i need is ADC so i can do a serious roll. this 2 week thing is killing me Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Philip

do you have vit A & C? also do i think u can take the pain? if not u should invest in some climax spray... thats what i'm waiting for at the moment

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think I'd use vinegar ANYWHERE on my body if I'm using a dermaroller. That is going to hurt like hell.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
I don't think I'd use vinegar ANYWHERE on my body if I'm using a dermaroller. That is going to hurt like hell.

Tenderized meat + cider vinegar = marinade Smile

5% products discount

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
Philip

do you have vit A & C? also do i think u can take the pain? if not u should invest in some climax spray... thats what i'm waiting for at the moment

Ella's Mommy, thanks for the reply.

I am stocking up on vit A&C before I start, but thanks for the tip about the climax spray - will see how I go without first.

Vinegar plus derma rolling = pain - Sad

Philip

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Update: I had intentions of following the protocol Bethany had sited earlier in this thread, but opted for 4 weeks of rolling with the 1.0mm (completed), taking a break of 90 days, and commencing with a roll at the beginning of May with a 1.5mm. Smile
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
yesterday i tried the dr rollers 1.5 cm.. and i hardly felt anything.. is that normal? i didnt bleed or anything and it wasnt that painful?

i think my skin is used to it already cos i use the 0.25mm, in fact, the 0.25 hurt more
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
yesterday i tried the dr rollers 1.5 cm.. and i hardly felt anything.. is that normal? i didnt bleed or anything and it wasnt that painful?

i think my skin is used to it already cos i use the 0.25mm, in fact, the 0.25 hurt more

I barely felt it at all when I first started using mine and I has some moments where I was seriously concerned I'd gotten the wrong size. When I started using extremely firm pressure, I started to feel the discomfort. Interestingly, it's only really uncomfortable for me after I've made a few passes. Are you pressing it down or just lightly rolling it along your skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
calorblind wrote:

I barely felt it at all when I first started using mine and I has some moments where I was seriously concerned I'd gotten the wrong size. When I started using extremely firm pressure, I started to feel the discomfort. Interestingly, it's only really uncomfortable for me after I've made a few passes. Are you pressing it down or just lightly rolling it along your skin?

I am so, SO jealous of those of you who can use the 1.5 and feel little to no discomfort Neutral

That thing is sheer torture for me, even through the numbing creams (with the exception of Emla, but even with Emla, my upper lip is off limits because the pain is just unreal!)
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
P Girl wrote:
calorblind wrote:

I am so, SO jealous of those of you who can use the 1.5 and feel little to no discomfort Neutral

That thing is sheer torture for me, even through the numbing creams (with the exception of Emla, but even with Emla, my upper lip is off limits because the pain is just unreal!)

Well, I didn't think to add: I'm using mine on my body so there's probably a big sensitivity difference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
yeah, i rolled it lightly at first, but i couldnt feel that much, and i pressed harder.

oh well

i guess ill have to get a stronger one.

i thought my dr.roller was faulty.

where can i can a cheap 2.0,2.5 dr roller? Kaia doesn't have it
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
yeah, i rolled it lightly at first, but i couldnt feel that much, and i pressed harder.

oh well

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

its right at the top.Jack's not as cheap at Kaia but she said she wont sell above a 1.5. and it may be a touch cheaper on amazon or eBay but a lot of girls on here say they came with broken or bent needles. and i also saw on amazon they sell new & used. besides being gross isn't that illegal?
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Calorblind

just got an email back from Jack about the price of a 2.5 for us EDS members.

Dr.Roller 2.5mm EDS price - $89.95 and Free Shipping

Thanks,

Jack
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
calorblind wrote:

oh well

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

its right at the top.Jack's not as cheap at Kaia but she said she wont sell above a 1.5. and it may be a touch cheaper on amazon or eBay but a lot of girls on here say they came with broken or bent needles. and i also saw on amazon they sell new & used. besides being gross isn't that illegal?

I bought mine on Amazon (a 1.5) and after shipping it was over $100! I didn't see any "used" ones.... Shock ...That would freak me out a bit.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |