Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
thanks,you are all so sweet.
i just hope some of this works for my stretchmarks.i havent been to the beach since i was 16,and even then it was dark & i snuck in. i cant wait to get my new roller & get started again
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
okay.. so it's only been a week and a half but after some of my peeling (all of it isn't done) but my stretch marks are thinner. I'm pretty excited about that... however the area that peeled doesn't match the color of my skin. it's more pinkish

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been having some discoloration as well, but it's fading at different rates on different body parts. Strange really.

foryourcloset-I'm using the roller for old white stretchmarks and it's producing dramatic results. I use the 1.5 mm.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Pgirl-That is soo awesome! Thanks so much for your reply. I was told nothing would help w/ white stretchmarks, so I've gotten used to them now, but any improvement would be amazing for me.

Do you mind asking me what your routine is? Ex. how often you use it, any products, etc? Do you also use the 1.5 on your face? I was looking at the discounted dermaroller thread and was thinking of purchasing from Kaia the .15 for product absorption + either the 1.0 or 1.5 for forehead wrinkles/undereye wrinkles+ stretchmark. Which one do you think would be better?
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
I've been having some discoloration as well, but it's fading at different rates on different body parts. Strange really.

foryourcloset-I'm using the roller for old white stretchmarks and it's producing dramatic results. I use the 1.5 mm.

do you think it's the vit c? I added some vit e to it. i'll see what happens, but it looks terrible. However i rolled my left boob (ha ha I know Laughing ) that one peeled and went all pinkish but its better now. the one on my hip looks the worse however.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
foryourcloset

u can check out pgirl's routine on page 122

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I am just wondering what your thoughts are on this. My melasma ( hyperpigmentation) is way worse than it has ever been...And I don't understand why..

I haven't rolled for about 6 months and only used the .5 and 1.0..
I am a retin-a user and all that good stuff..and am currently doing another round of obagi ( been a year and a half or more since I have used it)

I would only roll with a few weeks apart...

It may have nothing to do with it but I am just curious on your thoughts..

Thanks so much!

Amanda Smile
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
oops..Guess I cut off the first part of my post..( my post said.. " Do any of you think that rolling could have worsened my melasma?)

trying to figure out how it works to post here...hmmm
Sorry

I do not want to start a new thread again because I posted a few days ago and no one has responded...SO I am confused..
If I want to post in this thread, is it always considered a reply? Do I not write a header?
hmm..
sorry for the confusion Confused
Lol
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:

trying to figure out how it works to post here...hmmm
Sorry

I do not want to start a new thread again because I posted a few days ago and no one has responded...SO I am confused..
If I want to post in this thread, is it always considered a reply? Do I not write a header?
hmm..
sorry for the confusion Confused
Lol

If you want to post in any thread, yes, it is always a reply and you type your message in the big box ("message body"), leaving the smaller "subject" box blank. When you want to start a new thread, you put your topic in the "subject" box, and then ask your questions, etc. in the "message body" or the big box!
faithfullshell

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, Ive just joined (having followed this thread for a week or so)I'm 40 in October with some icepick scaring and a few larger pit scars from cystic acne.I'm excited (and scared lol!)but ready to apply for newbie position with the 'roller girls'! sorry its a long post but want to say thanks AND ask a question. first.. humongous thanks to Keliu and Bethany for the extensive information you have both supplied- this covered a gazillion questions i would have asked, and to everyone else who writes of their experience. and..could any one inform me of a reputable roller on ebay? there are a few types some way more affordable than others. I'm looking for a .5 for product and a 1.5 for scaring. Have looked at the nova site but wondering if i can get same quality for less. Thank you for your assistance. Question
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
faithfullshell wrote:
Hi all, Ive just joined (having followed this thread for a week or so)I'm 40 in October with some icepick scaring and a few larger pit scars from cystic acne.I'm excited (and scared lol!)but ready to apply for newbie position with the 'roller girls'! sorry its a long post but want to say thanks AND ask a question. first.. humongous thanks to Keliu and Bethany for the extensive information you have both supplied- this covered a gazillion questions i would have asked, and to everyone else who writes of their experience. and..could any one inform me of a reputable roller on ebay? there are a few types some way more affordable than others. I'm looking for a .5 for product and a 1.5 for scaring. Have looked at the nova site but wondering if i can get same quality for less. Thank you for your assistance. Question

Welcome Faithfullshell!

Here is the link to the Dr. Roller which is discounted for EDS members.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

This is the best quality roller to use.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
I was just wondering if someone could give me an opinion on some side effects from Retin A I have been experiencing.

I haven't rolled my stomach yet, I plan to treat my skin with RA and Vit C for a few weeks first. I have been applying RA to my stretch marks for a few days now and I noticed today that all of my marks are red or brown looking only around the edges and not any different on the actual stretch mark.(I have a lot of marks,very close together.) Does this mean the Retin is not being absorbed into the stretch marks themselves?
Thanks!
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mama,

(This is Erin from the other board btw) I've noticed my skin does the exact same thing in certain areas. For example, my abdominal area looks this way, but my arms don't. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, but it does look strange.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, all! I am new here and am very interested in the Dermaroller.I have some chicken pox scars and acne scars and I have been researching for weeks on which size I should get. I've decidd to get the 1.5mm since its recommended for scarring. My problem now is trying to find somewhere I can purchase this. I am very apprehensive of purchasing from EBAY because I don't know which are reputable.
I found a few on amazon and i was wondering if any of these are something I should buy..
I found one on amazon that is dr. roller for about 80 bucks and one called Derma Roller for 50 bucks. It wont let me post links:(
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I bought my Dr. Roller on Amazon, but when I go to replace it I'll probably buy from the discounted dermaroller thread here.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Hey Mama,

(This is Erin from the other board btw) I've noticed my skin does the exact same thing in certain areas. For example, my abdominal area looks this way, but my arms don't. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, but it does look strange.

Hey Erin! Yeah, I expected these results after seeing how badly my chest reacted. I was just concerned that the marks themselves weren't absorbing the RA because they weren't reacting to it at all. Just the skin around them.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Mamastarr3 wrote:
P Girl wrote:
Hey Mama,

Hey Erin! Yeah, I expected these results after seeing how badly my chest reacted. I was just concerned that the marks themselves weren't absorbing the RA because they weren't reacting to it at all. Just the skin around them.

Where on your body does this happen? I was wondering if it has to do with certain areas of the body.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Mamastarr3 wrote:
P Girl wrote:
Hey Mama,

Where on your body does this happen? I was wondering if it has to do with certain areas of the body.

Right now, it's on my abdomen. I'm just confused as to why my marks aren't turning red or peeling or loke the skin just around them. I will keep rubbing RA into them and see what happens. Hopefully the damaged skin will absorb it eventually.

Most of the discoloration on my chest is gone
now, thankfully. My thighs are still a weird color and very peely though. Maybe the discoloration just has something to do with my particular skin tone, and dead skin trying to come off.
Mamastarr3
5% products discount

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
***Sorry for the typos. I've gotta get to bed! Laughing
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
can you roll at all while doing obagi? Confused
Probably overkill but just thought I'd ask..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
can you roll at all while doing obagi? Confused
Probably overkill but just thought I'd ask..

This was discussed on page 124 and 125 of this thread.
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
thanks Riley..i am still trying to figure all out here.. Confused
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mamastarr3 wrote:

Right now, it's on my abdomen. I'm just confused as to why my marks aren't turning red or peeling or loke the skin just around them. I will keep rubbing RA into them and see what happens. Hopefully the damaged skin will absorb it eventually.

Most of the discoloration on my chest is gone
now, thankfully. My thighs are still a weird color and very peely though. Maybe the discoloration just has something to do with my particular skin tone, and dead skin trying to come off.

My abdomen is the same way so I'm thinking it may have something to do with the skin there. Maybe it's thicker or something?

Don't worry about not peeling. I've only peeled in areas where the skin comes in contact with other skin (like under the boobs). My arms have never peeled and that's the area where I'm getting the most improvement (and where I started this process). My abdomen is taking a lot longer to show improvement and I think it has something to do with that particular area of skin.

Also, just because you're not getting a visible reaction it doesn't mean the skin isn't absorbing the Retin-A.

Btw, how long has it been since you rolled the abdominal area? Has it just been once?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I have been using my dermaroller for about 4 weeks now, the stretch mark I was working on, which was a fairly small one on my arm, has gone, almost completely, I am amazed, it only cost me £55.00 and it actually works.

Now back to working on a stubborn wrinkle with it.

PQ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have been using my dermaroller for about 4 weeks now, the stretch mark I was working on, which was a fairly small one on my arm, has gone, almost completely, I am amazed, it only cost me £55.00 and it actually works.

Now back to working on a stubborn wrinkle with it.

PQ.

Wooohoooo! That's so exciting!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |