Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Anyway, back to rolling.
mine is the 1.5.. and I used it for the first time, and DIDNT use the numbing cream. I thought I'd try it and see. It was ok, you can think your way through the pain.. Exclamation
Although I didnt do it on my face. ( I will do, though!)
I did it on stretchmarks on abdomen, then applied supercop2 and emu oil. itch itch itch, burn burn burn! The whole area looks raspberry red right now, and is a bit tender. I'm not worried about that, I've abraded it there worse than this before, mostly by accident.. Wink

I also did my thighs. I obviously went a bit bonkers on my right thigh, as it has raised red lines on it, even today, 24 hours later.. I guess I got over enthusiastic.

Bizarrely, I can see how this is quite addictive!

I'm going to start doing my hands, definitely, as they have very suddenly aged very recently.

YAY! Dancing You broke out your roller and tried it - I'm so happy for you, Catski! And even more impressed that you rolled without a numbing cream!!! Way to go!!!

Now I don't want to alarm you, but I don't think it's a very good idea to immediately apply SuperCop2 on your skin after you've rolled. I'm going to check this out further right now, but I may not have a conclusive answer for you for another day or so.

My concern is that it may cause the development of scar tissue to form, and I know that you are trying to reverse this type of tissue. So hold off on using your CP's on your body for now, but continue to apply Emu oil everywhere.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
Excellent news (and strategy Wink ), rebecca! I hope your replacement is perfect and lasts a long, long time! Smile

I don't know how, but I read this as a lustily post about the implants... Embarassed

Note to self: Stay away from the keyboard when not awake! Laughing

Too funny! Apparently we all get a little distracted whenever the topic of implants is raised! LOL!

Speaking of which; thank you rebecca for sharing your experience with the natural breast enhancement products. It sounds as if you did achieve some success, but did not acquire much of a difference in size. Glad to hear you have a plan 'b' though! Hope your surgery goes well later this year and that you're thrilled with your results. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
For those of you who are considering rolling larger body parts, has anybody located a wider roller?

I did roll my arms last night but it takes a long time with my roller.

Yes, I need a wider one too!!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure I read somewhere that Skinbio recommend a wait time of 1 hour after needling before applying CP's.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

I'd love to know more about which part of your process was most effective against sagginess, rebecca! I dont need extra size, but I could do with a bit of a lift! Can you say a bit more about how 'mirifem' was for you?
Or maybe that should be in a different thread, but girls need to know these things! Cool

Definitely the massage. They call it "chi" massage...Place your hands spread out over your breasts, press firmly, and then do inward circles...to start you need to do about 5mins twice a day. I do it in the shower. Nowadays I do maybe a minute or so. Seems to have maintained the perkiness. Skin brushing is also good. These things are supposedly also good for your breasts b/c they keep toxins from building up, which can lead to cancer.

If you would like more info or a link LMK.

hth

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Skinbio recommend a wait time of 1 hour after needling before applying CP's.

Yes, I believe I read this too, Keliu. But the info at Skinbio changes so often that I'm not sure if this is still accurate. Hopefully, I will know more soon. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Catski - I sent you a PM!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Well I used the new Nova Dermaroller for my Wednesday night rolling session. I am more than happy with it. It's beautifully made, rolling is very smooth and the needles appear to be much stronger than my other rollers. I also bought the Ebay one from Thailand and the Clear Skincare one from Australia - this one I gave to my daughter. For those of you who are considering buying a new roller, I would definitely recommend this Korean model. The price and postage is also very reasonable compared to the others.
suesmith

Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu

Greetings from another Australian - Melbourne this time.

Could you please post the link to the model that you like best? Perhaps you mentioned the details already somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it.

I have the .3mm novaderm from Clearskincare. It is too narrow for my liking - time is too precious to be sitting around rolling, rolling, rolling. And also I woudl like to try something a little more penetrating for my scarred knees. The .3mm doesn't even tickle.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Sue Smith
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
suesmith wrote:
Hi Keliu

Could you please post the link to the model that you like best? Perhaps you mentioned the details already somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it.

I have the .3mm novaderm from Clearskincare. It is too narrow for my liking - time is too precious to be sitting around rolling, rolling, rolling. And also I woudl like to try something a little more penetrating for my scarred knees. The .3mm doesn't even tickle.

Sue Smith

Hi SueSmith, I am in Melbourne too...I bought one on ebay from a melbourne(toorak) based ebay seller. It is sold as a 1mm, though they have just confirmed, after I measured it that it is in fact a 1.5mm. I am quite happy with it, but next time would get the 1.5mm from Dr Roller, which has an Aust ebay seller. Someone posted the name back up a bit.

As far as I know they are all pretty much the same size. I would like a bigger one too. Although, I've got so used to this rolling thing, that I can do my arms and chest while I'm watching TV!!!

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone got any ideas for getting rid of the post rolling peelies.???I'm back to peeling again. It maybe that I've restarted my VitC after rolling. I LOVE my roller, but I'm already tired of being flaky all the time.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
suesmith wrote:
Hi Keliu

Sue Smith

Here's where I got the roller from:
http://www.dermarollers.com/

They are from Mermaid Beach, Queensland so you'll receive it in no time. I bought the 1.5mm. Although it's from the Nova Clinic, it is the Korean Dr. Roller.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Has anyone got any ideas for getting rid of the post rolling peelies.???I'm back to peeling again. It maybe that I've restarted my VitC after rolling. I LOVE my roller, but I'm already tired of being flaky all the time.

rebecca

Perfect question! I'm so fed up with the peeling. Not to mention the dry skin around the eyes Rolling Eyes
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu how funny that you bought from the gold Coast. I live here too and all the while 10 minutes down the road they were the roller experts. Who knew!
I have on bought of ebay for abot the same price but this one looks more substanial. I wonder if they are in the cosmetic surgery business.
Anyway I love the informative how to use guide.
Thanks for the link!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link I have ordered my second roller this one looks more sturdy than my e-bay special (although that has worked well for me).

I did get the peelies a while ago and occasionally do when I roll too often. I use something soothing after rolling (PSF O2 spray, and mild lotion from Cellbone).
I've also made a homemade brew of Aloe gel with all of the healing actives from Skinactives (can even remember what I dumped in). It does seem to help.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Just checking in....haven't rolled for 3 days Sad just b/c I've been too busy and I've got to say my skin has appreciated the break and is looking sensational. Only 4 weeks rolling anf my pigmentation is way less blotchy, lip lines greatly reduced. A little "fold" i have in one of my upper lids is "unfolding".

It turns out I have been using a 1.5mm all along, and I am so pleased I didn't know!!!!

Back to rolling tomorrow...and back to peeling I guess Confused

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:

Definitely the massage. They call it "chi" massage...Place your hands spread out over your breasts, press firmly, and then do inward circles...to start you need to do about 5mins twice a day. I do it in the shower. Nowadays I do maybe a minute or so. Seems to have maintained the perkiness. Skin brushing is also good. These things are supposedly also good for your breasts b/c they keep toxins from building up, which can lead to cancer.

If you would like more info or a link LMK.

hth

rebecca

believe it or not, I know just what you mean about that massage, I've done it before. gosh, I'm so inconsistent.. Rolling Eyes I'll get back to doing it. It's qute a novel thing to do, isnt it. But, yes, it has a definite effect. Thanks for reminding me!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:28 am      Reply with quote
OK. Got a STRANGE question for you Rollergirls. (tho what can be stranger than rolling Laughing )

I've got a big night out in a 2 weeks time and at my age with 2 kids, they don't come around that often!!!

Anyway, I'm thinking, my skin looks so great several hours after rolling, that I'm wondering if I should roll the night of big event (best friends ritzy 40th bday). The redness takes a couple of hours to go down, but if I factor that in....

I could possibly look several years younger Very Happy or like something terrible has happened to me Confused

What do ya reckon?

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I think it depends on your skin response in the past. I probably would only roll in areas that would look good flushed on the day of the event (cheeks for instance).
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi~every body~ I'm quite a newbie here~

After reading such long long thread @_@", I also want to try a roll~! But...I still wondering, can anyone roll w/out numbing cream? Does it cause pain?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
MissCay wrote:
Hi~every body~ I'm quite a newbie here~

After reading such long long thread @_@", I also want to try a roll~! But...I still wondering, can anyone roll w/out numbing cream? Does it cause pain?

Yes. What size roller were you thinking of.? I have been successfully rolling using a 1.5mm using ice only as needed. Even without it is not what I would call painful. To me it is an intense itching/stinging sensation.

You can also start slow. You do not have to push too hard to start with, and your skin desensitises as you go.

HTH
rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I rolled my chest and neck with th 1.5 on Monday watching dancing with the stars Aussie version lol and I got this really weird reaction. Very rough raised skin almost like sand paper. The redness has nearly gone but it is still rough. Did I go overboard?
I put Vit C on it the next day and CPs on Wednesday so maybae it was overkill?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Ok so I rolled my chest and neck with th 1.5 on Monday watching dancing with the stars Aussie version lol and I got this really weird reaction. Very rough raised skin almost like sand paper. The redness has nearly gone but it is still rough. Did I go overboard?

Yes, I get that texture most times I roll...it goes within 24 hours. I get it more on my chest and arms than my face!! I don't think you went too hard. Its normal for me anyway.

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:

I think it sounds like you did a good job and that you'll peel soon Smile My chest peels every time too. Does it itch?
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies. Is peeling a good look Embarassed .
It doesn't itch now but it did when i did it.
Not prepared to use this beast on my face yet though.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |