Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, Just got my Dr. Roller and already used it. I went easy with it. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I was expecting torture but, it was just more uncomfortable. Smile My hands hurt the most. Now, I guess I'm supposed to wait a week to roll again?

No blood? I'm sorry but that picture scared me. Shock
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Mars wrote:
HI, Just got my Dr. Roller and already used it. I went easy with it. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I was expecting torture but, it was just more uncomfortable. Smile My hands hurt the most. Now, I guess I'm supposed to wait a week to roll again?

No blood? I'm sorry but that picture scared me. Shock

Relax, you have to work hard for every drop of blood Wink
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cadia! That was really impressive. I must not be going hard enough though I do not ever get bloody!

It looks like they did close to the eye too and the results from one extreme treatment were great.

When I get older I'll try it on my belly. That shot of the really saggy abdomen changed to relatively normal was almost unbelievable.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

Impressive, RollerGirl! Very Happy Isn't it great to be done with the first rolling session?

A week is a fine plan. They recommend intervals from a week to a month depending on how much damage you want to fix, but that's for a lot heavier treatments which takes about a week to heal. Rebecca uses it more often with great success so it's not like the week is an unbreakable rule Smile

Did you check out the 'suspicious' skin on your face already or is too soon to ask?
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Thanks Cadia! That was really impressive. I must not be going hard enough though I do not ever get bloody!

It looks like they did close to the eye too and the results from one extreme treatment were great.

When I get older I'll try it on my belly. That shot of the really saggy abdomen changed to relatively normal was almost unbelievable.

Sharky, you have great results so what you do works! I love to hear about lines between rolled and untreated skin

Glad you liked the pictures Smile We can all need some motivation once in a while. And some of the pictures were pretty magical to me.

I roll my eye area as much as I can bear, but it took a few articles like that one to calm my nerves first Smile And no matter how much I've tried, I've never come close to that amount of blood! One advantage of the roller that is mentioned in almost every article, is that it can be used on sensitive and thin skin. The eyes is a difficult area to treat though, so I feel really proud when I manage to get some bruising Cool It disappear so quickly though Laughing
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Ok ladies! I got my Dr. Roller! I want to use it tonight...Could anyone tell me how you sterilize it? Should I sterilize before using it? Thanks
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Ok ladies! I got my Dr. Roller! I want to use it tonight...Could anyone tell me how you sterilize it? Should I sterilize before using it? Thanks

Mine came sterilized and sealed so they were ready to use. But otherwise some really hot water should do the trick, I guess? hmm
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cadia!
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, Skincarefreak! Very Happy

Hope to hear what you think about it afterwards.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia: Yes the roller has shown the most dramatic, quickest results of anything I've tried especially with pigmentation. Pretty amazing. I also noticed today that a burn mark I got on my left forearm from the oven is about 1/2 gone now. I have only been rolling my forearms but as of today I'm going to roll the underside of my upper arms. I have a little saggy skin there and the pics in the article looked amazing.

Roll on!

P.S. I have been worried about how to clean my rollers. Initially I only ran it under hot water after use. Now I soak it in some alcohol (vodka).
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I had no blood after my first roll. But, again, I went pretty easy. Mine was already sterilized when I received it. After my roll, I soaked it in diluted peoxide. Then, I allowed to air dry per instructions. I want to roll again!!!!! WooHoo! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia,

thanks so much for the article. Very motivating stuff.

Was it made clear at any point what size needles they were using? I get only a few spots of blood if I'm lucky. I think although I am rolling more frequently, I am not rolling at anywhere near this intensity, so all in all its probably the same.

I just hope so much I can get those results under my eyes....my lip lines already show similar improvement to their photos..but I think I've been way too gentle on my eyes to date.

My arm that I am treating with the DR followed with a HQ product, is showing amazing improvement. I can actually see a patch of "normal" skin amidst all the pigmentation. Yipee!!!

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Great article thanks so much for posting!
I think the slow and steady vs the OMG will work just fine Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
Good luck, Skincarefreak! Very Happy

Hope to hear what you think about it afterwards.

Yes, I'll let you girls know tomorrow how it went. My needles are small.25 mm.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Rebecca, that's great news! Very Happy I'm seeing some nice improvements in pore size now in addition to the brightening from the vitamin C 'peels', so I'm also happy! Very Happy

I don't remember if the article says anything about the needle length, but I've read somewhere that Dr. Fernandes only uses two lengths, 1mm and 3mm, and he surly isn't able to create that raw look with the 1mm.

You have a very good point about the frequency and intensity. I think we get so hung up in what's recommended without remembering that the recommendations are for some real heavy and bleeding treatments. Besides, the fact that both you and Sharky have great results without looking like raw pieces of meat, shows that there are other less bleeding, but still very successful approaches.

When your rolling schedule and pressure have worked so well for your lips, I'm sure it will work for your eyes too. Don't let the article push you too further in my bruised direction than you feel comfortable with Smile
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here although I've been lurking for quite some time now!!!! I've used the 1mm Dr. roller under my eye area for about 3 weeks now and am quite pleased with the results. I roll once a week, fairly aggressively...hard enough to draw blood... and must say that the texture has already started to show improvement! I always follow up with an LED treatment. One problem that I have no matter where I roll on my face or how gently I roll...I sneeze like crazy!!! Anyone else experience this? Shock
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:54 am      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
Hi, I'm new here although I've been lurking for quite some time now!!!! I've used the 1mm Dr. roller under my eye area for about 3 weeks now and am quite pleased with the results. I roll once a week, fairly aggressively...hard enough to draw blood... and must say that the texture has already started to show improvement! I always follow up with an LED treatment. One problem that I have no matter where I roll on my face or how gently I roll...I sneeze like crazy!!! Anyone else experience this? Shock

Hi Lilredhead Smile

That must be the most impressive first post ever! Laughing

I just cry, but I've heard that someone sneeze when rolling so you're absolutely not the only one Smile Is it worst when you begin rolling and diminishes after a while?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I rolled my skin lastnight. I did draw some blood on my noise and a little part on my upper lip (I have sensitive skin) . My face was a tad bit red but no problem. I was going to roll on Thursday but I think I'll give my skin a rest of the week. Not bad at all. Very Happy
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cadia, Very Happy
Unfortunately, I sneeze violently the entire time I'm rolling!!! Shock So at this point I'm only rolling under my eyes because it's my most problematic area. I'd love to find a solution to this because as far as I'm concerned, I've had better results in the short time I've been rolling than with any other of the MANY gadgets that I've tried!!!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a sneezer too!! But only when I roll my forehead Embarassed

This morning I was watching a TV chat show and a plastic surgeon was discussing the latest cosmetic techniques. He was talking about something called Vital which is injected into the skin by the way of numerous injections. The substance then plumps up the skin from the inside out. I've done a search on the web but can't find out anything about it. However, I think that needling and applying good actives afterwards is a similar process. I know that we are not reaching as deep into the skin as an injection would do but at least we have consistency on our side.
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu!! Smile
So glad to have a companion sneezer!! I can't even attempt my forhead I sneeze so badly! Had my hubby do it once but the sneezing freaked him... Embarassed Maybe the whole needle thing was what freaked him!!! I'll work on him to do it again! BTW Google Restylane Vital!! Wink
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, I think this is what you mean:
http://www.consultingroom.com/Treatment_FAQs/Product_Display.asp?Product_ID=11&Product_Name=Restylane%20®%20Vital
Sorry, about the link. I don't remember how to make it click-able with the '%' in the url Confused

Skincarefreak, I'm so happy you did good. I would never have guessed you could draw blood with those short needles, but as long as it didn't scare you away, it's all fine! Very Happy

The sneezing sounds a little scary when you roll around the eye - no accidents so far? Wink Still, I should just keep quiet about mishaps as I've forgotten to close my eyes a couple of times with no excuse... Embarassed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
http://www.consultingroom.com/Treatment_FAQs/Product_Display.asp?Product_ID=11&Product_Name=Restylane%20®%20Vital

Thanks for the link Cadia - this is exactly what I'm talking about, interesting don't you think? I'm now applying hyaluronic acid, along with my other actives, directly after rolling.

BTW, I'm also really liking the effects of using my Anti Aging Lightstim after needling - it's very soothing and helps plump up the skin.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Cadia wrote:

Thanks for the link Cadia - this is exactly what I'm talking about, interesting don't you think? I'm now applying hyaluronic acid, along with my other actives, directly after rolling.

BTW, I'm also really liking the effects of using my Anti Aging Lightstim after needling - it's very soothing and helps plump up the skin.

I agree, it's interesting Smile But I think your solution is much better - hyaluronic acid after rolling must be brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing that tip, Keliu! I never thought about using HA, but I'll definitely try it next time Very Happy
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Confused

I think I want to buy this. ??? so confused. Can you all help me.

I have lines around my lips I want gone. Will this work? How do you do this on the lip lines. I read you are not to use this on your lips. Okay, then I guess if that is true, it won't work for lip lines. Right?

Also, what one should I buy. What pin length? Or pin something? Can anyone help this confused 55 year old. I need it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |