Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:18 am      Reply with quote
well, Ive just done another big roll(1mm), yesterday. I think it was probably one of my best ones!
I had a lot more bleeding, was as usual lobsterish , red and swollen.
Today, still swollen but not red any more. I put the environ products on, RL, and infaldolin.

Will carry on as per Dr Setterfields book.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the derma roller for a while but I much prefer doing it manually, its much more gentle on the skin. Also i bought this fantastic product a few days ago called Epiderm and my acne has faded away really nicely! I highly recommend it!! <3 Just google epidermstore Smile
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
This was posted this morning on the Owndoc forum, by Sarah Vaughter, regarding her Dr Roller clones. Just in case anyone has one of these and is having problems. I myself have a 1.0 recently received but not used yet. It looks perfect upon inspection anyway.

-------
Okay, I can't link as I am too new. Please do go to the owndoc dot com website and visit the forum for Sarah's message. If you purchase rollers there you should be aware.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
PaigeD64 wrote:
This was posted this morning on the Owndoc forum, by Sarah Vaughter, regarding her Dr Roller clones. Just in case anyone has one of these and is having problems. I myself have a 1.0 recently received but not used yet. It looks perfect upon inspection anyway.

-------
Okay, I can't link as I am too new. Please do go to the owndoc dot com website and visit the forum for Sarah's message. If you purchase rollers there you should be aware.

Here is the link to the post by owndoc Paige mentions.

http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/recent-quality-problems-with-the-owndoc-branded-dermaroller/

5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Cookie!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I'm looking for opinions from people who have done rolls with the 1.5 mm needles. I finally got my order today but because it took 3 weeks to arrive my timetable is off. I have an event to go to this Friday night. I will be getting my hair and makeup professionally done. So my question is whether I could do a roll tonight and still look ok by Friday. I have really tough skin and barely turn pink with the .02 and .05 needles and that goes away in less then 5 minutes. I know I could wait and do it next week but that puts me even further behind so I'd rather do it tonight if I could. What are your thoughts? Thanks for any help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Hi I'm looking for opinions from people who have done rolls with the 1.5 mm needles. I finally got my order today but because it took 3 weeks to arrive my timetable is off. I have an event to go to this Friday night. I will be getting my hair and makeup professionally done. So my question is whether I could do a roll tonight and still look ok by Friday. I have really tough skin and barely turn pink with the .02 and .05 needles and that goes away in less then 5 minutes. I know I could wait and do it next week but that puts me even further behind so I'd rather do it tonight if I could. What are your thoughts? Thanks for any help.

Everyone reacts differently - some people take days to recover from a deep roll, others bounce back within a few hours.

However, I wouldn't be doing any semi-invasive procedure before an event that I was getting my makeup done for. Just wait and do the roll on the Saturday - it's only a wait of a couple of days. Better to be safe than sorry.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

I did quite an aggressive 1.5mm about 10 days ago using a large dermastamp (not roller). Temporary side effects for me included several broken caps/vessels, about 200 (I'm not exaggerating) dark red dots on my forehead where blood dried in the holes Shock , and minor all-over temporary post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The caps/vessels and dots disappeared after 3-4 days, the hyperpigmentation faded after 7 days and is supposed to disappear after a couple weeks max (think I read this on the owndoc forum Pray ). Of course, everyone reacts differently as Keliu said.

My skin is fairly tough - also goes down after 5 mins post a 0.2mm roll depending on what I apply afterwards. The dermastamp does go in much deeper than a roller for me, but this gives you an idea of the worst-case you could expect.
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Felixia did you rinse your face immediately after rolling? That should take care of the blood dots.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Everyone reacts differently - some people take days to recover from a deep roll, others bounce back within a few hours.

However, I wouldn't be doing any semi-invasive procedure before an event that I was getting my makeup done for. Just wait and do the roll on the Saturday - it's only a wait of a couple of days. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks Keliu and felixia. I guess I will be waiting till next week to roll. I did roll with a .02 in the mean time. The .02 from owndoc seems to be much shorter needles then the .02 from skinmedix I have. I could barely tell that there were any needles on my face. They should be the same size but the certainly felt different.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't Dermarolled for AGES (I have a few 3-line rollers and full size 1.5mms). With the 1.5mms, the pain started to get to me....even with EMLA cream..!

Found a 0.25mm that I bought ages ago and used a handful of times, and that got me thinking, maybe I should start using it again (have to do some reading about the 0.25mms, think it can be used every day (?)).

I happened to find the UK Skinactives site, and they also have a UK ebay store, after buying their Copper Peptide. Browsing their forums, I found this comment by Hannah about Skin Needling:

"ANYTHING that breaks the skin barrier is a bad idea. I have discussed this with my daughter, an MD, and she agrees.

On a related issue, I do fear microbes, and I think that the cavalier attitude to microbes many people have comes from the comfort that sulfas and antibiotics have given us since their invention. But antibiotics can't stop all microbes so we should be more careful about taking care of our own defense mechanisms, and the skin is one of the most important defenses we have.

I know this sounds excessive for a question about dermarrollers, but the idea that it is necessary to break the skin to make it younger is silly. And there is no need to enhance penetration of anything. Actives will penetrate the skin anyway.

This cavalier attitude to microbes extends to people who thinks we don't need preservatives, that our skin can take care of any microbes that may multiply in skin care products in the absence of preservatives.

I have seen what infection can do, in textbooks, on TV and in real life and I am grateful that we have antibiotics and all but I think we should look after our precious immune system, of which the skin is an important part.

I am against skin needling or any such intrusion in the skin. I don't particularly like seeing such recommendations in our forum, hence the heavy editing of the previous post. I am sure people interested in plastic surgery, laser, etc. will find plenty of information in the internet.

Please, stop playing with your skin as if you could buy another in a shop!

Vitamin A cream used at night plus let's make collagen serum will help a lot with acne scars.

This thread is now locked."

From here: http://skinactives.websitetoolbox.com/post/Skin-Needling-4978281

This is her opinion, of course, but what do you think about it? Why is she so absolutely opposed to it, and does she have a point?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Also: "Dry brushing is a bad idea. It is stressful to your skin." though probably belongs on another thread!

From: http://skinactives.websitetoolbox.com/post/Lets-make-collagen-5999172

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not going to argue that she's wrong. Nothing is 100% safe and infections can happen. But for the last six years, I've used peels, lasers and dermarollers without incident and to great effect - and I'm not about to stop now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Damn, just lost a post Crying or Very sad

I think I am very disappointed with derma rolling so far. I have done 5, one month apart, with a 1.5m. If anything I think my skin looks worse. It has definitely become more sensitive and reactive. I am thinking of trying IPL, did this about 2 years ago with good results.

Is IPL good for building collegen? I think this is my major concern at the moment. I really want to build that collegen!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I didn't find 1.5mm Dermarolling helped, I'd say I did it around four times or so. Left plenty of time in-between rolls.

Also have the Palovia (not used that in a while either) which I suppose is similar to Dermarolling. Did the 30 days faithfully (was eventually getting comments asking what was wrong with my face!!) and I can't say it made a difference.

One beauty therapist recently mentioned my "skin texture" which didn't help my mood Neutral Oh, and I had fractional O2 nearly two years ago, nada.

CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I have to say some of these post about dermarolling are making me depressed. I have finally built up the courage to roll with a 1.5 roller and now I'm wondering whether I should bother. I also have an consultation appointment for a Dermapen with PRP with my dermatologist this Thursday. My face is in the best condition it has been in 2 years. The last thing I want to do is mess that up. Maybe I should just continue with the ReAura because I do think that makes a big difference.

Has anyone other then Bethany had good results from long term dermarolling with the bigger needles? If you have can you please chime in and let me know. I was going to do a roll this Sat. night but now I'm on the fence. Confused

5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
There's always going to be nay-sayers. Do your research, and if you choose to use any actives or do any procedures, give it time. People saying they have no results after a month, two months...

Give anything a year. If something doesn't work for you, please don't assume it is bogus and just doesn't work, or assume those who do have success are imagining it.

Dermarolling with needles of .5 or longer should not be done more frequently than once every 30 days. Longer needles once every 6 weeks.

It can take months for results.

Do all that, and if you don't have success, then at least you gave it a shot.

The same can be said for lasers. I have had several. I had fractional laser, body wide, 4 years ago. Seven sessions. I had very little improvement at all (but what I did have took many months before my skin tightened at all). Yet other people have had great success. I am not so short sighted to say the procecure doesn't work at for anyone! It just didn't work for me (and that was $8,000 and lots of pain down the toilet).

I read of people starting RA and saying they have no results in a month. Silly to expect it.

Patience!!
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Cookie my post not directed at you. I had not even seen your post. I was posting in general terms.

Personally I am sticking to my .5 and my 1.0, 6 weeks apart. I have done 5 weeks in the past, and I am moving it to 6.
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, I wanted to answer your question. I have already seen success with the rolling and it has only been 3 months. Not only that, I have used no actives. Now, I do use RA (have been for 26 years), and I use Vitamin C and CPs (only super GHK). I also use LA and SA lotions a couple of times a week. (peels here and there, but not since my DRing).

I have not used any of these actives with the rolling though. I have used nothing, and then 24 hours later I use the CPs. and then on to my normal schedule a couple days later.

My biggest successes so far is the severe lightening of age spots, and I know with a couple more rolls they will be gone. I have one now that has fragmented into four pieces, and is very light.

My most exciting success so far is that my upper arm skin that was so thin it was like tissue paper, has thickened up drastically. Not just a little, but drastic. I really started noticing at week 9, and I am at week 12 now and there is no doubt that skin is thickening up.

Also my forehead. I would normally be needing my botox Bad by now, as it has been 4 months. It usually lasts for me 3 months and then I make myself wait another month but I hate that month! Now I am almost at 4 months. Will be in less than a week. No need for botox at all. My skin is thicker, and when I scrunch and it will scrunch up, yes, but it goes back smooth, like younger skin does. (My ll lines I speak of). Now as the months go on we'll see, but for now I'm certainly not getting botox like I had originally scheduled for Tuesday! Smile

Some may say my results are too early, but I know my skin, I have been scrutinizing it in the mirror for 25 years. I know what has and has not worked for me. It is not micro swelling or inflammation at this point. I may be early for success, so another person may not have anything this early. But, so it is with me. We are all different. I have 100% confidence in rolling, if done right.

I am not doing product penetration rolls. One they were giving me too much inflammation I believe, and two, I want to know what is or what is not working. I don't want to start two separate procedures at the same time. The medical rolling is enough for now. That's why I use no actives with rolling. I don't want to later wonder if it is the actives or the rolling. I have continued to use my actives on other days like I always do.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I have to say some of these post about dermarolling are making me depressed. I have finally built up the courage to roll with a 1.5 roller and now I'm wondering whether I should bother. I also have an consultation appointment for a Dermapen with PRP with my dermatologist this Thursday. My face is in the best condition it has been in 2 years. The last thing I want to do is mess that up. Maybe I should just continue with the ReAura because I do think that makes a big difference.

Has anyone other then Bethany had good results from long term dermarolling with the bigger needles? If you have can you please chime in and let me know. I was going to do a roll this Sat. night but now I'm on the fence. Confused

I'm not a "less is more" kind of person - but I am inclined to think that both dermarolling and the ReAura is overkill. IMO, the ReAura gives a similar treatment to needling. I've been dermarolling off and on for around five years - but now that I'm using the ReAura I'm giving it a rest. Both treatments work in a similar fashion (the dermaroller is just more primitive).

As for the effectiveness of dermarolling. Medically, it is a proven method for stimulating collagen - but results will always vary individually.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Cookie,if you are going for a consult next TH, I would not recommend rolling this weekend.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Cookie,if you are going for a consult next TH, I would not recommend rolling this weekend.

Thanks Paige, Keliu and Bethany for your responses.

Bethany my dermatologist is usually booked out at least a month so I wouldn't do the Dermapen for 4 weeks if I did decide to go that route. The thing that really interest me there is the PRP part. I wouldn't consider it if it wasn't for that.

Keliu, I do really like the ReAura but there are some Doctors that think lasers are not as good as dermarolling so I thought I would do both (not at the same time of course) and cover both sides just in case.

Paige, thanks for the response about your dermarolling. Sounds like you are getting good results. I am not a patience person but I do understand and expect things to take a long time. (Unfortunately)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:00 am      Reply with quote
PaigeD64 wrote:
Personally I am sticking to my .5 and my 1.0, 6 weeks apart. I have done 5 weeks in the past, and I am moving it to 6.

Hi Paige,

I am about to buy 0.2mm & 1.0mm and but not sure if I should order 0.5mm too.

How do you incorporate 0.5mm into 1.0mm rolling protocol?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am giving the Emla a 2nd shot, and am now sitting here with Emla and pieces of freezer bags over my forehead, glabella, and under eye area.

Please cross your fingers and hope that I encounter fully numbed skin after 45 mins or so!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am giving the Emla a 2nd shot, and am now sitting here with Emla and pieces of freezer bags over my forehead, glabella, and under eye area.

Please cross your fingers and hope that I encounter fully numbed skin after 45 mins or so!! Very Happy

The mini roll is over. The Emla with the plastic over it was definitely better than the Ink-Eeze, but still not as good as the custom compounded stuff my derm had given me. But since he moved to another state, I am going to stick with the Emla! However, next time I will apply it more thickly.

BTW, I ordered the Emla off Amazon believe it or not, and it shipped from the UK.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |