Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I rolled my chin today that has one red broken cap. The cap does look fuzzier and darker like I did pop it. Let you know what it looks like after a couple of days.

Keliu did your caps look darker first before the look better? My rollers are 1.5mm.
Thanks.

I used to have broken caps all over my face - the ones on my cheeks, chin and nose were "visible to the naked eye from 3ft away". This (believe it or not) is the medical definition of bad broken caps - so my doc told me. Now, if a look in a magnifying mirror wearing my glasses, I can still see some veins but they are no longer obvious so don't really worry me. Before, I would use concealer and heavy makeup - now I just use a little tinted moisturiser.

I have had IPL treatments to get rid of them - and that did "burst" some of the veins which caused bruises and dark patches but these all cleared up in about a week. Trouble is broken caps tend to come back. This is the advantage of the needling - my caps are disappearing because my skin is thicker. If you have popped a cap, I wouldn't worry about it. The blood will eventually disperse. BTW my roller is also a 1.5mm.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:32 am      Reply with quote
The sun damage on my chest seems darker after the last roll, and more defined in shape. Crying or Very sad

The skin looks younger and smoother, but the sun damage worse...

Any thoughts on this from anyone?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:56 am      Reply with quote
It could be the blood coming to the surface of the skin after the stimulation of rolling. I wouldn't worry about it - dark patches from sun damage aren't going to disappear overnight. You'll have to wait for the skin to renew itself.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hey all,

I got my roller last week and rolled 3 times. My face has begun to peal. Is this right???? I juse CP before and after rolling and wait and apply emu oil and ha before bed. I also shave my face. My face is pealing. My lip lines are less (that is good)

Am I normal? Is it to peal?
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Have just received the reply from Skinbiology, so here it is:

"We generally recommend to use Regular CP Serum (perhaps even diluted with water) after procedures. All SRCPs/copper-peptides should not be applied on skin that is broken, oozing, or irritated."

Also have a look at the info on this page:
http://www.scar-reduction.com/acnescars.html#Subcision%20or%20Needling%20to%20Break%20Down%20Scars%20followed

"Subcision or Needling to Break Down Scars followed by Copper Peptides

In this procedure, a needle (such as tattoo needle) disrupts the scar collagen and stimulates replacement of newly formed collagen. Best results are achieved with several sessions. This often used on pitted acne scars or at the margins of face lifts. Some scars may be too deep and too hard for hydroxy acids to effective loosen.

Another idea is that certain scars form a barrier wall or "zone-of-stasis" that blocks the body's scar removal systems. Scar-clearing macrophages cannot penetrate the barrier and blood vessels will not grow through the barrier. The subcision breaks down this barrier and allows the body to begin dissolving the scar tissue.

Some estheticians tell us that they use CP Serum or Trireduction after the needling and see a much better and faster clearing of the scars. However, do not apply the copper peptides until the wound has scabbed over and is no longer open or oozing liquid."

So yes, I think I'll wait 30 mins after rolling and then apply diluted CP Serum.

sherry, yes it's normal to peel from needling.

I'm not sure that you should be applying CPs before AND after peeling though.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, that's supposed to say :

"before AND after rolling"(not peeling) Embarassed
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Hey all,

I got my roller last week and rolled 3 times. My face has begun to peal. Is this right???? I juse CP before and after rolling and wait and apply emu oil and ha before bed. I also shave my face. My face is pealing. My lip lines are less (that is good)

Am I normal? Is it to peal?

Hello again Sherry Smile

I'd say you sound completely normal to me Wink
It's pretty normal to peel too and especially in the beginning. I find it useful as a part of the process and kind of like it. The sad part is the not-so-nice look, but I've found this cream that helps hide that (La Roche-Posay Cicaplast). I know Rebecca uses another, but I don't remember which one.

You could try to go easy on the cp when rolling and see if that reduces the peeling, if it bugs you. I'm not sure how much cp affects it. I use vitamin C and that clearly intensify the peeling. Skipping HA at rolling nights might also help. Still, I believe the peeling you're experiencing now has more to do with you being new to rolling and off to a pretty heavy start. My chest peeled for ages and that was without using any actives there.

How great that you already see an improvement on your lip lines! Very Happy That's such a nice motivation. Hope you keep us posted.

Cadia Smile
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I am not complaining about the pealing. I think it is a good sign that something is happening.

My question now is. What should I use when rolling? If not CP? what?
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Sorry, that's supposed to say :

"before AND after rolling"(not peeling) Embarassed

Laughing So glad you appended the parenthesis - otherwise I would never have seen the error Laughing

Is the SkinBio information from a while back? I'm sure I read somewhere that they say you can apply cp right after needling now, but I can't remember where I saw it.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I believe I have read that. Am looking on this now.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I did it Very Happy First I applied the numbing cream and Saran Wrap, waited an hour and prayed nobody would come to the door!! Then I removed the cream with warm water, rolled my face all over in the 'star' pattern. When I'd finished, I looked like I had a really bad sunburn and it stung a bit (even with the numbing cream Shock). There was really no bleeding to speak of, just a couple of drops. After the rolling I applied Vit C Serum - OUCH! Waited 20 mins, then applied HA serum - ahhh, relief Very Happy It's been a couple of hours and the redness has subsided to a pink colour.

Having done my first roll, I was thinking I'd only do it once a month, but I notice quite a few of you are doing it every couple of days! As I mentioned before, my needles are 1.5 cm, so would it be overkill to do it more than once a month? Another question, should I apply the Vit C right after, or just HA?

TIA Smile
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Fabulous Anya! The first time is the scariest one - now it only gets easier!

Your description sounds typical of a nice rolling session. I tend to get swollen around the eyes the next day. You might be one of the lucky ones who wake up looking great, but don't get too scared if you see some swelling.

I think the ideal frequency depends on the rolling intensity and what degree of change you want. Once a month will be fine, but once a week will be fine too. It would take some effort to overdo it. If you look at the pictures I've linked to earlier in this thread, you can see what a medical rolling looks like. Pretty different from what I've been able to do. They do those with one week or more in between treatments. Basically it's about giving the skin time to heal before the next round.

About the vitamin C, it's kind of a tricky question. I don't think it's a clear answer to if you should or should not use it. It has the wanted collagen building properties which we want from the product to apply just after rolling, but it will almost certain make you peel more. I use it and find it to be great, but my skin loves vit C and is very tolerant when acid's concerned. Dr. Fernandes who has written a lot about this method, says to stay away from L-ascorbic acid just afterwards, but apply vitamin C and A in oil form. The only reason I can think of for this, is that he happens to be selling an oil just like the one he recommends. As far as I know, the oil version of vitamin C lacks the qualities we're after. He also encourages the usage of vitamin A products that also make you peel more, so the peeling's not his reason.

I've found skin rolling to be pretty much about feeling one's way and deciding what works for you and your skin. So maybe the best thing is to see how your skin reacts to this treatment and then decide if you want to continue using the vitamin C or change to something else. HA and avocado oil are also great right after rolling.

Right now, I hope you feel proud and enjoy the completed rolling debut! You've done good, roller girl! Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
It could be the blood coming to the surface of the skin after the stimulation of rolling. I wouldn't worry about it - dark patches from sun damage aren't going to disappear overnight. You'll have to wait for the skin to renew itself.

Thanks Keliu.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
The sun damage on my chest seems darker after the last roll, and more defined in shape. Crying or Very sad

Hey Catski! I have a few questions for you regarding your dilemma. Wink How long have you been rolling your chest, and how often each week? Have you experienced any kind of 'oozing' after you've rolled this area? Are you using any kind of topicals or actives right after you've rolled (like CP's, etc?). From everything I've read, the sun damage should reduce significantly after a 6 once-a-week rolling program with the 1.5 mm roller. However, you won't see the FULL results for another 8-12 weeks once you stop rolling this area with the 1.5 mm. It's possible you may be going through some form of the 'uglies' as the damage is being broken down, or there may be something going on with whatever topicals you are using afterwards.

I intend to use a few of the Nia24 products after I start to roll my chest area in a few weeks time. My hope is that applying the Nia24 products every other night right after I've used a smaller roller (for product penetration alone), and then again right after an intensive rolling session with the 1.5 mm (on Fridays only) will eradicate the hyperpigmentation that much faster and prevent any new damage from returning. Ahh, my dermarolling experiments and projects are never ending these days! LOL! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia thank you soooooo much for your enthusiastic support - its great to know I'm not alone in this Wink.
Next time I might just apply the HA first, or I think I have some Emu Oil lying around somewhere.... Another thing I did this afternoon was to hold an ADCE "compress" to the deep lines around my mouth and either I'm hallucinating or they're actually a bit "softer" Shock. Nah, I think I'm seeing things, it couldn't give results that fast!! So far I haven't noticed any swelling, but tomorrow's another day Very Happy

Don't you just know I won't be able to hold off for a month 'till my next session Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Cadia thank you soooooo much for your enthusiastic support - its great to know I'm not alone in this Wink.
Next time I might just apply the HA first, or I think I have some Emu Oil lying around somewhere.... Another thing I did this afternoon was to hold an ADCE "compress" to the deep lines around my mouth and either I'm hallucinating or they're actually a bit "softer" Shock. Nah, I think I'm seeing things, it couldn't give results that fast!! So far I haven't noticed any swelling, but tomorrow's another day Very Happy

Don't you just know I won't be able to hold off for a month 'till my next session Laughing

Yes, I know Laughing A month is also a very long time...

I don't think you are seeing things, some lucky people do look better after rolling. Somehow things 'plump up' in just the right places. I'm just a tiny bit envious of you because I just look plain awful Laughing Unfortunately, the real changes take time, but still, it must be nice to have a little preview Smile
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, my derma roller should be here this week and I have read through these posts several times trying to see what product I need to get to go with my derma roller.

What is the best thing to put on before I roll, after I roll, and I think I read that vaseline helps to get rid of the flakiness...but I thougt vaseline was pore clogging,and emu oil...how the heck does that help? HELP!!!
To much to process. Sad

I use a line thats main product is argeline and none of that is mentioned so I obviously don't want to use that???
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
The main thing is to use any serum, lotion or potion that contains good anti-oxidents and actives - it's really up to you to choose. Many of us use emu oil after rolling because it is soothing but it also helps to push other actives you've applied deeper into the skin.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
I think I read that vaseline helps to get rid of the flakiness...but I thougt vaseline was pore clogging,and emu oil...how the heck does that help? HELP!!!
To much to process. Sad

It's close, but not exactly Vaseline Smile Rebecca mentioned a barrier/repair product from Vaseline Intensive.

I think any barrier repair cream will help, but I don't use that kind of product until later if/when I need to hide the dry peeling skin. It works amazingly!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:20 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
catski wrote:

Hey Catski! I have a few questions for you regarding your dilemma. Wink How long have you been rolling your chest, and how often each week? Have you experienced any kind of 'oozing' after you've rolled this area? Are you using any kind of topicals or actives right after you've rolled (like CP's, etc?). From everything I've read, the sun damage should reduce significantly after a 6 once-a-week rolling program with the 1.5 mm roller. However, you won't see the FULL results for another 8-12 weeks once you stop rolling this area with the 1.5 mm. It's possible you may be going through some form of the 'uglies' as the damage is being broken down, or there may be something going on with whatever topicals you are using afterwards.

I intend to use a few of the Nia24 products after I start to roll my chest area in a few weeks time. My hope is that applying the Nia24 products every other night right after I've used a smaller roller (for product penetration alone), and then again right after an intensive rolling session with the 1.5 mm (on Fridays only) will eradicate the hyperpigmentation that much faster and prevent any new damage from returning. Ahh, my dermarolling experiments and projects are never ending these days! LOL! Smile

Hey ScotsLass! Very Happy

This is my 2nd roll of this area. I'm planning on doing 6. On a weekly basis. I saw, right away, a nice improvement of skintone. I'm using ph.advantage vitamin tretament. A, C& E.
I'm waiting for my NIA24 decolletage cream to come, via EDS. I do actually have a tube of straight NIA24, but since I find it quite strong anyhow, I thought I wouldnt use it right after rolling. But actually maybe I will give it a go.. the EDS order is being slow to arrive ( I guess that means customs has grabbed it Sad )
I think yes, it is definitely the uglies. Which I hadnt expected.
BTW ScotsLass, I had one piece of dark and stubborn sun damage right in the centre of my chest, which I was pluggging away at with cosmelan2. Eventually, my GP burned it off for me! Zap. It's gone. The relief is fantastic. "Yes, it IS an eyesore" my doctor said. And sorted it. Now I am left with paler splashy little bits.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Ladies. What has been your experience on what is best to use after or even before you roll. I use CP, because I roll at night. And I use CP at night. Follow up with HA and emu oil and call it a night. I also shave regularly. I am pealing so the shaving is making the pealing go away. My face is looking flaky. I take it is a good thing because something is happening. Last week my face felt so dry. This week it feels better.
I have not rolled this week. I will do that tonight. My routine is Vit. c in the am. and CP in the PM. Both followed up with HA and Emu oil. What do you think?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello, sherryfl, May I please ask if you are shaving your face? If so, what is the purpose?
If that's too personal, it's ok.
Thank you! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
So my chin and broken cap look fine. I can not tell whether there is any good change but it did not seem to hurt so I'll keep on trying and see whether I can make the cap go away.

I use the PSF O2 serum after rolling on areas that look red. After about 20 min I use all my normal night time products (Matrixyl mix,CPs, Decleor, Cellbone Antiox).
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
So my chin and broken cap look fine. I can not tell whether there is any good change but it did not seem to hurt so I'll keep on trying and see whether I can make the cap go away.

I use the PSF O2 serum after rolling on areas that look red. After about 20 min I use all my normal night time products (Matrixyl mix,CPs, Decleor, Cellbone Antiox).

Sharky,

Is the matrixyl you use lotion or serum? If it's a serum do you mix it with the cps or put it on later? I use matrixyl 3000 serum during the day...I was just curious.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I had been using the small L&F Roller for about a year and saw no real difference, but after reading this and other threads, I decided to go for it with a 1.5 Roller. I have now done 5 sessions of rolling and I have to say I'm noticing smaller pores, tightening and generally a healthier look to my skin. I really go for it below my eyes (my problem area) and I can see definite thickening of the skin there. I usually roll once a week but last week did another roll 3 days later and my skin didn't react well, so it's just once a week for me now. I'm just wondering if I should carry on after my next session, or does my skin need a break. I think I read on this thread, that you should take a break after 6 weeks but is this really necessary?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |