Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning, lucyluc. I'm looking for a weak one at any rate and think it's warranted with the .15mm model since it's collagen-inducing. I only intend to use it every 3-4 months and read up more on procedure but it seems there is some recovery time involved. Kyplantjunkie may have more to add with her experience.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Most topicals are made from lidocaine, novocaine; drugs in that family. These are the same drugs that are used intrvenously for cardiac arrhythmias. So, if you have any heart condition,on meds for an irregular heart beat--check with your Dr.
Otherwise, I apply it sparingly. The longer roller does hurt a bit, but it's a personal choice.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I'm looking for a weak one at any rate and think it's warranted with the .15mm model since it's collagen-inducing.

Scally - Are you sure that this one is really collagen inducing? All of the information I found (on the net) shows that the edpidermis is approximately .15mm deep on the face, so you would need one longer than .15mm to reach the dermis and induce collagen, especially if this one only penetrates up to .13mm. Just thought I should mention what I've found and save you some $ on one that might not do more than the dermaroller.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
I'm looking for a weak one at any rate and think it's warranted with the .15mm model since it's collagen-inducing.

Scally - Are you sure that this one is really collagen inducing? All of the information I found (on the net) shows that the edpidermis is approximately .15mm deep on the face, so you would need one longer than .15mm to reach the dermis and induce collagen, especially if this one only penetrates up to .13mm. Just thought I should mention what I've found and save you some $ on one that might not do more than the dermaroller.

Hi, Tam. Now that you mentioned it, it may not be enough for collagen inducing but then again I would think it would work from a needling perspective and indeed induce collagen. I'm pretty comfortable trying this length and am hoping it further helps my efforts with TCA so I will report back once I use it (plan to do so on a Thursday or Friday when I will be working out of the home office so I have the weekend to recover). I'll take before pics so I can compare with the outcome.

ETA: It HAS to do more than the dermaroller! Have you seen the scary spikes on the model I got. I'm shivering with fear! Oh, I pulled this off the Derma Roller site. This is almost exactly like the one I bought and here is the description, which, according the DR, does induce collagen:

Model: MF8 (For professionals only!)

MF8 for induction of body's own collagen production. Its needles have a length of 1,5 mm and according to the applied pressure they penetrate the skin from 0,1 to 1,3 mm. The needles induce body own collagen (CIT) in deeper skin layers to strenghten the connective tissue and to minize the typical "orange-skin-apperance". It is equipped with 192 stainless steel needles in 8 rows. Needle diameter: 0,25 mm. The model MF8 has a width of 20 mm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
This is what I suspected, Scallawaggirl: that you really meant yours was 1.5 mm, which is ten times longer than .15 mm. Is that correct?

I think anyone can maximize the length/penetration of their own dermaroller by exfoliating really well before use.

Could luck with that thing, scally. Do be careful at first!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
This is what I suspected, Scallawaggirl: that you really meant yours was 1.5 mm, which is ten times longer than .15 mm. Is that correct?

I think anyone can maximize the length/penetration of their own dermaroller by exfoliating really well before use.

Could luck with that thing, scally. Do be careful at first!

Yep, I think I missed a decimal so it is actually 1.5mm, right. Since I exfoliate with Retin-A already, I'm pretty sure I'm in fine shape to get a good reaction and if you know anything about my approach, I research the bejeesus out of these things prior to actually trying it so I will be extra careful!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I don't think you need to exfoliate at all with 1.5 mm needles!

I was think ingof folks like me who have the .15mm. I have not tried mine yet. I plan to start this in May after some travels, but I have other things I will be starting soon, and don't want to start multiple things at once. Still trying to decide what to use WITH mine. I'm thinking Candy's triple C serum. Eventually I'll be doing CPs and Vit C at different parts of the day. Scally, you have a few skin issues in common with me, so I pay a lot of attention lately to what you do (thanks for all the research and experimentation you have done on my behalf Very Happy Wink Smile Cool ).
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
Yeah, I don't think you need to exfoliate at all with 1.5 mm needles!

I was think ingof folks like me who have the .15mm. I have not tried mine yet. I plan to start this in May after some travels, but I have other things I will be starting soon, and don't want to start multiple things at once. Still trying to decide what to use WITH mine. I'm thinking Candy's triple C serum. Eventually I'll be doing CPs and Vit C at different parts of the day. Scally, you have a few skin issues in common with me, so I pay a lot of attention lately to what you do (thanks for all the research and experimentation you have done on my behalf Very Happy Wink Smile Cool ).

No worries! I'd just use the same topicals you already do (that's what I'm doing) - and I'm getting more impact for certain. I used the roller last night (no Retin-A; just CPs and emu) and again this morning but it is much more noticeable using it during the day (I used a light touch today). I wanted to test out 2x use but I may or may not use it tonight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Scally. For sure you come from Pioneering Stock, lady! Very Happy

I am so subscribing to this thread, now!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Scally. For sure you come from Pioneering Stock, lady! Very Happy

I am so subscribing to this thread, now!

Woman! I'm turning back the clock, I tell you! As for the pioneering part, I'd have been a "breeder" since I got pregnant at the drop of a hat - tube's were tied right after my son was born...it's the only thing I repeatedly said during my pregnancy (you're going to tie my tubes, right? again and again). I am hoping this helps with my orange peel texture (the big one) and will certainly let everyone know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Scally - 1.5mm will definitely induce collagen! However, that depth is a bit too scary for me. Shock Laughing Please keep us posted!
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
The 1.5 does induce collagen; my disappearing 11 lines are proof! If you all (I've lived in the South most of my adult life Rolling Eyes ) have the time to go through it, acne.org has a 67-yes, 67 page posting on needling/rolling. One thing that stuck in my head was that after rolling with the long one, to be VERY gentle with exfoliating, so as not to destroy the developing collagen. I've temporarily shelved my clairisonic. However, I read somewhere else-no clue where- that post rolling and post topicals, using the quasar is beneficial in the skin repair process. Roll on!! Cool
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
It's me and kyplantjunkie who will be the looney tunes of needling! Good point on the exfol, ky. I figured that less of everything would be better after a long-needle session much like what I do after a TCA peel. Just take good care of the skin (emu, CPs, etc.) and as you mentioned, the Baby Q or Quasar SP (what I have).

If I beat the orange peel and little scars even further down, I will be victorious!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
here's a link to the after care for needling.
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry1226967
Robin
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Link didn't come through. Here's where I found it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=104221&st=20&p=1226967&#entry1226967

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think it was onwww.vivida.co.za scrolling thru the website there was a pic of a patient getting medical needling done by a dr., her face was covered in blood., yet they say it really isnt that painful. The theory Dr. Fernandes has is that we need our skin it is a protective layer and he doesnt think its good to use a lot of lasers to take away the skin's protective layer. Medical needling preserve the protective layer of skin but builds collagen over time and improves the complexion and wrinkles.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I have finally come to the conclusion that I am “outta my ever lovin’ mind”. I purchased a dermaroller from eBay for 72.98. I have had it and used it several times. This post is not about the dermaroller but about spending $72.98 for a piece of plastic with needles coming out of it. It says on the box that it is made in Germany but I doubt that. Maybe packaged in Germany but in all likelihood assembled in China where they might make 12 cents an hour, how sad. I realize that a company has to recoup their costs for R&D but this is ridiculous. Actually I am sitting here laughing at myself thinking that once the needles wear down I can use it to roll the edges of newly placed vinyl floor covering.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
No YOU are not out of your mind,I am.I was thinking of purchasing the medical roll-cit for 1000....but went for the 70 dermaroller. I read on the vivida website that the inventor mDr. Fernandes actually had his ideas on the dermaroller stolen by the now owner of the co. Fernandes did not want it released so soon because he was still in the R and D phase and did not want to release it but the German guy did it anyway on his own. I have heard the dermaroller is inferior to Dr Fernandes products the original inventor and devloper of the cosmetic roll-cit and the medical roll-cit.They have a big feud going on right now between the 2 companies.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy, thank you for the link, and for passing on what you have heard.

Have you located a price for the cosmetic roll-Cit, or the other one?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think the cosmetic roll-cit is around 500, the medical one is 1000.I think both can only be purchased thru a rep and the medical rol-cit is for medical use by a doctor since your face bleeds because of the needle depth.I think you have to email the co and a rep calls you with info, I dont think there are prices on the website.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I found a dr. on the web who sells the cosmetic roll-cit for 795! There do not appear to be a lot of doctors who incorporate this in their practice,perhaps they dont want to give up their lucrative laser business and I am sure they have huge payments to make on their laser machines....
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the difference between the 100-150 roller vs the ones that go for 750-1000? Does the more expensive one last way longer? At $150 i might be able to get a new roller a couple times per year. But, if I forked out 1000 for a roller I'd want it to last..........forever! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Robin
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I think the one from the vivida website where the roller is 1000 is for a dr to use on you one time....the needles are longer and you bleed a lot its for one time use by a dr I believe(I dont see why you cant save it and use it next time,if you pd a 1000 it should last more than once)I believe the needles are longer.I have some confusion about these rollers when i see the huge price difference on the net and wonder if a 70 roller is as good as the 500 roller?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Do all of the models use 100micron diameter wires?

Thanks.
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think needling would help for stretch marks since they are just scar tissue too right?

Am I reading you right scalawaggirl? Are you planning to try this for cellulite reduction?

I started reading the thread over on Acne.org and wow..if this idea works that would surely be something, especially since a lot of people have been able to treat small areas with tattoo gun/needles.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |