Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sherry--I do have tridocaine but I couldn't work up the nerve to try it. There's been a bit of chatter about some nasties in tridocaine perhaps penetrating the skin (of course I read the chatter after I bought the tridocaine Rolling Eyes ) and that held me back from using it...although I probably will try it at some point. But when I considered it further, with my skin barrier a bit "compromised" (full of holes! Laughing ) from rolling, I'd like to try to keep my actives as clean as possible. Pretty much everything we use has one ingredient or another in it that is less than desirable on our skin, and that's almost unavoidable...but some concoctions have more than others and tridocaine is a big unknown AFAIC.

I realize my concern may be exaggerated, though, so I hope others with more experience in using it will chime in if they feel it's a great product. This is just my personal (and perhaps irrational) prejudice.

I probably will try it at some point, however. This roll just wasn't the time. I might even try it combined with the medicine and see if I can't get a little more aggressive still. If I do it, probably will save that for my last roll before I take a break. I'll definitely update about that!

And as Anya said, you can get tridocaine from the link she posted, but I totally agree with her that shipping is very sloooow. I paid for expedited shipping and I might as well have just taken a $10 bill and thrown it in the toilet and flushed for all the good it did me. Laughing I ordered it Monday thinking it would be here from Canada at least by Saturday, but no such luck. It was the following week before I got it. I think it's so slow because CanadaDrugSuperStore.com does not have the tridocaine in stock...it's compounded fresh at an outside pharmacy and I believe shipped from them.

BTW, shelf life of tridocaine is only 6 mos.

HTH!
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs:
Cant remember is I see you on the Lightstim threads or not. Do you use light therapy too?
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sherry wrote:
Quote:
Yubs:
Cant remember is I see you on the Lightstim threads or not. Do you use light therapy too?

I use light therapy but I have Quasar SP. I believe I am also about to purchase a Prolight amber unit, since the amber wavelengths seem to have some anti-aging benefits that the red and infrared spectrums don't necessarily convey. <audible groaning of wallet in distance>

I love light therapy and highly, highly, highly recommend it. But we better quit talking about light therapy in this thread before we get spanked by Winnie for taking it ooff topic!
hee Laughing
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs,
When do you use the quasar? How do you use this in conjunction to rolling? Because the rolling is painful. I want both the light therapy to work and the rolling.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sherry, I decided against using light therapy immediately after rolling because, while it did soothe, from what I understand the inflammation is desirable (it provokes the body into healing mode thus generating the collagen we are seeking), and I don't want to interrupt that.

Personally, I'm not going to use light therapy for at least two days after rolling. Other's mileage may vary, however.

It is a bit ouchie after a roll (I'm still a bit stingy and it's been 24 hours) but we are all so vain here so IMO a little pain is worth the gain! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, light therapy and emu oil soothed me quite a bit after my first roll. It's only after that first roll that I read about inflammation's role in promoting collagen formation, which is why I used them then. So I know those two things seem to work well if the post-rolling stinging is really driving you up the wall. HTH!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
One thing that has occurred to me as a fairly experienced roller (several months now), is that this does not have to as brutal a process as some people seem to be seeing it.

It is easy to start slow, go light, just do a patch. You can modify the discomfort.

For example lately I have been really busy and had trouble fitting rolling in. I usually use ice as my pain management..but even that adds to the time involved. So what I am doing is not icing, and just doing small patches, over many nights. I actually like doing it this way. I can manage the redness, And I think I can modify the way I roll ie how hard, how much depending on the area.

I really do beleive this can be a "progressive" treatment. I don't think you need the lobster look to be successful.

As far as topicals, I find a small squirt of Vit C into my HA is wonderful. No stinging, no peelies. Perfect.

rebecca

5% products discount

Wed May 07, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
OzGal wrote:

I do have a question - does anyone have the sensation that one or a couple of the needles are longer than all the rest?

Yes, exactly! I have the 1.5 and the tridocaine, and was so disappointed when I rolled. I kept feeling just one or two needles really poking me. They all looked even when I examined the roller...
Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

Tonight will be my 6th weekly session with the l.5 roller. I've been using a .75mm for about 3 months.

My question is this - Should I take a break from the 1.5 for 3 months and in the meantime just use the .75? I'm really not too sure what to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

snowqueen, good advice about rolling over a few nights rather than do the whole face all at once. I don't use anything to numb the pain, so this may help. It's really not too bad, but I may split it up into 2 nights. Thanks.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Well some of you might remember that since I started rolling months ago I have wanted to treat my back which is an absolute disaster area of mottled pigmentation resulting from sundamage that has been removed extensively by IPL, but has left a big ugly mess.

The DR has worked largely for this same purpose on my arms, so I wanted to start on my back. Well I finally got my husband to commit to doing it for me. As I am quite "tough" with the old DR, and can roll my face and elsewhere with no numbing...I thought my back would be a piece of cake. WRONG!!!

I still can't work out why it was so uncomfortable. Kind of REALLY ticklish rather than painful. I was flinching like a crazy woman. Kind of covered most of the area before I couldn't stand it anymore. SLathered on my HQ product and SCREAMED. Today it is itchy sore and swollen. All good I guess.

I have tried everything on the skin on my back so this will be the ultimate test for my deramroller.

Next time I will ice and do one section at a time.

Keep you posted.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
What is a DPL?
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
any sucess with keloids? sry i did not read the whole thread.
therisa
5% products discount

Sun May 11, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
So I have just read through all of the post and I am very excited to try this. I have stretch marks on my hips and back. The worse is that I have just noticed some on my upper arms. UGH!!!! they aren't that bad yet, but I can feel them more then I can see them. I have been so depressed over these new findings. This forum has given me much needed hope. So I have spent literally my whole weekend browsing about this procedure and I am still a little hesitate due to my skin being very sensitive. Sorry, I'm a wimp! Anxious Does anyone have rosacea, & if so how has this helped? I have the flushing not acne rosacea. I have also read elsewhere that others use TCA peels with this, does anyone here use peels? Sorry for such a long post & thanks for the much needed hope!
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I just want to say that after rolling my face 3 times (once a week) with my 1.5 roller, and my cheeks one more time, I looked in the mirror of my car in the sunlight ~with no makeup~ and my pores and scars are less visible. They are still there, but not as obvious. I think this is helping girls!!! YAY!!! Very Happy
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Anomaly, That is so exciting! I, too, am seeing a difference is pore size. I've rolled 6 times with my 1.5. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Therisa- I have very sensitive skin and rosacea and I roll with the 1.5, I am just very careful afterwards. I use a vit c serum and hydracool and nothing else. It is a great bonus for my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Greetings Dear Ladies, reading these posts prompted me to join EDS Forums and purchase a 1.0 (from dermarollers.us - the 1.5 was sold out) to use once weekly, then a week later I purchased a .25 from Dr. Roller (ebay) for nightly use for product penetration. My skin is very sensitive (with some scarring), so I'm thinking at least for now the 1.0 is sufficient. I do not use a pain-ointment. My question at this time is, is anyone finding that this is de-hydrating your skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
My 1.5mm makes me peel Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
My question at this time is, is anyone finding that this is de-hydrating your skin?

Welcome Mogulicious! My skin also peels after rolling and this is probably accentuated by applying Retin-A afterwards. However, although I have allot of peeling, my skin does not feel dry (and I am a person with dry skin). I do use emu oil though, so maybe this helps.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone please tell me what page of this thread the article in .pdf format is, the one with the horrifying pictures of the woman being rolled to a bloody pulp by the doctor, that also has the excellent before/after pictures? I looked through the first 15 pages of this thread and couldn't find it. Help is appreciated!

mogulicious: dermarolling dries my skin out a bit, too. I put on hyaluronic acid immediately after rolling, and then about an hour later put on my actives. Seems to help. I LOVE emu oil but don't like to put it on too soon after rolling (I wait a day or maybe two depending on how dry I feel)becuase it seems to calm the inflammation, and the inflammation is something that apparently is part of the process in that it stimulates the healing response that makes rolling so beneficial. I say this based on info I've read here and elsewhere, but is only my opinion/personal preference, so if emu or something else works to rehydrate your skin after rolling, then by all means use it! HTH...
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs, did you mean this one? www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

When my skin looks dry some days after rolling, it tends to peel a little later. A barrier repair cream works wonder for that.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia, that's it. Thanks so much!

Which page was it on, BTW? Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Cadia, that's it. Thanks so much!

Which page was it on, BTW? Laughing

I don't know, I just remembered posting it a while ago and it was easier to find it again than to locate it here Laughing
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm saving it now... Razz
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I've just received a promotional email from Clearskin Care. They're offering 30% off their skin rollers at the moment. Their website is:
www.clearskincare.com.au
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I have been following this thread and have been very interested in all of the great results.

I was researching this online, and came across the following study and findings:

Quote:
The comparative slides below Fig 2, (Control) demonstrated by (Schwartz, 2006) (4) shows new collagen and elastin formation Fig 3, (CIT side) 6 weeks after “dry” micro needling. Dry meaning, “no substance was used or infused into the skin”. In this study, twenty blinded biopsies taken from 10 different patients from various parts of their body demonstrated an average increase in new fibers of 206%, one biopsy a 1000% increase was recorded.

This study also evaluated the penetration forces and needle length. Interestingly, after evaluation of all the biopsies, new collagen fibers were only found at the corium not deeper than 0.5mm to 0.6 mm. Even though 1.5 mm needles were used, no new collagen fibers could be found in the sub dermal layer illustrating no benefit to using longer more invasive needles.

A second study by Korean Dermatologists (Kim, et al, 2006) (5) compared IPL (Elippse, DDDD, Denmark) to micro needling (MTS roller TM Clinical Resolution, INC, USA) while evaluating collagen synthesis. Patients received three treatments at two week intervals (18 Control, 18 IPL, 18 MN). Micro needling (MN) demonstrated: 1) more skin thickness than IPL or control, 2) histology (MT stain) more collagen fiber than IPL or control 3) and a higher collagen qualitative analysis via (ELISA, WB) than IPL or control.

http://www.clinicalresolution.com/main/MTS_Roller_PRP_Paper_by_DrGreco.pdf

Does this mean that we could feasibly use a shorter needles and get the same results?

Has anyone seen anything to the contrary?

(sorry if this has been asked already!)

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |