Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe....if I can graduate up to a Big Girl roller! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Bethany - What are you using for numbing? I'd love to take the roller plunge but I'm in a quandry about the size issue too. I don't have acne problems or scars to contend with - I just want those dang fibroblasts to be stimulated Laughing I vasilate between the .5 and the 1.0. Did you use the 5 on your hands also?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Bethany - What are you using for numbing? I'd love to take the roller plunge but I'm in a quandry about the size issue too. I don't have acne problems or scars to contend with - I just want those dang fibroblasts to be stimulated Laughing I vasilate between the .5 and the 1.0. Did you use the 5 on your hands also?

I think all the worry on the size of the roller is unnecessary - don't forget we're talking in millimeters here. When I had the .75mm and the 1.5mm rollers, I really couldn't notice much difference at all when I used them. However, you do have to take into consideration whether you want the roller for product penetration or for skin resurfacing. If you want to improve the look of pores and fine lines - I would go for a longer needle.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I think all the worry on the size of the roller is unnecessary - don't forget we're talking in millimeters here. When I had the .75mm and the 1.5mm rollers, I really couldn't notice much difference at all when I used them. However, you do have to take into consideration whether you want the roller for product penetration or for skin resurfacing. If you want to improve the look of pores and fine lines - I would go for a longer needle.

I agree with you Keliu and in addition would also add that it depends on the amount of pressure you use when rollering. I have the 1.5mm and I just know being the wuss that I am, I'm not really "digging in" with it. However I'm hoping that eventually I'll suck up the pain and just go for it Very Happy . In the meantime, having the 1.5 mm, I know the potential is there for a really intense roll, rather than using a smaller needle and then having to re-order a deeper one.
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
The problem is I am not sure what I am replying to? Sorry , bear with me! Confused
Am I replying to the post at the top of the page or the bottom or the whole derma roller post or what?
Thanks so much for any help!

This is sooo interesting and promising.
I am thinking about going into Aesthetics and love skin care .
I have been using Retin-A, C, sunblock, Obagi, and some light peels for a coupld of years now...
Everyone always asks how do I get my skin like that?...lol
Started just w/retin-a..the stuff is amazing!
My mom had been using Retin-A since I was a little one. She is 60 now and has outstanding skin and looks 45, and sunbathed her whole life.

So, I am only hoping that a dermaroller will just be the icing on the cake!
My skin is somewhat thin...Retin-A especially thins it...maybe this will help with thickening on face, neck, and hands? I am hoping!! Smile

I am looking to buy the longer one 1.5, and a small one for product delivery...Do you think the .5 is okay or too harsh for general product delivery? Should I go with like a .25 ?

This all makes so much sense, as far as the way skin forms collagen,etc..

I am so happy that you are all having such good results!

Well, sorry to babble...Just excited that I found this forum!
Very Happy

xoxox,
Amanda
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I know a ton of people use nothing for numbing with the .5mm, but I used an antiseptic pain relief spray from Walgreens. It may not have helped much, but it was probably just a mental thing for me. Very Happy

I can say that I rolled quite aggressively, and the rolling itself was less painful than the aftermath in 30 mins. Today the sides of my face were still quite red, and so were my hands...my hands actually ached all day (and still do). Embarassed

I am doing a full face roll in 2 weeks (after I meet my new boss), and *hopefully* my new Super T skin deadener will show up by then. Based on the swelling/trauma I saw today, I am going to go with the .5mm and use the 1.0mm only on my marionette lines.

But I can see why people get into the rolling...it was fun, in a rather perverse way! I ordered my .25mm Dr. Roller today, and am going to use that 2x a week to help thicken my epidermis as Horst Leibl noted in the Q&A I posted above.

However, I will not be doing an intensive roll with the .5mm/1.0mm more frequently than every couple of months as I don't think it is necessary/adviseable for my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - I did want to say thank you for recommending the Dr. Roller.

The quality and packaging was pretty impressive, the handle was easy to hold, and it rolled really smoothly. I can see why you liked it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
Keliu - Didn't you say that you use a Clearskincare roller? I can't remember if it was you who stated they liked it or not, but someone in this thread mentioned it. If you're really interested in trying some clinical treatments, Clearskincare in Edgecliff, Australia does offer them and has published their rates on their website. Each treatment costs between $75.00 to $275.00.www.clearskincare.com.au/skin_needling.html . Not certain if Edgecliff is too far away from you, but it might be closer than Borneo!

I did purchase a Clearskincare roller but gave it to my daughter in favour of the one from the Nova Clinic. I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland but do go to Sydney about twice a year to visit my parents. So next time I'm there I'll definitely check out the Clearskincare Clinic in Edgecliff.

The treatment costs seem quite reasonable. However, there would be no way I'd have that done without a local. Numbing cream wouldn't do much with that amount of rolling and I don't like the thought of numbing cream being applied to the skin whilst the wounds are open. There is also no way I'd do this to myself at home, or advise anyone else to try it - way to gory for me!

I hope you have a chance to visit the clinic the next time you're visiting Edgecliff (and can't wait to hear about it if you do! Wink ). I agree that the treatment costs are reasonable, especially if you only need one or two sessions a year. Based on the pic's in Clearskincare's protocol presentation, I can't imagine this treatment without a local PLUS an application of a topical numbing cream, so I'd probably think twice if they don't offer both. Like yourself, I would not want the cream applied and then directly rolled into my skin (application and then absorbing on it's own would hopefully suffice). The idea of all that chemical delivered directly into my blood stream by the roller (on top of the local) sounds too much to me. Yet I do think you'll need a combination of both to endure the length of a full session. Heck, if you're only going to do this once or twice, might as well go as far as you safely can!

I have always been of the mindset that it isn't necessary to conduct a "gore-inducing" aggressive roll at home to see results. However, I do believe that it is necessary to roll firmly enough with a 1.5 mm roller to induce enough *significant bleeding* to stimulate your skin cells into releasing Transmitting Growth Factors (TGF). Once TGF's are released, subsequent phases of the wound/healing cascade will begin, and this should successfully lead to new collagen production within the lower layer of the dermis. The relationship between the degree of injury within the dermis by the roller, and how much bleeding and inflammation this causes, is very important towards your long-term Type I Collagen Production results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an interesting article on reducing upper lip lines with rolling.

I have only included some key segments of the article, so please see the link for the complete text.

Quote:
New Life for Lips
http://www.vivida.co.za/news/show_article/3

Quote:
Collagen takes time to be deposited and converted to normal adult collagen. Therefore, the results seen over time (three to six skin cycles) are smoother upper lips with greatly lessened fine lines and wrinkles. The texture of the lips is also rejuvenated.

It is helpful to repeat the needling procedure several times to obtain better results, because each session improves on the previous one. If the tissues of the upper lip are deficient, it is essential to restore the normal thickness of the upper lip with fat injections or other injections or implants.

Quote:
Leonard Miller, MD, a Boston-based plastic surgeon, has been one of the pioneers in the application of medical needling in the United States. He has found that it is very effective in patients with early fine lines and wrinkles and moderate deep lines around the mouth and lips.

Miller does not find it effective for improving deep lines (rhagades) and well-defined marionette lines. The results obtained from needling become progressively better with subsequent treatments spaced from 3 to 6 months apart.

A significant aspect of his treatment protocol is to make sure that his patients apply high doses of vitamins A and C 6 weeks before treatment. This preparation provides healthier skin upon which to perform the procedure. Miller has achieved quite dramatic results with his perioral rejuvenation program (Figures 1 through 3, page 32).

Immediately postprocedure, he also applies—as does Fernandes—an oil enriched with vitamins A and C that is specially designed to help stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. He continues patient use at home for 6 weeks thereafter. The efficacious benefits derived from the application of vitamins A and C are greatly enhanced because they can penetrate deeper through the channels created by the needling.

Quote:
If a patient has a history of cold sores, antiviral medication should be prescribed.

Quote:
Large and Small Needles
Currently, two types of surgical needles are used in this procedure: a 1-mm model and a deeper-penetrating 3-mm version. Each also comes in various gauges to better address the area to be treated.

The advantages of using a 1-mm roller are that the procedure is easily performed with topical anesthesia and there is virtually no downtime. The skin bleeds only to a minor degree and looks flushed immediately after the treatment. After 1 day, the skin looks as though the patient has a modest sunburn. When treating lips with a 1-mm needle, the procedure should be repeated every 2 to 3 weeks for a total of at least six treatments.

For 3-mm medical needling to be at its most effective, Miller believes that the needling must be aggressive with repeated passes beyond the vermilion margin and the nasolabial– labiomental creases. The procedural endpoint is when there is diffuse bleeding and purpura—the lack of normal skin color.

Quote:
Because vigorous 3-mm medical needling causes bruising and 5 to 8 days of downtime, many plastic surgeons use it as an adjunct to other procedures, such as facelifts and blepharoplasties (Figure 4). Patients can, however, go out after several days, but they may want to apply a mineral makeup. It is important to note that the bruising, while substantial immediately after the procedure, is dramatically reduced after 3 days.

Quote:
Clinical Experience
In a presentation at the fall 1995 meeting of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Philip Miller, MD, a facial plastic surgeon practicing in New York City and no relation to Leonard Miller, said about medical needling, “It is straightforward, simple, and easy to do. Patients are highly satisfied with the results.”5

At the time of his presentation, Miller had performed medical needling on 11 patients, nine of whom said they experienced a 70% to 79% improvement from baseline. The two others rated their improvement 50% to 59%. He found no evidence of pigmentary changes on any treated skin, even Fitzpatrick types V and VI.

Jonathan Jacobs, MD, a plastic surgeon in Virginia Beach, Va, has been performing medical needling for 18 months and has found the results very promising. When treating patients, Jacobs also has found no significant epidermal injury, no alteration in pigmentation, and no reported patient discomfort . Whereas there is postoperative ecchymosis and erythema, they resolve over a period of 4 to 5 days.

Like other plastic surgeons, Jacobs has found that repeating the procedure results in greatly reduced perioral lines and wrinkles (Figure 5, page 34). In his opinion, the procedure represents a promising surgical attempt at the correction of fine, moderate, and deep rhagades. Because he has only 18 months of results, he is not sure how long the results will be sustained.

Quote:
Andres Bustillo, MD....

Bustillo has achieved impressive results with his patients, who report that they see improvements from 60% and 70% after one treatment. He has completed a large study on medical needling that will soon be published.

Quote:
Treating the area preprocedure and postprocedure with topical retinoids is important in achieving the results both he and his patients demand.

Quote:
All physicians who have used medical needling have found it to be an effective means of treating fine and moderate upper-lip lines and wrinkles. Results improve with repeated treatments. It is also a procedure that combines extraordinarily well with other modalities to create effective and lasting results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Quote:

I agree with you Keliu and in addition would also add that it depends on the amount of pressure you use when rolling. I have the 1.5mm and I just know being the wuss that I am, I'm not really "digging in" with it. However I'm hoping that eventually I'll suck up the pain and just go for it Very Happy . In the meantime, having the 1.5 mm, I know the potential is there for a really intense roll, rather than using a smaller needle and then having to re-order a deeper one.

Ladies - I agree with both of you, too! Smile The maximum depth the 1.5 mm roller will penetrate is 1.3 mm, yet you have complete control over how firmly you want to push the roller to achieve full penetration. Some people press very, very lightly with their 1.5 mm roller and are happy, then there are others who work up to pressing as deeply as they can. You can multi-task with the 1.5 mm and use it lightly or firmly for different purposes, which many do, but I prefer to have a series of different size rollers simply because I have several goals I am working on (including my body), and require the different sizes to address my particular needs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 12:06 am      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
...I am looking to buy the longer one 1.5, and a small one for product delivery...Do you think the .5 is okay or too harsh for general product delivery? Should I go with like a .25 ?

This all makes so much sense, as far as the way skin forms collagen,etc..

I am so happy that you are all having such good results!

Well, sorry to babble...Just excited that I found this forum!
Very Happy

xoxox,
Amanda

Welcome, Amanda! The forum is pretty addictive, isn't it! There is so much to absorb when you first join that you'll find yourself up half the night reading through thread after thread! There is a ton of great info though, so enjoy! Smile

Regarding your question, I think the answer is dependant on what topicals you intend to use for product penetration with your roller. The 0.25 mm size will only penetrate the surface of the Epidermis and no deeper. So if you are trying to prevent your products from penetrating beyond the epidermis (because you worry about sensitivities), then this is the roller for you. If, on the other hand, you have topicals that you know are suitable for deeper penetration into the skin, then I would wholeheartedly suggest the 0.5 mm size. This roller has a maximum penetration of 0.3 mm which is just enough to target the very top of the Papillary Dermis, which is the upper layer of the dermis that contains a delicate matrix of elastin and collagen fibers deeper within it. The goal of most actives these days is to reach the dermis layer in the hopes of *feeding* it with beneficial vitamins or proteins or peptides that will trigger the body into generating more elastin and collagen.

Of course the beauty of the 0.5 mm is you don't have to use it strictly for product penetration and can use it alone to help stimulate skin cell turnover and thickening of the skin. The fact that is can graze the Papillary Dermis means there will be additional skin cell benefits over the 0.25 mm.

HTH's... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 12:18 am      Reply with quote
It is helpful to repeat the needling procedure several times to obtain better results, because each session improves on the previous one. If the tissues of the upper lip are deficient, it is essential to restore the normal thickness of the upper lip with fat injections or other injections or implants.

I have significantly reduced my lip lines by doing exactly this. For the past 12 months I have had collagen injections into the upper lip border and vertical lip lines. Along with consistent rolling, the results have been extremely successful.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
For the past 12 months I have had collagen injections into the upper lip border and vertical lip lines. Along with consistent rolling, the results have been extremely successful.

How many collagen injections have you had? And do you have any idea of how long you'll need to keep up with the collagen injections before you can cut back on them? Or are the injections something that you'll always have to do to maintain a line-free upper lip (regardless of the rolling)? Ta!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
How many collagen injections have you had? And do you have any idea of how long you'll need to keep up with the collagen injections before you can cut back on them? Or are the injections something that you'll always have to do to maintain a line-free upper lip (regardless of the rolling)? Ta!

I've had about four lots of injections. The last time I went (which was last week) the nurse only injected into one little vertical line. She said the others have all gone. Even though the collagen dissipates over time, after each injection a little remains and creates new collagen and, of course, the rolling is helping that too. The nurse is amazed and rather proud of my results. The reason I have collagen is that she said its softer than other injectables and is suitable for me because I didn't want to have big puffy lips. I will probably continue to get the upper lip line done - it's not noticeable at all, it just adds some strength, not volume. I also just got a Vaculifter so now I'm going to be sucking away at my lips too - it will be interesting to see if that also improves them. On with the stabbing and sucking! Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Wow - those are some impressive results! Thanks for the info, Keliu! I was a smoker once-upon-a-time-ago and am worried about the ramifications of vertical lip lines developing in the future. My mother-in-law quit smoking around 18 years ago and has horrible upper lip lines that appeared years AFTER she quit (she just turned 60). So my greatest fear is the unknown and what is lurking beneath the surface of my skin.

I'm hoping that if I continue to roll the upper lip area (with the 1.5 mm during intensive treatments), and then again 2-3 times throughout the week with a smaller roller when I am on a break from the 1.5 mm, that I might be able to keep the lip-line-monster at bay in the future. At the end of the day, the culprits behind these lines are always the same buggers; damaged collagen and the sun. So maybe I have a chance of preventing the damage from surfacing if I work on the area with my rollers early in the game.

How many times do you think you've rolled your upper lips since you began to work on the area?

Oh, and way to go - you bought a Vaculifter! I haven't taken the plunge...yet! Looking forward to hearing your first impressions about this little sucker! Wink You know if someone told me a year ago that I would be planning my 2008 skincare goals around a "stabbing and sucking" routine, I would have laughed hysterically in their face! Yet...here I am looking forward to lots of S&S! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 2:12 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
You know if someone told me a year ago that I would be planning my 2008 skincare goals around a "stabbing and sucking" routine, I would have laughed hysterically in their face! Yet...here I am looking forward to lots of S&S! Laughing

I know, its pretty hysterical but compared to buying expensive face creams, I think it's money well spent.

I'm afraid I was a smoker too - for 30 years! I only roll above the top lip, not the lip itself. I've done it every time I've rolled, so I don't know exactly how many times but it would be quite allot.

My neck is my main problem area - it's horrible, chicken skin and red neck lines. The skin on my face has improved no end but my neck is slower to respond.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
You know if someone told me a year ago that I would be planning my 2008 skincare goals around a "stabbing and sucking" routine, I would have laughed hysterically in their face! Yet...here I am looking forward to lots of S&S! Laughing

I know, its pretty hysterical but compared to buying expensive face creams, I think it's money well spent.

I'm afraid I was a smoker too - for 30 years! I only roll above the top lip, not the lip itself. I've done it every time I've rolled, so I don't know exactly how many times but it would be quite allot.

My neck is my main problem area - it's horrible, chicken skin and red neck lines. The skin on my face has improved no end but my neck is slower to respond.

OMG - you quit after 30 years! Shock That is huge - congratulations! What was the motivating factor that caused you to quit? For my Mother, who smoked for over 40 years, it was a blood clot that lead to her heart (she survived it, thank goodness). Once she was released from hospital, she never had another cigarette again! I stopped smoking in my 30's and naively thought that I wouldn't develop smokers lines or skin damage in the future as my reward for giving up the habit! Wink I've since discovered this might not be the case. So this is why I want to really target my upper lip line area now in the hopes that I can prevent any damage from showing up later on. Like yourself, I am rolling the area that is between my upper lip and nose. Which hurts like the dicken's, but hey, no pain, no collagen-gain!

The neck is a tricky area for me as well. I find it remains super red for a prolonged period after rolling. Have you considered trying the 0.5 mm size to roll some topicals like vitamins or peptides into the area on a daily or bi-daily basis? I love my 1.5 mm roller, but also enjoy using the 0.5 mm and 1.0 mm in addition to it, as each one does have it's benefits (these rollers are money well spent indeed Smile !!!).

Perhaps your neck is the ideal candidate for a medical CIT treatment? While searching around for clinic locations, I came across three other places in Australia and immediately thought of you and the other Aussie gals here!

Of prime interest is this clinic, that I also believe is in your area. It looks really good and so do the staff bio's. My guess is it'll be expensive. No pricing was mentioned.
www.adacosmetic.com.au/treatment.asp?pageid=60

This is another interesting clinic in Victoria. The staff bio's do look good, however, this place is expensive! The site indicates that one treatment is $1800.00 ! Shock
www.thevictoriancosmeticinstitute.com.au/skin-needling/

Lastly, here is a medi-spa in Queensland that has four locations. I couldn't tell much from the site, and there was nothing about the staff. No pricing was mentioned either.
www.cozmedics.com.au/non_surgical-skin_needling.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I can't believe there are all these places in Australia - thanks for all the info. Yes, it would be great to get a clinical roll on my neck and I will definitely have to get a smaller roller to use more often.

I gave up smoking about 7 years ago because I had to have a sinus operation and felt like an idiot still smoking when I had chronic sinus. I still get the sinus but I actually think that using an LED helps. Since I've been using the Lightstim I don't get as blocked up at night.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Wow, I can't believe there are all these places in Australia - thanks for all the info. Yes, it would be great to get a clinical roll on my neck and I will definitely have to get a smaller roller to use more often.

You're welcome, and you won't be sorry about picking up a smaller roller for your neck. Smile

I was also surprised by the number of clinics in Australia (you girls are lucky!). Combine these places with Clearskincare and the Nova clinic, and you've got 5 different locale's to pick from for a medical CIT session in Australia. Not bad considering there might be other clinics that we haven't heard of yet! I've got my fingers crossed that one of you Aussie gal's will take the medical CIT plunge and report back here, to DIY-Dermarolling-Headquarters ( Wink ), so that we have something to compare our home-efforts to!

Keliu wrote:
I gave up smoking about 7 years ago because I had to have a sinus operation and felt like an idiot still smoking when I had chronic sinus.

It's interesting how it often takes a health issue to motivate us to kick the fags (cig's). For me it was a case of feeling sick to my stomach while I was smoking (which was strange because it took 15 years before this started to happen! Rolling Eyes ). It really made the job of quitting a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.

Keliu wrote:
I still get the sinus but I actually think that using an LED helps. Since I've been using the Lightstim I don't get as blocked up at night.

Have you tried your new Vaculifter on your sinus areas at night or before bed? Hopefully it will provide some additional relief if you need it. Between your LS and this new gadget, it's possible that your sinus issues might disappear completely!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
A significant aspect of his treatment protocol is to make sure that his patients apply high doses of vitamins A and C 6 weeks before treatment. This preparation provides healthier skin upon which to perform the procedure. Miller has achieved quite dramatic results with his perioral rejuvenation program (Figures 1 through 3, page 32).

Immediately postprocedure, he also applies—as does Fernandes—an oil enriched with vitamins A and C that is specially designed to help stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. He continues patient use at home for 6 weeks thereafter. The efficacious benefits derived from the application of vitamins A and C are greatly enhanced because they can penetrate deeper through the channels created by the needling.[/quote]

Quote:
Treating the area preprocedure and postprocedure with topical retinoids is important in achieving the results both he and his patients demand.

I thought that retinoids thin the skin and the whole idea of rolling was to thicken the skin. For me, when I use my vitamin a, my lines look worse. I do use vitamin a immediately after rolling with a 1.5. So at least I've got that right. My skin then peels about 3 days later-kinda like a light chemical peel. I think I already have "thin" skin so I was wondering how often do I need to use the retin a. I do use vitamin c every morning.

I've read all the way through this thread and I've done some internet searches myself but this forum has the best information. I don't know how you people find all this stuff! I just keep coming back here to get more educated. Smile
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
That article Bethany posted is wonderful. We are on the cutting edge of this. This is exciting. I believe it will be a treatment many will be doing in spas, and Dr. office shortly. We are a head of the scene at least in the US.

Anyway, the article was excellent and I am wondering if I should purchase a smaller roller. I have the 1.5 now and my last roll was last Friday. I have rolled 6 times in the past 6 weeks or so. Last one being very aggressive. So, I am think I should do some other smaller rolls. What do you think. I feel if I stop I won't get the results.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
One more thing. It mentions in the article about an oil which contains vit. c and A? What is this oil. Anyone have any ideas?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I have the same article! I am looking to get a 1 mm dermaroller. I assume the A and C product is from Environ, which is Dr. Fernandes's skin care line.
rowmare
5% products discount

Fri May 23, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I want to try the dermaroller! I'm on ebay now, looking for one.

One question, though: How do you sterilize it between uses?
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I sterilize my rollers after each use soaked in alcohol OR soak 5 minutes in dissolved antibacterial denture cleaner tablets.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |