Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
sherry wrote:
That article Bethany posted is wonderful. We are on the cutting edge of this. This is exciting. I believe it will be a treatment many will be doing in spas, and Dr. office shortly. We are a head of the scene at least in the US.

Anyway, the article was excellent and I am wondering if I should purchase a smaller roller. I have the 1.5 now and my last roll was last Friday. I have rolled 6 times in the past 6 weeks or so. Last one being very aggressive. So, I am think I should do some other smaller rolls. What do you think. I feel if I stop I won't get the results.

I agree with Sherry, and have been thinking along the same lines myself...it's very exciting to be in on the "ground floor" of something like this. It will be interesting over the next year or so to see where it takes us all. And definite thanks to bethany for getting so much good info recently! Very Happy

I'm planning on doing some smaller rolls, too. I wasn't, but based on the lit that bethany's posted I changed my mind. I'm going to do my last roll with the 1.5 next week, and I plan to do another course of 1.5 rolls in three months...this is for the dermis. But I'm also going to start with the .5 for the epidermis. See where that takes me.

Well, the tridocaine has set long enough, off to do my decollatege now.

BTW, does anyone find that rolling in one direction hurts them more than another direction?

I just don't see how anyone can get rolled the way the physicians are doing it to their clients. They would have to empty the pharmacy of demerol for me to sit still through that! Laughing
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Denture cleaning capsules sound like a great idea. I use alcohol but it stings if I use the roller immediately after.

I just bought a new 1.5 and 2mm. I do not think I need short ones because I can just roll less deeply (but the shorter ones are less expensive). I can't wait to hear what we will all say in a year. hopefully we'll continue to see improvement. I am pleased that my neck now looks less like chicken skin.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
I just don't see how anyone can get rolled the way the physicians are doing it to their clients. They would have to empty the pharmacy of demerol for me to sit still through that! Laughing

They would have to completely put me under to make me sit still!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I've had IV demerol for outpatient surgery before...it will put you out, but if it doesn't, trust me, you just won't care! Whee! Wink
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
how much hindrance would it be to roll after a glass of wine, or two?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I've got two so far from different ebay sellers. A 1.5mm (not very good quality, it turns out. One needle is loose and there's a few bent ones!) and a 0.25mm, which you can use every day, apparently.

I thought I'd have a good roll with the 0.25mm today and work up to the 1.5mm over time.

My skin has just said "what the f*$! was that?!"..I didn't expect my face to go so red, I even drew blood, and that's the teeny roller!

I can see me having a few glasses of wine before using the 1.5mm! (Assuming it's safe to do so, of course).

Last night I ordered a Nova roller, thanks to Bethany's post, another 1.5mm, as the one I have is quite cr*p.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
how much hindrance would it be to roll after a glass of wine, or two?

Mog, I had the very same thought...I think my pre-roll will be one glass, and then I will have another post-roll! Cheers!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I thought I'd have a good roll with the 0.25mm today and work up to the 1.5mm over time.

My skin has just said "what the f*$! was that?!"..I didn't expect my face to go so red, I even drew blood, and that's the teeny roller!

Your skin must have been talking to my skin, because mine had the same reaction to the .5mm, lol. Shock

But my cheeks did peel today, just like all the experienced Roller Girls said it would! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Here are some additional roller articles for people like me who read things to death before trying them. Very Happy I pulled together a list for another forum, so please overlook any already duplicated in this thread.

Page 8 contains CIT frequency recommendations based on skin condition:
http://www.euromeditravel.com/doc/additional_info.pdf

Some results pics and detailed directions on how to do a roll, including frequency of usage for the .2mm Environ home care roller:
http://www.beautymagonline.com/pages/environ_rollcit.htm

An overview of the process from Dr. Des Fernandes, including some frequency recommendations:
http://www.vivida.co.za/db_files/16_IIAA_newsletter.pdf

Some results photos from a Boston doctor:
http://www.bostoncentreaestheticmedicine.com/collageninduction.html

A Miami doctor's webpage, with links to a video of him performing the procedure:
http://www.drbustillo.com/roll-cit.htm

The Dermaroller blog where I asked Horst Liebl about needle length, and his reply:
http://dermaroller.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/question-about-collagen-function/

The Dermaroller blog with a question and answer on treatment frequency:
http://dermaroller.wordpress.com/2008/04/25/question-about-treatment-intervals/

STIMULATION OF CELL GROWTH by Horst Liebl
http://www.dermaroller.de/us/science/abstract-reflections.html

Electrical Signals Control Wound Healing (dermarollers generate electrical charges)
http://www.dermaroller.de/images/stories/Findings.pdf

Percutanous Delivery By Dr. K. Anastassakis May 2005
http://www.dermaroller.de/us/science/percutanous-delivery.html

Collagen Induction Therapy in Mouse ( IPL vs. Micro-needling )
http://www.clinicalresolution.com/main/MTS-ueljihospital.pdf#pagemode=thumbs&page=1

Skin Needling - A New Treatment for Scars and Lines
http://www.mesotherapyworldwide.com/images/pdf/Skin%20Needling%20for%20Doctors_MW.pdf

Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy: An Alternative Treatment for Scars, Wrinkles, and Skin Laxity
http://www.acaciadermacare.com/upload/docs/PCI%20-%20Plastic%20Surgery%20Journal%20-%20April%202008.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Alcohol thins the blood...that's one reason they ask you when you get a tatoo if you've been drinking. Of course I lied...Laughing My point is that if you drink before rolling you may see a bit more blood.

If you decided to roll after doing anything that's going to alter your consciousness, IMO you should be very careful to stay VERY focused. From experience I know it would be easy to get a bit carried away. And by "carried away" I mean sloppy technique (such as imprecise strokes that could tear instead of puncture the skin), not aggressive rolling. It still hurts so aggressive is still hard to achieve, but since you're a little bit lax it would be easier to go faster and get a bit sloppy. Just can't let yourself get sloppy, is all.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the article links, Bethany. This will be good reading!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Alcohol thins the blood...that's one reason they ask you when you get a tatoo if you've been drinking. Of course I lied...Laughing My point is that if you drink before rolling you may see a bit more blood.

If you decided to roll after doing anything that's going to alter your consciousness, IMO you should be very careful to stay VERY focused. From experience I know it would be easy to get a bit carried away. And by "carried away" I mean sloppy technique (such as imprecise strokes that could tear instead of puncture the skin), not aggressive rolling. It still hurts so aggressive is still hard to achieve, but since you're a little bit lax it would be easier to go faster and get a bit sloppy. Just can't let yourself get sloppy, is all.

Those are all very good points. No pre-roll glass for me, sigh!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested in purchasing a DermaRoller. Can anyone please recommend a good EBay seller for me? THANK YOU!
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ebay: I'm happy with my purchase from "backstrecords"

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your prompt response, I am definitely going to make the purchase!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Ebay: I'm happy with my purchase from "backstrecords"

This is the same guy I posted about in the "discounted dermaroller thread"...depending on what length you buy, buying direct is cheaper than going through ebay.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany thanks for all your research and the links - I've got some reading to do Very Happy

Since I usually roll in the a.m. I think the glass of wine suggestion is out of the question - I'd be pie-eyed by lunchtime Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Bethany thanks for all your research and the links - I've got some reading to do Very Happy

Anya, you are certainly welcome. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the links with the pictures. I hope they're true. One had flabby abs turned quite nice seems unbelievable. I'm going to try my underarm funny area (it's not fat just droopy). Hope it work!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Thanks for the links with the pictures. I hope they're true. One had flabby abs turned quite nice seems unbelievable. I'm going to try my underarm funny area (it's not fat just droopy). Hope it work!

Go for it!!!

5% products discount

Sun May 25, 2008 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I've had the 1.5 mm roller for a few weeks now. I'm hoping to do a "gentle" roll on 6/9 to see how my skin reacts. This will give me 4 days of recovery time before I return to work (I can't have compromised skin due to the nature of my job.)

I hope to do an "aggressive" roll in July, when I have 9 days away from work. I will certainly post my results and plan on taking before/after pics.

I wish I had found this forum earlier...I could have started my treatments this fall.

THANKS for all of the great articles!!!!

Christine
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I know there are a lot of articles up there, and LOTS of overwhelming info in them. Shock

But I did want to point out the frequency recommendations in the following article:

The frequency of the procedure:
• Every 1-3 years – photoaging
• Every 2-4 months – post-acne scars (together 2-6 procedures)
• Every 2-4 months – “smoker skin” (together 3-6 procedures)
• Every 1-2 months – skin-striae (together 3-6 procedures)

http://www.euromeditravel.com/doc/additional_info.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Can you roll if you have Radiesse? I would only get a 5 mm probably but don't want to take a chance with the Radiesse since I love the results.
And leaf Rusher just introduced their new roller. It doesn't say what size the needles are??
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Can you roll if you have Radiesse? I would only get a 5 mm probably but don't want to take a chance with the Radiesse since I love the results.
And leaf Rusher just introduced their new roller. It doesn't say what size the needles are??

The new Leaf & Rusher roller looks like it is now made by Dr. Roller and it looks like a .25mm...except it is WAY over priced at $118!!! Shock Shock Shock (that is $79 OVER what you would expect to pay for a .25mm roller)

http://www.leafandrusher.com/ProductDetail.cfm?Itemid=64

The only thing I found interesting was that it mentioned "Equiped with over 90 stainless steel micro-points to stimulate the release of stress, tension and toxins."

From looking at the roller (and looking at the Dr. Roller specs) I think that should REALLY say "over 190."

I think .25mm is a great roller for product penetration and frequent usage...that is what I will be using a couple of times a week since it is proven to increase your epidermis thickness by 30-40% just by using it a couple of times a week for 2-3 months.

And this length would also work with fillers (others may as well, but since this penetrates less deeply, there is less risk of impacting the fillers in any way)

Platinum, you should use this on your thin skinnned nose to build the protective skin back up!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I studied all topics about DermaRoller here on EDS Forums. Sometimes I was so excited that I was ready to place the order for one. However, from experience of the past, I've decided to learn the issue before buying next gadget.

So, the bottom line - in all threads about DermaRoller I did not see anything about result achieved. Only expectations.

I searched around the internet too. But didn't find the actual reviews of actual result...

Did anybody here achieve anything? Or just injured himself in hope to get any result?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |