Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Could you guys point me to the best place to purchase.. (I can't find the thread Beth did.)


Here's the Ebay seller of the Dr. Roller - they're the same ones that are sold by the Nova Clinic. If you buy from the seller direct (not through Ebay) and mention you belong to EDS I think there's a discount.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbackstrecords


I just checked that out, thank you!

I noticed some rollers are very narrow with only 3 lines of needles and others are twice as wide.... What do you recommend for me to get.

I'm thinking of getting .5 and 1. Do you think this is a good choice? Argh! I'm a wreck trying to figure it all out..

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Could you guys point me to the best place to purchase.. (I can't find the thread Beth did.)


Here's the Ebay seller of the Dr. Roller - they're the same ones that are sold by the Nova Clinic. If you buy from the seller direct (not through Ebay) and mention you belong to EDS I think there's a discount.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbackstrecords


I just checked that out, thank you!

I noticed some rollers are very narrow with only 3 lines of needles and others are twice as wide.... What do you recommend for me to get.

I'm thinking of getting .5 and 1. Do you think this is a good choice? Argh! I'm a wreck trying to figure it all out..


The narrow rollers are useful for around the eyes - which I know is one of your areas of concern but I would still get the wider rollers. IMHO you should get a .5 and 1.5 because there won't be a huge difference between the .5 and 1 and as I said before, the 1 and 1.5 are similar in pain factor. The 1.5 will be good for collagen induction. Anyway, that's my thoughts, others will have their own views.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
IMHO you should get a .5 and 1.5 because there won't be a huge difference between the .5 and 1 and as I said before, the 1 and 1.5 are similar in pain factor. The 1.5 will be good for collagen induction. Anyway, that's my thoughts, others will have their own views.



I so want to give you a good smack C... Laughing Laughing

So which size would be for the dreaded eyes? I wonder if it works on bags??????? They are my nemesis as you know.

Okay so do I look for the skinny ones or the big kahunas?

UGH!! My palms are sweating just thinking about it all... Shock Shock Shock

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
I know everyone's pain level is different and I don't think mine is very high. As I remember when I went into labor with my first son, I wanted no pain meds. Within minutes of the first contraction I wanted the drugs!!!!Call me chicklittle Laughing But now many years later, and the issues are with vanity, I can endure Cool Really I don't think much about it. I do have the numbing cream but I rarely use it. I just to have derma abrasion done at the derm. office and that was much more painful. For me this is no big deal.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, here is the thread with the discounts on the rollers for 2 different sources...I would check both for pricing. (the EDS prices for the seller Toby listed are cheaper than his ebay auctions, and you can either call in your c/c nnumber or use paypal with the contact info I provided in the thread.)

The 2nd place listed on page 1 is having a sale, and there is a coupon code on top of that...but I think it expires VERY soon.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

Editing to add: I would not buy the skinny 3Line roller until you are sure you want to coninue rolling. Start with the wider one.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
So which size would be for the dreaded eyes? I wonder if it works on bags??????? They are my nemesis as you know.

Okay so do I look for the skinny ones or the big kahunas?

UGH!! My palms are sweating just thinking about it all... Shock Shock Shock


Stop stressing! Just think how much more beautiful you're going to be!

I don't have trouble using the wider roller under the eye area. Initially, you will be using the 1.5 roller once a week for about 6 weeks as a treatment for collagen building. I use my .5 roller every other day for product penetration and because I like the way my skin looks after I've used it. If you're too scared to use the 1.5 straight off, then use the .5 first. Just remember that thinking about using the roller is far worse than actually using it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Beth, Keliu + Toby......Thank you so much for all the great info and explaining it so well.

I'm reading everything that you provided Beth, and will decide on the sizes after that..

Knowing what a big baby I am, I'm thinking realistically I won't be able to handle more than 1., and even that will have to be with a whole lot of luck, and a glass or two of Pinot Grigio.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm going to do my homework, and hopefully be ready to Roll, when I get back from vacation..

Thanks again, you guys ROCK, as well as ROLL.. Laughing

Thanks again for all the help.....I think.. Confused

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Let me know if you want links to any of the research studies.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Let me know if you want links to any of the research studies.



I read a couple of things you posted about a week ago I believe in this thread, but now it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.. Laughing

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would surely love to have a look at whatever you think I would benefit from.

Thanks Beth!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I will start a new thread with just articles tomorrow, but this will get you started:


This is a great article on 1mm vs. 3mm rolling, and includes recommended roll frequencies from one of the inventors:

Environ® Medical Roll-CIT™ Micro-needling
Revolutionary New Approach to Medical Needling

http://www.dermaconcepts.com/2004/environ1mmNeedling1.pdf



This one focuses specifically on lip lines:

New Life for Lips
http://www.vivida.co.za/news/show_article/3



This one has a very good overview of the science behind rolling and how collagen is actually laid down within your skin:

Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Collagen Inductionhttp://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I talked with the Nova Clinic to see which size needles (1 or 1.5 mm) they would recommend for my vertical lip lines. I explained to them that when I pull my skin taut, the lines are not there. They recommended I use the 1 mm for my lines given my description. Just thought I would throw that out if anyone is trying to decide on lengths of the needles.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2004
Posts: 356
Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I think I want to roll my arms the under part of the upper arm. What size needle should I use? What do you think I can accomplish with this said size roller?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I think I want to roll my arms the under part of the upper arm. What size needle should I use? What do you think I can accomplish with this said size roller?


Sherry, what sizes do you have available....5 and 1.5?

If those are the 2 choices, I would go with the 1.5mm.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I will start a new thread with just articles tomorrow, but this will get you started:


This is a great article on 1mm vs. 3mm rolling, and includes recommended roll frequencies from one of the inventors:

Environ® Medical Roll-CIT™ Micro-needling
Revolutionary New Approach to Medical Needling

http://www.dermaconcepts.com/2004/environ1mmNeedling1.pdf



This one focuses specifically on lip lines:

New Life for Lips
http://www.vivida.co.za/news/show_article/3



This one has a very good overview of the science behind rolling and how collagen is actually laid down within your skin:

[b]Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Collagen Inductionhttp://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf
[/b]


Beth, thanks once again for coming to the rescue. I'm enjoying reading all about it..

One thing that didn't dawn on me till reading, was that the blood vessels under the skin are 'ruptured' (I think that's what I read??). I'm still on an anticoagulant since my hospital drama a couple of months ago... I was assuming that if I just used a short needle that didn't cause obvious bleeding I'd be okay, but now that I read what happens underneath the skin, I think my Dr will tell me a big fat NO.

Another contraindication for me is a family history of MDS (in a nutshell, not enough platelets)...

I'll tell you something, I had no idea exactly how involved this needling business is.. I would highly recommend that everybody takes the time to read the bottom link that Beth provided. It explains everything you could possibly need to know perfectly..Also the importance of preparing your skin in advance of needling for several weeks to months, with the proper vitamins topically (A, C, E + peptides)

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'll tell you something, I had no idea exactly how involved this needling business is.. I would highly recommend that everybody takes the time to read the bottom link that Beth provided. It explains everything you could possibly need to know perfectly..Also the importance of preparing your skin in advance of needling for several weeks to months, with the proper vitamins topically (A, C, E + peptides)


Kassy, you are exactly right....in order to get the optimal results, there is indeed more to it than just ordering a mega roller and digging in.

Perhaps you should consider starting with a .15mm or .25mm...either one will help improve/thicken your epidermis by 30-40% (using it 2-3x week over 2-3 months) AND they will help with product penetration (you do NOT need a .5mm for that). And the short needles would allow you to avoid any issues with your meds, family history, etc.

MB mentioned some VERY good results just using the .15mm...way better than I would have anticipated, actually. (she thought her roller was longer, but L&R has only distributed .15mm...I called L&R to confirm)

mb935 wrote:
I wanted to post my outcome from using the .25 or .5 (not sure - I have the smallest Leaf and Rusher model)

Ive had this skin issue for years and I have no clue what it even is (will ask my dermatologist next week). My entire front cheek area has what looks like very large sagging pores - looks horrible. Im not sure if its sundamage or maybe due to acne. Weird thing is its uniform on both cheeks (quite a large area too) - but the rest of my skin is fine.

Anyway - I JUST noticed a few days ago that most of this area has greatly improved. I am also using the facemaster and cupping - but I know that I have been aggressively using the dermaroller more in this area - thing is I was doing so to plump up the area (using Retin A) - not so much to improve this issue because I didnt think these small needles would help.

Well... I guess they do!! Isnt that amazing??? Im very pleased!!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I think I'll take your advice and try the 0.25 I'm waiting for the final okay from my DR. and then I'll order.

The plan, if he say's okay, is to really feed my skin with the good stuff for the next 3 weeks, and then proceed starting the beginning of July.

Thanks for all the help Beth. I have plenty more reading to do now.. Like you, I like to know well in advance exactly what I'm getting into.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have MDS, Kassy, or just a family hx of this? I have ITP and I don't have problems with the dermaroller at the .5 mm level.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Do you have MDS, Kassy, or just a family hx of this? I have ITP and I don't have problems with the dermaroller at the .5 mm level.


Hi Riley!

My Mom has MDS, and it *can* follow a genetic pattern. I have a blood disorder also, but it's kidney related.

If that all wasn't enough, I had a heart related hopitalization a couple of months ago, and I've been on anticoagulants since. I don't expect that to continue much longer though, because the tests I've had since then, indicate much of my problem was directly related to stress..Although the stress continues.. Sad Sad , I'm finally learning to deal with it better.

I would love to try even the .25 DR, but I have to get the okay from my DR first. I just know that right off the top of his head he'll say no though.. I'll have to be in tiptop shape first, and then schmooze him a little.. Wink

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I would love to try even the .25 DR, but I have to get the okay from my DR first. I just know that right off the top of his head he'll say no though.. I'll have to be in tiptop shape first, and then schmooze him a little.. Wink


Just get the .15mm...there is absolutely no bleeding or anything, so there would be no such risks.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
I would love to try even the .25 DR, but I have to get the okay from my DR first. I just know that right off the top of his head he'll say no though.. I'll have to be in tiptop shape first, and then schmooze him a little.. Wink


Just get the .15mm...there is absolutely no bleeding or anything, so there would be no such risks.



You evil woman... Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin You're supposed to be helping me resist

I had already considered doing exactly that if he said NO..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
I would love to try even the .25 DR, but I have to get the okay from my DR first. I just know that right off the top of his head he'll say no though.. I'll have to be in tiptop shape first, and then schmooze him a little.. Wink


Just get the .15mm...there is absolutely no bleeding or anything, so there would be no such risks.



You evil woman... Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin You're supposed to be helping me resist

I had already considered doing exactly that if he said NO..... Laughing Laughing Laughing


Honestly, I wish I had started with the .15mm to begin with.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 259
Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
So I am not the only one that thinks Bethany is evil lol. Ok now I am really confused??? (what else is new Bethany??)

Two questions......the Leaf and Rusher...is this a .13 mm???

and second question does Dr. Roller have a .13 mm and if not who does and oopss THIRD QUESTION does he have a .25 mm because my chest and can't deal with the .5 mm. I think it is done!

p.s. What is really weird for me is after rolling for two weeks with the .5 other than my sensitive chest, I can't feel the needles on my face hardly at all. This gadget is the greatest gadget to come along in years.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
So I am not the only one that thinks Bethany is evil lol. Ok now I am really confused??? (what else is new Bethany??)

Two questions......the Leaf and Rusher...is this a .13 mm???

and second question does Dr. Roller have a .13 mm and if not who does and oopss THIRD QUESTION does he have a .25 mm because my chest and can't deal with the .5 mm. I think it is done!

p.s. What is really weird for me is after rolling for two weeks with the .5 other than my sensitive chest, I can't feel the needles on my face hardly at all. This gadget is the greatest gadget to come along in years.


Platinum, I have asked Jack about getting a Dr. Roller .15mm, but don't treally know if we can get them yet...they ARE making them for Leaf & Rusher though.

But we can definitely get the .25mm....PM me for the EDS discounted price.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
nakeidknits
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 163
Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm with Kassy. This whole roller thing makes my palms sweat. I'm like, how do you keep the darn thing clean? Will I bleed? Does it work? What will my DH say when he sees me aerating my face? Is it harmful long-term? Will I get scary flesh-eating bacteria?

OK, I'll stop now.

_________________
53, 302 Skincare, argan oil. Writes about stuff at nakeidknits.com.
mogulicious
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 131
Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
nakeidknits - My skin is very sensitive, reddens very easily - but truthfully, this rolling thing is not scary. I started with a 1.0 once weekly, then bought a .25 for several nights per week for product penetration. Now I have a 2.0. My husband is unaware of this, as I use the .25 after he goes to sleep, and the 1.0 and 2.0 about 2 hours before he arrives home from work, and the redness by then is already gone. Even with the 2.0, although I experience very few teeny tiny pin-pricks of blood, they leave immediately. Also, I've never used any topicals for pain.

_________________
born in 1957, fair complexion
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



glominerals Dual Essence Clutch B Kamins Nia-Stem Kx Starter Kit (4 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)