Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Gen1981

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi !

I've read that some of you here have 2 rollers. One for collagen induction (like 1.5 mm. or 2.0) and one for products penetration (.5,.15,.25mm.)

I think it's a great idea !

Do you think that it can help to have results more quickly ? For those who are using them for a few months ? Are you seeing big results ?

I don't really know what to do at this point.
I have the 1.5mm. I've done 2 rolls since I have it. But in between, I think it's a good idea to have a smaller needles one too, for product penetration, since I put cream everyday (maybe for nothing... because it doesn't penetrate very well ?).

Maybe I'll wait to see if I have results only with the 1.5mm. one and see later to buy another ?

Does some of you have before & after pictures ?

Thanks a lot Smile
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I did 4 weekly rolls with the 1.5 on my hands and thought they looked better. I kept looking at them and thinking "Wow, they are lookin good! Now I won't have to hide them so much." Then, we went on vacation, and spent a lot of time in the sun. I protected my face very well but not so good on my hands. Now,I know they were better. The thin scaly look is back Sad I'm not able to roll until next week and I just hate it. Guess I'm gonna have to start over? Mad My consolation is that at least I know it works. Roll, build collagen, get sun, destroy collagen, roll, build collagen.....

By the way, I put on spf 60 three to four times a day and I left from vacation a lot lighter then every one else.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
half of my stomach stretchmarks weren't raised like the one side so i got in the shower in warm water like the one person said & did my 2nd rolling a bit harder & longer then the first.

they are a bit raised & a bit pink and i only had a few blood spots.

do you guys think im not doing it right or im just a fast healer? or maybe its the trilastin? should i stop using that? or should i push really really hard?

i am a bit itchey,mostly on my butt,breasts & hips. im going to wait a few weeks because i hear that it takes that long to build collagen,though its gna be hard cus im very impatient lol

but if i want Real results im gna have to.if it works its worth the wait!

and i will post pics as soon as i see any results.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Bethany - I haven't really peeled, as I don't use retin-a (immediately after a big roll, I apply Clayton Shagal Collagen Gel) - but I have noticed a tiny amount of flaking that I've simply sloughed off with Ice Elements two minute miracle in the mornings. I can tell my skin is thicker, because yesterday the aesthetician did a micro-dermabrasion, which usually hurts, but this time I could barely feel it, like my skin was numb. I don't know what specifically caused the pores not to clog, but am quite happy about it! Also I think these loose jowls are beginning to firm...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I finally got my 0.5 roller. It looks pretty harmless. I planned to use it on Friday, but I've got fillers this week and I have few parties over weekend Smile , so I just decided to postpone it until next Friday.
How long it takes to heal the skin? I have party next Sunday too, so don't wanna to scare people. Laughing
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious,

I see you are using Clayton Shagal Collagen Gel. How do you like it? I was almost "forced" to get Collagen and Elastin Gel of Clayton Shagal Smile by some annoying esthetician. But I never heard about this cosmetics before, so I'm kinda skeptical. Especial about topical Collagen. Now I'm using it as conductor gel for my Facemate.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
TanyB - I've only used the Clayton Shagal Collagen with the big rolls, it's quite soothing (I ran across a great deal on it). Have not purchased the elastin, but a couple of years ago, before I purchased my Quasar SP, I was getting Dermawave LED treatments, and I recall the lady used both the collagen and elastin as conductors. I plan to try the collagen next time I use the Quasar, but am taking a break from it while doing the 2.0 rolls. Other than the soothing, I really don't know that it's doing anything else for my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Bethany - I haven't really peeled, as I don't use retin-a (immediately after a big roll, I apply Clayton Shagal Collagen Gel) - but I have noticed a tiny amount of flaking that I've simply sloughed off with Ice Elements two minute miracle in the mornings. I can tell my skin is thicker, because yesterday the aesthetician did a micro-dermabrasion, which usually hurts, but this time I could barely feel it, like my skin was numb. I don't know what specifically caused the pores not to clog, but am quite happy about it! Also I think these loose jowls are beginning to firm...

Woo Hoo on the jowls!! That sounds VERY encouraging....just what I needed to hear after my traumatic last roll. But I am not giving up...I know it's just a matter of tweaking my rolling routine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
I finally got my 0.5 roller. It looks pretty harmless. I planned to use it on Friday, but I've got fillers this week and I have few parties over weekend Smile , so I just decided to postpone it until next Friday.
How long it takes to heal the skin? I have party next Sunday too, so don't wanna to scare people. Laughing

Tanya, everyone is different, but if I rolled on a Friday night, I would NOT be able to go to a party on Sunday. However, many people can.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Well, this was my 3rd roll with the .5 mm and I barely felt it at all this time. It was also my 1st roll with the 1 mm. I started out thinking I would just use the 1 mm above my upper lips, but after rolling that area and it not being very painful, I went over my whole face with this. I hope I did not overdo it, as I used the .5 mm first and then went back over it all using the 1 mm. I applied my 302 A and C boost mixed together afterwards. My face is red, as well as a little itchy and tight feeling. I was afraid to use the 1 mm, but it really was not bad.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
TanyaB wrote:

Tanya, everyone is different, but if I rolled on a Friday night, I would NOT be able to go to a party on Sunday. However, many people can.

I must have skin like an elephant - I use my .5 roller most nights and have absolutely no down time whatsover.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Well, this was my 3rd roll with the .5 mm and I barely felt it at all this time. It was also my 1st roll with the 1 mm. I started out thinking I would just use the 1 mm above my upper lips, but after rolling that area and it not being very painful, I went over my whole face with this. I hope I did not overdo it, as I used the .5 mm first and then went back over it all using the 1 mm. I applied my 302 A and C boost mixed together afterwards. My face is red, as well as a little itchy and tight feeling. I was afraid to use the 1 mm, but it really was not bad.

Riley, did you use any numbing cream?

I am really hoping that my skin will toughen up to the point that I can roll like everyone else. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
No, Bethany, I did not use any numbing cream. I feel like Keliu, I must have elephant hide, as well! Laughing I do not have down time after the .5 mm and I don't seem to after the 1 mm either. My skin was red for a few hours, but that has gone away already.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
No, Bethany, I did not use any numbing cream. I feel like Keliu, I must have elephant hide, as well! Laughing I do not have down time after the .5 mm and I don't seem to after the 1 mm either. My skin was red for a few hours, but that has gone away already.

I am sooooo jealous!!

I did my .25mm about an hour ago, and I am still red, lol....I probably will be in the morning too! Laughing

Editing to add: Let me guess...I am also the only one that gets blood pricks with a .25mm! Hmmm...I wonder if this might be because I had 4 Fraxel treatments done a year ago and they obliterated part of my epidermis?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I hope you're not red in the morning, Bethany! Are you applying a lot of pressure when you roll, Bethany? I did read on the Nova Clinic site to use a "medium" pressure.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Oh, I hope you're not red in the morning, Bethany! Are you applying a lot of pressure when you roll, Bethany? I did read on the Nova Clinic site to use a "medium" pressure.

I would say that I am using only a medium pressure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Editing to add: Let me guess...I am also the only one that gets blood pricks with a .25mm! Hmmm...I wonder if this might be because I had 4 Fraxel treatments done a year ago and they obliterated part of my epidermis?

Bethany, I can't believe you get blood pricks with a .25. The .25 needles are barely visible to the naked eye. I don't even get blood pricks with the 1.5. Surely our skins can't be that different. Maybe the Fraxel has caused more sensitivity hmm . I've had one Thermage treatment but I know that Thermage and Fraxel aren't the same principal.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Bethany, I can't believe you get blood pricks with a .25. The .25 needles are barely visible to the naked eye. I don't even get blood pricks with the 1.5. Surely our skins can't be that different. Maybe the Fraxel has caused more sensitivity hmm . I've had one Thermage treatment but I know that Thermage and Fraxel aren't the same principal.

I had two little streams of blood run down one cheek tonight after using the .25mm, which I thought was rather crazy myself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, have you taken Aspirin recently, or anything like that, or are you on any meds/supplements at all?

I don't get blood at all, and I have a platelet disorder. I asked the Nova Clinic about that very issue, would I have blood, and they did tell me that "no, I would not have blood with any of the needles up to 1.5 mm". So, I am curious if you are taking any meds or supplements even that could be causing this.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am sooooo jealous!!

I did my .25mm about an hour ago, and I am still red, lol....I probably will be in the morning too!

bethany wrote:
I had two little streams of blood run down one cheek tonight after using the .25mm, which I thought was rather crazy myself.

Eek, Bethany, you get *streams* of blood with the .25mm!? I have pinpricks of blood with it, though I put it down to my skin acclimatising to the Retin-A I've been using the last few weeks.

Last night I did 1.5mm for the second time, and I couldn't *stand* it. I did horizontally/vertically, then stopped because my skin was stinging like crazy. The first time I was using a "cheaper" 1.5mm. This was my first try with the Dr Roller.

Don't know if I'm imagining it but I feel the Dr Roller is *sharper*. Though maybe I'm just a big baby!

Earlier I ordered some Lidocaine gel from alldaychemist, kindly mentioned in another thread. Why doesn't the UK sell any numbing cream! Confused
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
LJK - I agree that the Dr. Roller is sharper, as I have a .25 Dr. Roller, and 1.0 & 2.0 from dermarollers.us. I seem to get as much or more lingering redness from the .25 than the 2.0! But then I could be pressing a bit harder with the .25...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
LJK - I agree that the Dr. Roller is sharper, as I have a .25 Dr. Roller, and 1.0 & 2.0 from dermarollers.us. I seem to get as much or more lingering redness from the .25 than the 2.0! But then I could be pressing a bit harder with the .25...

Phew, and there's me thinking I'm being a wuss. My original 1.5mm is the same as the dermarollers.us roller! (From a US ebayer).

I'm going to wait til the Lidocaine appears before I attempt it again, I definitely had more stinging, (only did two directions with the Dr Roller).

When I rub my face I do a nice "snowing" impersonation, and it's the middle of summer Wink All for a good cause, though!

Louise

Edit: Ooops, I managed to do a duplicate post below! And another. Someone delete them please! Rolling Eyes Pressing the wrong button (searches for Dunce Cap).
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
i guess i must have elephant skin too lol, i rolled thursday & friday with my 2mm roller & i healed by morning.

Bethany- didnt you send an email to a skin doctor a few pages back,the one who said wait six weeks between rolls?

cause maybe we can ask him why we all heal so fast,and if that means we can roll more often? cause maybe our collagen rebuilds faster too.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:

It could also be that the gauge of the needles are slightly thicker than the cheaper rollers.

The Dr. Roller's also have specific needle pattern that increases the surface tension of the skin to ensure cleaner/deeper penetration.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
i guess i must have elephant skin too lol, i rolled thursday & friday with my 2mm roller & i healed by morning.

Bethany- didnt you send an email to a skin doctor a few pages back,the one who said wait six weeks between rolls?

cause maybe we can ask him why we all heal so fast,and if that means we can roll more often? cause maybe our collagen rebuilds faster too.

I wrote to the doctor in Germany who said that every 4-6 weeks was more than sufficient.

And the doctor in Miami says that he very seldom does more than one medical roll on patients - the only people requiring an additional treatment are people with sever acne scarring.

Most people here are healing faster (from a surface standpoint) because they are not traumatizing the skin as much as with a medical roll. However, I doubt that the collagen is rebuilding any faster.

The real questions for me are:

What happens when you roll too frequently with long needles? Do you run the risk of disturbing the regenerating collagen?

If you disturb the collagen regeneration, what is the impact? Will your face start to look lumpy from scar tissue generation? Will it stop the new collagen from forming?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |