Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tonight was my 3rd roll with the 1 mm roller. For the past 3 weeks I have been using hydroquinone and Retin A. Tonight, when I rolled, I did see little tiny blood spots. This was a 1st for me. Also, my face was more sensitive to the roll. It may be from the Retin A and hydroquinone combination, or I might have really pushed down hard. I do feel very "sunburned" after this roll. I again applied my 302 A-boost and C-boost product right after the roll.

Ellie213, what products are you using when you do your .75 mm daily roll?

Rileygirl,

I think the combination of the two could very well be too much. Have you tried it with just your retina A? I roll then put on my tazorac for 30 minutes then copper.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:49 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:

Interestingly, it does say:

"Side Effects"

It can cause pigmentation
(those who have a sensitive skin can experience pigmentation when Dr. Roller is pushed into the skin too deep)

I just wanted to follow this up with some documentation I saw on the Nova website tonight:

Quote:
Q: What about color changes on the skin that we may see some times.

A: Discolouration is rare and generally only a 'permanent problem' if a 2.0 or longer needle is used, I have never seen a permanent colour change, and we have been using the skinrollers in our clinic for some time. Changes in skin colour can also be because of toxins migrating to the surface and then the colour (patches) fade out as you keep rolling. Also old collegan fibres break down as you roll, and as the skin is uneven, there may look like changes in colour in patches, but this is temporary.New colour also comes to the skin naturally as you roll, as in a healthy glow as pores are cleaned out and new collegan grows, so that would be the colour you are supposed to be, as in a healthy skin tone. I wouldn't suggest you use any chemical on the colour change, just keep rolling and allow it to balance out naturally - if it ever occurs.

http://www.dermarollers.com/qa.html

Hmm, bethany. I got patches of discolored skin arive on my chest after rolling there. ( with a 1.5) I havent rolled the area since! I am nervous of rolling there and the pigmentation worsening...but after reading the above I wonder if perhaps I should give it a go.. Wink
What a dilemma! Will it help, or exacerbate?!? aaagh!

Catski, I noticed that the pigmentation on my hands worsened after rolling a couple of times....I am hoping that it is indeed transient and rolled again last night. Hopefully the Retin A and the copper peptides will help, and I REALLY hope that it is temporary and goes away!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Catski, I noticed that the pigmentation on my hands worsened after rolling a couple of times....I am hoping that it is indeed transient and rolled again last night. Hopefully the Retin A and the copper peptides will help, and I REALLY hope that it is temporary and goes away!!![/quote]

You know I started doing my hands a long time ago, so can't quite remember Rolling Eyes but I am defientely thinking they looked worse and a little darkened, before they got better...and they are now a lot, lot better.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that, Bethany and Rebecca. Maybe what I've been doing is losing my nerve, because of a setback... and I could gently begin to step back on the rolling path again..

I have some of the KH vitakombi 3. Maybe that would be a good thing to use after some rolling on this area.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:12 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Rileygirl,

I think the combination of the two could very well be too much. Have you tried it with just your retina A? I roll then put on my tazorac for 30 minutes then copper.

I have not tried just with Retin A, skincarefreak. I don't use the retin A and hydroquinone at all on the day of the roll. I am going to every other day with the hydroquinone, so I'll see how I do next week for my roll!

Meant to add that today the biggest freckle I have looks even better than it did before I rolled. Looks like it is "breaking up" in a way. That is a good thing! Also, the sunburned feeling went away last night after about 1 hour after the roll and I look normal today.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Thanks for that, Bethany and Rebecca. Maybe what I've been doing is losing my nerve, because of a setback... and I could gently begin to step back on the rolling path again..

I have some of the KH vitakombi 3. Maybe that would be a good thing to use after some rolling on this area.

Catski, I wouldn't use it for at least a couple of days after you roll.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Receives goods is very big. Thanks
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Hey all, I just purchased a .5 roller. It was, like, $68.00, so I thought that was a good price? I plan to use this one for product penetration. I wanted to get the .25 for that purpose, but they didn't have it. Rolling Eyes I figure if I go gently with the .5, it'll be fine? (I'm on my 90 day break from my 1.5 rolls, so I don't want to do anything to mess up the collagen production process)
Also, while I'm on my 1.5 break, I'm experimenting with it on a small area of spider veins on my thigh. I'll post the results in case anyone is interested. So far, I've done two rolls. The first one I felt there was a difference, but I could not be 100% sure. I'm still healing from the second one, so it's too soon to see through the redness to be sure, but I think there may be even more improvement! I hope so because I hatesclerotherapy. If this little tool can do even half the job, I'll be overjoyed! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly wrote:
Hey all, I just purchased a .5 roller. It was, like, $68.00, so I thought that was a good price? I plan to use this one for product penetration. I wanted to get the .25 for that purpose, but they didn't have it. Rolling Eyes I figure if I go gently with the .5, it'll be fine? (I'm on my 90 day break from my 1.5 rolls, so I don't want to do anything to mess up the collagen production process)

Tiger, I'm not sure where you bought your roller, but should you need to buy anymore, we have a thread called Discounted Dermarollers with EDS discounts and sale/coupon codes.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392&start=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
catski wrote:

Bethany, you think it might be de trop?
What do you think might be a good thing to use after rolling there, given the situation..hmm..dont want to soothe it, as that would negate the rolling, but need to tread gently..something very neutral, just to hydrate, maybe. I have some Olay definity serum which has niacin in as the active, but is also very nicely hydrating.Maybe that'd do the job.
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany"]
Tigerlilly wrote:

Tiger, I'm not sure where you bought your roller, but should you need to buy anymore, we have a thread called Discounted Dermarollers with EDS discounts and sale/coupon codes.

Oh, cool! I guess I overpaid then Rolling Eyes . Well, I definitely will be buying more of these little torture devices for my skincare chamber of horrors in the future, so I very much appreciate you pointing out the discount dermaroller thread. Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
bethany wrote:
catski wrote:

Bethany, you think it might be de trop?
What do you think might be a good thing to use after rolling there, given the situation..hmm..dont want to soothe it, as that would negate the rolling, but need to tread gently..something very neutral, just to hydrate, maybe. I have some Olay definity serum which has niacin in as the active, but is also very nicely hydrating.Maybe that'd do the job.

Definitely de trop...it is some powerful stuff. Plus I read something recently about HP not being good for fibroplasts, and fibroplasts are generated during the wound healing process. (but I think the VK3 would be fine later)

I just use CPs and squalane right after rolling on my chest...the next day I use C and A.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly wrote:
Oh, cool! I guess I overpaid then Rolling Eyes . Well, I definitely will be buying more of these little torture devices for my skincare chamber of horrors in the future, so I very much appreciate you pointing out the discount dermaroller thread. Thanks!

Don't feel bad....I just paid $118 (full price) for the L&R .15mm that I bought directly from them, because I forgot that EDS carried it. Embarassed I could have saved 15%, darn it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I got my 3-pack of rollers fromwww.dermaroller.us yesterday. I choose: .25mm., .5mm, and 1.5mm. Previously I've used the original Leaf & Rusher .15mm.

I just rolled with the .25mm and I definitely feel the difference in length! I had raw honey on my face - just because I already had it on my face as a moisturizing mask and decided to keep it on for the roll as it is a natural antibacterial, etc.

I'll have to wait and see how long I "feel it" cause usually even with the .15mm roller, my skin has a "sunburny" type feel to it for 24 hours -- guess Bethany and I are sensitive girls Embarassed when it comes to the rollers.

Luna, I would not recommend using honey with a .5mm roller or above....it is an anti-inflammatory, and may impede any collagen development.

BTW, I did a VERY intense roll with my 1.0mm last night, compliments of my new numbing combo...Climax Spray and wine on an empty stomach. Today I look very swollen, very sunburned (which is viewed as acceptable here in FL, lol), and bruised under my eyes from the 3Line. (have I mentioned that I LOVE my 3Line??)

I got some weird looks at the grocery store...probably due to the bruising and the significant contrast between my ultra red face/neck/chest and my ultra white arms. Laughing

5% products discount

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tigerlilly wrote:

Don't feel bad....I just paid $118 (full price) for the L&R .15mm that I bought directly from them, because I forgot that EDS carried it. Embarassed I could have saved 15%, darn it!!

Ok, I won't feel too bad...I probably could cancel my order and get the cheaper price, but my lust for these tools is too great to delay the process of me getting my mitts on them one day longer...I know, I need therapy... Wink
Anywho, the .5 should be ok for product penetration purposes if I go easy, right? I think so.
I plan to buy a 2.0 or greater down the line for cellulite (I don't have that much, but ANY is too much for me).
Speaking of which, the cellulite creams that contain aminophyline are the only ones that have even an ounce of scientific evidence that they MAY actually work, but my understanding is there is a problen with penetration. I'm thinking about using the dermaroller with this product and retinol. If I decide to actually do this, I will post my results, but I'll probably chicken out...I'm not sure I have the courage to be that much of a lab rat! Confused
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Luna, I would not recommend using honey with a .5mm roller or above....it is an anti-inflammatory, and may impede any collagen development.

Well I only used the honey with the .25mm. I already had it on my face as a moisturizing mask. I rolled and then rinsed off the honey and put on my topical.

But you're bursting my bubble. I was thinking honey was such a good idea for use with the longer one as an antibacterial....

Now you've scared me about the 3-line rollers - bruising?!? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
bethany wrote:

Well I only used the honey with the .25mm. I already had it on my face as a moisturizing mask. I rolled and then rinsed off the honey and put on my topical.

But you're bursting my bubble. I was thinking honey was such a good idea for use with the longer one as an antibacterial....

Now you've scared me about the 3-line rollers - bruising?!? Shock

I get bruising from the regular roller too if I do an intense roll...it's not just the 3Line.

Here's a pic at about 40 hours after I rolled Saturday night...you can see that my skin is very dry (pre-peel), my eyes are still swollen (in part due to the Diet Coke I drank, sigh) and there are fading bruises under each eye.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Not so bad but wondering what you looked like earlier Smile

BTW, your eyelashes look long and luscious. Are you using anything to help them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Not so bad but wondering what you looked like earlier Smile

BTW, your eyelashes look long and luscious. Are you using anything to help them?

It never looked much worse than that...and it will be completely gone in about 2 more days.

Actually, my eyelashes look horrid at the moment...I was using Revitalash and they looked AWESOME, but I slacked off and they fell out. Crying or Very sad Now I am back to using the Revitalash daily again (the 2007 formula).

5% products discount

Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
"my eyes are still swollen (in part due to the Diet Coke I drank"

Diet Coke causes swelling? I drink six a day.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Actually, my eyelashes look horrid at the moment...I was using Revitalash and they looked AWESOME, but I slacked off and they fell out. Crying or Very sad Now I am back to using the Revitalash daily again (the 2007 formula).

Bethany, your eyelashes still look pretty good to me Razz

Maybe I'm crazy (well, actually I know that Laughing ) but I am already seeing a difference in my fine lines and thickness of my skin with using the .25mm dermaroller with topicals: alternating .025% retin-A; Leaf & Rusher Active Serum [2% retinol, 2% ester C]; GHK serum.

So tonite, I just rolled with the .5mm (yowza - hard to do on neck - super sharp pins!) and put on some GHK serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Face4ward wrote:
"my eyes are still swollen (in part due to the Diet Coke I drank"

Diet Coke causes swelling? I drink six a day.

I have a sensitivity to sodium....if I drink Diet Coke, I am guaranteed to have enough baggage under my eyes the next morning to fill a 747 cargo hold. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy (well, actually I know that Laughing ) but I am already seeing a difference in my fine lines and thickness of my skin with using the .25mm dermaroller with topicals: alternating .025% retin-A; Leaf & Rusher Active Serum [2% retinol, 2% ester C]; GHK serum.

So tonite, I just rolled with the .5mm (yowza - hard to do on neck - super sharp pins!) and put on some GHK serum.

I was actually shocked to see a complete line eliminated from my forehead (there used to be 3...now there are 2). Shock

I am going to do 1 or 2 more 1.0mm rolls, and then I am taking 3 months off and only using my .15mm a few times a week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Thought I'd share this. I rolled my spider veins with the 1mm roller daily for a week and a half. Didn't want to do anymore incase it messed up the collagen on my legs. It was very red looking on the patches I rolled for another 2 weeks. Anyway the redness has settled down now, but unfortunately the veins look the same as before. Sad Anyone else tried rolling their leg veins? Any success stories? And if so how long did you roll, in terms of days?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Thought I'd share this. I rolled my spider veins with the 1mm roller daily for a week and a half. Didn't want to do anymore incase it messed up the collagen on my legs. It was very red looking on the patches I rolled for another 2 weeks. Anyway the redness has settled down now, but unfortunately the veins look the same as before. Sad Anyone else tried rolling their leg veins? Any success stories? And if so how long did you roll, in terms of days?

I tried rolling mine - but also gave up as I wasn't seeing any results. I used a 1.5 roller, but I could see that this length wasn't reaching the veins to disperse the blood. Maybe better results would be achieved with a longer roller. I have seen improvement to broken caps on my face but I actually think this is due to the skin thickening and not to the veins dispersing.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |