Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
do you use the 302 line and retin-a?

Just curious!

thx
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
Bethany,
do you use the 302 line and retin-a?

Just curious!

thx

Yyes, I use both...after lots of emails with Dr. Huber since Retin A is an acid. PM me for more details on that.

As far as a shorter roller is concerned, I would recommend the Leaf & Rusher .15mm which they sell here on EDS..it is actually made bt Dr. Roller, but we can't get it through Jack any cheaper, darn it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/leaf-rusher-txroller-derm-p_9240.htm

The other option is a .25mm roller which is a little longer, but MUCH cheaper (at least for the Dr, Roller version)....I'll PM you with the EDS price since it is too low for me to post online (per Jack's request).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
I have been rolling about 1x a week with the .5 for now...
the 1.0 has really started to thicken up my thin hand skin, which is great!
But hyperpigmentation on face seems to be getting worse.
I am not doing anything really, after the roll..except maybe vitamin a/d ointment later on if it's really raw..
Smile

Hi manda, this ointment is 53% petrolatum + 15% lanolin, and *could* possibly be the worst thing to apply after a roll, especially on "raw" skin.. It will totally occlude your pores.... Shock

Here is the warning on that product:

WARNINGS:

For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If condition worsens, or does not improve within 7 days, consult a doctor. Not to be applied over deep or puncture wounds, infections or lacerations. Consult a doctor. Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately.

From following this thread, I was under the assumption it was best to just let the skin rest and heal after a roll, and only apply a nourishing serum.... Please forgive me if I have that wrong.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
thanks a lot..
I only used it bc Dr in past recommended it if retin-a became too irritating..
Another good one is Aquaphor..
Keep in mind..this is only if it's really bad..
However, it seems to help if that is the case.
Thanks so much for the advice though! Smile
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
After one single day of putting nothing on my face and doing nothing to it, I swear my face feels tight and looks smooth this morning. (The spots are still there.) I hope my face doesn't look like a balloon that lost some of its air after all the healing is finished in two weeks.

I'm probably crazy. I'm planning to start all over again the right way (thanks, bethany) in two weeks. That's after swearing I would never do another thing.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
China, sometimes we all have to learn lessons the hard way. And when you are dealing with skin, patience is definitely a virtue!

My recent lesson is to NOT buy every freaking thing in a skin care line until you know for sure that the core product will work for you. It didn't in my case, and I ended up with a bunch of barely used product that I can't use. Embarassed Fortunately I have friends that are using it, and I am shipping it out to them, so it's not a total waste. But patience would have saved me some $$$ in this case! Rolling Eyes

BTW, I used to go to a dermatologist who said that "Skin is the Gift Wrap of Life." It sounds a bit corny, but it is true in many ways...especially when you look at how fragile both wrapping papers and skin really are!

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

So I have been following this thread and finally got a .5 and a 1.5 dermaroller from Nova Clinic. A few weeks ago I did the .5 on my face and the 1.5 on my hands, arms, and some stretch marks on my hips. The reddness was gone the next day, for the most part.

Last night I got ambitious and thought I would just jump in and do it all with the 1.5. My face started bleeding immediately! Honestly, I looked like the gory pictures in some of the literature. But as someone once said here my vanity was greater than my concern, so I just did one area at a time, rinsed off the blood on my face and roller, and then kept going. I had the popping sensation the whole time. Near the end, it almost felt like the needles were getting stuck or dragging a little.

I was surprised by the amount of blood and the getting stuck/dragging. Could I have dulled the needles with just the one prior use? As far as I know I don't have any blood issues. I hadn't taken any ibuprofen or vit. e. I did have one non-alcoholic beer the night before which I know as a tiny bit of alcohol. Has anybody else had a lot of bleeding? Or bled way more the second time? With my arms, I bled more and the needle length was the same as before. Any else had needles get sort of "stuck"?

Today, I naturally have a very red face and lots and lots of track marks. Not as bad on my hands and arms though worse than the time before, in which I hardly bled or got red at all. Now I have to figure out what I'll do tonight for make up - my boyfriend would be horrified to see me now. Any suggestions? Man I hope this will be worth it.

Also next time if there is one, I will definitely use a numbing cream or ice. I just plunged right in and barely made it near the end. I hope this fades and works because the science seems right and I did sickly enjoy some of it.

Also - for anyone using matrixyl 3000 - are you using is straight or? I had wanted to add that to an oil but I understand that will require an emulsifer, I have no idea which one or how much.

Thanks everyone, Happy 4th!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Dot wrote:
Hi everyone,

So I have been following this thread and finally got a .5 and a 1.5 dermaroller from Nova Clinic. A few weeks ago I did the .5 on my face and the 1.5 on my hands, arms, and some stretch marks on my hips. The reddness was gone the next day, for the most part.

Last night I got ambitious and thought I would just jump in and do it all with the 1.5. My face started bleeding immediately! Honestly, I looked like the gory pictures in some of the literature. But as someone once said here my vanity was greater than my concern, so I just did one area at a time, rinsed off the blood on my face and roller, and then kept going. I had the popping sensation the whole time. Near the end, it almost felt like the needles were getting stuck or dragging a little.

I was surprised by the amount of blood and the getting stuck/dragging. Could I have dulled the needles with just the one prior use? As far as I know I don't have any blood issues. I hadn't taken any ibuprofen or vit. e. I did have one non-alcoholic beer the night before which I know as a tiny bit of alcohol. Has anybody else had a lot of bleeding? Or bled way more the second time? With my arms, I bled more and the needle length was the same as before. Any else had needles get sort of "stuck"?

Today, I naturally have a very red face and lots and lots of track marks. Not as bad on my hands and arms though worse than the time before, in which I hardly bled or got red at all. Now I have to figure out what I'll do tonight for make up - my boyfriend would be horrified to see me now. Any suggestions? Man I hope this will be worth it.

Also next time if there is one, I will definitely use a numbing cream or ice. I just plunged right in and barely made it near the end. I hope this fades and works because the science seems right and I did sickly enjoy some of it.

Also - for anyone using matrixyl 3000 - are you using is straight or? I had wanted to add that to an oil but I understand that will require an emulsifer, I have no idea which one or how much.

Dot,

I do think it hurts and bleeds more at some times than others (could be near that time of the month?). I don't know about dragging though? Make sure you don't have a bent needle.

You will heel up fine. Be patient and you will sure see the results.

I have been using matrixyl (straight) after my rolls for the past 4 weeks. I cannot say if it is the DR or the Matrixyl, but wow, my skin is so plumped. Even my cheek bones look higher, tighter, and firmer!!!! Unbeleivable.

My hands and arms rarely bleed at all, neither does my chest, yet the skin is thinner there???

HTH

rebecca

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rebecca! I'm heading for the matrixyl 3000 right now... Smile It's not really near that time of the month, so who knows. I'll be sure to report on my progress. Thanks again!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
Dot wrote:
Hi everyone,

Dot,

I do think it hurts and bleeds more at some times than others (could be near that time of the month?). I don't know about dragging though? Make sure you don't have a bent needle.

You will heel up fine. Be patient and you will sure see the results.

I have been using matrixyl (straight) after my rolls for the past 4 weeks. I cannot say if it is the DR or the Matrixyl, but wow, my skin is so plumped. Even my cheek bones look higher, tighter, and firmer!!!! Unbeleivable.

My hands and arms rarely bleed at all, neither does my chest, yet the skin is thinner there???

HTH

rebecca

Hi There,

I was just curious to see which matrixyl product you use? Is it matrixyl 3000 or matrixyl? Thanks.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi There,

I was just curious to see which matrixyl product you use? Is it matrixyl 3000 or matrixyl? Thanks.

It is just a matrixyl 10% serum I buy on ebay (australia) I have used this sellers products for years and always found them good.

Here is the link for extra info

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160240205294

HTH

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi There,

It is just a matrixyl 10% serum I buy on ebay (australia) I have used this sellers products for years and always found them good.

Here is the link for extra info

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160240205294

HTH

rebecca

Thank you!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I did my second roll with the 1.5mm on my face,neck,chest,arms and hands a few days ago. All is fine except my chest, which is still angry red and has little lumps/pustules on it that has a watery substance in them. Shock Very itchy too. Wasn't as bad as this after the first roll. Maybe I should leave my chest for 3 or 4 weeks. Any ideas? Thanks.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I did my second roll with the 1.5mm on my face,neck,chest,arms and hands a few days ago. All is fine except my chest, which is still angry red and has little lumps/pustules on it that has a watery substance in them. Shock Very itchy too. Wasn't as bad as this after the first roll. Maybe I should leave my chest for 3 or 4 weeks. Any ideas? Thanks.

My chest used to overreact too! I think I did give it a break for a while...now I can roll it and it still goes very red, but settles down quickly. I rolled it intensely last night, and it is normal today. So, I reckon give it a bit of a break, but it doesn't sound like you should worry......

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

Did you use any products after the roll?

I had a similar chest reaction after an intense roll, and I made it even worse by applying Retin-A right after the roll....it took 2 weeks to clear up. Sad

I would definitely give your chest some time off, and if the itching becomes unbearable, break out the hydrocortisone...it is not good for collagen development, but it is better than tearing holes in your chest!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies Rebecca and Bethany, I will give it a break and then start back up there again later. I used retin A there also, but I left it for 20 minutes after I'd finished the roll and washed the area so the holes would be closed and the area would be complely dry.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Thanks for the replies Rebecca and Bethany, I will give it a break and then start back up there again later. I used retin A there also, but I left it for 20 minutes after I'd finished the roll and washed the area so the holes would be closed and the area would be complely dry.

I have found that I am better off using Retin-A on my chest a few days after I roll...it is just too sensitive for any sooner than that. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I would like to know if anyone tried creams or lotions containing Tepezcohuite. I've been reading a lot about it and I think it might help with scar reduction and healing when using a skinroller. Here is some information and please let me know what you think.

http://www.lavigneorganics.com/tepez.html

There is different products containing this plant it's offered on ebay but also on a website called herbs of mexico for much lower prices. Anyone tried it? is it worth to try?
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Dot, I have rolled 6 times with the 1.5 and have never had anything like what you're talking about! I wonder though if you will have greater results because of all the wounding and healing that's going on. You are so brave. I had blood spots every time I rolled but nothing that dripped down my face. Embarassed Please keep us informed of your progress and good luck!

Quote:
I would like to know if anyone tried creams or lotions containing Tepezcohuite. I've been reading a lot about it and I think it might help with scar reduction and healing when using a skinroller. Here is some information and please let me know what you think.

There is different products containing this plant it's offered on ebay but also on a website called herbs of mexico for much lower prices. Anyone tried it? is it worth to try?

I have no clue but I'm sure someone here will. Very Happy
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
mimiek wrote:

I have a sample of Tepezcohuite from Stan on EDS (the "microdermabrasion" cloth and sponge guy). It is a black tar-like substance with a grainy texture. It has a very distinctive smell (not necessarily bad - just strong). I haven't really used it yet other than to put a tiny bit on to feel the texture.

I wouldn't use this product post rolling as it would go against the idea of rolling to form collagen. That's why emu oil right afterward is not recommended as well. You are not trying to soothe your skin after a longer needle roll but instead are trying to "force" the skin to bring all it's might to forming new collagen (from the Vit. C you have used externally in the time previous to the roll; the Vit. C you are taking internally, etc.).

BTW, I have never heard of anyone getting scars from the dermaroller. I wasn't sure if you were referring to marks made by the dermaroller or the use of dermarollers to reduce already existing scars. The longer needle dermarollers are being used to reduce scars by breaking them up and forcing the skin to produce new collagen there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
mimiek wrote:

I have a sample of Tepezcohuite from Stan on EDS (the "microdermabrasion" cloth and sponge guy). It is a black tar-like substance with a grainy texture. It has a very distinctive smell (not necessarily bad - just strong). I haven't really used it yet other than to put a tiny bit on to feel the texture.

I wouldn't use this product post rolling as it would go against the idea of rolling to form collagen. That's why emu oil right afterward is not recommended as well. You are not trying to soothe your skin after a longer needle roll but instead are trying to "force" the skin to bring all it's might to forming new collagen (from the Vit. C you have used externally in the time previous to the roll; the Vit. C you are taking internally, etc.).

BTW, I have never heard of anyone getting scars from the dermaroller. I wasn't sure if you were referring to marks made by the dermaroller or the use of dermarollers to reduce already existing scars. The longer needle dermarollers are being used to reduce scars by breaking them up and forcing the skin to produce new collagen there.

Thanks for the information @)- I was talking about scars in general. I tried 1,5 and 2,0 skinrollers without any problems (just some swelling and a mild peeling few days after). Right now I'm not using any actives on the treated areas and I wait at least 3 weeks between each roll. BTW the website I posted claims the following about tepezcohuite:
*Guard against the signs of aging
*Promote the creation of new skin cells
*Stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to improve skin's elasticity
*Protect Vitamin P (a cellular regenerator) and hyaluronic acid
*Regenerate deep soft tissue and hair follicles
*Heal serious burns and skin blemishes
*Treat Psoriasis and Herpes I & II
* Minimize scarring

I thought that it will improve the result of rolling if used like vitamin C.
Dot

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bodiukein"]Dot, I have rolled 6 times with the 1.5 and have never had anything like what you're talking about! I wonder though if you will have greater results because of all the wounding and healing that's going on. You are so brave. I had blood spots every time I rolled but nothing that dripped down my face. Embarassed Please keep us informed of your progress and good luck!

Well,today is much better - several red spots from where needles when in deep,track marks, some bruising on one cheek but I can cover it up with powdered make up. I'm very relieved. I don't know if I'll get better results from it being so brutal - especially since I panicked and did put on soothing emu oil and a soothing essential oil combination I made up (helichrysum, german chamomile, calendula in jojoba base). The idea of leaving the skin so aggravated and not soothing it - at least a little - is hard for me to accept. Maybe I'll still get results but slower.

It's really fascinating to hear about how differently everyone reacts. Oh, I also thought that I might have had more of a reaction because my face is very thin, not much fat (if I could afford it I'd change that...) but that means skin is closer to bone in many places, no cushioning at all.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Dot wrote:
It's really fascinating to hear about how differently everyone reacts. Oh, I also thought that I might have had more of a reaction because my face is very thin, not much fat (if I could afford it I'd change that...) but that means skin is closer to bone in many places, no cushioning at all.

Dot, we really do all respond differently, and you just have to work out what is best for you.

I use squalane and CP's about an hour after I roll, and then use emu oil about 24 hours after that (which is definitely very soothing). I then use the emu oil (plus Vit C or Vit A) about 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days after a roll. I seem to have more sensitive skin than many, and that lowers some of the redness and swelling faster for me. I typically roll on a Saturday, and don't look completely normal until Tuesday or Wednesday. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

Oops Embarassed, I'm sure most people know I mean Stan from EBay not EDS Very Happy

Stan
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthankyoustan
His wife - she often lists better deals Wink
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZyummysweetz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Luna, I knew exactly who you meant, and didn't even notice the typo! But I didn't know that his wife had separate listings!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |