Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tigerlilly
5% products discount

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
About Elastica(TM)

As we age, our bodies produce less and less Elastin. As a result, fine lines, sagging and wrinkles occur in our skin. Elastica(TM) contains a patented active ingredient that enhances the quality of skin dermal fibroblasts, the connective tissue cells that are so important for maintaining youthful-looking skin. The active ingredient is a group of small peptides (compounds containing two or more amino acids), co-invented by Drs. Sandberg and Roos and coined Hydrophilic Elastin Peptides, or HEP™ for short. Some of the peptides in the mix have hormonal activity toward skin cells, which causes a chain of events that results in the deposit of new elastic fibers in the skin, thus enhancing the skin's natural elasticity.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_pwwi/is_200405/ai_mark1823676800

The skin will generate it's own fibroplasts as part of the wound healing cascade from the rolling.

I would personally stick with what the experts recommend....Vit A and oil soluble Vit C - this will fuel both the generation of fibroplasts and collagen.

Keep in mind that these doctors have probably tested lots of stuff, and this is what they use on their patients to get the best results. I decide to give up the CPs after rolling...Fernandes doesn't use them, and he is the expert...so I chunked them![/quote]

Yeah, I guess I'll stick with what the experts do. Do you or does anyone know if it matters so much what form of vitamin A one uses throughout the rolling process and/or what strength? I HATE retinols-all of them. They really irritate my skin so badly. I know derms say that it goes away after a few months, but a few months of flaking, redness irritation, flaming red broken caps is just not tolerable for me. However, I've noticed that the vitamin E cream I use has a small amount of some form of Vitamin A, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I'm wondering (hoping) if that's at all beneficial or better than not using any Vitamin A?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Tigerlilly wrote:
Yeah, I guess I'll stick with what the experts do. Do you or does anyone know if it matters so much what form of vitamin A one uses throughout the rolling process and/or what strength? I HATE retinols-all of them. They really irritate my skin so badly. I know derms say that it goes away after a few months, but a few months of flaking, redness irritation, flaming red broken caps is just not tolerable for me. However, I've noticed that the vitamin E cream I use has a small amount of some form of Vitamin A, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I'm wondering (hoping) if that's at all beneficial or better than not using any Vitamin A?

High levels of Vit A are required to create collagen and fibroplasts...that's why they recommend that you pre-treat any area to be rolled with Vit A for weeks/months prior to the roll.

If you are getting red/flaky, etc. then stop using the product so frequently...I typically use Retin 1-2x a week, and just now bumped up to 3x.

Even retinol versions cause me to get irritated...I can only use those every other day at most.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I would throw in here, that although I have been an avid user of Retin A in the past, I have not used it since I started rolling 6 mths ago. My results are still fantastic and I have definitely seen collagen growth. I do use matrixyl and Vit C though.

I tend to be one of the people who trys to "feel" what is the right thing for their skin and Retin A suddenly didn't "feel" right anymore!!!!!!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds wonderful Rebecca !!!
Now,do you roll and then apply the VitC and Matrixyl or wait?
And what roller are you using .25,1.0,etc ?
thanks for your info Smile
OzGal

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Been a while and was catching up on what is happening and all the great advice from you all.

I'm not sure who said that emu oil is a pusher, but does anyone know if rosehip oil is also a pusher.

Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
OzGal Smile
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Rebecca what vitamin c product do you use? I've only been using retin a .05% about 20 minutes after a roll. Sounds like I should get a vit c too. Would I use them straight after each other or one before and one after the roll? Any ideas?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Skin care addict....I used to dilute my Vit C with a little HA and use that directly after a roll....now I use Matrixyl. I then use them alternating nights and use my Remergent DNA Repair in the AM.

All this talk about Retin a has got me thinking I might trial some again perhaps on my forehead, where I get minimal irritation....

Michey...I use skin doctors Vit C now, but in the past was making my own...might go back to that I reckon....There is reason to not apply Retin A and Vit C together (but I can't remember what it is??) you need to space them out.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:04 am      Reply with quote
There is reason to not apply Retin A and Vit C together (but I can't remember what it is??) you need to space them out.

rebecca[/quote]

Really? I know you need to space out vit c and cp's, don't recall anything about retin a though.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
There is reason to not apply Retin A and Vit C together (but I can't remember what it is??) you need to space them out.

rebecca

Really? I know you need to space out vit c and cp's, don't recall anything about retin a though.[/quote]

I know you have to space out Retinols and AHAs, but I haven't heard anything about Vit C either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
There is no reason not to use A and C together. These 2 ingredients are combined in a lot of products!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
There is no reason not to use A and C together. These 2 ingredients are combined in a lot of products!

The old skin care board (YTF sensational skin) was on, it was kind of a mantra to seperate your A and C. A at night C in the morning, or at least wait an hour. When I have time, I will see if I can find out why.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have just spent a few days reading this ENTIRE thread! So nice there are so many of you that will contribute to this and make it so educational.

I am very intrigued by these rollers and may be interested in joining the ranks.

If I can offer any insite to a couple of recent posts - let me provide a little of my (slight) knowledge.

Re: Retin A and Vit C applied separately. It is the Vit C and Copper Peptides that need to be applied on opposite ends of the day. The copper will inactivate the Vit C. Retin A and Vit C (L-absorbic) are both acids and may cause irritation if applied at the same time (layered). A wait might be better here IMO. I'm not sure, so someone else might add to this.

Ozgal - Emu Oil is a pusher of products if you apply it after them. The lipids in Emu Oil are readily accepted by human skin and will sink in right away, so it will help other products go deeper. I'm not sure if RoseHip is as readily accepted like emu, tho.

As far as being on the fence about the rollers. I've suffered from adult acne for a long time and only used acne products, but just in the last few years have I started to use anything for aging. I've used a retinoid on and off for at least 15 years, plus benzoyl peroxide products (which I believe caused more harm than good - another topic sometime). Last year I started using a BHA w/ my Tazorac and saw some clearing of my skin. This year I started using CPs. I've seen such great improvements w/ the CPs (on them for 4 mos now) in elimination of clogged pores, shrinking of larger pores, tightening of skin (esp eyes) and improved textures.

Now, after reading this thread, I think that adding the roller to my current routine will really spike things up! I would like to see more tightening of my skin (jowls were getting better w/ CPs, but could still improve)and get those eyelids better yet. The CPs and the Roller might just be the ticket for me.

Phew! And I had once considered peels or lazers (and even a facelift!) Yikes! So glad I didnt' go there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I have just spent a few days reading this ENTIRE thread! So nice there are so many of you that will contribute to this and make it so educational.

I am very intrigued by these rollers and may be interested in joining the ranks.

Hi Foxe - Kudos to you for taking the time to read the whole thing!!

I know you are probably pretty overwhelmed, but you might want to also read the first couple of Dermarolling Articles on this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860

And here is the link to the Discounted Dermarollers for EDS members thread:

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Ok ladies, I really need some help.

While I have had really good result with the DR on my face and hands, I have had less good results on my chest. I would now really like to target my chest and back where I have moderate/severe pigmentation, left over from sundamage that has been somewhat treated by IPL

I have already rolled my chest many times and my back twice. Where I think I have fallen down is my lack of topicals...b/c these are big areas I am treating, I need a cost effective topical to speed up pigmentation removal. I am thinking of making my own Vit C serum which I have done before. I am wondering specifically if there is significant benefit to be gained from making a anhydrous vit C combination or would it do to just use ascorbic acid as irritation does not seem to be an issue. Would a combination of the c's possibily yeild a better result on body areas?

Please help, I've managed to get myself very confused!!!!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
foxe wrote:

Hi Foxe - Kudos to you for taking the time to read the whole thing!!

I know you are probably pretty overwhelmed, but you might want to also read the first couple of Dermarolling Articles on this thread:

And here is the link to the Discounted Dermarollers for EDS members thread:

Hi Bethany - thanks for the links. You've been absolutely wonderful w/ all the info you provide here. If that first link you have is anything all all like this one in length - I don't know if I'll get around to reading it.

I already checked out the discouted dermaroller link and see that a lot of you buy from backstrecords. I might get the 1.5mm from him. But how do I get a smaller one - say a .15 or .25?

In addition to the things I mentioned above, I do have some upper lip lines I want to target and it sounds like the 1.5mm will work there. I have been using L2K for over a year and saw some improvement w/ the lines. I also some more improvement w/ the CPs, but I think the roller will really knock 'em down for me.

I actually experimented w/ a needle on a couple of the lines (after reading about the roller on Skin Bio) and one of them is disappearing! I only did the subcision once and continued applying CPs on a daily basis and the wrinkle has filled in - in less than 3 weeks. It is flat! I can see a faint redness, but it is definitely flat. The other wrinkle looks better, but I didn't 'hit it' as hard w/ the needle as compared to the other wrinkle. (Go as deep) Come on now, it does hurt! But, whoohoo! I believe the roller will get rid of these lines for me, so now I need to do some shopping.

Can you tell me about the smaller rollers - where to get them? I'll get the 1.5 from ebay.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I already checked out the discouted dermaroller link and see that a lot of you buy from backstrecords. I might get the 1.5mm from him. But how do I get a smaller one - say a .15 or .25?

Can you tell me about the smaller rollers - where to get them? I'll get the 1.5 from ebay.

Foxe, Backstrecords' (Jack) prices are lower than ebay if you buy from him directly and use your EDS discount. He will also combine shipping for you.

We're not allowed to post the price of the .25mm online because it is cheaper that the manufacturer likes to see posted. I'll PM you with the price.

BTW, .15mm Dr. Rollers are only available through Leaf & Rusher for $118. However, EDS does sell them and you can apply your forum discount.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
foxe, please keep us posted on your lip lines. I, too, used L2K with great results, but that really did not do too much for my vertical lip lines. I am hoping to at least improve them with the roller. So, I am very interested in your process! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
I need a cost effective topical to speed up pigmentation removal. I am thinking of making my own Vit C serum which I have done before. I am wondering specifically if there is significant benefit to be gained from making a anhydrous vit C combination or would it do to just use ascorbic acid as irritation does not seem to be an issue. Would a combination of the c's possibily yeild a better result on body areas?

rebecca

If ascorbic acid is the cheapest, I would go with that, but not apply for 24 hours after a roll.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:
I need a cost effective topical to speed up pigmentation removal. I am thinking of making my own Vit C serum which I have done before. I am wondering specifically if there is significant benefit to be gained from making a anhydrous vit C combination or would it do to just use ascorbic acid as irritation does not seem to be an issue. Would a combination of the c's possibily yeild a better result on body areas?

rebecca

If ascorbic acid is the cheapest, I would go with that, but not apply for 24 hours after a roll.

Thanks Bethany!

It is by far the cheapest...so I was thinking the same thing.....why wait 24 hours though? Irritation?

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
bethany wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:

rebecca

Thanks Bethany!

It is by far the cheapest...so I was thinking the same thing.....why wait 24 hours though? Irritation?

rebecca

I was just thinking from an irritation standpoint, as well as Fernandes' methodology.

We know that Fernandes specifically says NO ascorbic acid, we don't know if that is due soley to stinging, or due to other reasons.

However, there are a number of studies where they talk about using 10% Vit C in the form of ascorbic acid to assist with granulation of new skin during large wounds, etc. so it looks like it can't be that bad!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bethany,

I'm glad to have someone who can make sense of some of this stuff better than me.

I actually think I will apply it straight after rolls though........

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone who has used more than 2 brands of rollers comment on their quality. I'm about to make my third purchase and I'd like to hear about different construction particularly on how the ends are fastened and how many rolls you got before the needles got bent.
Thanks.
PS I know the info is likely mostly here but the poat is so long I can't find it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sharky - I just finished reading this whole thread and someone mentioned the Dr. Roller was better of 2 they had tried. That's the one I want to go with (haven't bought mine yet)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had success eliminating (or diminishing) the N/L folds?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Has anyone had success eliminating (or diminishing) the N/L folds?

Yes! I really only have a crease on one side (for some reason!!!???) and have rolled that aggressively. It is not gone, but it is softened to the point that mostly I cannot see it. I really believe I'll be able to get rid of it (and then my sides will match!!!).

rebecca

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |