Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Day 3 update on my roll....

...I started peeling WAY more than usual on Day 2, and I suspect that it is because I did the Retin A Mask a week ago, and never really peeled from that at all.

I also noticed that peeling in the areas that I spot treated with the 3Line roller was more significant...like the wrinkles on my neck.

My redness is starting to decrease, and I attribute that to the tamanu and emu oil - both are anti-inflammatories. I start using the emu oil 24 hours after the roll, and add in the tamanu after 48 hours...I wait a bit for that one because it stings, even after 24 hours. Shock

Ugh...Day 3 is drawing to a close, and the hives have started appearing on my chest. Mad Mad Mad I didn't even use Retin A there, darn it.

I hate to use hydrocortisone because it actually suppresses skin remodeling, but I am going to have to break it out before bed. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Day 4 post-roll...

The redness is sowewhat fading on my face, my arms look normal now, and the elephant-flesh look is now appearing on my hands as the inflammation recedes.

I still have hives on my chest and am wearing a coating of hydrocortisone there, but I have returned to using my regular ZO products on my face and neck.

It's a good thing I am not doing this any more frequently than every 4-6 weeks now....I really do NOT enjoy it! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
... or maybe i can just try Foxe's method with a thin sewing needle? Am I a glutton for punishment? Very Happy

That thin needle worked for me once before. Hoping it will again - but it's just been a week so far.

Speaking of a glutton - I definitely heard that popping sound Brittany spoke about when I used subscision.

I both heard the popping sound, and *felt* the resistance... I was really squeamish about puncturing my face Neutral But it reassured me that I was getting through the skin. I was so numb from the Emla, I wouldn't have known otherwise!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
While I feel pretty strongly that I do not want to roll my entire face more often than every 4-6 weeks, I am going to take a slightly more aggressive stance on my trouble spots.

I decided that if I am in the mood to roll (which doesn't come around that often, lol) I am going to roll JUST the lines with the 3Line roller and see if I can't expedite their departure. I did roll for 6 weeks in a row previously and it didn't kill me, so I may sneak in a few more just on the wrinkles.

Update:

I just sprayed down my wrinkles with the Climax Spray and started the wine intake. But just the smell of the Climax Spray was enough to make my stomach queasy, so my goal of targeting wrinkles more often may just be a fantasy. Rolling Eyes

The dermaroller has worked wonders on my wrinkles thus far, but I hate each and every minute. Mad Mad Mad

Next year I may save up and head to the doctor in Miami that does the facial rolls. Suffering through one medical roll a year has got to be better than 12 (or more) of these horrid things per year, sigh. (even though it will be WAY more expensive!!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have just finished up my 2nd series of 6 weekly rolls. This time I used a 3 line 1.5 on my wrinkles.

This is what I read on the official dermaroller website under the medical CIT for wrinkles.

"According to the individual skin condition, 1 to 3 procedures, separated by 4 to 6 weeks, are sufficient to resurface the skin. As aging continues, we recommend one refresher-CIT every year. Between the CITs and after the last one, you can support the results of the CIT by using the Home Care Dermaroller in combination with high-end peptide serums.

Advice: As sunrays trigger free radicals - the worst enemies of your skin cells - avoid direct sun exposure!!!"

I think your first instinct was correct, Bethany. More time for the roller to "do its thing" in between rolling.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I think your first instinct was correct, Bethany. More time for the roller to "do its thing" in between rolling.

Yep. Too bad I deviated from that this last weekend and did my trouble spots again...now they REALLY are trouble spots! Shock Shock Shock

The lines on my neck where I used the 3Line are BRIGHT RED....I seriously should be wearing a turtle neck to hide the damage. And the areas where I used Proactiv on my face due to the 7 zit breakout are raw as well.

I am soooo not a happy camper at the moment. I just hope this stuff clears up before I go out of town next Monday. Sad Needless to say, I will not be doing this again unless I have a minimum of 2 weeks to hide out! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, Bethany. What are you using on your raw spots to help them heal?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, Bethany. What are you using on your raw spots to help them heal?

I broke out the cortisone this evening...one or two days ought to get it on the healing track, and then I'll use emu the rest of the week (though it didn't do much good last night). And hopefully I;ll look semi-normal by Monday. Smile

But I can definitely see where the 3Line made a significant difference...I'll do it again, provided that I allocate enough down time next time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I think you should really try using your LED after rolling (maybe the next day). I know that the theory is to just let the inflammation do it's thing, but I've continued to use my LED whilst rolling and I am still getting results. I also think that the LED helps push the topicals, applied after rolling, into the skin.

Let's face it - both rolling and LEDs are fairly recent developments and there's really no procedure set in concrete because it's all so new. In my view, if you roller your skin, it's still going to heal up and create new skin, regardless of whether you use an LED or not. I can tell you that the LED is very soothing to the skin after a roll and it might help with some of your misery.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Bethany, I think you should really try using your LED after rolling (maybe the next day). I know that the theory is to just let the inflammation do it's thing, but I've continued to use my LED whilst rolling and I am still getting results. I also think that the LED helps push the topicals, applied after rolling, into the skin.

Let's face it - both rolling and LEDs are fairly recent developments and there's really no procedure set in concrete because it's all so new. In my view, if you roller your skin, it's still going to heal up and create new skin, regardless of whether you use an LED or not. I can tell you that the LED is very soothing to the skin after a roll and it might help with some of your misery.

Soothing is sounding pretty darn good to me right now! I start adding emu in at 24 hours, so I have no issues adding LED in then too.

In fact, I think I'll go do it right now...thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I can tell you that the LED is very soothing to the skin after a roll and it might help with some of your misery.

I dragged out my LED and treated my poor raw spots...Keliu was right! they definitely felt better after the treatment!

Hmm....hopefully when I get up in the morning, I will no longer look like I am wearing a striped turtleneck. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
How do you look today, Bethany, after using the LED? Any improvement?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
How do you look today, Bethany, after using the LED? Any improvement?

Between the LED and the hydrocortisone, I looked much better today. I actually have my LED pointing on my neck right now. (Thanks again, Keliu)

But I also look like a snake that is shedding their skin, lol...VERY peely! But since that should resolve quickly, I may actually look normal by Monday.

But will I do this again? YOU BET!!! My rolling results thus far have just been too good to stop now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm a little confused as to what products I should be using after rolling.

Those who use copper peptides, do you only apply 1x (about an hr after the roll) or do you continue using as you heal?

I have not found a C serum that skin will tolerate. I'm not sure what I should in place of C. I already use tazorac so I have the A covered.

About how long do you stay away from your regular routine? Just till your skin starts to calm down?

thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I'm a little confused as to what products I should be using after rolling.

Those who use copper peptides, do you only apply 1x (about an hr after the roll) or do you continue using as you heal?

I have not found a C serum that skin will tolerate. I'm not sure what I should in place of C. I already use tazorac so I have the A covered.

About how long do you stay away from your regular routine? Just till your skin starts to calm down?

thanks

Everyone's skin is different, and unfortunately trial and error is the only way to find what works for you. Sad

CP's - I do NOT think these are essential for rolling, and I wouldn't buy any if you don't already have them. I only use them after I roll (and not ongoing).

Vit C - Have you tried an oil-soluble version? I like the 302 products, and combine their A and C products for a couple of days after I roll. When my skin calms down, then I return to my regular lineup.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

CP's - I do NOT think these are essential for rolling, and I wouldn't buy any if you don't already have them. I only use them after I roll (and not ongoing).

Vit C - Have you tried an oil-soluble version? I like the 302 products, and combine their A and C products for a couple of days after I roll. When my skin calms down, then I return to my regular lineup.

I actually do have some skin biology cp. I didn't care for it for daily use but I guess since I have it I will use after rolling.

I have been looking at 302 products but the C boost contains problematic ingredients for me.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I have been looking at 302 products but the C boost contains problematic ingredients for me.

I guess you could take significant supplement dosages if you can't find a topical that works for you. You can also buy versions of both ascorbic acid and/or oil soluble Vit C from places like Lotioncrafter and make your own.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I wrote to Horst Leibl about the dermaroller and my condition. I thought I would post this just in case there is ever anyone else like me! I have ITP (platelet disorder). Anyway, I asked Mr. Leibl if that could affect my results with the dermaroller. He replied this to my question, "I would not recommend to perform a Dermaroller treatment. Needles longer than 0.3 mm will puncture your capillaries and this may result in haematoma."

I then told Mr. Leibl that I had been using the dermaroller without any issues (I do have the small blood spots if I am aggressive, and I am aggressive on my vertical lip lines and my 11's).

After reading Fernandes article again where he states "Micro-needling using the Environ® Medical Roll-CIT® causes microscopic breaks in the blood vessels immediately below the surface layer of the skin (epidermis). This releases platelets that contribute to the forming of blood clots. In turn, these platelets release a series of growth factors which promote the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. This happens at a microscopic level and the related chain of events should be aided wherever possible to promote sufficient increases in elastin and collagen production in order to tighten and smoothen the skin as much as possible.

I asked Mr. Leibl about the above quoted from Dr. Fernandes due to my low platelets, wondering if that could affect my results with the dermaroller, and Mr. Leibl replied "ITP possibly is caused by an adverse immune reaction and possibly your platelets do not carry (sufficient) TGFs. The skin must be needled in such a way that about 15 to 20 passes show petechiae on the epidermis. Treatment separation is 6 weeks or more, since collagen needs to mature."

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I have done 2 cycles now of 6 weekly rolls. The first cycle I used the 1 mm, and the 2nd cycle I used the 1.5 mm 3 line roller. I roll 20 times, and I do get the petechiae on my vertical lines and my 11's. Now I am not sure if I should continue with the dermaroller at all, or just wait a longer period of time between rolls.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I have done 2 cycles now of 6 weekly rolls. The first cycle I used the 1 mm, and the 2nd cycle I used the 1.5 mm 3 line roller. I roll 20 times, and I do get the petechiae on my vertical lines and my 11's. Now I am not sure if I should continue with the dermaroller at all, or just wait a longer period of time between rolls.

So let me ask you this - are you worried that you could be damaging your skin? If yes, I would stop completely.

If no, I would definitely cut back on the frequency. If you are already limited in TGF, then creating even more wounds too frequently could mean that you don't have enough TGF to do the healing/remodelling that needs to be done.

I would suggest one intensive roll every 4-6 weeks...that is what Dr. Liebl recommends for everyone anyway!

Just my peanut gallery thoughts. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
So let me ask you this - are you worried that you could be damaging your skin? If yes, I would stop completely.

If no, I would definitely cut back on the frequency. If you are already limited in TGF, then creating even more wounds too frequently could mean that you don't have enough TGF to do the healing/remodelling that needs to be done.

I would suggest one intensive roll every 4-6 weeks...that is what Dr. Liebl recommends for everyone anyway!

No, I really am not worried about damaging my skin at all. More about if this is doing anything to my platelet level (which I will find out tomorrow at the doctors office). I agree with your peanut gallery thoughts! As long as my platelet level is not lower than the last time (before I started dermarolling), then I will just do an intense roll and a lot longer spacing in between. Thanks, Bethany! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

No, I really am not worried about damaging my skin at all. More about if this is doing anything to my platelet level (which I will find out tomorrow at the doctors office). I agree with your peanut gallery thoughts! As long as my platelet level is not lower than the last time (before I started dermarolling), then I will just do an intense roll and a lot longer spacing in between. Thanks, Bethany! Very Happy

I would not think that dermarolling would lower your platelets, but what do I know? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I would not think that dermarolling would lower your platelets, but what do I know? Very Happy

I'll let you know. I had my lab work and go in this morning to see what the doc has to say. I am hoping you are right!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have to go back in 3 months for another platelet check. They clumped too much and could not be counted. So, I will just have to continue with my dermarolling until then. Very Happy I just will roll every 6 weeks or so instead of weekly.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so I have been rolling with 2.5 on my scars and a 1.5 on my forehead, nose and around my eyes. It hurts so bad and I was wondering what is the best (strongest) cream to use to numb myself before I roll? Embarassed

Also, I just bought a Dinair Airbrush makeup kit. Is this better than the Mineral Makeup that I have been using? I was also thinking that this makeup would be able to cover my face better; if I need to go somewhere and am still a little red from the rolling Cool !

What do you guys think? Question
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
Okay, so I have been rolling with 2.5 on my scars and a 1.5 on my forehead, nose and around my eyes. It hurts so bad and I was wondering what is the best (strongest) cream to use to numb myself before I roll? Embarassed

I personally use the 10% lidocaine "Climax Spray" that I purchase from alldaychemist.com.

Some people use ice, Emla, Super T (which I was allergic to), and I am sure people will weigh in with some other options as well.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |