Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



DermaRoller

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
tessera
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 210
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I did my first 1.0 mm hand roll today and am interested in some updates from people who started rolling their hands last spring. The names I've seen include monalisasmiler, Catski, Mishey, Zenity and katebargold (I've already seen Bethany's discussion of her results). I'm mostly doing it to increase thickness and decrease crepeyness and vein prominence. So ladies, how is it going?

_________________
50+, fair brown/brown, Obagi, L2K, AALS; battling: pigmentation, crepeyness, sag
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 768
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Hi all, I did my first 1.0 mm hand roll today and am interested in some updates from people who started rolling their hands last spring. The names I've seen include monalisasmiler, Catski, Mishey, Zenity and katebargold (I've already seen Bethany's discussion of her results). I'm mostly doing it to increase thickness and decrease crepeyness and vein prominence. So ladies, how is it going?


Hi there Teressa.
Well for myself, my hands and arms haven't improved that much with rolling, but my face and thighs have. That's not to say I got rid of my cellulite through it, but the skin looks lovely and glowy. Also I'm persisting with rolling my hands and arms, but am now only doing it every 8 weeks or so.
I think different people get different results on different areas of the body. If I recall Snowqueen was very happy with her face and hands, but not on her arms or back.
Interested to see how others went.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 768
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
EMR wrote:
Hello to all,
Just joined EDS after reading the 109 pages - and the links - and the cit thread.
So unbelievably helpful this has been.
I've ordered 302 products after reading the thread boski started - quite excited to make the switch from retin A to 302.
I just want to ask a couple of questions that I know are answered - I just cannot find the particular page out of the 109...
In any case I've purchased the
.25 for prod.pen.
1.5 3L
1.5 reg.roller
Re: the .25:
-Would it be more beneficial to apply warmed 302 drops to wet face and THEN roll w/ .25mm roller while product is on face?
-Or should I roll then apply drops?
-Also how often would you all recommend rolling with the .25?

BTW – just started Ageless if You Dare and L2K...the enabling on this website is just something else......

Just one last quest. then I'll stop - thought the word on ultrasound was good - Dr. H seems to recommend it (as well as some of you) and also LED… (which I know absolutely nothing about)
-Could you all let me know which LED machines have been helpful to you?
Trying to thicken epidermis - raise shallow rolling acne scars - make enlarged pores just go far away forever and ever....

Again - I know I'm asking someone to repeat themselves but would greatly appreciate any and all informed opinions.....


Hi Teressa.
Sorry I can't tell you anything about rolling for product penetration as I've never done it.

I myself decided on the AALS, but haven't bought it yet. There's a thread you can look at on how to decide on a LED device .
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28996

HTH somewhat.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 807
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
hyeonjlee wrote:
thanks for your replies.

OK. I am now reading last 20-30 posts (I was reading from the beginning - wow, I did not read with such dedication anything since I was cramming for my qualifying exam during the Ph.D. program).

You guys are amazing with the info and the WILLINGNESS to share your insight with others. My hat's off to you all.

I will do more reading, and if I still have questions, I will get back.

Again, thank you soooooooooooo very much.


It's a VERY long thread, I know... there is just no easy way around it, though - it's just about impossible to consolidate the info without missing important points.

Anyway, you can get a great overview just by reading the links Bethany posted, so that will save you a lot of time. Covering those last 25ish pages of the thread will also get you where you need to be, and then we can help you fine tune. It seems like a lot, but you'll be finished before you know it Smile

Bethany, glad I could save you a little time! Very Happy

Do you have any objections to me copying the info in that post into a notepad file? It would be perfect as a quick copy-and-paste repsonse for people just learning about dermarolling. I might also go back through and find some of the really key pages and start making a list, to save time and point them exactly to the info they'll need. Of course, that's assuming I can even keep up with new posts Laughing

Hi EMR,

This is my routing with the .25mm for product penetration:

1] spray skin (or swab with cotton ball) with Bactine spray, for mild numbing and disinfection. I let this sit for about a minute or so.

2] apply the drops to skin (which is mostly dry by now - I think it works better this way when you're using the drops for rolling, but that's just a personal preference)

3] roll skin in sections (i.e. forehead, temples, cheeks, etc), rinsing roller frequently throughout use and continually spraying the roller with bactine. **After rolling each section, I spray (that part of my face) with bactine and then apply more of whatever 302 product I'm using.

When it's all finished, you'll have applied the product twice - once on disinfected, [mostly] dry skin, and the second time over rolled, disinfected (and still wet) skin.

This has worked well for me. (ETA: You're free to make adjustments as necessary, of course, or do something totally different if it works better)

Harder to help with a schedule, though - I think the inventors recommended 2 or 3 times a week (and the resellers obviously recommend more). This is probably fine for most people, but see where you're at after one treatment. i get so much inflammation/redness/peeling I can only do maybe once every 2 weeks, or less, or else I start looking worse instead of better.

If you haven't already, check out the links Bethany posted - even if you have already read them, they are good ones to save and re-read if you find yourself needing info, or forgetting where you read something.

Also, wrt to LED's, there's an excellent thread on how to choose an LED (which I think is actually the thread title). I'm heading out in a few minutes, but if no one else beats me to it, I'll post the link a little bit later. I'm pretty sure it's in this forum (Skin care tools and DIY).

Good luck Smile

ETA: Here you go!

How do I decide on a LED device?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28996
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 807
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

Hi there Teressa.
Well for myself, my hands and arms haven't improved that much with rolling, but my face and thighs have. That's not to say I got rid of my cellulite through it, but the skin looks lovely and glowy. Also I'm persisting with rolling my hands and arms, but am now only doing it every 8 weeks or so.
I think different people get different results on different areas of the body. If I recall Snowqueen was very happy with her face and hands, but not on her arms or back.
Interested to see how others went.


Mishey, what length needles did you use on your hands/thighs, and how often were you rolling?

My hands are mostly ok right now but I'm thinking of rolling them with the .25 every so often to keep the skin a little thicker. I'm debating trying to roll my stomach/thighs, too, but I'll need longer needles for that than what I have now.
hyeonjlee
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 19
Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
OK.

After reading the last 30 pages of the posts, I decided to give dermarolling a try.

First, here is where I am.

(1) 49 year old. fair/medium skin tone

(2) no wrinkle anywhere. Very fine and smooth texture with nearly invisible pores. People who don't know me think I am in my early thirties.

(3) problems to address:

*** faint traces of old acne scars - I used to have 15+ very noticeable, ice pick scars and other minor acne scars, and a year of monthly TCA cross treatment got rid them all except some faint traces. They are mostly invisible but still I am fixated on them!

*** two areas of melasma: used to be much worse, but obagi nu derm treatment followed by a daily application of topics have brought them under control: however, still noticeable to the degree I need a light make up to cover it A dab of mineral powder does the trick. but, my goal is to be able to go completely make up free.

(4) goals:

*** Finally getting rid of the faint traces of old acne scars (I expect Dermarolling will do the job here)

*** better product penetration for the stuff I am using to control melasma spots. If dermarolling directly reduces my melasma, I will be very happy, but I doubt Dermarolling will handle pigmentation issues as well as the scars and wrinkle.

*** to keep my skin in good shape and arrest the aging process as long as I can.


********************

I will continue with the next post for my questions.
hyeonjlee
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 19
Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I am planning to purchase 0.25mm for product penetration, 1.5mm regular and 3 line 1.5mm. I am planning to do 6 weekly dermarolling with 1.5mm and then every 4-6 weeks. This seems like the good protocol.

Here are the questions.

(1) While I am on the 6 week "program" for scar removal and collagen building with 1.5mm, can I still do 3 times a week of 0.25mm for better product penetration?

(2) For better product penetration, should I use the EXACT skin product I target for best penetration right before and after dermarolling? Or, if you do dermarolling, it enhances the product penetration of all other products you are using on a regular basis even on a day you did NOT perform dermarolling?

If the answer is the former (the exact products), I guess I will do the dermarolling in the evening when I use my "A list" active ingredients - like Retin A, Copper Peptides, and mostly importantly, a pigmentation correcting product in my case.

*** with 0.25mm, can I immediate use all the normal skin care products the same evening I do the dermarolling?

***************************

Thank you so much for your help.
EMR
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 30
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
LBS,

There are now 7 iterations floating around of my reply thanking you....hoping they don't pop up at once - you'll all think I'm a total nut job.
Every time I try to "reply with quote" - preview my reply - then hit submit, I get an angry red notification telling me not to use certain words or to add links...from or to something...clearly not doing the quote thing right

In any case my thanks for the detailed reply I'm just going to follow your procedure and go from there - it sounds effective and I've nowhere to go but up from here so I hope.....I also said something about eating an avocado a day for additional reinforcement - in 7 different ways...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Bethany, glad I could save you a little time! Very Happy

Do you have any objections to me copying the info in that post into a notepad file? It would be perfect as a quick copy-and-paste repsonse for people just learning about dermarolling. I might also go back through and find some of the really key pages and start making a list, to save time and point them exactly to the info they'll need. Of course, that's assuming I can even keep up with new posts Laughing



Feel free!!! Right now I am just working too many hours to keep up with everything here.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 768
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Mishey, what length needles did you use on your hands/thighs, and how often were you rolling?

My hands are mostly ok right now but I'm thinking of rolling them with the .25 every so often to keep the skin a little thicker. I'm debating trying to roll my stomach/thighs, too, but I'll need longer needles for that than what I have now.


Lowbrow I rolled with the 1.5mm weekly on my thighs, got good results with that. I've only used the 1.5mm for everything actually. I did weekly treatments on the face, neck and arms, but now think that maybe the rolls weren't intensive enough, or with a long enough break in between. So now my regime is every 6 to 8 weeks and very intensive rolls. We'll see how that goes.
I also posted the link to the "How to decide on a LED device" in a previous post for EMR.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 272
Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
hi all
i just tried the 1.5 on my arm and thigh and decolette -- didn't get any blood but a pric or two, there is redness (and dark intense red on the chest)-- i'm guessing i need a 2 or a 2.5 for the thicker skin on my body, but i'll wait 4 weeks before i try again.
as far as pain -while there were painful spots, it didn't so much hurt as it was intensely annoying - like maybe what it would feel like if a fly landed on you 100 times in a minute in the same area - stange analogy, i know. As i was rolling i'm thinking, "would you stop that annoying action", and of course my reply was - "just a few more rolls" Laughing
face is totally calmed down,i miss the post roll swell, lots of peeling from RA. feeling very optimistic about this rolling business - and i can feel it in my bones that i need to space these rolls out
adios
m
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
hi all
i just tried the 1.5 on my arm and thigh and decolette -- didn't get any blood but a pric or two, there is redness (and dark intense red on the chest)-- i'm guessing i need a 2 or a 2.5 for the thicker skin on my body, but i'll wait 4 weeks before i try again.


The chest is one of the thinnest skinned areas...please do not use anything more than a 1.5mm.

And if you are only seeing a few pinspots of blood, you are mostly likely NOT hitting the dermis. Keep in mind that blood under the skin is critical for the release of various enzymes that kick off the development of collagen.

If you don't need numbing cream AND you are not bleeding, I bet my annual salary that you are not pressing down hard enough. Don't bother to buy longer needles until you are using the current one correctly.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
EMR
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 30
Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

not sure which thread this should be posted to but I just read on the LED thread your current anti aging regimen which did not include 302. I read all of the 302 thread and noted your experience with their products.
Do you mind if I ask if you've decided against 302 and why? I'm aware that the rec. is that one use only their products - hence my assumption (maybe wrongly) that you'd stopped use.
It also seemed that you had gotten some very good results. I'm just starting myself and will indeed go forward with them - I was just curious.
BTW your and Boski's experience/results with dermarolling really convinced me to purchase them....great results...
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 272
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
hi all
i just tried the 1.5 on my arm and thigh and decolette -- didn't get any blood but a pric or two, there is redness (and dark intense red on the chest)-- i'm guessing i need a 2 or a 2.5 for the thicker skin on my body, but i'll wait 4 weeks before i try again.


The chest is one of the thinnest skinned areas...please do not use anything more than a 1.5mm.

And if you are only seeing a few pinspots of blood, you are mostly likely NOT hitting the dermis. Keep in mind that blood under the skin is critical for the release of various enzymes that kick off the development of collagen.

If you don't need numbing cream AND you are not bleeding, I bet my annual salary that you are not pressing down hard enough. Don't bother to buy longer needles until you are using the current one correctly.


hi bethany
thanks so much for taking the time to give me some guidance. I Have a few questions/confusions if you have any time...but before that, let me just say that i didnt bother to differenciate in the last post about 1.5 vs. 2.0 for chest - didn't want to bore people endlessly - but thanks for catching it and commenting - i have no intention of using over 1.5 for that area - it's sundamaged (pigment) to begin w/-(i'm using a skin brightener from skinactives and it has helped immensely)-and i was hesitant to use the 1.5 on it-
now for the questions
on my thigh - i literally have tract marks all over it - as if i fell asleep on a window screen for a few hours...i did not experience this w/ my face - perhaps this is a result of pressing hard enough to make a mark, but not hard enough to cause swelling to disappear the marks...my arm just looks red (alot like my face did (and i did get some blood on the arm)) and my chest looks badly burnt still, 5 hrs later.
that being said, you are obviously right, i didn't press hard enough if i didn't draw blood - i considered the 2.0 'cause i could of sworn i read on these boards that you need longer needles for the thicker skin on the legs/butt--so thanks for the refresher course!

FINALLY, rolling the thighs felt so weird 'cause there was this tiny little barrel for this large (okay, not TOO large Very Happy ) area - i almost felt that if i pressed too hard, the thing would snap in two - and like i said in my first post, the feeling was maddening - not gratifying like the face...
what i'm guessing is that my thighs are sensitive to this contraption and the discomfort was my pressure guide...it's back to the lab again!
thanks again bethany
m
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
EMR wrote:
Bethany,

not sure which thread this should be posted to but I just read on the LED thread your current anti aging regimen which did not include 302. I read all of the 302 thread and noted your experience with their products.
Do you mind if I ask if you've decided against 302 and why? I'm aware that the rec. is that one use only their products - hence my assumption (maybe wrongly) that you'd stopped use.
It also seemed that you had gotten some very good results. I'm just starting myself and will indeed go forward with them - I was just curious.
BTW your and Boski's experience/results with dermarolling really convinced me to purchase them....great results...


EMR, I'll reply via PM since this thread is just for dermarolling.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
massimo
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I've decided to join the forum today after having reading it secretly for months. Like all of you, I'm also a fellow roller. My areas of concerns are mostly scars. I've acne, pox and pitted-rolling scars and nothing I've tried (other than a particular snail cream, but that's for later) have assisted to alleviate the scars until dermarolling.

Ok, first thing first, Bethany, Keliu, Lowbrowscientist: you have my utmost respect sista! Good on ya, and thanks for sharing all the useful article and opinions dispensed thus far. To be honest, I keep coming back here because of your contribution to this forum and this forum by far have the most 'educational' information on dermarolling!

So back to me Very Happy I've had dermarolling done five times on my face using a 1.5mm Dr Roller in a doctors clinic. I started sometime last year, every roll is spaced out between 3-4 weeks and the last roll was 2 weeks ago. I cannot be more happier to see what its done to my face and the best thing about all this is that, I did not even have to use any special products other than the c-scape serum to aid the healing and growth and my other regular moisturizer.

After the last visit, the doctor handed me the terror-tool and cheekily asked that I keep it as a memorabilia. He did warn me however that I should not use it on my face anymore as its only recommended that the terror-tool is to be use x 5 sessions as anything more than that will require a new tool. Is everyone here having the same understanding? I'd like to continue this dermarolling but without having to visit the doctor again so I'm thinking of investing in those .3mm and also perhaps a 2.0mm. My idea is to use the .3mm twice every week and the 2.0mm once every 4-6 weeks. Any objections/advise here?

Oh, and if anyone is looking at getting Emla, you may want to check out Topicaine as well. I've posted this on the other thread (numbing cream). Long story short, it is said that Topicaine not only surpasses Emla (the numbness that is), you don't require occlusion and it can be purchased easily. I got mine from amazondotcom.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Massimo, and welcome to EDS!

massimo wrote:
Ok, first thing first, Bethany, Keliu, Lowbrowscientist: you have my utmost respect sista! Good on ya, and thanks for sharing all the useful article and opinions dispensed thus far. To be honest, I keep coming back here because of your contribution to this forum and this forum by far have the most 'educational' information on dermarolling!


Thank you for actually reading it!!

massimo wrote:
So back to me Very Happy I've had dermarolling done five times on my face using a 1.5mm Dr Roller in a doctors clinic. I started sometime last year, every roll is spaced out between 3-4 weeks and the last roll was 2 weeks ago. I cannot be more happier to see what its done to my face and the best thing about all this is that, I did not even have to use any special products other than the c-scape serum to aid the healing and growth and my other regular moisturizer.


The pros definitely recommend both Vit A and Vit C before and after treatment....if your doctor didn't have you on any kind of Vit A at least 2 weeks beforehand, it sounds like he needs to read up on what is required for cells to really rejuvenate. Let me know if I need to point you to some places to read up on this.

massimo wrote:
After the last visit, the doctor handed me the terror-tool and cheekily asked that I keep it as a memorabilia. He did warn me however that I should not use it on my face anymore as its only recommended that the terror-tool is to be use x 5 sessions as anything more than that will require a new tool. Is everyone here having the same understanding? I'd like to continue this dermarolling but without having to visit the doctor again so I'm thinking of investing in those .3mm and also perhaps a 2.0mm. My idea is to use the .3mm twice every week and the 2.0mm once every 4-6 weeks. Any objections/advise here?


I don't use my rollers more than 6 times, as they do get dull. And the longer the needles, the faster they dull due to the electrical current associated with penetration of the skin. The shorter rollers (.15mm and .25mm) are the exceptions to that rule.

I am not a proponent of using rollers for product penetration due to the inflammation they cause me (even the .15mm makes me red for 24 hours). And ongoing inflammation actually speeds up the aging of your skin (inflammation needs to be limited to every 2 weeks at the most). There are other ways to increase product penetration without inflammation, such as with Ultrasound (use 3mhz for your face). However, if you do go that route, I would suggest using the baby .15mm Dr. Roller instead of the .25mm.

Also, I would not suggest going with a 2.0mm roller if you saw results with a 1.5mm. The only reason to do that is if you have some very deep acne scars that have not resolved in the next 6 months. If you want to keep rolling, use a 1.5mm for the next 6 treatments (every 4-6 weeks), and then upgrade to a 2.0mm.

BTW, if you check out the Discounted Dermaroller thread, you will see that we get discounts on Dr. Rollers, including multiple roller purchases.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
massimo
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

Thank you for your reply.

bethany wrote:

Quote:
The pros definitely recommend both Vit A and Vit C before and after treatment....if your doctor didn't have you on any kind of Vit A at least 2 weeks beforehand, it sounds like he needs to read up on what is required for cells to really rejuvenate. Let me know if I need to point you to some places to read up on this.


I used to be on retin-a but because I have very oily skin, I had to go off it as it gives me consistent breakout. Given that I'm into dermarolling now, it would be ideal that I go back on them eh. I'm using copper peptides serums lately to aid skin regeneration. According to a certain skin site, CP surpasses retin-a in skin remodelling but you are right, retin-a nevertheless complements the dermarolling. Now all I need is to go find a reliable one and slap it on my face to have it prep ready before the next coming intended rolling.

You know what, sometimes because of my eagerness (thanks to the results I'm seeing already) i tend to get carried away and because of that, I'm always finding new means or add-ons to my quest for a better skin. This brings back to my idea of using the home roller as a sit in while waiting 4-6 weeks to pass before I reach out for the longer needles. Maybe I should sit on this idea for a bit as if product penetration (without inflamming my skin) is what I seek, I can always rely on the handy dermawand (which unfortunately have been sitting in my cupboard since the discovery of dermarolling Laughing)

Thanks for the heads up on the discounted rollers. I hope shipping wont be too exxy, else I'll think about doing multiple orders at one go for extra savings.

Also, I've found this interesting article which I don't think I've seen in your pile of articles on dermarolling. The article also did mention retin-a as part of the treatment.

[I cant post weblinks as its restricted to me so you have to try work this out: triplewww dot mesotherapyworldwide dot com/images/pdf/Skin%20Needling%20Protocol dot pdf]

I hope this is useful somehow.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
massimo wrote:
Also, I've found this interesting article which I don't think I've seen in your pile of articles on dermarolling. The article also did mention retin-a as part of the treatment.

[I cant post weblinks as its restricted to me so you have to try work this out: triplewww dot mesotherapyworldwide dot com/images/pdf/Skin%20Needling%20Protocol dot pdf]

I hope this is useful somehow.


I have definitely seen that article...the comment on "macerating" the skin just kills me.

And I know the CP story very well....I have read the book, the previously voluminous website, bought the products, and experienced the CP uglies firsthand. The damage is still not completely gone under my eyes, even though I only ever used the weakest version near my eyes. I will stick with the Retin A and retinol products, thank you!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 272
Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Mishey, what length needles did you use on your hands/thighs, and how often were you rolling?

My hands are mostly ok right now but I'm thinking of rolling them with the .25 every so often to keep the skin a little thicker. I'm debating trying to roll my stomach/thighs, too, but I'll need longer needles for that than what I have now.


Lowbrow I rolled with the 1.5mm weekly on my thighs, got good results with that. I've only used the 1.5mm for everything actually. I did weekly treatments on the face, neck and arms, but now think that maybe the rolls weren't intensive enough, or with a long enough break in between. So now my regime is every 6 to 8 weeks and very intensive rolls. We'll see how that goes.
I also posted the link to the "How to decide on a LED device" in a previous post for EMR.


Hi Mishey -

can i assume that since you got good results on the thighs with the 1.5 that you pierced the skin deep enough to produce blood? I'm trying to absorb as much as i can here...

thanks!
m
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 768
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="moongoddess
Hi Mishey -

can i assume that since you got good results on the thighs with the 1.5 that you pierced the skin deep enough to produce blood? I'm trying to absorb as much as i can here...

thanks!m[/quote]


Hi Moongoddess.

I got some bloodspots on my thighs, but nowhere near as much as my last roll I did on myself.
I don't know why my thigh skin responded so well compared to my arms etc. It is indeed a mystery.
I did a series of 6 weekly rolls on the thighs.
I've come to believe that some of us get better results on certain body parts while others may get better results on others.
I'm now going for the aggressive but less often approach on the hands, arms, neck and chest and see where that gets me.
I'm nearly due for another round.
tessera
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 210
Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
These are a couple of questions for Bethany:
I know we're supposed to replace the roller after six rolls, but how much area constitutes one roll? I'm doing a series of 1.0 rolls on the face, neck, chest and hands. To avoid having too much Tridocaine on my skin at one time, I'm doing these as separate areas, one per week, for a total of six monthly rolls on each area. Do I need to replace the roller after six weeks? (I.e. 1.face,2.neck,3.chest,4.hands,5.face,6.neck?)Or, would you count, say, hands & neck as one roll, because the area is roughly equivalent to one chest roll?

Question 2: We're supposed to use Vit. A & C as post-roll treatment, but avoid the use of retin-A and L-Ascorbic. What do you think about a DIY of squalane or jojoba, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (C), Retinyl palmitate (A) and d-alpha-tocopherol (E)?

_________________
50+, fair brown/brown, Obagi, L2K, AALS; battling: pigmentation, crepeyness, sag
Perfectionist
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Posts: 28
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm considering buying a dermaroller for my scars (superficial red burn scars).
Which is the lenght to go with and what sort of brand is the best?
I see the prices ranging from 25$ to 700$ for a dermaroller, are the qualities really that different?
ace243
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 78
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
i was looking on ebay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lyapko-DERMAROLLER-BODY-LIFTING-ANTICELLULITE-UNIVERSAL_W0QQitemZ310118051718QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item310118051718&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

,it looks much wider then most rollers,im still reading but i cant seem to find the width (cus they all look much bigger in a pic lol) it says 3,5mm im thinking its supost to be a (.) but im not sure.im using the dr roller for stretch marks & i have a lot,so if thats wider it wouldnt take so long to roll. has any1 used one of these?
ace243
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 May 2008
Posts: 78
Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
actually i mst be blind lol, it said in big blue letters width-70mm lol.

i hate to ask this again but does anyone have the link to the Discounted Dermaroller thread, im due for a new roller because ive been pulling out slightly bent needles out of mr dr roller & im sure that cant be good,i think i droped it.

i have six weeks before my nxt roll so i have pleanty of time.

Bethany-

u keep saying if u dont bleed your not hitting the dermas. on my last roll i had a ton of blood spots. is that enough or am i not doing it hard enough? im using it on my stomach for stretchmarks.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Orlane 24 Hour Hydration Limited Edition (50 ml) Bremenn Clinical Strength Smooth Serum (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)